Does the Christian god have a body?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxoooxX
If god has a body why does he? he created us in his own immage. so why does he need to look like us?

cking
He doesn't have a body and he doesn't look human. we just have a free will from him and we show emotions that is from God. that is why it says we are made in his image, a likeness in some ways.

debbiejo
We are His/Its/ body...

cking
I wouldn't count on that.

cking
I'm sorry I'm not god and I'm not from his body. he created humans different but in some ways a likeness in ways. For this says in the scripture that he is totally different from humans in every way. God didn't have to create Adam from the ground He could have created him out of nothing just like the rest of the universe. When God said, "let their be light." light came on from nothing. Did you every hear God works in mysterious ways that is so mysterious that me and you will never understand. God is mysterious in every way.

debbiejo
We are created in His/It's image...Totally the same...We are the same essence.

sonnet
Originally posted by XxoooxX
If god has a body why does he? he created us in his own immage. so why does he need to look like us?

God does not have a body. He is a spirit being and the Bible teaches of the God Trinity who is God the Farther, the Holy Spirit and the Son Jesus.

We are Body , soul, and spirit thus also a type of trinity. That is the image we share with God.

finti
first prove the existence of a god before saying what this god have and doesnt have

Jury
The question concerns Christianity... and for Christians who only believe in the existence of God.

So as a Christian, I believe that God created man in His own image. Yes. Before, the man (the first man) has an"image" similar to God. Not physically... not mentally... but spiritually. The first men (couple) was created in the likeness of God... and also of the angels...

And what is this "image" common to God, the angels, and first man?

Being HOLY and BLAMELESS.

But because man committed sin when they disobeyed the commandments of God, they were "disconnected" from the Holiness of God. So, God required all men to return to Him to have the right again to be HOLY and BLAMELESS. This can be done THROUGH Christ.

sonnet
Originally posted by finti
first prove the existence of a god before saying what this god have and doesnt have
O Finti, this argument of "proving god's existence" is like playing tennis. The ball will be hit back and forth. God does exist. We do not need to prove Him. The proof is all around us.

Storm
The initial burden of proof lies with the theist. The ball will only be hit back and forth because the theist cannot provide that support.

Jury
A blind will never see a thing.

Storm
And who among us are blinded...

finti
lamest proof Ive ever seen, but since were gonna play tennis with lame arguments ............... god does not exist, no need to prove the non existing, proof that there doesnt exist a god is all around us

and the fool wont understand him/her being fooled

WindDancer

This would be more of Metaphysical debate. And here is what I think. If God does have a physical body then he is most likely to be mortal. But since God has been given the attribution of all powerful therefore he is surronded by his own energy. And since energy can be readily transformed from one form into another I would assume that God can manifest himself in different forms. However this can't be tested nor proven with facts. We can only speculate the physical properties of God. I wish I had taken Kabbalah studies. Now those guys can really get into the God/Energy/and Metaphysics.

cking
Like I said before God works in mysterious ways. God didn't say I will make man from my big toe or eve from my wrist. God didn't create humans from his body. He created them from dirt, really out of nothing. God can create things from nothing. He creates souls for humans, one for a different person. When God says a word to create, it will be created. God didn't have to create man from the dirt. He could have created them from garbage. The bible didn't really say how exactly the universe was created, he just said the word then it appeared from nowhere. The is why God works in mysterious ways, it would be so hard to understand. If God wanted humans to know how exactly the universe was created he would have said it in genesis, but he didn't because this isn't any of our business. We only what he said and then it was created and so it was created by his word. Job wanted to know alot about God's ways but he was severely tested by God himself with too many questions about how everything was created. Job quickly realized he wasn't God and he knew so little. Trying to explain this would be like trying to explain way dogs chase cats and how a human really thinks, only God knows these, we only know the things that are right in front of our faces.

sonnet
Originally posted by Storm
The initial burden of proof lies with the theist. The ball will only be hit back and forth because the theist cannot provide that support.

