King Kong Trailer to be shown during Fear Factor!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tired Hiker
I was watching Fear Factor tonight, only because I just discovered my cable is actually hooked up, and they showed a little tease of the Peter Jackson King Kong Movie. It showed a T-Rex, like in Jurassic Park, sort of, I think this one was more yellow. Then it showed a hot blonde chick in despair, the T-Rex was going for the woman, suddenly this huge grey hairy leg plops down from the top of the screen, sort of like how in the first Jurassic Park, they show the T-Rex leg come from the top of the screen. It was as if to say, "Hey Steven Speilburger! My big hairy ass leg is way more badass than your stupid T-Rex." When the leg comes down, the startled T-Rex roars and looks up at Kong as if he must be huge!

Anyway, it was pretty cool nonetheless. The look of the film is awesome. I was so lost in the awe of seeing this, that I didn't pay attention to when they said they would show it. I know it will be during a Fear Factor episode, maybe this week, but I want to say that it will be next monday. Look for it! You can't go wrong! smile

JKozzy
Ooh! Can't wait for this. Thanks for the heads-up, TH big grin

Upon further investigation:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050617f.php

Universal will present an unprecedented motion picture preview "roadblock" as all nine of its networks simultaneously telecast the world premiere of the first trailer for Universal Pictures' "King Kong," the dramatic adventure helmed by Oscar(R)-winning director Peter Jackson, on Monday, June 27, from 8:59:30-9:02 PM ET.

As part of the ambitious, multi-pronged effort, the two-minute, 30-second teaser trailer will be broadcast at the same time on NBC, SCI FI, USA Network, Bravo, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, Mun2 and Universal HD. The trailer will be offered in high-definition on NBC and Universal HD. The estimated potential audience of the combined networks would exceed 109 million viewers, surpassing the total distribution of any previous promotional broadcast.

The specific schedule for the airing of the teaser trailer on each of the NBC networks is as follows:

NBC -- immediately following "Fear Factor"
USA Network -- immediately following "Law & Order: SVU
SCI FI Channel -- immediately following "Stargate-SG1"
Bravo -- immediately following "West Wing"
Universal HD -- immediately following "Airport '77"
MSNBC -- immediately following "Countdown with Keith Olberman"
CNBC -- immediately following "Cover to Cover"
Telemundo -- immediately following "La Mujer en el Espejo"
Mun2 -- premiere during the two-hour block of "The Roof."

"King Kong," which tells the classic tale of the gigantic ape captured on a remote island and brought to 1930s Manhattan where he meets his tragic fate, stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Thomas Kretschmann, Colin Hanks, Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell and Adrien Brody and will open in theaters worldwide on December 14, 2005.

The teaser trailer for "King Kong" will make its on-screen debut in movie theaters worldwide on Wednesday, June 29th. Also on Monday, June 27, in concert with the NBC Universal roadblock, the "King Kong" teaser trailer will debut online, on multimedia-enabled personal wireless communication devices and at several high profile out-of-home locations.

Volkswagen, the exclusive automotive promotional partner of "King Kong," has been granted the exclusive online debut window for the teaser trailer. Beginning at 8:44 PM ET (15 minutes prior to the NBC Universal primetime roadblock), the teaser trailer may be viewed exclusively on the Volkswagen website (www.volkswagen.com), encoded in Apple's QuickTime technology, which offers the highest quality visual image available online. This Volkswagen online exclusive will continue for 48 hours.

Also at this time, Universal Pictures' official movie site for "King Kong" will go live at www.kingkongmovie.com Included on the site will be the official logo for the film, cast and filmmaker biographies and downloadable photos. This online destination for the film will expand over time and enable fans to immerse themselves in the rich history of the Kong character in our culture, and to explore the world Peter Jackson has created for his new film version of the classic adventure.

ickeris2003
Damn I forgot to watch FF last night. good thing theyll show the trailer again in WOTW. cant wait for this movie to come out though.

JKozzy
You didn't miss it yet. It's June 27th.

ickeris2003
oh ok lol... i feel dumb know huh

The Tired Hiker
Jkoz, thanks for that Darkhorizons info! That totally rocks! eek! smile

WindDancer
I'm looking forward to King Kong. Peter Jackson is a phenomenal director. I really enjoy his work. yes

general-pain
The ape better not look like a cave troll with fur.

DeVi| D0do
The promo for the trailer: http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/kikn_teaser_promo_lg.mov

sk8stuff09
it looks cool.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The promo for the trailer: http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/kikn_teaser_promo_lg.mov Doesn't seem to want to work for me.. "Quicktime is missing components.." but it's up-to-date. Is this encoded for mac in QT7? Or is there something special needed to play it. I usually can play anything thrown at me; this bothers me.

DeVi| D0do
Try here: http://www.kongisking.net/

DarkYoda
Yeah I'm looking forward to this also. I know absolutely nothing about King Kong. I hope Peter Jackson can make it a good popcorn flick at the very least.

Trippy
I'm sure lots of you have seen it, but heres for the people who havent

WindDancer
I really gotta see this movie. I just know Jackson won't disappoint. Looking forward to it. smile

DeVi| D0do
Trailer is up! And it looks great!
Some of the FX shots look like works in progress though... at least I hope they are.

KING KONG TRAILER

GCG
WOW ! thanks Man !

Trippy
sweet, thanks a lot man. Now i don't gotta watch tv and hope i catch it.

