Namor VS. Captain Marvel(DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Namor is wicked strong, and if written right, he's around the class
200,000 ton range. Maybe more. This is a straight up brawl. No flying. No speed blitzing. Just a straight up fist fight.

Namor(fresh out of water/He's been in the water for weeks)

VS.

Captain Marvel(DC)

Who takes it?

Debate.

DarkCrawler
Namor might take it. He is more experienced, more ruthless, more skilled, and near as strong. I think he takes it.

Sentry
Namor kicks a$$. I'm gonna say Namor as well.

DarkCrawler
He sure does. He is the first Marvel mutant (And perhaps the first character) ever.

Sentry
UP

Sentry
up

jrodslam
If CM doesnt combine powers, then Namor beats him. If so, Namor looses.

Cosmic Cube
Did anyone know that Namor can actually turn himself into water?!

I just learned this.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Did anyone know that Namor can actually turn himself into water?!

I just learned this.

No he cant. Dont start rumors. Not with Namor.

Sentry
This is a brawl. Fist fight. To make it fair. I think Namor can take him in these situations.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jrodslam
No he cant. Dont start rumors. Not with Namor.

Yeah, he can.

kgkg
Yeah, he can.
Fish-Man --- oh savage H rocks , f#ck the prof.

jrodslam
Yeah, he can.

I wont even bother to argue about this. That must have been some type of spell or summons. Namor CANT turn himself into water. As Namor being my all time 2nd favorite character in Marvel, dont disrespect him by starting rumors please.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Fish-Man --- oh savage H rocks , f#ck the prof.

That he does... punk

I wont even bother to argue about this. That must have been some type of spell or summons. Namor CANT turn himself into water. As Namor being my all time 2nd favorite character in Marvel, dont disrespect him by starting rumors please.

Maybe I'm wrong. I know for a fact that he can control water, but it appeared that he could transform himself into water as well. Namor has quite a few powers that he doesn't use often.

jrodslam
That he does... punk

Maybe I'm wrong. I know for a fact that he can control water, but it appeared that he could transform himself into water as well. Namor has quite a few powers that he doesn't use often.

mad He CANT control water either.

Cosmic Cube
mad He CANT control water either.

YEAH He CAN. How does he make whirlpools and swim so damn fast? He can generate electricity, too.

long pig
Namor can control trees.

kgkg
Namor can also fly

jrodslam
YEAH He CAN. How does he make whirlpools and swim so damn fast? He can generate electricity, too.

*Sigh* he makes whirlpools by swimming in circles really fast. How does he swin so fast? Most Altanteans do. Hes just faster than the rest because hes the Avenging Son! I doknow about the generate electricity part however.

long pig
Namor can access the speedforce dimention.

jrodslam
whistle

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Namor can access the speedforce dimention.

Knew it. THAT's how he swims so fast.

long pig
laughing
I thought it was common knowledge?

Tony Stark
CM every time. Namor is cool and all, but Namor has never been any stronger than class 85. in water. CM is class 100+. Namor is no match.
IMO cool

Sentry

DarkCrawler
Thanks.

DarkCrawler
11)Namor has created great tidal waves. In one TTA #100 he wiped out an entire island and the Hulk along with it.

Seems that he can control water in some point.

Zahit
Namor's the egg-man.
Namor's the walrus.
Koo Koo Ka Choo.

Sentry
See, fist fight, Captain Marvel would get his a$$ kicked by Namor.

shaolin9976
Namor dies in this fight..it's just not a match!

DarkCrawler
Read the rest of the thread, not just the thread title.

Superherovandal
Captain Marvel can go toe to toe with Supes for a while he could easily beat Namor.

K3VIL
I can't believe you're serious guys.
Captain Marvel is in Superman's league, he's almost strong as he is.
Namor's strenght outta water is not sufficient, also considering Marvel can charge his fists with magical lightning that is equal to that of Mjolnir and that his reflexes in a slugfest still outmatch those of Namor, and his invulnerability is far above that of Namor, who beat Hulk, but in water.
And Hulk is dumb, while CM has the wisdom of Solomon and fightning skills remarkables.

jrodslam
Originally posted by K3VIL
I can't believe you're serious guys.
Captain Marvel is in Superman's league, he's almost strong as he is.
Namor's strenght outta water is not sufficient, also considering Marvel can charge his fists with magical lightning that is equal to that of Mjolnir and that his reflexes in a slugfest still outmatch those of Namor, and his invulnerability is far above that of Namor, who beat Hulk, but in water.
And Hulk is dumb, while CM has the wisdom of Solomon and fightning skills remarkables.

Very serious. The fight isnt as easy as you think. True Captain Marvel would win, but not without taking some lumps as well.

Namor fresh out of water is also cl 100, thus CM is going to feel the hits as well. You say that Marvel would charge his fist with magical lightning that is equal to Mjolnir? Did you forget that Namor can absorb lightning and re-direct it. If Marvel were to do that, Namor would absorb it, then hit him with turning him back to Billy.

