acrobatic skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikedgravity
so out of the following who is the best overall acrobat. Beast, spiderman, night crawler midnighter, puck,lady shiva, batgirl,batman,captain america,karate kid, add more if you like.

black robb
Spiderman of course

Nataku8188
Nightcrawler, his body is built for it.
Spidey and Beast tie for second, while Beast can use both his hands and feet, spidey has highly increased reflexes and is much stronger.

Wanderer259
1) Spider-Man
2) Nightcrawler
3) Beast
4) Nightwing
5) Batgirl
6) Lady Shiva
7) Batman
8) Captain America

jrodslam
Originally posted by Wanderer259
1) Spider-Man
2) Nightcrawler
3) Beast
4) Nightwing
5) Batgirl
6) Lady Shiva
7) Batman
8) Captain America

Daredevil would be 4th on that list.

Wanderer259
Crap. I forgot about him.

CorderaMitchell
I agree with Wanderer and the adjustment jrod made.

Wanderer259
I would, however, object to putting Daredevil over Nightwing; they're at least on par with each other. Nightwing is an acrobatics prodigy. I'm not entirely sure there's anyone in DC that's better than he is.

CorderaMitchell
In terms of ACROBATICS, you mean extereme dexteriey and speed with grace, Nightwing may be one ahead of him then....

Wanderer259
That's exactly what I meant. Isn't that what this thread is about? But now that you bring it up, the only thing Murdock's got on Grayson are his superhuman senses. I'd venture the idea that Nightwing's a better hand-to-hand fighter than Daredevil if not just equal.

MERCILOUS
I'd put it

1. Nightcrawler (built for it has a tail for extra balance and everything.)
2. Spidey and Beast (I don't actually know that much about beat but I trust Nataku's assessment.)
3. Nightwing and Dare Devil (I'm guessing DD's senses put him on par with Nightwing.)
4. Batgirl
5. Batman
6. Lady Shiva (when has she ever done anything more acrobatic than Batman?)
7. Captain America (doesn't do all that much in this area so I guess it's pretty safe to assume.)

And Puck? Anyone know enough of this guy, he might actually be first, he does have some sort of demon giving him his graces.

JRW
puck is pretty good in his bio for powers it says ACROBATIC DWARF so i think he is good in alpha flight comics he moves similar to beast

Mainstream
Grayson was born to flip

CorderaMitchell
I still say spidey, he's made for this stuff a little more than curt , and has extra features.

Wanderer259
Spider-Man has better reflexes, strength, and flexibility than Kurt. This is why he's the better acrobat. Let's not forget his ability to use surfaces and his enhanced equilibrium (he doesn't become disoriented when hanging upside down, etc.) and you've got Marvel's supreme acrobat.

Kurt's only advantage for spot #1 is his ability to just disappear and reappear at any point on a whim.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Spider-Man has better reflexes, strength, and flexibility than Kurt. This is why he's the better acrobat. Let's not forget his ability to use surfaces and his enhanced equilibrium (he doesn't become disoriented when hanging upside down, etc.) and you've got Marvel's supreme acrobat.

Kurt's only advantage for spot #1 is his ability to just disappear and reappear at any point on a whim.

Kurt is more flexible, what are you smoking? He's got the tail, the enhanced limbs, and years as a circus acrobate.

Spidey is stronger and can adhere to almost anything.

If Spidey could do like Kurt and twirl around bars with one foot, flip off, grab another bar with his tail, swoosh around and twist into a grab with one arm and one foot, revert back to his tail, etc. hed be a better acrobat, but as it stands, the only place he really has a big advantage is the floor competition.

CorderaMitchell
Kurt has the better body for acrobating, but spiderman has the speed, and agility. Kurt is very close, but in the sake of bars and swings, Kurt would be more flashy as he can grip with his feet, and tail.

Spiderman would do better in events that require a long jump or great feat of strength to get to one place or another, but he's close with Kurt, but has versatility that leads me to believe he's #1

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Kurt has the better body for acrobating, but spiderman has the speed, and agility. Kurt is very close, but in the sake of bars and swings, Kurt would be more flashy as he can grip with his feet, and tail.

Spiderman would do better in events that require a long jump or great feat of strength to get to one place or another, but he's close with Kurt, but has versatility that leads me to believe he's #1

Acrobatics isn't about long jumping or feats of strength, they are based on skill. The most important part of almost any gymanstic event is the landings, which Kurt can do on his hands. Spidey may be strong enough and have the sticky (lol, THE sticky), but when he's trying to maximize his inversions and such mid-air, im sure he'll overdo it and **** up. He isn't a trained acrobat like Kurt.

