The Definitive X-Men vs. Avengers (old, pre-disassembled) thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
iight?!!?

basically when it comes to sales, the X-Men have this one by milessss (and not a sign of the avengers in the rearview)

but if it comes down to powers some may say its the Avengers.

so i ask you ladies and gentlemen... to put the time in discussing this battle, power for power, member for member, tactic for tactic

option 1:
-no thor, hulk and hercules
-no Phoenix force (yes jean)
-everybody else allowed

option 2:
-no holds barred, everybody is allowed

pick one...

*and in the voice of that guy from wcw's main event announcer*
"LET'S GET READY TO (VOICE CRACKLING) RUUUUUMMMBBBLLEEE!!!"

long pig
The Pheonix is arguably capable of taking both teams herself. So, it's a non fight with her on it.

So, all the x-men vs all the Avengers minus Thor and Hulk and Herc.

Hm, I'd say the x-men, due to their psi-powers. Prof-X could take a few himself.

Pointinel
stupid question, but

isn't there any way the avengers could prevent jean grey from tapping the PF

if they cant....

HOORAY FOR THE X-MEN!!!!!! WHOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* cross arms to form an "X".... and screams "X fo' life!" *

long pig
Nah, there isn't.
Can the Avengers have Dr.Strange? evil face he hangs with em alot.

Pointinel
no they cant

because i dont know how to defend against you....lol

Swanky-Tuna
What about Scarlet Witch?

Pointinel
pre-disassemble scarlet witch isnt a threat....

rouge takes her out

Crimson Phoenix
Pre dissassembled wanda was still very powerful, especially when she tapped into what she thought was chaos magic. Rogue would have a very hard time with her.

True Sinister
If the Xmen have magneto as xorn he could probably defeat the whole team of avengers

shaolin9976
the avengers will waste no time in defeating the x-men. but then again, that's just my opinion.

Cosmic Flame
The X-Men take it due to their TPs. The Avengers only have Moondragon, right, while the X-Men have Jean, Cable, Rachel, X-Man (all omega TP/TKs), Xavier, Emma, Betsy (depending on what form she's in). How can the Avengers stand up to collective might of the most powerful TPs on the planet?

Sentry
How bout Sersi? She is a powerful telepath. She can also use her psionics to bolster her telepathy to near omnipotent levels. She onced pierced Adam Warlock's impenetrable telepathic shielding around his mind.. Moondragon with the mind gem is also a powerful telepath, they could the block telepathic assaults. Avengers also have Daimon Hellstrom. He was part of the West Coast Avengers. Beings like Thor and Thunderstrike aren't affected by telepathy all that well. Doesn't matter, Moondragon with the mind gem can shield the Avengers from telepaths, while their big guns Thor, Quasar, Wonder Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Photon, Thunderstrike, Hercules, Gilgamesh, etc... Squash the X-men.

GalacticStorm
If Moondragon is going to have the infinity mind gem then surely thats a major disadvantage to the Xteams. That gives her infinite psychic powers within a universe. Without the infinity Gem thats fair.

Cosmic Flame
Did Moondragon have the Mind Gem as an Avenger?

Sentry
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If Moondragon is going to have the infinity mind gem then surely thats a major disadvantage to the Xteams. That gives her infinite psychic powers within a universe. Without the infinity Gem thats fair.

Fine she doesn't need it.

Sersi's there :

http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/SersiProfile.html

So is this guy:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/hellstormdaimon.htm

This guy:

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-gilgamesh.html

Hulk:

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/powersabilities.html

X-men are going to get squashed.

Pointinel
Originally posted by Sentry
Beings like Thor and Thunderstrike aren't affected by telepathy all that well. Doesn't matter, Moondragon with the mind gem can shield the Avengers from telepaths, while their big guns Thor, Quasar, Wonder Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Photon, Thunderstrike, Hercules, Gilgamesh, etc... Squash the X-men.

yo i thought we aint gonna include Thor hulk and herc for the exchange of my precious little phoenix?!