You say that Hulk is dumb. True enough, but eventhough Captain Marvel has the wisdomof Solomon, he doesnt always use it. Sometimes CM fights just as dumb. The lightning on the fist would be right up Namors ally. CM not knowing this would de doomed.

Superherovandal
Namor could not absorb magical lightning without facing some serious reprecussions. He would be overloaded and destroy himself.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Namor could not absorb magical lightning without facing some serious reprecussions. He would be overloaded and destroy himself.

Assumptions. Namor has yet to be overloaded. Wasp nor Doom did. CM puting magical lightning on his fist wouldnt overload him by far. Even IF Namor felt some sort of overload, he could easily release some by shooting it back at Marvel, and thats something he wouldnt expect and we all know it.

Superherovandal
It isn't just normal lightning it is the lightning of Shazam. Magic. Magic must defeat magic. Namor needs the help of Uncle.

jrodslam
Namor absorbs lightning. CM's lightning is magic, but Namor absorbs lightning whether magic or not. You say magic defeats magic. With him shooting it back at CM it will definately turn him back to Billy.

Namor needs the help of Uncle? Whos that?

You say Namor needs help from someone, but youre the one whos talking about Marvel using Shazams lightning. So whos really the one that needs help? laughing

Superherovandal
Can Namor absorb magic? I doubt it. Uncle is a character who specializes in magic problems. He could help Namor. But he won't.

K3VIL
Very serious. The fight isnt as easy as you think. True Captain Marvel would win, but not without taking some lumps as well.

Namor fresh out of water is also cl 100, thus CM is going to feel the hits as well. You say that Marvel would charge his fist with magical lightning that is equal to Mjolnir? Did you forget that Namor can absorb lightning and re-direct it. If Marvel were to do that, Namor would absorb it, then hit him with turning him back to Billy.

You say that Hulk is dumb. True enough, but eventhough Captain Marvel has the wisdomof Solomon, he doesnt always use it. Sometimes CM fights just as dumb. The lightning on the fist would be right up Namors ally. CM not knowing this would de doomed.
Magical Lightning is not normal lightning, it's lightning created/charged with a magical power source.
CM is not gonna fight dumb, cause if you state this, Namor has fought is a dumb way on major occasions.When Chaos, the being who is half of the In-Betweener sent the Avengers into another dimension, Namor just flew at him punching his face, resulting in Chaose choking him with one hand, and if it wasn't for Thor's arrival, Namor was gonna being killed.
CM usually deals with powerhouses equal to him, and Namor outta water is still a Class 100 that isn't at CM or Superman's level.
Just to let you understand:

Low Level Class 100 Strenght possessors:
All those guys who showed to be able to lift above 100 tons, that means they are strong ok, but they're in another league compared to those on the other lists.
Colossus, and as stated from some fanboys Thing, Abomination.
They lift at max 150/170 tons if we talk of the first 2, and 200 if we talk about Abomination.
Namor falls in this league.He lift a submarine which weight was 200 tons.

High Level Class 100 Strenght Possessors:
All those guys who showed an outstanding amount of physical strenght altough sometimes they are outmatched or are not strong enough to slay down some opponents
Thor, Superman, Captain Marvel(SHAZAM!), Half-God Hercules, Bloodaxe, Thanos, Perrikus

Incalculable Class 100 Strenght Possessors:
All those guys who showed a limitless amount of physical strenght
Magni, Gladiator, Desak, Destroyer, Mangog, a GL with an exoskeleton created from the ring

Now this is a sort of ranking of strenght levels.
Namor far under CM level, plus magical lightning is not electricity in the common sense, so Namor can't absorb it.
Namor surviving to 1 blow from Mjolnir while Thor is just fightning one of his former allies means it wasn't much of a blow.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Can Namor absorb magic? I doubt it. Uncle is a character who specializes in magic problems. He could help Namor. But he won't.

I know Namor can absorb and re-direct lightning. Magic lightning? Not 100% sure. But youre not 100% sure he cant.

Les say for arguements sake that Namor cant, his sacred armor easily can. But I have not doubts that he can absorb "magica"l lightning as well. The lightning really comes from Zeus.

Superherovandal
Yeah and that lightning is magical in origin so you expect to believe that Namor can absorb the lightning of Zeus?

jrodslam
Well the lightning isnt the full poer of Zeus, so maybe Namor can. And like is said, IF he cant, his sacred armor would have no problem.

DarkCrawler
Well the lightning isnt the full poer of Zeus, so maybe Namor can. And like is said, IF he cant, his sacred armor would have no problem.

No other powers then strenght and durability in this fight...

jrodslam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No other powers the strenght and durability in this fight...

Huh?

Sentry
Yeah this is a straight up brawl. I set the rules at the beginning of the thread. No magic for Marvel. Can he defeat Namor with strength and skill alone? In my opinion he can't. Namor wins.

jrodslam
Nuff said.

