storm runs the marvel universe gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
you all knew it was bound to happen with me here, so how does she fare against these people. after each fight she is all healed and rejuvinated.

1)jubilee(warm up)

2)wolverine

3)spider-man

4)human torch

5)warbird

6)the wasp

7)the thing

8)namor

9)iceman

10) scarlet witch

^^how far does she get

jinzin
torch maybe hard to overcome...if he doesn't beat her...she makes it to iceman before she goes down...

jrodslam
This is kinda tricky cause she beats everyone up to Warbird. Its very possible Storm may loose to her.

If Storm can beat warbird, she makes it to Namor then looses.

Scoobless
lol.... you forgot to set battlefield limits again.... if she starts next to them (or within a few feet) even Jubilee could take her down

jrodslam
A shot of lightning from Storms hands would ko Jubes before Jubilee does Storm.

And if the fight starts with them a few feet away from each other, Storm can propel herself over 20 feet in the air within 2 seconds.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by jrodslam
This is kinda tricky cause she beats everyone up to Warbird. Its very possible Storm may loose to her.

If Storm can beat warbird, she makes it to Namor then looses.

Nah before iceman i think the only real tricky one is the human torch. Warbird really isnt that durable. Storm could take her out if being ruthless. Namor while strong is really slow in the air. He can only fly at 60mph. Storm could easily avoid him and his attacks while turning the skies against him if hes airborne. Lightning at high yields would hurt him and she could pin him down with winds. Drop buildings on him. Projectiles at hurricane force speeds if sharp could kill him or at the very least fatally wound him.

jrodslam
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Nah before iceman i think the only real tricky one is the human torch. Warbird really isnt that durable. Storm could take her out if being ruthless. Namor while strong is really slow in the air. He can only fly at 60mph. Storm could easily avoid him and his attacks while turning the skies against him if hes airborne. Lightning at high yields would hurt him and she could pin him down with winds. Drop buildings on him. Projectiles at hurricane force speeds if sharp could kill him or at the very least fatally wound him.

Storm would just have to make it rain and Jhonny's out of there.

Namor could absorb the lightning and re-direct it.

You really think Storn would be able to hold him down with strong winds? Or a building droped on him? Namor cuold avoid the building if he cant take it. Which im sure he can. Plus they start out only a few feet away from each other. Storm cant instantly pick up a building. By the time she tries to do that, Namor would break her neck.

GalacticStorm
Storm would just have to make it rain and Jhonny's out of there.

Namor could absorb the lightning and re-direct it.

You really think Storn would be able to hold him down with strong winds? Or a building droped on him? Namor cuold avoid the building if he cant take it. Which im sure he can. Plus they start out only a few feet away from each other. Storm cant instantly pick up a building. By the time she tries to do that, Namor would break her neck.

Stormfront hasnt said that they start a few feet away from each other. Thats your assumption. I doubt thats the case because that would make for a very short gauntlet run. As it is yes hurricane force winds could hold down namor and since when can he absorb lightning and redirect it? I said drop a building on him. That takes a lightning bolt.

GalacticStorm
Storm has blown hulk miles away with winds. She has pinned emma who is class 50 with ease.

jrodslam
Stormfront hasnt said that they start a few feet away from each other. Thats your assumption. I doubt thats the case because that would make for a very short gauntlet run. As it is yes hurricane force winds could hold down namor and since when can he absorb lightning and redirect it? I said drop a building on him. That takes a lightning bolt.

Lol. Youre right. So what are the rules Stormfront?

Namor has always been able to absorb and re-direct lightning. Its his electric eel ability. Wasp has tried to eletricute him as well as Doom with 10,000+ volts.

Ok so Storm blows Namor miles away. He comes back. Emma is cl 50 in diamond form. Namor is cl 100+ and is more agile and mobile than both Emma and Hulk. It woudlnt be the same outcome.

life is cruell
I dont think storm is gonna defeat warbird. Before strom can pin her with winds warbird will blind her with an intense flash of light. Also warbird has a degree of resistance to physical and energy attacks and can absord different forms of energy, so lightning wont help storm that much. Warbird has many ways of taking out storm, with different energy attacks or with strength.

GalacticStorm
"Namor has always been able to absorb and re-direct lightning. Its his electric eel ability. Wasp has tried to eletricute him as well as Doom with 10,000+ volts."

No comparison to what storm can generate. Storm has fought people with resistance to he lightning before and overloaded them. Sebastian Shaw for example was hospitalised.

"Ok so Storm blows Namor miles away. He comes back. Emma is cl 50 in diamond form. Namor is cl 100+ and is more agile and mobile than both Emma and Hulk. It woudlnt be the same outcome."

Yes i know theres no comparison between emma and namor however my point was that if storm can easily pin emma to a wall with no effort at all. Storm was even cracking jokes for christs sake. Then Pinning namor who is low level class 100 at the most is certainly within her capabilities. Namor on land is the same strength capability as Thing they are both rated as 6's in the strength scale which puts them at 75 to 100 tons level.

Nataku8188
She loses at Spidey.

jrodslam
No comparison to what storm can generate. Storm has fought people with resistance to he lightning before and overloaded them. Sebastian Shaw for example was hospitalised.

I though Sebastian Shaw only absorbed kinetic energy? Wouldnt that be reason for overload? He doesnt absorb lightning. At least not that i know of. Namor on the other hand does.

Yes i know theres no comparison between emma and namor however my point was that if storm can easily pin emma to a wall with no effort at all. Storm was even cracking jokes for christs sake. Then Pinning namor who is low level class 100 at the most is certainly within her capabilities. Namor on land is the same strength capability as Thing they are both rated as 6's in the strength scale which puts them at 75 to 100 tons level.

Like I stated before, Namor's more agile and more mobile than Emma. It would be way more harder for her to do that against Namor who's many times faster and stronger than Frost.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by life is cruell
I dont think storm is gonna defeat warbird. Before strom can pin her with winds warbird will blind her with an intense flash of light. Also warbird has a degree of resistance to physical and energy attacks and can absord different forms of energy, so lightning wont help storm that much. Warbird has many ways of taking out storm, with different energy attacks or with strength.