the way i see it going down... charles, jean, cable, rachel, emma frost all stay in one place. theyre being guarded by havok and iceman... and in case of emergency purposes, emma puts a TK bubble. iceman puts a 3 meter thick wall/igloo (like the one from legion quest) to protect the "grestest minds on earth...lol."havok is ready to aim full blast at any sign of breach (if ever), then iceman patches up the wall. the telepaths 1st task would probably be protecting the minds of logan, kurt, bishop and colossus from the opponet TPs. logans team is sent out to take care of this mindgem. cyclops directs the others in this battle... assigning northstar to retrieve inorganic materials (i.e. playing cards) so gambit would have infinite amunition then send him to phase kitty directly through Iron Man thus disabling him. Next Stop is kurt teleporting rougue behind wonder man and absorbing his powers.

then beast being strategically placed on the avengers team, goes to talk to cap about what their strategy is gonna be, goes behind him.. then breaks his neck off. the other avenger's mightve seen this therefore killing beast. But hey, at least cap is dead + i never really liked beast anyway.

there

way it goes down, the avengers aint that tough after all

GalacticStorm
"Fine she doesn't need it.

Sersi's there :"

With Xavier and Jean you have the 1st and 2nd most powerful telepaths on earth. Thats fact in Marvel comics. Sersi doesnt even get a mention. Shes negligible. Then you have Cable and Rachel and Emma Frost. The Xmen have more psychic might than any other team on earth. They have the most powerful telepaths on the planet in their ranks. Sersi isnt even in the top 5. Not debatable.

"Resistance to Mind Control
The Hulk has always shown an ability to resist mind control. This is probably due to the fact that there are multiple personalities residing in the Hulk's mind and a person can not control all of them at once as they offer resistance."

A resistance to mind control doesnt equal immunity to mind control. Case in point Onslaught. Onslaught using Xaviers powers made Hulk his b*tch. Xavier could very well repeat that feat.

"X-men are going to get squashed."

As stated by the thread maker if theavengers have hulk, thor and herc then the Xmen have phoenix. We all know who would win that particular battle. Therefore those people arent even on the roster. Lets debate with that in mind.

Sentry
Originally posted by Pointinel
yo i thought we aint gonna include Thor hulk and herc for the exchange of my precious little phoenix?!

the way i see it going down... charles, jean, cable, rachel, emma frost all stay in one place. theyre being guarded by havok and iceman... and in case of emergency purposes, emma puts a TK bubble. iceman puts a 3 meter thick wall/igloo (like the one from legion quest) to protect the "grestest minds on earth...lol."havok is ready to aim full blast at any sign of breach (if ever), then iceman patches up the wall. the telepaths 1st task would probably be protecting the minds of logan, kurt, bishop and colossus from the opponet TPs. logans team is sent out to take care of this mindgem. cyclops directs the others in this battle... assigning northstar to retrieve inorganic materials (i.e. playing cards) so gambit would have infinite amunition then send him to phase kitty directly through Iron Man thus disabling him. Next Stop is kurt teleporting rougue behind wonder man and absorbing his powers.

then beast being strategically placed on the avengers team, goes to talk to cap about what their strategy is gonna be, goes behind him.. then breaks his neck off. the other avenger's mightve seen this therefore killing beast. But hey, at least cap is dead + i never really liked beast anyway.

there

way it goes down, the avengers aint that tough after all

Oops I didn't read the thread good. reading

You still got Thunderstrike, Sersi, Gilgamesh, Wonder Man, Warbird, Moondragon(sans gem), She-Hulk, Jack Of Hearts, Photon, Living Lightning, Iron Man, Quasar, Scarlet Witch, Crystal, etc... X-men are getting squashed.

GalacticStorm
The Xmen have Prof X, Cable, Rachel Summers, Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor, White Queen, Psylocke, Magneto, Joseph, Polaris, Storm, Xorn, SunFire, Thunderbird 2, Classic Rogue, Collossus, Juggernaut, Iceman, Northstar, Forge, Bishop, Sage, LifeGuard, DarkStar, Magik,

Pointinel
up this shit

help me get a platinum thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pointinel
HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU GOING TO HELP ME GET PLATINUM STATUS OR WHAT???

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Pointinel
emma puts a TK bubble.

Emma...?

Piedmon
The Avengers don't need Hulk, Iron-Man, or Thor.

Hercules, Photon/Captain Marvel, Vision, Gilgamesh, Warbird, Moondragon, let's not forget Mantis the freakin' CELESTIAL MADONNA...

There's a reason they're "Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

long pig
You didn't say nothing about Mantis and Captain Marvel..... evil face Dead mutie scum everywhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.