Although if Marvel combines powers, Namor looses. Straight up though, Namor wins.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Sentry
No magic for Marvel. What exactly does that mean?

Magic is the source of his strength, speed, etc.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What exactly does that mean?

Magic is the source of his strength, speed, etc.

No magic lightning on the fist. No summoning lightning bolts to throw at Namor.

DarkCrawler
No superspeed either.

snoopdogg
No magic lightning on the fist. No summoning lightning bolts to throw at Namor. Well Namor is one tough b!tch but unless he is near a water source the longer this fight goes the less a chance he has to win. He isnt fast enough to slug it out with CM. Namor is strong but I think CM maybe stronger.

DarkCrawler
In this fight, he has been in water for weeks.

jrodslam
Well without Marvel combining powers, he only has the strength of Hercules.

Namor is equal to Hercules out of water. At least Marvel's version of Hercules. Namor fresh out of water is slightly stronger. Thats why i say that if CM doesnt combine strengths, he looses. If he does, then Billy wins.

And it takes a while of exertion for Namor to start loosing his strength. Its not quite as instant as some may think.

snoopdogg
Does CM still have his durabilty aleast?

DarkCrawler
Yes, I think so.

But I still think that Namor takes it. After all, he has knocked Hulk out.

Twice.

jrodslam
He should.

snoopdogg
Well CMs durablity and strength are more than enough to pull off a win from Namor. It may be hard but imo CM is still stronger and more durable than Namor.

CM dont use his speed and lighting very often anyways.

jrodslam
Well it could go either way, but i give Namor the edge for two reasons. He has more fighting experience, and hes the original Savage of Marvel. Namor is honorable, but still has some dirty moves. CM is too goody to truly get the k.o. on Namor.

I like both characters, but Namor is the man.

whirlysplat
I'm going to disagree sorry Jrod, Ilike Namor but his strength is class 90. Marvel is up with Supes and Thor big grin

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I'm going to disagree sorry Jrod, Ilike Namor but his strength is class 90. Marvel is up with Supes and Thor big grin

He. IS. CLASS. 100.

List of Namor feats...

And the Official Handbook says that he can lift 100 tons:

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/7753/ohotmugoldenage2004streetsamur.jpg

Pople just can't accept that he is Class 100... sad

snoopdogg
He. IS. CLASS. 100.

Pople just can't accept that he is Class 100... sad I hate to burst your bubble but Namor can lift up to 100 tons.

To be considered Class 100 you have to be able to lift Over 100 tons. wink

Thats why his strength level is 6 and not 7.

Hercules has a strenght level of 7 wink

jrodslam

Its cool Whirly, but Marvel handbook says hes cl 100. In earlier bios, hes been said as 85, but there are upgraded bios that negate all that.

Im happ[y that they finally made it official, because hes always doing cl 100 feats. Its about dam time they upgraded some of those bios.

Namor is considered to be up there with Thor as well as the Hulk in the MU.

whirlysplat
Well I remember Thor beating him easily in Invaders when the Nazis were using Thor big grin

DarkCrawler
I hate to burst your bubble but Namor can lift up to 100 tons.

To be considered Class 100 you have to be able to lift Over 100 tons. wink

Thats why his strength level is 6 and not 7.

Well, he has lifted more then 100 tons. Just read the feats of him.

snoopdogg
Well, he can lift more then 100 tons. Just read the feats of him. Well alot of characters lift more than they are supposed to. Those Marvel power grids were made to give an idea of what a character can do.

jrodslam
Well I remember Thor beating him easily in Invaders when the Nazis were using Thor big grin

How long ago was this? Back in the 70's? Hes come a long way since then Whirly.

Im not saying Namor has always been 100 cl.

DarkCrawler
But still, taken on account that Namor is nearly 100 years old, he has gained the best fighting training of Atlantis and he has fought almost every hero and villain and won many of the fights, has berseker rage that puts Wolverine in shame and doesn't avoid in using dirty tricks, and is on his best shape in this fight...

...And Captain Marvel/Billy Batson is 16 years old, has almost no formal training in fighting, doesn't have as much experience in fighting as Namor has, is as honest as Superman and Captain America put in the same package, doesn't have dangerous mood swings and can't use anything but his strenght and durablity in this fight...

I believe that Namor wins.

whirlysplat
Yes it was back in the seventies sad I know his come a long way fluid balance etc. I still think Marvel is to strong for himbig grinOriginally posted by jrodslam
How long ago was this? Back in the 70's? Hes come a long way since then Whirly.

Im not saying Namor has always been 100 cl.

jrodslam
Yes it was back in the seventies sad I know his come a long way fluid balance etc. I still think Marvel is to strong for himbig grin

no Shame on you Whirly. To bring up Namors strength in the 70's.