Warbird really isnt that durable. She isnt even as durable as her old Ms Marvel self. She rates as 5 which is bullet proof in the marvel ratings as opposed to her Ms Marvel selfs 6 which is superhuman durability. Storm could very well restrain her with winds. In the air storm could turn the sky against her. Lightning isnt storms only weapon. She can thin out the atmosphere making it hard for warbird to breathe and decreasing her fighting efficiency. She could toss warbird about with her winds. I think she would get past her.

GalacticStorm
"I though Sebastian Shaw only absorbed kinetic energy? Wouldnt that be reason for overload? He doesnt absorb lightning. At least not that i know of. Namor on the other hand does."

Nope thats not the only type of energy he absorb. He can absorb electrical energies as well:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=97

"Like I stated before, Namor's more agile and more mobile than Emma. It would be way more harder for her to do that against Namor who's many times faster and stronger than Frost."

Namors not agile enough for it to make a difference. The man can only fly at 60 mph. My pet budgie could give him a run for his money. His aerial speed really is no advantage in a fight with storm. As for his strength he is 6 on the marvel scale. It hasnt been officially stated that hes class 100. Last thing i knew was that he was class 85. That is supported by his rating of 6 in the official marvel ratings which as ive said already is 75 to 100 tons. Storm has easily restrained emma who is a class 50. Restraining Namor is well within her capabilities. Projectiles propelled by her winds are sufficient to fatally wound him. Projectiles propelled by winds have hospitalised collossus who is significantly more durable than namor.

jrodslam
Nope thats not the only type of energy he absorb. He can absorb electrical energies as well:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=97

Absorbing eletrical energies isnt Shaw's primary absorption. Kinetic energy is. Its likely that he doesnt absorb electricity as well as he does kinetic. Absorbing electricity is Namors main and only type of absorption.

Namors not agile enough for it to make a difference. The man can only fly at 60 mph. My pet budgie could give him a run for his money. His aerial speed really is no advantage in a fight with storm. As for his strength he is 6 on the marvel scale. It hasnt been officially stated that hes class 100. Last thing i knew was that he was class 85. That is supported by his rating of 6 in the official marvel ratings which as ive said already is 75 to 100 tons. Storm has easily restrained emma who is a class 50. Restraining Namor is well within her capabilities. Projectiles propelled by her winds are sufficient to fatally wound him. Projectiles propelled by winds have hospitalised collossus who is significantly more durable than namor.

Well on the Marvel scale, Storms speed is the same as Namors which is 3. Thus she cant be that much faster.

What projectiles can Storm propel at Namor that can actually kill him? Who said Colossus was more durable than Namor? Namor can sufvive the pressures of space AND the ocean depths. Colossus cant.

GalacticStorm
"Well on the Marvel scale, Storms speed is the same as Namors which is 3. Thus she cant be that much faster."

The Marvel scale of 3 encompasses normal human speed up to the speed of sound. Previous namor bios state that he can fly at a top speed of 60mph, Storm peaks at the speed of sound. The scale is quite far ranging as youve just found out. Storm is much faster than him. In excess of 10 times in fact.

"What projectiles can Storm propel at Namor that can actually kill him? Who said Colossus was more durable than Namor? Namor can sufvive the pressures of space AND the ocean depths. Colossus cant."

Any sharp metal or similarly dense pointed object propelled at him with her winds could easily pierce his flesh. A blunt object propelled by her winds would knock him out. Collossus is more durable than Thing, Thing has the edge over Namor in those terms.

Known superhuman powers: Namor can lift about 85 tons at peak capacity, although his strength degrades the longer he is out of water, to a minimum of 40 tons. He is an amphibian, and breathes water and air with equal facility. Namor also can fly for several hours at peak speeds of 60 mph before tiring. In addition, he possesses limited invulnerability.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=493

kgkg
"Well on the Marvel scale, Storms speed is the same as Namors which is 3. Thus she cant be that much faster."

The Marvel scale of 3 encompasses normal human speed up to the speed of sound. Previous namor bios state that he can fly at a top speed of 60mph, Storm peaks at the speed of sound. The scale is quite far ranging as youve just found out. Storm is much faster than him. In excess of 10 times in fact.

"What projectiles can Storm propel at Namor that can actually kill him? Who said Colossus was more durable than Namor? Namor can sufvive the pressures of space AND the ocean depths. Colossus cant."

Any sharp metal or similarly dense pointed object propelled at him with her winds could easily pierce his flesh. A blunt object propelled by her winds would knock him out. Collossus is more durable than Thing, Thing has the edge over Namor in those terms.

Known superhuman powers: Namor can lift about 85 tons at peak capacity, although his strength degrades the longer he is out of water, to a minimum of 40 tons. He is an amphibian, and breathes water and air with equal facility. Namor also can fly for several hours at peak speeds of 60 mph before tiring. In addition, he possesses limited invulnerability.

Namor can take Strom 85 tons? no he can do a lot more

jrodslam

Is that an assumption GS? Who said Storn could fly around the speed of sound? Marveldirctory say her speed is sub-sonic. Meaning anything below the speed of sound.

Namor is more durable than Thing as well. Thing has a durability edge over Namor? No way. Abomination couldnt even survive the depths of the pacific. His durability is better than that of Colossus and Thing with the inclusion of his healing factor . Namors durability is better than them all.

kgkg
Is that an assumption GS? Who said Storn could fly around the speed of sound? Marveldirctory say her speed is sub-sonic. Meaning anything below the speed of sound.

Namor is more durable than Thing as well. Thing has a durability edge over Namor? No way. Abomination couldnt even survive the depths of the pacific. His durability is better than that of Colossus and Thing with the inclusion of his healing factor . Namors durability is better than them all.
exactly

Sentry
I agree with Nataku. Spiderman stops her.

GalacticStorm
"Is that an assumption GS? Who said Storn could fly around the speed of sound? Marveldirctory say her speed is sub-sonic. Meaning anything below the speed of sound."

The fastest wind speeds peak a around 350 mph. In uncanny xmen storm has as the caption stated bent the rules of nature to make intercontinental trips in a matter of mins. She basically flew across the U.S in a matter of mins by warping weather systems and summoning a jet stream. I'll find the issue of uncanny xmen for you and provide a scan.