As I said the proof is all around us. It is in the intelligent design of everything around us. Open your eyes and you'll see the fingerprints of God all around us and in us. Our very existence proves the existence of a creator.
Further more the design of the Bible is a miracle. Written over 1500 years by different writers, yet every book in the Bible is consistent in its message. These books include prophesy, history, poetry, and theology. Despite their complexity, differences in writing styles and vast time periods, the books in the Bible are still miraculously well in theme, facts and cross referencing. No humans could have planned such a combination of books over 1500 years. The dead sea scrolls contain all the books of the Old Testament except for Esther and have been dated to before the time of Christ.There are 24,000+ New Testament manuscripts, the earliest dating within 24 years after Christ.
The Bible also validates it Divine authorship through fulfilled prophesies. 668 Prophesies has been fulfilled and none ever proven false. Look at the prophesy in Daniel 9:25. Written 500 years before the birth of Jesus Christ ( the oldest preserved copy dating 200 years before the birth of Christ) it foretells the day Christ would enter Jerusalem. It states 69 weeks of years (69 x7=483 years) would pass from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem until the coming of the Messiah. According to the Babylonian calender as Daniel was written in Babylon after the fall of Jerusalem. Thus 483 years x 360 days = 173,880 days. According to the records found by Sir Henry Creswicke Rawlinson in the Shushan (Susa) Palace and confirmed by Nehemia 2:1 this decree was on March 14th 445 BC, by Artaxerxes Longimanus. Exactly 173,880 days later 32 AD, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey (Fulfilling the prophesy in Zechariah 9:9. Four days later Jesus was crucified, the form of his death and even His last words were foretold in Psalm 22. As Jury said You must be blind not to see the evidence around you!!!

cking
so true!

cking
don't worry about evil men they will continue to get worse everyday and the righteous will grow more righteous day by day. Evil people will continue to be blind until they open their hearts to believe what is true and the truth will set you free. many people wanted to know why Jesus explains things in parables, this is the reason, When He was alone with the twelve, those were around him asked him about the parables. He answered him, "the secret of the kingdom of God has been granted to you, but to those outside, everything come to parables so that they may look and look, yet not perceive they may listen and listen, yet not understand, otherwise they might turn back and be forgiven." A person will never understand these topics if they don't believe and Jesus mentions this to all of us and how would a unbeliever ever understand the bible if they don't believe? If they would believe they would understand and come back and be forgiven. That is why the Pharisees never understood because they would never believe.

debbiejo
Originally posted by WindDancer
This would be more of Metaphysical debate. And here is what I think. If God does have a physical body then he is most likely to be mortal. But since God has been given the attribution of all powerful therefore he is surronded by his own energy. And since energy can be readily transformed from one form into another I would assume that God can manifest himself in different forms. However this can't be tested nor proven with facts. We can only speculate the physical properties of God. I wish I had taken Kabbalah studies. Now those guys can really get into the God/Energy/and Metaphysics.

Such a good reply...And Good thought......Kabbalah....Hmmmmm....

PrinceofBlades

If the trinity is true, than the body of God looks much like his greatest creation...

cking
God is not a mortal being as us, he is a spirit and he is immortal

Imlistening
he doesn't have to be a spirit to be immortal, he can be flesh and bone, and no blood.

finti
just trough faith not trough facts

again, just to the faithful and believers of its tales

just that they really dont know when this jesus dude was born though, out of the stories of jesus birth it sure couldnt be around december and they aint sure about the year so that exactly 173,880 days later 32 ad aint all that exact at all.
Excavation on the Greek island of Crete unfolded various societies with their mythological beliefs, just because mythological beliefs have been written down doesnt make them true, just like the dead sea scrolls just make the bible more true. Its just an archaeological find that document the tales of the book and describing life in and around that area trough that period of time, and it seems that they just slip out the things they want you to know about the scrolls. And you can ask yourself what is it with the 4th cave scrolls why there has been a lack of access to the scrolls found there

cking
Not not exactly, God clearly says He is not like a human, doesn't think like a human, and doesn't look like a human.

finti
and this so called god says that where, too whom and substantial proof of it

Storm
Originally posted by sonnet
Exactly 173,880 days later 32 AD, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey (Fulfilling the prophesy in Zechariah 9:9. Four days later Jesus was crucified, the form of his death and even His last words were foretold in Psalm 22.
As for Jesus' birth and death, the exact dates are unclear. Few, if any, scholars claim to know either the year or the date of his birth or of his death.

Brief timeline of Jesus of important years from empirical sources.
6 BC/BCE: Suggested birth (earliest).
4 BC/BCE: Herod' s death.
AD 6/6 CE: Suggested birth (latest).
26/27: Pilate appointed Judea governor.
27: Suggested death (earliest).
36: Suggested death (latest).
36/37: Pilate removed from office.

sonnet
just trough faith not trough facts

again, just to the faithful and believers of its tales

just that they really dont know when this jesus dude was born though, out of the stories of jesus birth it sure couldnt be around december and they aint sure about the year so that exactly 173,880 days later 32 ad aint all that exact at all.
Excavation on the Greek island of Crete unfolded various societies with their mythological beliefs, just because mythological beliefs have been written down doesnt make them true, just like the dead sea scrolls just make the bible more true. Its just an archaeological find that document the tales of the book and describing life in and around that area trough that period of time, and it seems that they just slip out the things they want you to know about the scrolls. And you can ask yourself what is it with the 4th cave scrolls why there has been a lack of access to the scrolls found there

You are so blinded by your own opinion that you will never see the evidence not even if it hits you in the face. You will never acknowledge it either because then you might have to admit that you were wrong and misled. And that goes to all who still are trying to deny God and Jesus' existence.

sonnet
As for Jesus' birth and death, the exact dates are unclear. Few, if any, scholars claim to know either the year or the date of his birth or of his death.