I think Marvel CAN be to strong for him. Off the bat however? Naw. Namor with a slight edge.

whirlysplat
Well we differ on this Jrod, off to bed now goodnight matebig grin

jrodslam
Later pal.

Sentry
Namor VS. Captain Marvel in a boxing match =

Captain Marvel on a stretcher

K3VIL
Captain Marvel has around 90% of Post Crisis Superman strenght.
Namor is not even the 20% of PC Superman strenght.
How is he going to win.
Put here a logic explanation fanboy, except the:
He's the avenging son, teh roxxor he wins!
He ownz cause he's Namor
He ownz cause he has those freakin wings
He wins cause he's the first blablabla
Stfu
I can't believe that someone here if giving credit to DarkCrawler fanboysm.
Billy Batson is a teen-ager, yes that transform himself into someone that can stay fist to fist with SUPERMAN.
Namor has major fightning skills?
CM has reflexes that are far above his, Namor's fists will look like standing still to CM or at least so slow he can dodge them and speedblitz him with a flurry of his Superman level punches throwing him from New York bay to Atlanta.
CM doesn't need fightning skills of high level cause only one of his punches can end this fight, is so hard to understand?

DarkCrawler
Captain Marvel has around 90% of Post Crisis Superman strenght.
Namor is not even the 20% of PC Superman strenght.
How is he going to win.
Put here a logic explanation fanboy, except the:
He's the avenging son, teh roxxor he wins!
He ownz cause he's Namor
He ownz cause he has those freakin wings
He wins cause he's the first blablabla
Stfu
I can't believe that someone here if giving credit to DarkCrawler fanboysm.
Billy Batson is a teen-ager, yes that transform himself into someone that can stay fist to fist with SUPERMAN.
Namor has major fightning skills?
CM has reflexes that are far above his, Namor's fists will look like standing still to CM or at least so slow he can dodge them and speedblitz him with a flurry of his Superman level punches throwing him from New York bay to Atlanta.
CM doesn't need fightning skills of high level cause only one of his punches can end this fight, is so hard to understand?

You are aware that CM can't use his speed in here? And Namor has lifted something that weighed 110,000 tons? I agree, Captain Marvel is stronger, but in this fight, he can't use all of his powers and Namor has spent weeks on water. I think that Namor's superior skill and experience, with his fury would give him the win.

K3VIL
You are aware that CM can't use his speed in here? And Namor has lifted something that weighed 110,000 tons? I agree, Captain Marvel is stronger, but in this fight, he can't use all of his powers and Namor has spent weeks on water. I think that Namor's superior skill and experience, with his fury would give him the win.
YOU THINK, that's the matter.
Speed doesn't mean being a fast a runner or flyer.
If I can run at 20mph and you can run at 7mph but I also punch 4times faster than you, it means than I'll hit you more times than you can hit me.
The same thing goes with CM VS Namor.
CM is faster on both ground and air.
And his reflexes and body speed are also in where it's time to pummel a face.How is Namor gonna dodge a flurry of punches moving so fast he only see them as a blur?

jrodslam
How is Namor gonna dodge a flurry of punches moving so fast he only see them as a blur?

Uhh when does Captain Marvels punches ever look like a blur? He doesnt even fight at superspeeds. At least Superman has(vs DD). Captain Marvel fights like a brawler and hardly ever uses his speed.

You say that CM is 90% PC Supes. Thats when he combines strengths of other gods. His NATURAL strength is that of Hercules. Namor has been said to be Hercules equal on land. In this fight Namor is fresh out the water. The only way CM is stronger than him here is if he combines the strength of Atlas or some other god with that of Hercules.

CM has the wisdom of Solomon, but hardly uses that either. Namor isnt the smartest of fighters, but when it comes to fighting, most of the time CM is just plain dumb. He relies on brawling just about as much as Namor does.

This is no fanboy speaking, its the truth. Namor also has the experience adge, and you cant say that it doesnt count for anything.

All im saying is that since CM cant use his speed, he has a big chance of loosing. He has the strength of Hercules. Im not sure if DC's Hercules is stronger than Marvel's Hercules, but Namor is his equal on land.

I dont think it was right for you to come on and start yelling fanboyism on people. DarkCrawler mentioned some good points. If you dissagree, just explain why instad of being rude. Thats why we debate here. big grin

K3VIL
Uhh when does Captain Marvels punches ever look like a blur? He doesnt even fight at superspeeds. At least Superman has(vs DD). Captain Marvel fights like a brawler and hardly ever uses his speed.

You say that CM is 90% PC Supes. Thats when he combines strengths of other gods. His NATURAL strength is that of Hercules. Namor has been said to be Hercules equal on land. In this fight Namor is fresh out the water. The only way CM is stronger than him here is if he combines the strength of Atlas or some other god with that of Hercules.

CM has the wisdom of Solomon, but hardly uses that either. Namor isnt the smartest of fighters, but when it comes to fighting, most of the time CM is just plain dumb. He relies on brawling just about as much as Namor does.