The abominations durability being greater than that of collossus is questionable. His skin cant withstand as much pressure or impact without piercing or lacerating but his healing factor makes up for it. In a battle which took place in the sewers when abomination was residing there he was harmed by a small fire projectile to the face courtesy of angel i believe. It messed up his face real bad but then he healed up soon after. Similar thing with the hulk. In a battle with hulk wolverine has sliced up hulk pretty bad. Wolverine states in a thought bubble that he'd always thought hulk was virtually invulnerable but that was wrong. His healing factor just made it seem so. Wolverine has sliced collossus with his claws before when collossus became proletariat in arcades murder world( this would have been in uncanny xmen 130 something) and there was barely a scratch just a little spark.

As you can see the bio states that namors durabilty is limited. He would get knocked out by a blunt object propelled by storms winds. A sharp object would pierce his flesh just like has been the case with collossus.

kgkg
Originally posted by Sentry
I agree with Nataku. Spiderman stops her. who knows lol Spiderman has done amazing stuff in the past.

GalacticStorm
I agree with Nataku. Spiderman stops her.

In an all out battle with everyone fighting to there fullest. Spidey would be the least of storms problems. He would need buildings to even stand a chance and even then she could just topple them. Spideys fast an agile but he obviously cant cover an area as fast as she can. Also storms powers are long range and she would influence the whole battle arena. She would bring the skies against him. He could win in an enclosed environment but very unlikely he would win outside.

jrodslam
Hulk and Abominations skin being pierced is ligical. That doesnt take anything away from their durability.

Juggernaut probably has one of the best, if not the best Durability in Marvel. Yet he had all of his skin burned off.

Comics arent going to have Colossus take a penetrated slash from Wolverine because he doesnt have a healing factor. Thats what makes him different.

Previous encounter with Wolverine had Namor take multiple slashes with no effect at all but a ripped shirt. Now writers have Namor out of the fight with 1 stab. Namor has been shoen to take bullets and explosions. Depths of space and water? Colossus, Thing, Abomination just cant take that kinda pressure. Thats the ultimate test of durability.

Storm must have to move the objects pretty fast and heavy to knock Namor out. All this without exerting herself ofcourse.

I would like to see those scans too. big grin

Sentry

Juggernaut probably has one of the best, if not the best Durability in Marvel. Yet he had all of his skin burned off.

Just letting you know Juggs battled a God Like D'Spayre, and he psionically ripped the skin and armor off Juggs. But it didn't stop him. He healed up after the battle pretty good. By far one of Juggs greatest battles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/OneShot2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/OneShot1.jpg

I'm just saying that Storm cannot guarantee a 100 percent win against Spiderman. He has accomplished amazing things in the past cough"beating Firelord"cough...

jrodslam
I'm just saying that Storm cannot guarantee a 100 percent win against Spiderman. He has accomplished amazing things in the past cough"beating Firelord"cough...

Ouch. Low blow. no

FieryBalrog
Lol. Youre right. So what are the rules Stormfront?

Namor has always been able to absorb and re-direct lightning. Its his electric eel ability. Wasp has tried to eletricute him as well as Doom with 10,000+ volts.

Ok so Storm blows Namor miles away. He comes back. Emma is cl 50 in diamond form. Namor is cl 100+ and is more agile and mobile than both Emma and Hulk. It woudlnt be the same outcome.

lightning can be several hundred million volts, so I wouldnt count Storm out wink

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/lightning2.html

The amount of energy released in even a small storm is really staggering. A large storm releases hundreds of hydrogen bombs worth of energy.

DarkCrawler

Look, Marvel Directory is outdated. Namor has lifted submarines and oil tankers that have weighed more then 100 tons before. He can also fly faster then 60 mph (Keeping up with Human Torch who flies 140 mph) I am sure that Storms winds could not easily dodge multiple trucks thrown at him.

Swanky-Tuna
Actually, I think D'Spayre was tapped into Juggernaut's "magic feed" and used it to magically remove the flesh.

Sentry
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Actually, I think D'Spayre was tapped into Juggernaut's "magic feed" and used it to magically remove the flesh.

oops my bad. I thought it was some kind of psionic/telekinetic power.

LeAtHerRFace
she wouldnt get past Wovly

DarkCrawler
Yes she would...

jinzin
tornados alone take out half the people on this list...tsunami's take out the rest.....human torch and iceman are the real threats here..not wolverine and spiderman....roll eyes (sarcastic)

stormlover
i think storm has a fair chance against all of them.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Look, Marvel Directory is outdated. Namor has lifted submarines and oil tankers that have weighed more then 100 tons before. He can also fly faster then 60 mph (Keeping up with Human Torch who flies 140 mph) I am sure that Storms winds could not easily dodge multiple trucks thrown at him.

Outdated for characters who are featured regularly in comics and have changes to their abilities. For example it would be outdated for the likes of she-hulk and and emma frost and so on. Who have their own very recent comic series or are a part of a current or recent series. Namor is not in either of those situations. Just because he has kept up with Human Torch doesnt mean that he can fly at faster than the stated 60 mph. Who is to say HT was flying at his max speed? Thats doubtful that would be the case especially for the duration of a fight and especially if they were fighting in a city. It has yet to be officially stated that Namor can lift in excess of the 85 tons he is known for. Until that is the case you just have to accept it. If he lifted the oil tanker while in the water then it was probably the buoyancy which aided him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by jinzin
tornados alone take out half the people on this list...tsunami's take out the rest.....human torch and iceman are the real threats here..not wolverine and spiderman....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed. Good to know theres other level headed posters out there.

stormfront13
well considering she has blown out human torch with no effort twice imo he won't be a problem. spidey can't dodge air, so storm just electrifies the air around him to take him out. namor would be a little hard but she can pul it off.

stormfront13
this might sound stupid, but does namor have to breath to survive?

Swanky-Tuna
Pffft... I could run this Marvel gauntlet.

stormfront13
well i did it really late, so who would you choose?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
well i did it really late, so who would you choose?
Ten Thanoses! That's a gauntlet with some chest hair.

DarkCrawler
this might sound stupid, but does namor have to breath to survive?