EHmasterJedi
anyone have a downloadable version?

Tex
I'm a little disappointed. It's clearly nothing new and doesn't deviate greatly from the original.

Just better special effects and directing, noting new or original.

cal31
Originally posted by Tex
I'm a little disappointed. It's clearly nothing new and doesn't deviate greatly from the original.

Just better special effects and directing, noting new or original. That's how I felt when I saw it. It looks good, but nothing breathtaking.

EHmasterJedi
about how much of the movie is on the island and how much in the city? in the original

GCG
prob a 3:2 ratio.

at least we didnt see kong on the ESB in the trailer

The Tired Hiker
I thought it looked pretty cool. It seems more of it will focus on the island with the other creatures. I just hope it's not boring during the parts where there are not giant creatures. At least they have Jack Black in it, that makes it sort of unpredictable, in a character sense. smile

DarkYoda
Just thought I'd mention that a 720P High Definition capture of the King Kong Trailer from NBC HD is now making it's rounds on BitTorrent. Check your favorite BT site for the torrent! wink

ickeris2003
Saw the trailer last night and I was kind of disappointed. I thought some special effects looked bad and not real enough, I dont know maybe thats just me. But Im still going to go and watch it since its PJ.

sk8stuff09
doesnt look that bad

LLG
I think the trailer looks really good.

general-pain
It looked very good. I think the special effects in it are on par with ROTS.

Tptmanno1
I saw the trailer while waiting to see War of the Worlds.

From the trailer it looks similar to the original, but I bet PJ will spruce it up a bit and toss in a few suprises.
But it looks good...

general-pain
I'm not so sure about the Dino factor though. Might take abit too long.

bakerboy
I loved the trailer, very good. King Kong looked great.

general-pain
If its peter Jackson, then I'm going to see it.

spencerspider
i saw it during war of the wordls and it looked pretty good

Lord_Andres
Nuthing new ehe? well if they change around with stuff, I know there will be alot of pissed of King Kong fans thats for sure, and lets face it, its just plain pain for the eye to look at the old one it really is, cause its so damn ugly and looks so so so very bad and the picture and sound and well everytinhg is just worse then any 3 year old could do today, I hate to watch those 30's movies, they are not watchable, along with the rest of the lame Universal Monster movies, ugghhhh so bad... and my friend bought the Universal collecton of monsters and made me watch them all!!!! ALL!!!! ggrrrrrrrr mad

ragesRemorse
Why is kong so damn small? Mighty joe young looks bigger than king kong in this movie. Dont tell me it is to make it seem more realistic, not when you have a T-rex in the movie.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Just thought I'd mention that a 720P High Definition capture of the King Kong Trailer from NBC HD is now making it's rounds on BitTorrent. Check your favorite BT site for the torrent! wink Already have, sheer brilliance wink

JKozzy
Originally posted by GCG
prob a 3:2 ratio.

at least we didnt see kong on the ESB in the trailer Not yet, there'll be another trailer. This was just the teaser.

DeVi| D0do
They revealed a helluva lot in just the teaser...

The Ones
can anyone tell me the music that starts at 1minute and 57 seconds?

DeVi| D0do
The music at the end of the trailer is the same music that's used in the Fantastic Four trailer, if that helps (which it probably doesn't stick out tongue) ...

The Ones
i know but whats the title?

Alpha Centauri
Just watched the trailer and I can't say that the hype is justified at all.

The CGI looks average by today's standards and Kong himself just looks like Mighty Joe Young.

-AC

MildPossession
Agree, effects look a bit off...

As for the music, can't find the king kong info, but the music used in Fantastic Four, if the same like you say, is:

Spiritus Elektros by Immediate Music - probably this one, sounds like their music.

The Ones
just downloaded spititus electros. its used in F4 but its not the one im looking for. its at the end of the kong trailer aswell

MildPossession
Well the only other songs on the Fantastic Four trailer are:

****ing in the Bushes by Oasis
Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm of The War Drums by A Perfect Circle
And some music from Matrix Revolutions by Don Davis.

ragesRemorse
Kong looks disappointingly small.

bakerboy
I Loved the trailer, and considering that the special efects arent finished yet and that is only a teaser, im very exited about this movie. I hope that they can capture the feeling of the classic king kong.

And about kong, well, i dont think that he is small, he looks like the old kong, a 25 feet gorilla. He is only a little shorter than the t-rex.

ragesRemorse
your going to maximize everything about the original, except kong?

Are you sure kong was only 25 feet tall? MAybe i am htinking of the remake, but i thought he was like 100 feet tall.

MildPossession
His height in the original film is 50 feet apparently.

bakerboy
Well, maybe im wrong, bukt i think that he was 25 or 30 feet tall in the classic movie of 1933, if you look his height in the city and next to the people, he looks that. In the remake of 1976 , yeah, he is taller, about 45 or 50 feet tall, but this new kong is like the classic kong, 25 or 30 feet tall.

MildPossession
His official height according to the film makers of the 30s original is 50 feet...

bakerboy
Well, he didnt look that tall.

Red Superfly
Saw the trailer yestarday before War Of The Worlds.

Jurassic Park with a monkey, only the effects aren't half as good.

Not interested.

fruits
whatever, i think it looks friggen sweet!!! im definantly gonna see it. i mean, changing the plot line of the original, but i still think it;ll be pretty good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.