This is no fanboy speaking, its the truth. Namor also has the experience adge, and you cant say that it doesnt count for anything.

All im saying is that since CM cant use his speed, he has a big chance of loosing. He has the strength of Hercules. Im not sure if DC's Hercules is stronger than Marvel's Hercules, but Namor is his equal on land.

I dont think it was right for you to come on and start yelling fanboyism on people. DarkCrawler mentioned some good points. If you dissagree, just explain why instad of being rude. Thats why we debate here. big grin
Namor on the land is not even at half-god Hercules level.Half-God Hercules is like Thor without his hammer.
There aren't good points in there, just assumptions.
If it was Namor VS Thing or Colossus, or Ulik, I could give you that Namor was going to win.
But Captain Marvel is at Superman level.
Following your assumptions, Namor can beat Superman in a slugfest.
Captain Marvel is sufficiently strong to even beat Superman, Namor isn't.
Captain Marvel durability grants him to survive into space or into another dimension like the 5th dimension with different physic laws unhurted.
Marvel outclass the Avenging Son in every sector except fightning skills.
But it's not a real problem.
Namor fresh of water is not a real threat to him.Why is so hard to understand I don't know.

leonidas
i think it would be a decent fight, but i'm going with k on this one. cm is at (or very near) supes level, which is reportedly well over 200 000 tons, depending on the source. i also believe cm has a much higher durability than namor. the experience edge is namor's, but in a slugfest, i'm not sure why that would matter much. namor's skill is better as well, and that might cause cm some trouble, but cm's hardly a rookie himself. again, i don't think the skill advantage would be enough to overcome cm's strength advantage. i like namor, but cm would win this fight imho.

JWangSDC
Ok namor is level 6 and it makes sense...he's as strong as ironman. And though he's stronger underwater...shit weighs less underwater...Bouyancy anyone?

JWangSDC
Namor is like a tougher version of aquaman...true CM can probably lift 100X as much as namor...but that's DC tons vs Marvel tons. Being able to like 200,000 tons in DC is like being able to lift 110 tons in marvel. Superman and Thor generally can be accepted as having similar strength.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by JWangSDC
...but that's DC tons vs Marvel tons. Being able to like 200,000 tons in DC is like being able to lift 110 tons in marvel. Superman and Thor generally can be accepted as having similar strength. So is that reversed when it comes to speed in Marvel and DC. Marvel has plenty of characters who can exceed lightspeed.

jrodslam
Namor on the land is not even at half-god Hercules level.Half-God Hercules is like Thor without his hammer.
There aren't good points in there, just assumptions.

DarkCrawler
What issue is that from?

jrodslam
Avengers Vol.1 #262. I just got a scanner yesterday, and im having a hard time posting images lol.

jrodslam
more.

jrodslam
the fight continues.

jrodslam

jrodslam
Namor #58

jrodslam
But Captain Marvel is at Superman level.
Following your assumptions, Namor can beat Superman in a slugfest.
Captain Marvel is sufficiently strong to even beat Superman, Namor isn't.

Namor fresh of water is not a real threat to him.Why is so hard to understand I don't know.

Captain Marvel has the strength of HERCULES. The only way he goes to Superman level is when COMBINING POWERS. Thats the only way he is stronger than Namor.

Namor fresh out of water is a threat to Marvel.

DarkCrawler
If he goes that good against real Hercules, he could be able to defeat Marvel.

jrodslam
Captain Marvel durability grants him to survive into space or into another dimension like the 5th dimension with different physic laws unhurted.

You highly underestimate Namors durability. Namor is able to survive the deepest Ocean depths as well as survive the pressures and cold of space. Though he cant hold his breath forever.

K3VIL
Namor #58
This was an underwater fight, where I only see Namor holding Herc's head.And underwater we know Namor becomes able to beat Hulk with physical force.But here he's not beating Hercules.
And in the scans above, he's just stalemating Hercules, maybe.

snoopdogg
Hulk has defeated Namor underwater one time.

jrodslam
True, but Namor still has the advantage 2-1. Happy Dance

leonidas
<<Namor is able to survive the deepest Ocean depths as well as survive the pressures and cold of space.>.

true, but bullets have been shown to hurt namor. a threat to cm? i'd not go QUITE that far, but i said it would be a good fight. i still think cm takes it in the end though.

jrodslam
This was an underwater fight, where I only see Namor holding Herc's head.And underwater we know Namor becomes able to beat Hulk with physical force.But here he's not beating Hercules.
And in the scans above, he's just stalemating Hercules, maybe.

In the Namor #58 scan, its clear that Namor has the advantage. Hes telling Hercules to give up. Namorwasnt even the one who started the fight. He was holding back, while Herc was the aggressor. Clearly he was no match.