Well, he can live underwater, but he needs oxygen...but I think he can hold his breath long enough to take out Storm.

stormfront13
then she suffocates him as she did to magneto, the only reason she didn't finish the job was because he was attacking her with colossus, and she didn't want to kill him

DarkCrawler
Outdated for characters who are featured regularly in comics and have changes to their abilities. For example it would be outdated for the likes of she-hulk and and emma frost and so on. Who have their own very recent comic series or are a part of a current or recent series. Namor is not in either of those situations. Just because he has kept up with Human Torch doesnt mean that he can fly at faster than the stated 60 mph. Who is to say HT was flying at his max speed? Thats doubtful that would be the case especially for the duration of a fight and especially if they were fighting in a city. It has yet to be officially stated that Namor can lift in excess of the 85 tons he is known for. Until that is the case you just have to accept it. If he lifted the oil tanker while in the water then it was probably the buoyancy which aided him.

The tankers and submarines would still probably weigh more then 100 tons, even if they were on the water.

GalacticStorm
Well, he can live underwater, but he needs oxygen...but I think he can hold his breath long enough to take out Storm.

Hes not fast enough to attack storm before she restrains him and takes him out. 60 mph is poor. Namors strong and all but hes officially in the 75 tons to 100 tons range, with most previous bios putting him at class 85. Meaning that at a push when enraged he could possibly lift 100 tons under optimal conditions. Namor is not class 100. He has limited durability and can be taken out by storm. Hes no match for her in the air.

DarkCrawler
Namor feats:

I still believe that Namor wins.

He can survive in enormous waves on the sea and walk in the bottom of under the miles of water. And, him being in the Class 100 category, I don't see winds pinning him down. Electrity doesn't affect him. I don't think that any objects that Storm can throw at him will pierce him.

I think he will reach Storm and then kill him. Especially when he is pissed off.

jrodslam
I dont see any attack that Storn can do thats gonna beat Namor. Your best arguement was throw heavy piercing objects at him? Like Namor wond be able to dodge them? How long can Storn even do all that without exhausting herself?

And doesnt she still have that claustraphobia problem? Another thing i notice with storm is that she cant absorb lightning. She is indeed affected by it. Most likely she wont know about Namors ability to absorb lightning. Once she shoots it and its re-directed shes gets k.o'd.

Someone mentioned Torch's flight speed at around 150 and Namor kept up with him. You stated that Torch probably wasnt flying at top speed. But then again you say, Storm held down Emma Frost who is cl 50 in doamond form. How do you know that Emma was using her top strength?

If you say Torch wasnt flying at top speeds, then I could easily say that Emma wasnt fighting at 50 cl.

We dont even know Storms flight speed. When you say she flew over 300 mph, that could have been in under optimal conditioins as well.

stormfront13
flying 300, isn't much of a feat at all for storm lol. anybody that knows storm, and knows about the weather would know that the weather by itself can easily go over 300 mph. storm has traveled the entire us in minutes, and has easily gone mach 3 before. and namor needs to breath, so she suffocates him. and storm is almost immune to the affects of the weather, and that includes electricity

DarkCrawler
flying 300, isn't much of a feat at all for storm lol. anybody that knows storm, and knows about the weather would know that the weather by itself can easily go over 300 mph. storm has traveled the entire us in minutes, and has easily gone mach 3 before. and namor needs to breath, so she suffocates him. and storm is almost immune to the affects of the weather, and that includes electricity

Namor is strong enough to hold his breath and survive, even if she triess to suffocate him. And how does she do this suffocating?

GalacticStorm
Namor feats:

I still believe that Namor wins.

He can survive in enormous waves on the sea and walk in the bottom of under the miles of water. And, him being in the Class 100 category, I don't see winds pinning him down. Electrity doesn't affect him. I don't think that any objects that Storm can throw at him will pierce him.

I think he will reach Storm and then kill him. Especially when he is pissed off.

Yet Namor is still only a 6 in the official marvel ratings. He can lift 100 tons under optimal conditions and when enraged. That post hasnt really changed anything. All of those lifting feats were aided by buoyancy. The hulk would struggle to do those feats if they were on dry land. Namor is nowhere near an angry hulks strength. He has only defeated him in his element. Thing and Namor are known to be equals in terms of strength. Thing like Namor is still class 85. Thats not debatable. Namors durability is classed as limited superhuman durability. The fact that he can withstand ocean depths is more to do with his amphibian physiology than his durability. Theres fish who can withstand ocean depths whereas a elephants body probably wouldnt be able to ake it becase it isnt made for thatenvironment, yet you wouldnt say a fish is more durable than an elephant would you. You wouldnt say your average fish is more durable than just a human would you? A human would get crushed by the ocean depths.

In hurricane force winds as is common knowledge (and as has been presesnted on these forums in arguments many a time) straw and grass can penetrate concrete. Riptides projectiles propelled by strong winds piereced collossus' armour and left him hospitalised. Storms winds which are far stronger than riptides could not only restrain namor, but could propel things with enough force to pierce namors flesh. A blunt object propelled by hurricane force winds would knock him out.

stormfront13
she creates a vaccum or something idk excatley, but she managed to do it to magneto while he was attacking her with his powers as well as avoiding colossus who was being used as a battering ram by magneto. she has also done it to phoenix a while back. yeah, he won't be able to fight his best w/out being able to breath

DarkCrawler
And Namor has also fought Thor who is GOD of storms. He has also took on Avengers and defeated Hulk with pure physical force.

jrodslam
Namor also has a type of war cry. He screams and it is soo high pitched, that its like a dagger in the brain which causes severe headaches and ears to bleed.

Namor the Sub-Mariner Vol.1 #30.