CorderaMitchell
I know it involves dexterity, it just depends on what feats you are talking about, its like gymnastics. Spiderman has the greater strength and could do these spins and flips many times no doubt, as well as Kurt.

For instance I think Spidermans greatest point is his start, he would get a good launch, hang (strength), have a faster movement, and get more times to spin and twist and flip. His landing would be better than others but not Kurt, though I'm sure he would be the only to land on one hand from a really high fall.

Kurt would be strong in his finishes. His start, wouldn't be as strong as spidermans, but he would make up for it, with his natural grace, and adaptivity to cling to surfaces with his tails and hands, ideal for bars and such. He does not have the strength to do what spidey could do for as long, but he adept and BORN to do it.

Spiderman acrobatics were a gift, Kurts were his birthright, but I think strength would give him the opportunity to catch the air in his ascent of his jumps.

Nataku8188
Acrobat-

One who is skilled in feats of balance and agility in gymnastics.

Agility-

The state or quality of being agile; nimbleness.

Agile-

Characterized by quickness, lightness, and ease of movement; nimble.

This isn't gymnastics, it's an acrobatic competition, I was using previous things as examples. Nightcrawler has more training, and is literally built for acrobatics. Not only that, but he has more experience than Spider-man in the field of being an acrobat. It was his life.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Nataku8188
This isn't gymnastics, it's an acrobatic competition, I was using previous things as examples. Nightcrawler has more training, and is literally built for acrobatics. Not only that, but he has more experience than Spider-man in the field of being an acrobat. It was his life.

I hear that. BUUUT to say Nightcrawler has more experience being a acrobat doesnt really mean much in this. Almost everyone on the list has more experience as an acrobat than Spiderman. So thats not fair to say. Though it is true.

Captain America has more experience than anyone, but hes not the best. Just thought id mention that.

But I do think that Nightcrawler and Spiderman could go eitherway. Nightcrawler and Beast are able to use the hands and feet equally. Cant say the same for spiderman however.

CorderaMitchell
Acrobat-

Agility-

Agile-

I agree with parts of it and I understand those terms fine big grin , Agility=dexterity in movement basically, or adroitness in movement regardless spiderman just has the body necessary to take this, his abilites make up for his experience, in some aspects he is no rookie.

Spiderman does things better than some of the most experienced at times, its close between him and Kurt.

Hulk Power
I think Spider-man wins first place for agility and Beast comes in second.

CorderaMitchell
Beast and nightcrawler are actually very similar in that aspect.

Agility is nice, but feats like this require, exceptional strength as well. The bicep,tricep, latissimus dorsi(back, upper and outer), and middle and upper trapezius(neck and imbetween shoulders), are used here, spiderman could easily do it, and if you removed that goofy costume, he could probably do an episode with peter beating Kurt at his own game, after all , Kurt was impressed byPeter's agility before.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Beast and nightcrawler are actually very similar in that aspect.

Agility is nice, but feats like this require, exceptional strength as well. The bicep,tricep, latissimus dorsi(back, upper and outer), and middle and upper trapezius(neck and imbetween shoulders), are used here, spiderman could easily do it, and if you removed that goofy costume, he could probably do an episode with peter beating Kurt at his own game, after all , Kurt was impressed byPeter's agility before.

This isn't a gymnastic contest, it's who has more acrobatic ability. Guess what? Kurt is a trained, bred acrobat. I guess he wins, huh ?

CorderaMitchell
I get that, buuuuuuuuuuuut gymnastics is similar to acrobatics, and the example was used for the sake of dexterity. I think Kurt would look more flashy, but spiderman would be able to accomplish greater feats, your call.

Wanderer259
Kurt's spine is more flexible than humanly possible, whilst every ligament/tendon in Spidey's body has been simultaneously stretched and strengthened so that he is twice as flexible as humanly possible throughout his entire body.

Your own cited definition says this discussion includes gymnastics.

Nightcrawler's only advantage is his 'extra limb' (the tail), unless you want to go ahead and count his teleportation. Kurt might have more acrobatic 'know-how', but Spidey's got the sheer ability.

CorderaMitchell
If there's teleport there's webbing too.

Basically its down to the same, spidey's "lack of experience" but better abilites, versus the more experienced. Though he doesn't have any formal training, spiderman is no fool in agility and obstacles nor moving gracefully. Regardless the first thing u think of with spiderman is dodging and gracefullness.

CorderaMitchell
Acrobat-

Agility-

Agile-

I already explained this......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.