And the others scans proves my point i made earlier. I simply said that "Namor was Herc's equal on land" Ofcourse they stalemated. Is that not what equal lvl beings means?

Youre the one who said and I quote...

"Namor on the land is not even at half-god Hercules level.Half-God Hercules is like Thor without his hammer.
There aren't good points in there, just assumptions."

I showed facts. You made assumptions. big grin

K3VIL
In the Namor #58 scan, its clear that Namor has the advantage. Hes telling Hercules to give up. Namorwasnt even the one who started the fight. He was holding back, while Herc was the aggressor. Clearly he was no match.

And the others scans proves my point i made earlier. I simply said that "Namor was Herc's equal on land" Ofcourse they stalemated. Is that not what equal lvl beings means?

Youre the one who said and I quote...

"Namor on the land is not even at half-god Hercules level.Half-God Hercules is like Thor without his hammer.
There aren't good points in there, just assumptions."

I showed facts. You made assumptions. big grin
Facts are they are trading blows, I haven't seen Namor being strong as him.Is Thing stronger than Hulk?No, but he can punch him off his feet anyway.

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas
true, but bullets have been shown to hurt namor.

When has bullets hurt Namor fresh out of water? Explain?

jrodslam
Facts are they are trading blows, I haven't seen Namor being strong as him.Is Thing stronger than Hulk?No, but he can punch him off his feet anyway.

You said Namor wasnt even half-god lvl. If herc was so much higher, his punches would clearly do more damage, no? Yet they trade blows.

Hulk and Thing trade blows at first, but Hulks superior strength gives him the advantage.

No land Namor and Herc are equal. In water, Namor is superior in strength. Nuff said.

K3VIL
You said Namor wasnt even half-god lvl. If herc was so much higher, his punches would clearly do more damage, no? Yet they trade blows.

Hulk and Thing trade blows at first, but Hulks superior strength gives him the advantage.

No land Namor and Herc are equal. In water, Namor is superior in strength. Nuff said.
You haven't prove it, nuff said.
Hercules throwed aways Godzilla like a toy, and the monster weights far above 200 tons.

jrodslam
Namor has lifted a 2,000 ton destreoyer. Thats more than 200 tons.

You have yet to prove Hercules is stronger.

olympian

shaolin9976
According to Marvel Encyc...Namor is in the 75-100 ton strength level...however, Captain Marvel is beyond that...not only that Captain Marvel has a higher skill level in fighting too...the only reason Namor has a chance is because of his heart...but when it's all said and done, Marvel will be left standing up.

olympian
Hi Shaolin

Namor is seriously underrated in comics, i give him that. But Heracles is overall better if not slighty. There is one thing i didnt agreed tho.

I dont consider Captain marvel all that skilled. Sure he has the gods telling him what to do but how many times did he showed he had it? Only against superman and in war of the gods where Wonder Woman fought him.

Im not saying he isent skilled. But he lacks the experience in using it. And that Namor has in spades.

I give the win to marvel, he has more ways to win, and unlike heracles he isent immortal to keep on going with the fight. We already saw what happens with Namor outside of the water, he gets weaker. Thats a flaw to exploit.

Now if the submariner takes the fight underwater right from the start i give him the nod.

olympian
Oh btw i know this isent between heracles vs namor, but i wanted to make a comparation since Marvel has his strengh in his list of powers. Namor is class 100 in water but out of it he isent.

thats all

DarkCrawler
Yes he is if he has just recently been on water.

ZephroCarnelian
Namor is amazingly powerful.

And if CM isn't allowed to use his super-speed, magic lightning etc etc then I think... in a straight up fist fight.... he'd be screwed....

shaolin9976
Olympian....You are absolutely correct...If Marvel takes the fight outside of water then we can forget about it...the longer the fight outside the water, the more advantage Marvel have...so just for that fact, I'll give it to marvel...I don't think he is stupid enough to fight Namor in water...that's just giving away a lot of advantages.

olympian
Both are great characters. I feel Namor is a bit underrated. He does have one of the best tracks against Hulk. Even better than Herc and Thor.

Figthing underwater and having the strengh he has its a win for him. We already seen ( and i am a huge Herc fan ) having the upperhand against herc always underwater.

So yeah marvel wins if he doesnt decide to take a shower wink

olympian
Btw Dark i do agree that Namor on water or just fresh out of it is a bit as strong as Heracles.

My whole point was that in land, Herc gets the better of it.

jrodslam
The reason I stated before that Namor wins, is because hes been said to be Herc's equal while on land, and his superior in the water. As shown before.

That was my reason for saying that if CM doesnt combine powers, Namor wins. Especially being fresh out of water. Marvel would have the speed advantage, and a slight durability advantage though. All-in-all, it would be a good fight.

shaolin9976
A good fight indeed...but Marvel still wins here.

olympian
Equal than herc on land? Wouldnt that be fresh out of water? At time goes by Namor gets weaker. Thats why in theyr bouts on land Herc usually had the advantage.