Namor can also hold his breath for long periods of time.

stormfront13
and your point would be? you can't say that because he fought thor that he would win against storm because they both fight differently, and are different people. also can namor stand up to the power of the sun?(gene nation VS storm # 2, storm was able to cast down the sun in rays)

GalacticStorm
Namors only way of getting to storm is through the air. In the air he can travel at only 60mph. He is no match for storm in the air, knowing of his superhuman strength and aggressive tendencies, storm would and could turn the skies against him and restrain him. With ease storm has restrained emma in her class 50 diamond form and threatened to shatter with a metal pole propelled by her winds. Namor at a push and under optimal conditions can press nearly 100 tons, however generally he is class 85. Restraining him with winds is well within storms capabilities is she can retrain a class 50 with no effort at all. A projectile depending on it being sharp or blunt will either pierce namores flesh or knock him out. Namor would not be allowed the oppurtunity of getting close to storm. He wouldnt be fast enough also. Storm would take him down. Against storm, Rogue would be more of a challenge.

stormfront13
storm is able to do something to the air that lets no sound in(storm the arena). and yeah namor knocked the hulk unconsious, but storm killed the hulk(cable # 34 i think)

GalacticStorm
And Namor has also fought Thor who is GOD of storms. He has also took on Avengers and defeated Hulk with pure physical force.

But Thor relies more on his physical prowess than his control over the storm when in battle. Controlling the weather is storms primary ability and the one she focuses on. Thor never uses his weather powers in the same ways as storm. He certainly never used winds to try and restrain him, or created a vacuum to make it hard for him to breathe.

stormfront13
imo she definitley stands a very good chance of getting to scarlet witch, but there she loses

GalacticStorm
Namor also has a type of war cry. He screams and it is soo high pitched, that its like a dagger in the brain which causes severe headaches and ears to bleed.

Namor the Sub-Mariner Vol.1 #30.

Namor can also hold his breath for long periods of time.

Thats with no interference. If being attacked, and if he is therefore either fighting back or he is flying away on the defensive then the time he could do that would be dramatically reduced.

stormfront13
another excellent point galactic lol

stormfront13
the only real problem i see on that list is iceman and scarlet witch, but iceman is so stupid that storm could find a way to defeat him

GalacticStorm
Yeah i think storm would get to iceman. The only person who give her any real trouble if fighting to the best of her ability would be the human torch and even then i think she would defeat him. She has a ariety of weapons at her disposal to win.

stormfront13
well, with no effort at all she has blown him out, and the one time they fought she dropped a building on him lol

DarkCrawler

jrodslam
Namors only way of getting to storm is through the air. In the air he can travel at only 60mph.

He had no problem keeping up with Tuman Torch who flies well over 60 mph.

With ease storm has restrained emma in her class 50 diamond form and threatened to shatter with a metal pole propelled by her winds.

We dont even know if Emma was exerting the full 50 class stength.

A projectile depending on it being sharp or blunt will either pierce namores flesh or knock him out.

It will take more of an effort for Storm to keep propelling heavy projectiles at Namor. With his agility and mobility, hed be able to dodge them. He was once able to dodge an array of M-16's and AK-47 shots being fired at him with ease. Thats well over 60 mph

stormfront13
storm dropped a building on human torch with no effort, it won't take much effort to keep throwing objexts at him. and it is said that emma is class 70, not 50, so she held a class 70 person with no effort at all. yeah not be able to dodge a bus thrown at her? a bus will be easy for storm to dodge, and where excatley is he finding all these busses?

DarkCrawler
From the streets, maybe?

You neveer stated the place where they were fighting, so I assumed that they fight in NY. Especially with Spider-Man being in the lineup. It would be pointless having him in here without buildings.

stormfront13
and regular hurricane(around 300 mph) speeds can send grass into concrete, storm can go faster than mach 3, what do you think bigger objects traveliing at that speed will do?

DarkCrawler
storm dropped a building on human torch with no effort, it won't take much effort to keep throwing objexts at him. and it is said that emma is class 70, not 50, so she held a class 70 person with no effort at all. yeah not be able to dodge a bus thrown at her? a bus will be easy for storm to dodge, and where excatley is he finding all these busses?

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/storm53.jpg

(Doesn't look like full strenght there)

stormfront13
i live in new york, at most there is about 2 or 3 busses on the streets at once, he would have to go searching to find multiple busses, which will be a difficult task considering he can't breath

DarkCrawler
and regular hurricane(around 300 mph) speeds can send grass into concrete, storm can go faster than mach 3, what do you think bigger objects traveliing at that speed will do?

Nothing, since Namor can grab them from the air and throw them back...or just dodge them.

Namor has been flying for 85 years, he has better skill in it then Storm has.

stormfront13
look at the second and third panel, she is struggling to move

DarkCrawler
look at the second and third panel, she is struggling to move

She is laughing. Not struggling.

stormfront13
laughing? no, no, no she is trying to move, but when struck by a stonr says HA to mock storm. kinda like implying, ha, you couldn't hurt me

DarkCrawler
Did the official Marvel handbook say that Emma is class 70?

stormfront13
yeah i believe so, or somwhere she is classified as class 7 out of 10, can't remember but the stats were true

DarkCrawler
The site lists Emma as 5. It an be anywhere from 25 to 75 tonnes in strenght class.

stormfront13
which site

DarkCrawler
The Official Marvel Site.

stormfront13
well i'm pretty sure that it is 70 tons, i think draco said she was also

DarkCrawler
Well, I don't think that she has done anything in the comics that would qualify her in 70 tons...

stormfront13
has she ever tried? she isn't the type of person who would willinglly fight hand-to-hand. and she is only 70 tons in diamond form, most of the time she isn'tin diamond form

stormlover
the only real problem i see on that list is iceman and scarlet witch, but iceman is so stupid that storm could find a way to defeat him
she can just increase the temperature.

