Why doesnt Dooku in ROTS have "Sith Eyes"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthvader_fan
How is it that Count Dooku in Revenge of the Sith have "evil glowing eyes" like Anakin and the Emporer? is it because he sucks!

Darth_Nefarus
I think it's because he's more committed to his own goals than the Sith goals. Anakin only has them when he's completely filled with the darkside, like when he kills the seperatists or when he screams at Obi-Wan.

darthvader_fan
yea kinda thinkin that to and i think that he sucks on ice too

Darth_Nefarus
He's one of the most badass Jedi of all time dude, he far from sucks. He's just more into his own ideals than serving the darkside.

darthvader_fan
you are so right. I dont like him but he is a good leader of the sepratists until anakin killed him. sliced his head right off. He and Grievous make a good bad ass assassin.

Wickerman
He was:

1. a strategic genius
2. A devious scheming man
3. An excellent user of the force, the only one in the PT AND OT to use lightning other than Sidious
4. An excellent duelist

and a few more

He most definitely didn't suck ass.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
I liked him because he had a lot of style. Archaic fighting style, an arrogance about him, he was a sweet villain as far as I was concerned.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I liked him because he had a lot of style. Archaic fighting style, an arrogance about him, he was a sweet villain as far as I was concerned.

yep. And the reasons i posted earlier +

5. being a racist
6. being arrogant

etc. etc = an excellent tyrant. Which is why the name Darth Tyrannus i think suited him perfectly

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
And his saber hilt was bomb lol

Jerico
His name is stupid though

Wickerman
Originally posted by Jerico
His name is stupid though

I'd say it may sound that way to us. But to the SW Galaxy i bet Luke sounds like a really weird and freaky name.

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
'Dooku' means poison in japanese according to Christopher Lee.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
'Dooku' means poison in japanese according to Christopher Lee.

Didn't know that...hmm...very itneresting. Thanks for the info.

~wickerman~

DiamondBullets
It's true; doku (doe-coo) means poison in Japanese, but I doubt that's where Lucas got the character's name.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
It's true; doku (doe-coo) means poison in Japanese, but I doubt that's where Lucas got the character's name.

Don't doubt it. Don't you know where the name Jedi is from? laughing

~wickerman~

Robin Darkside
Where is the name Jedi from?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
Where is the name Jedi from?

h**p://w*w.jitterbug.com/origins/kurosawa.html

ask and ye shall receive laughing

~wickerman~

Cipher
We never got to see him totally pissed off......

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cipher
We never got to see him totally pissed off......

that's because he does things correctly. Cool and calculating, even though he's evil to the bone. Just like a strategic leader should be.

~wickerman~

PVS
because christopher lee has very sensative eyes, so he was unable to wear the contact lenses

no im kidding....i really dont know
ask george lucas

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by PVS
because christopher lee has very sensative eyes, so he was unable to wear the contact lenses

that actually sounds true

yea right i think that he was just too scared. His lightsaber is very cool though i can admit that

DeVi| D0do
Dooku wasn't evil enough.

Captain REX
Dooku wasn't supposed to be mad, raging evil. He had his own niche carved out among the Sith. Maul and Palpatine were the evil, scary ones, Maul more scary and Palpatine more evil. Vader was tragic, yet powerful.

Dooku was the arrogant, charismatic one.

darthvader_fan
but maybe dooku wasnt evil enough to have the glowing red eyes, maybe palpatine didnt teach dooku enough of the force to do so

Travis Hicks
Because not all Sith Lords have those eyes.

Canadadude
I thought Dooku was one of the best characters in the PT. I thought it was a shame the Lucas did not use him more in the story. I thought they killed him off to quickly. Also seeing Dooku leave the council in TPM would have been cool.

Tangible God
Yeah he died a little too quickly, but to see CHRISTOPHER f*ckin LEE walking off the set in TPM, when nobody is supposed to even know about the character yet would be too much of a giveaway and letdown to fans about GL's penmenship.

mauler
I think Dooku was an old, knowledgeable Jedi Master and he had been corrupted by the power of the dark side but he hadn't experimented the dark side as Maul and Sidious, they seem much more deeply evil.

DarthLazious
I agree Dooku should have had Sith eyes in ROTS.

amity75
I think Lucas has just read this thread and thought "D'oh! Another continuity error! Never mind, I'll correct it when I release the special edition versions of the PT".

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
How is it that Count Dooku in Revenge of the Sith have "evil glowing eyes" like Anakin and the Emporer? is it because he sucks!

Perhaps for the same reason Supreme Chancellor Palpatine a.k.a Sith Lord didn't have Sith eyes until Mace came in.

JenR1215
Becuase he wasnt as RAGED as them 2.... i guess.

stimpsy
Originally posted by amity75
I think Lucas has just read this thread and thought "D'oh! Another continuity error! Never mind, I'll correct it when I release the special edition versions of the PT".

you might be right on!!

DarthLazious
Or when the Ulimate Edition of the Star Wars Saga comes out.

masterkit
i could live without it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.