Namor fresh out of water figthing on land means, hes still wet. So yeah hes equal to Herc but not for long.

Now superior? hmmmm no. What i get from his stories is that on land he gets weaker and its a top of the top while wet.

the key word being " wet ". You can still be wet while in land wink

jrodslam
You make it seem as if Namor gets weaker after a few minutes on land. Hes now to the point where he can remain on land for hours before he even starts to lose strength.

The one fight they did have on land, Namor wasnt fresh out of the water, and Hercules did not have an advantage. They were stalemated pretty much.

When they did fight in the water however, Namor clearly had the upper hand.

True you can be on land while still wet, but in Avengers 262, Namor wasnt just out of water. He was on land for some time, and didnt get weaker to the point where Herc was stronger than him.

olympian
Namor doesnt get weak minutes or seconds out of water. I concead that. He will get weak eventually. Thats where his strengh wont be equal to Heracles. Take the fight against savage Hulk against the avengers. Namor after a time couldnt do much.

Do you have the scans of that figth? (avengers 262) that was with both Stern and Buscema right? Because if it is Namor did falled in the water after sent flying by a punch of Herc. Before that Herc had the advantage of more hits (2-1 of his favor ).

And again im not saying Heracles is head and shoulders above Namor. Neither Thor is or regular Hulk. Its just that being out of water is a weakness he cant afford to keep for a certain period of time.

olympian
"take the fight of savage........."

whirlysplat
CM wins any way you cut it big grin

Keep it Whirly big grin

Keep the faith rock

Khellendros
Okay, first thing's first. We need an idea of how much Superman can lift to accureately judge CM's strength (someone said he was at 90% of Supes). Well, if you know Draco69, you know he is a huge DC supporter, and the link I'm posting is the one he uses often in debates involving Wonder Woman, so that should assure you that this page is pretty accurate. http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/superman.html

I quote:

So, assuming you accept the estimate that CM is 90% of Supe's strength (and some seem to think he's not even that strong without more than Hercules' strength), we have CM "conceivably" at 90,000 tons.

I think that puts things in a new light, when you recognize that Namor has stalemated and gotten the better of a man who can tow the island of Manhattan by a chain and has a very good record against the Hulk, who has countless extreme strength feats.

With weeks of soak time, and having just stepped out of the water, and CM bieng limited to only accesing the strength of Hercules, I definitely see Namor taking 6-7 fights out of ten.

olympian
Captain marvel doesnt have the full strengh of hercules. Thats why the power of Zeus he has, "powers" up the rest to top level.

Namor so far has gotten the better against Hercules on water. On land he has a sligthy advantage. On both fights they had. Also dont forget that on water herc has a feat that Namor was not managing to do. ( a durability one )

On land he starts as strong but he doesnt last long with that kind of power. Thats why he had problems with battling Thing, Hulk and She Hulk after staying some time out of it.

Namor chances are : Staying or bringing the figth into the water and use his superior skills and experience.

If he decides to let captain marvel play him like he does to supes ( using ligthing, speed, sucker shots ) hes not going to be the winner.

olympian
"On land herc has a sligthy advantage......."

Khellendros
Originally posted by olympian
If he decides to let captain marvel play him like he does to supes ( using ligthing, speed, sucker shots ) hes not going to be the winner.
You're right, but if you had read the first post, you would know lightning and speed aren't available to him except for the speed of his fists. Namor is taking the win in this one.

olympian
In that case i concede that Namor superior experience and tactics are enough to get a win.

I would give the same between Hercules and Marvel i this case.

Khellendros
In that case i concede that Namor superior experience and tactics are enough to get a win.

I would give the same between Hercules and Marvel i this case.
Yeah, if you gave CM even one more power to use in this fight (speed/ flight/lightning) it'd be a whole other ballgame.

olympian
Yeah wink

Whats the most impressive speed feat Namor has? You seem to know alot about him.

snoopdogg
How is Namor gonna do in CM?

Punches?

Khellendros
Yeah wink

Whats the most impressive speed feat Namor has? You seem to know alot about him.
Honestly, just look at the ones listed in this thread. I don't consider myself to be much more knowledgable about Namor than the average Joe.

snoopdogg: That's a pretty poor scan, what's it supposed to prove?

EDIT: Durr, you said speed feat. Like I said, I'm no Namor expert, but I'm pretty sure he's no speedster.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Khellendros

snoopdogg: That's a pretty poor scan, what's it supposed to prove? Are you serious?

Superman/Eclipso punched CM from Metropolis to Hawaii and through a mountain and CM got right back up.

olympian
Ill check the whole treath then.

About the scan. How many of the Top tier heroes have punched each other without looking fazed? Look at Herc and namor. Or Thor and Herc.

I dont belive Namor its going to take him with just punches, as i stated early he is veryskilled. Marvel isent. With skill i mean actual figthing skill that has beem showed not hyperbole.