DarkCrawler
And Iceman can lower it. And he can excist as vater vapor and use his powers as it.

stormlover
Yeah i think storm would get to iceman. The only person who give her any real trouble if fighting to the best of her ability would be the human torch and even then i think she would defeat him. She has a ariety of weapons at her disposal to win.
she can dowse him with monsoon rains and winds.

stormfront13
yeah but he can turn into water vapor, which she could freeze, wait............could that actually work, freezing him while he is water vapor? or would that just help him

stormlover
And Iceman can lower it. And he can excist as vater vapor and use his powers as it.
true

stormlover
yeah but he can turn into water vapor, which she could freeze, wait............could that actually work, freezing him while he is water vapor? or would that just help him
she can always trick him by telling him that she doesn't want to fight him and a whole bunch of other friendly stuff so that he would turn into his human form. and then she could strike him down with a heck of a lot of lightning bolts while his back is turned. and then she can put his passed out body in the danger room, fry its circuits, and make it look like an accident that occured while he was doing a simulation in the danger room. then she can run to her attic loft and take a shower, making it look as though she were there the entire time the accident happened. and professor and jean wouldn't probe her mind because they would believe her.angel_not

stormfront13
well he can't really tuen back into human form anymore

DarkCrawler
The Official Handbook doesn't state her correct strength.
http://img206.echo.cx/img206/3545/page0100kn.th.jpg

stormlover
i think that would help him, but she could evaporate him and then condensating and precipitating him would disorientate him so that he couldn't fight her.
THE WATER CYCLE
THE MORE YOU KNOW big grin

stormlover
well he can't really tuen back into human form anymore
OH embarrasment

stormfront13
lol, idk she stands a very god chance at beating him

stormlover
lol, idk she stands a very god chance at beating him
Amen brother cool

stormfront13
what do you mean? ur confusing me. it says there that it is class 5, but you said yourself that class 5 is anywhere from 25-75 tons.

^^darkcrawler

stormlover
is anyone there

stormfront13
yeah we're here

stormlover
there you are

stormlover
where did darkcrawler go

stormlover
we made it to six pages

black robb
Originally posted by stormlover
where did darkcrawler go i killed him...

stormlover
Originally posted by black robb
i killed him...
laughing you are funny. you were joking right?homer

stormlover
right?

stormlover
hello

stormlover
?

black robb
? his organs were delicious... evil face

Nataku8188
In an all out battle with everyone fighting to there fullest. Spidey would be the least of storms problems. He would need buildings to even stand a chance and even then she could just topple them. Spideys fast an agile but he obviously cant cover an area as fast as she can. Also storms powers are long range and she would influence the whole battle arena. She would bring the skies against him. He could win in an enclosed environment but very unlikely he would win outside.

Bring back the Spidey vs storm thread if you really want to know why he'll win.

I've posted all the facts that show that her ONLY effective weapon is going to be dropping the temperature to an unliveable amount.

life is cruell
Warbird really isnt that durable. She isnt even as durable as her old Ms Marvel self. She rates as 5 which is bullet proof in the marvel ratings as opposed to her Ms Marvel selfs 6 which is superhuman durability. Storm could very well restrain her with winds. In the air storm could turn the sky against her. Lightning isnt storms only weapon. She can thin out the atmosphere making it hard for warbird to breathe and decreasing her fighting efficiency. She could toss warbird about with her winds. I think she would get past her.

I've done a little research on warbird and learned that shes actually a pretty cool character. I'll post a little information on how she is going to defeat storm.

Depleted Binary Powers-
Carol has not merely reverted to her Ms. Marvel powers. Instead, she employs the same powers she possessed as Binary but at much lower power levels. It is possible that Carol may still be able to attain the power levels she once possessed under times of extreme stress or through an extreme feat of willpower.

Flight-
Following her drop in power levels, Carol's flight speed has leveled out at around the sound barrier. Carol has years of experience flying and is highly agile and maneuverable. Carol may still be able to survive in the vacuum of space as a remnant of her interstellar abilities as Binary.

Super-Strength-
Carol possesses a "base" strength level which gives her the ability to lift approximately 50 tons. Carol can easily lift and throw cars and even tanks and has enough strength to shatter reinforced concrete or tear open five-inch steel. Carol's strength can now be augmented considerably through the absorption of additional energy.

Invulnerability-
Carol possesses a substantial degree of invulnerability. She can withstand most standard issue weaponry. Her body is tough enough to withstand machine gun fire, mortar shells and most standard energy weaponry. She has endured punches from much stronger adversaries such as Hyperion of the Squadron Supreme, though continued battle with him would definitely harm her eventually.

Energy Absorption/Manipulation-
As Warbird, she has the ability to generate blasts of "photonic" energy. Her base-level energy blasts are equivalent to those used by Iron Man.
In addition, Warbird is able to absorb energy in a manner similar to when she was linked to the power of a "white hole." She has also absorbed electricity and other forms of energy. By absorbing large amounts of energy, Warbird can increase her strength, flight speed and invulnerability, as well as the intensity of her own energy attacks.

Cosmic Awareness-
As Binary, Carol was in tune with the universe, possessing a cosmic awareness comparable to that of the Silver Surfer. Carol could retain that awareness at a much lower level. She may still be able to "see" energy patterns and might have an awareness of any major disruptions or changes in the cosmos.

black robb
In an all out battle with everyone fighting to there fullest. Spidey would be the least of storms problems. He would need buildings to even stand a chance and even then she could just topple them. Spideys fast an agile but he obviously cant cover an area as fast as she can. Also storms powers are long range and she would influence the whole battle arena. She would bring the skies against him. He could win in an enclosed environment but very unlikely he would win outside. Spiderman doesnt give Storm a problem? In a regular fight,Spidey should be able to get on Storm in a couple seconds. If she gets air then he can intercept her and if she shoots an lightning bolt,Spidey's been able to dodge Electro's which i assume are faster than Storm's

stormlover
Spiderman doesnt give Storm a problem? In a regular fight,Spidey should be able to get on Storm in a couple seconds. If she gets air then he can intercept her and if she shoots an lightning bolt,Spidey's been able to dodge Electro's which i assume are faster than Storm's
storm could fly high in the sky, spiderman can jump up and grab on to her( while attacking her). keep in mind that he is in mid-air with her. how can he dodge her lightning if she summons it to her body and it electricutes him?

stormlover
the itsy bitsy spider jumped up to battle storm
down came the rain and broke his sticky arm
down came the tornados and sucked up all the rain
and the itsy bitsy spider did not get up again

black robb
storm could fly high in the sky, spiderman can jump up and grab on to her( while attacking her). keep in mind that he is in mid-air with her. how can he dodge her lightning if she summons it to her body and it electricutes him? wouldnt that kill her,since she isnt immune to lightning

life is cruell
There was more info abotu warbird but that would make it longer than it already was and I only mentioned the vital information. If storm makes it to warbird shes going down. I think someone said that Rogue would have a better shot at beating storm than namor, well warbird is rogue + energy absorbtion/manipulation. Warbird is faster than storm since she can reach the sound barrier. She is obviosly stronger and more durable. If storm hits her with lightning then warbird will absorb it like she has absorbed electricity in the past and use it to increase her strength. Im not sure that storm will be able to pin her with winds immediatly since she is class 50 and can fly so fast, maybe after concentrating she could but war bird wont let her concentrate; she would constantly project phontonic energy or use light to blind her. Storm will constantly be dodging her energy attacks and whatever else warbird physically throws at her.

black robb
storm could fly high in the sky, spiderman can jump up and grab on to her( while attacking her). keep in mind that he is in mid-air with her. how can he dodge her lightning if she summons it to her body and it electricutes him? if he got that far,she'd be done for anyway(being that this is a deathmatch)she cant maneuver well enough to have the advantage

KharmaDog
you all knew it was bound to happen with me here, so how does she fare against these people. after each fight she is all healed and rejuvinated.