Close combat and skill goes to Namor.

snoopdogg
Ill check the whole treath then.

About the scan. How many of the Top tier heroes have punched each other without looking fazed? Look at Herc and namor. Or Thor and Herc.

True.

But did they get punched halfway around the world through a mountain?

Khellendros
Are you serious?

Superman/Eclipso punched CM from Metropolis to Hawaii and through a mountain and CM got right back up.
Yeah, I am serious. I see Superman speaking in weird speech bubbles and CM's head and not much else. It's a crappy scan.

jrodslam
Namor doesnt get weak minutes or seconds out of water. I concead that. He will get weak eventually. Thats where his strengh wont be equal to Heracles. Take the fight against savage Hulk against the avengers. Namor after a time couldnt do much.

I dont own that comic, but read the full synopsis. It appeared that Namor was out of water for a while. Second He took down Iron Man, then tussled with Thor along with Hulk. True after time Namor couldnt do much like you stated. But thats because he was out of water for a long time. Also it was him against Thor, Ironman and Giantman.

Do you have the scans of that figth? (avengers 262) that was with both Stern and Buscema right? Because if it is Namor did falled in the water after sent flying by a punch of Herc. Before that Herc had the advantage of more hits (2-1 of his favor ).

Herc punched Namor in the water yes. Before that, Herc had the advantage of an extra hit was because he started the fight. He was the one who threw the first punch therefore ofcourse he'd have more hits than Namor if they were going back and forth. When Herc punched Namor in the water that made the hits, 3-2 in favor of Herc. At the end of the fight however, all hits were tied 4-4. Even if Namor wasnt tossed in the water, he would have can right back with a counter punch of his own. Mind you they were stale mated, eventhough Namor has been out of water from the time they first met up.

Heres the scans.

jrodslam
and.....

jrodslam
more...

jrodslam
interrupted.

jrodslam
wrong one ....

olympian
Thanks for the scans thumb up

Im getting more respect with namor with all this. Even as a bit wet he is still in Herc/Thor level. Pretty cool.

"True.

But did they get punched halfway around the world through a mountain?"

Herc did. And he still got up after being trow to a mountain by beyonder.

jrodslam
sorry..

snoopdogg

Herc did. And he still got up after being trow to a mountain by beyonder. But Herc isnt in question here.

Namor is. wink

Does CM still have his durabilty in this fight anyways?

snoopdogg
Happy Dance

jrodslam
Uhh. Durability. Namor is able to survive the ocean depths. Something in which even Abomination couldnt take.

Hes taken the pressures of space.

Ive never stated Namor was the fastest hero, but the fastest time ive seem him move was on 2 occasons. He easily dodged 4 M-16's being fired at him.(Which bullets move faster than 60 mph). Also in battle with Mimic from the Exiles, he managed to hit him with 2 speedblitz attacks. Mind you, Mimic has the speed of Northstar and he barely saw Namor coming.

I have to go through my Namor collection, to check on any other speed feats. But thats all for now.

ZephroCarnelian
Pressures of space?

Or do you mean the lack thereof lol? smile

jrodslam
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Pressures of space?

Or do you mean the lack thereof lol? smile

Yea pressures of space. Though instead of holding his breath, he wore only a helmet allowing him to breathe. He jumped multiple meteors as if they were stepping stones, then boarded Dr.Dooms spacecraft.

K3VIL
But Herc isnt in question here.

Namor is. wink

Does CM still have his durabilty in this fight anyways?
Captain Marvel can travel in outerspace with ease, he reached the JLA tower without being hurted from the travel at superspeed during the war with the 5th dimension imps.
Captain Marvel survived into being dragged in the 5th dimension with ease.CM has Superman level durability.

olympian
Maybe even more for what ive seen. And heard.

lawest9
Maybe even more for what ive seen. And heard. Absolutely, I can't believe the number of people posting here that believe Namor can win this fight.

StiltmanFTW
Billy is a kid that can't take a beating. Namor cracks his skull open and eats his brains.

Even some hardcore DC fanboys think he loses against the likes of Namor in pure melee, unless he remembers to use his speed or spam lightning.

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Billy is a kid that can't take a beating. Namor cracks his skull open and eats his brains.

Even some hardcore DC fanboys think he loses against the likes of Namor in pure melee, unless he remembers to use his speed or spam lightning. Sorry Stilt but those who think that Namor wins this fight must have already had THEIR brains eaten, Lol!!!!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

StiltmanFTW
Namor absorbs Billy's shazam bolt, redirects it back at him and punches a hole through the kid.

lawest9
Nope, you see with Namor's ferociousness and fighting experience he'll make it an annoying fight for Billy tho deal with, but in the end CM is simply going to overpower Namor, the power gap is too great plus the 'wisdom of Solomon' will come into play here. Namor is NOT winning this fight.

StiltmanFTW
When has Billy ever benefited from said wisdom?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>