1)jubilee(warm up)

2)wolverine

3)spider-man

4)human torch

5)warbird

6)the wasp

7)the thing

8)namor

9)iceman

10) scarlet witch

^^how far does she get

Were the majority of these characters picked because someone thought that it might give someone's favorite character an easier time?

That said, I think spidey has the brains to beat storm given the proper conditions.

I don't know enough about Wasp to comment.

Torch and Warbird can definitely take out storm, as can Namor, Iceman and the scarlett witch.

stormlover
she's used herself as a lightning rod before

Dizzle
She's not immune to lightning, that would kill her too. And Spidey's at class 10, if he gets a hold of her, summoning lightning won't do crap. Hell, if he gets within 10 feet of her, lightning won't do crap. If she goes above his reachable height, he can use webbing. It's all electrically resistant cuz of Electro. He could also throw stuff, 10 tons is a lot. Spidey could also dodge lightning for quite a while... Oh, and a good version of Iceman would beat the crap out of Storm.

stormlover
she could always hold off the fight and go to jean and ask her to find out spiderman's true identity. then she could go to the daily bugle and apply for a job, find peter parker and make friends with him and then while he least expects it..........( read next post for the rest)

GalacticStorm

stormlover
........she would kick him in the crouch( which is extremely painful) so that he can't focus enough to use his spider sense and then then she can summon the full force of heaven to kill him all at once( sleet, snow, arctic winds, monsoons, hail the size of soccer balls, emence bolts of lightning, extreme heat, extreme cold, tornados, and a hurricane to top it all off).

black robb
........she would kick him in the crouch( which is extremely painful) so that he can't focus enough to use his spider sense and then then she can summon the full force of heaven to kill him all at once( sleet, snow, arctic winds, monsoons, hail the size of soccer balls, emence bolts of lightning, extreme heat, extreme cold, tornados, and a hurricane to top it all off). thats cold,everyone knows that his one weakness is his spider testicles

stormlover
thats cold,everyone knows that his one weakness is his spider testicles laughing Happy Dance laughing true

stormlover
i think i will start a thread where people can give scenerios about there favorite character/s. should it be called scenerios or detective stories.
should i even make one at all

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by life is cruell
I've done a little research on warbird and learned that shes actually a pretty cool character. I'll post a little information on how she is going to defeat storm.

Depleted Binary Powers-
Carol has not merely reverted to her Ms. Marvel powers. Instead, she employs the same powers she possessed as Binary but at much lower power levels. It is possible that Carol may still be able to attain the power levels she once possessed under times of extreme stress or through an extreme feat of willpower.

Flight-
Following her drop in power levels, Carol's flight speed has leveled out at around the sound barrier. Carol has years of experience flying and is highly agile and maneuverable. Carol may still be able to survive in the vacuum of space as a remnant of her interstellar abilities as Binary.

Super-Strength-
Carol possesses a "base" strength level which gives her the ability to lift approximately 50 tons. Carol can easily lift and throw cars and even tanks and has enough strength to shatter reinforced concrete or tear open five-inch steel. Carol's strength can now be augmented considerably through the absorption of additional energy.

Invulnerability-
Carol possesses a substantial degree of invulnerability. She can withstand most standard issue weaponry. Her body is tough enough to withstand machine gun fire, mortar shells and most standard energy weaponry. She has endured punches from much stronger adversaries such as Hyperion of the Squadron Supreme, though continued battle with him would definitely harm her eventually.

Energy Absorption/Manipulation-
As Warbird, she has the ability to generate blasts of "photonic" energy. Her base-level energy blasts are equivalent to those used by Iron Man.
In addition, Warbird is able to absorb energy in a manner similar to when she was linked to the power of a "white hole." She has also absorbed electricity and other forms of energy. By absorbing large amounts of energy, Warbird can increase her strength, flight speed and invulnerability, as well as the intensity of her own energy attacks.

Cosmic Awareness-
As Binary, Carol was in tune with the universe, possessing a cosmic awareness comparable to that of the Silver Surfer. Carol could retain that awareness at a much lower level. She may still be able to "see" energy patterns and might have an awareness of any major disruptions or changes in the cosmos.

"Carol has not merely reverted to her Ms. Marvel powers."

Never said she did. It would seem her base durability and strength have taken a dive since even her Ms Marvel days. She is rated as 4 in both these categories while rogue is 5 for both. She isnt quite class class 50. Shes in between 25 tons and 50 tons in lifting capacity. Being tossed about in winds, would hurt her severely and wind propelled projectiles are certainly capable of taking her out.Her durability has gone down from its Ms Marvel rating of superhuman to bulletproof.

"By absorbing large amounts of energy, Warbird can increase her strength, flight speed and invulnerability, as well as the intensity of her own energy attacks."

True. However Storm is well aware of Warbirds abilities. They are friends. She would not be so stupid as to use lightning on her. Fortunately she has other weapons at her disposal.

"She may still be able to "see" energy patterns and might have an awareness of any major disruptions or changes in the cosmos."

Its a possibility but it has yet to be shown clearly in the comics so is merely speculation which has no place in this debate.

stormlover
you're so well educated on the x-men
if there was an exam you would get an A+

GalacticStorm
you're so well educated on the x-men
if there was an exam you would get an A+

Why thank you lil lady/fella lol big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Bring back the Spidey vs storm thread if you really want to know why he'll win.

I've posted all the facts that show that her ONLY effective weapon is going to be dropping the temperature to an unliveable amount.

Nataku dont make me punk u once again. Must u force me to inflict pain and embarassment on fellow posters. eek!

Nataku8188
Nataku dont make me punk u once again. Must u force me to inflict pain and embarassment on fellow posters. eek!

'punk' me? Yeah, you wish.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Nataku8188
'punk' me? Yeah, you wish.

Natty its a regular occurrence mate. Restart the thread and let the schooling commence. big grin

Nataku8188
Too lazy now, will do it later. Just started work again, drained... ugh.

Cosmic Cube
I don't see Ororo getting past Torchie. That list is a little lapsed in power levels.

stormfront13
well yeah it is lapsed cause i was really tired and had to leave and had minimal time, if your open to suggestions then feel free to post them. storm has already beaten torch, and she has snuffed out his flame twice with no effort whatsoever. k, spidey isn't able to dodge the air because it is everywhere, she just electrocutes the air around him, he can't dodge somethiung that is everywhere he goes.

DarkCrawler
what do you mean? ur confusing me. it says there that it is class 5, but you said yourself that class 5 is anywhere from 25-75 tons.

^^darkcrawler

The official Handbook only says that her strength is 5. It never says if it is 70 or 20 or something else. I have the book. So you don't really have an proof that Emma is class 70.

Here is an scan:

http://img206.echo.cx/my.php?image=page0100kn.jpg

DarkCrawler

stormfront13
yeah she is listed at class 5, bt you said that class 5 means anywhere from 20-70 tons. do you have proof that she is only class 50 when it has been mentioned elsewhere that she is above that? once again, storm is able to control the elements of the storm even in space, she isn't limited to only earth. and once again, you described the battle cry as sound, but storm is able to do something to the air that will let no sound near her. yes, a brick traveling at hurricane winds which is around 350, that would have knocked most anybody out. and storm has great aceleration. often when the x-men take off she can keep up at flight speed and beat most of them. even in dire situtation s when they have to hurry, she can keep up with them.

DarkCrawler
I haven't said anything about Emma being class 50. But have said that Emma is class 70, and you haven't said where elsewhere it has been mentioned that she is Class 70...

And Storm being knocked out by brick was to show that she is not that great dodger after all.

And Storm can't move around with her top speed all the time. She has to summon the winds that move her. She has still normal human reactions.

stormfront13
k, it was mentioned on marvel.com a while ago. storm wasn't focused on the brick, and didn't know it was coming at her(from what i have been told and seen). and namors wind-speed is 60, where storm goes 60 for fun. she doesn't have to go her top speed to avoid namor

DarkCrawler
No, but how fast do you think that things thrown by Class 100 character go?

K3VIL

1)jubilee(warm up)

2)wolverine

3)spider-man

4)human torch

5)warbird

6)the wasp

7)the thing

8)namor

9)iceman

10) scarlet witch

^^how far does she get
Jubilee is a non factor.
If Logan is being hunted from Storm in a jungle or forest I give it to Logan.
Torch will stop her anyway.

stormfront13
i thought he was just 85 and 100 under optimal conditions. if this is true which even galactic said it was then they won't be going fast enough to hit storm. she has trained in the danger room over half her life with these types of things. it if very highly doubtful he hits her. how good is namors resistance to cold?

DarkCrawler
He swims in the arctic waters very often...it is very good.

And he can lift 100 tons easily if he has just come out from water...how is it in this fight?

And the record in throwing baseballs is about 100 mph. Let's assume that the pitcher is peak human strenght. That would be between 800/1000 pounds. Even if Namor would be able to lift 85 tonnes, that would be approximately 90 times better then the throwing speed of the best pitcher of the world. That would make him throw the baseball in 9000 miles per hour. Now let's say that Namor grabs an car. Throws it at Storm. The car weighs one ton. Namor would be able to throw it at about 1000-3000 miles per hour.

The best Storm can move is 300-400 miles per hour. Can Storm dodge it?

No.

K3VIL
i thought he was just 85 and 100 under optimal conditions. if this is true which even galactic said it was then they won't be going fast enough to hit storm. she has trained in the danger room over half her life with these types of things. it if very highly doubtful he hits her. how good is namors resistance to cold?
Plus Storm's fighting experience vs Namor's?
He fought during WW II and has faced many superpowered beings, he fought Hulk and beat him once, this guy is also a good tactician and a superbe hand to hand fighter, he can speedblitz Storm and K.O. her maybe.

stormfront13
well that's what i thought, but i had to make sure. and k3VIL torch is not stoppin her. it aint happenning, she has snuffed his flame with no effort twice, and beat him when they fought. nothin's stoppin her from electrifing the air around him in a buble-like shape, literally frying him. also one bolt to the head and she can fry all the synapses in his brain to take him out

stormfront13
ha ha ha, speedblitz with a speed of 60 mph. well storm killed the hulk, is also a very good tactician, and has taken down wolverine and sabertooth hand-to-hand. she ain't that bad herself, as any x-men readerr would know.

stormfront13
oh, and darkcrawler i am not rea;;y going to set the rules because everytime i do someone tells me i am making it unfair for the other fighters

stormfront13
also how would namor fare having the sun literally thrown at him(gene nation VS storm # 2)

DarkCrawler
ha ha ha, speedblitz with a speed of 60 mph. well storm killed the hulk, is also a very good tactician, and has taken down wolverine and sabertooth hand-to-hand. she ain't that bad herself, as any x-men readerr would know.

Taken down Wolverine and Sabretooth? Where? I doubt that he is nearly as good. She killed Hulk with electrity. Namor knocked Hulk out with pure strenght.

Which one is more impressive?

Storm has nothing on Namor if it goes on fighting skills. Royal members of Atlantis are probably trained by the best fighters that Atlantis has to offer, as they are very warrior oriented people. Namor has better training and more experience on fighting then Storm has. He would kick Storm's ass if both of the would be stripped off their powers.

DarkCrawler
also how would namor fare having the sun literally thrown at him(gene nation VS storm # 2)

Oh, now Storm can literally move the Sun and throw it at Namor?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>