Brief timeline of Jesus of important years from empirical sources.
6 BC/BCE: Suggested birth (earliest).
4 BC/BCE: Herod' s death.
AD 6/6 CE: Suggested birth (latest).
26/27: Pilate appointed Judea governor.
27: Suggested death (earliest).
36: Suggested death (latest).
36/37: Pilate removed from office.

My information comes from historical and archaelogical studies and calculations and not from people trying desperately to discredit the Bible. There are many other archaeological finds and excavations that prove many aspects of the peolple mentioned in the Bible.

finti
says the one who is so blinded by your faith that you wont look into the possibilities that it might not be so at all roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
since this coming from one who clings to a mythology that there are no substantial evidence to back it up with makes what you said here plain stupid

glad you think you have monopoly on the actual truth, so you just hang in their in your little world of delusion

Like King David and Moses?

Storm

sonnet
Chronologists are people desperately trying to discredit the bible? Jesus year of birth wouldn' t have been problematic if the Gospels didn' t offer two accounts that are incompatible. Not to mention the exact date which is even more problematic. Calculation of Jesus' date of death is complicated by apparent inconsistencies in the reports in the Synoptic Gospels as compared to the Gospel of John.
I never said they used the gospels as reference for the calculation of the dates. They used for example prophesies of the Old Testament,( of which 668 have been proven to be fulfilled, not just biblical but also concerning the history of Israel, ) and actual historical events.

sonnet
says the one who is so blinded by your faith that you wont look into the possibilities that it might not be so at all roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
since this coming from one who clings to a mythology that there are no substantial evidence to back it up with makes what you said here plain stupid.

glad you think you have monopoly on the actual truth, so you just hang in their in your little world of delusion.

Like King David and Moses?

The whole meaning of faith is that you do not have doubts about it so if I were searching for other possibilities it maent that I did not have faith to begin with.
You still base your objections on your own opinion.

There are many others for instance the Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser, a seven foot, four sided pillar of basalt that describes the victories of King Shalmaneser III of Assyria. Dated to about 841BC, the Obelisk was discovered in the ancient palace of Nimrud and Shows Israel's King Jehu kneeling before the Asyyrian king in tribute (2 Kings 9-10).

Storm
Critical exegetes are generally agreed that certain prophecies, such as Jesus' prophecy of the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem, were inserted into the text after the fact.

Jury
The proof that God exists is that finti's loving wife and their healthy daughter exist and become a part of his life.

finti
and you think you dont

one can still have faith yet be open to other possibilities, to deny them though is blind faith

first off she aint my wife second that is proof of life and the cycle life has, not the existence of any god

Capt_Fantastic
Of course he has a body. The church mass produces waffer thin slices of it and we consume it during services.

finti
so god is a cracker............ritz

debbiejo
God is a cracker..... laughing out loud

XxoooxX
Originally posted by cking
I'm sorry I'm not god and I'm not from his body. he created humans different but in some ways a likeness in ways. For this says in the scripture that he is totally different from humans in every way. God didn't have to create Adam from the ground He could have created him out of nothing just like the rest of the universe. When God said, "let their be light." light came on from nothing. Did you every hear God works in mysterious ways that is so mysterious that me and you will never understand. God is mysterious in every way.

God works in mysterious ways laughing Thats just another excuse to keep the religon going. Now days god couldin't exist is he didint work in mysterious ways laughing

That was made up when you cristians couldin't explain everything. You just made up God works in mysterious ways laughing laughing laughing laughing

debbiejo
It's because he's a cracker.

cking
oh yes! God surely works in mysterious was especially in believers lives. We don't make stuff up, These words come from God and him only. If anyone denies Jesus has already condemned themselves. For it says: "Therefore, everyone who will acknowledge me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my father in heaven. But whoever denies me before men, I will also deny him before my father in heaven. "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on the rock. The rain fell, the river rose, and the winds blew and pounded the house. Yet it didn't collapse, because its foundation was on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and doesn't act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the rivers rose, the rivers rose, the winds blew and pounded that house, and it collapsed. And it's collapse was great!" Jesus says if you continue to deny the righteous ones who will give you away to the truth, then you have already denied Jesus and yourself. Since people don't believe this, they don't understand and if they continue to not believe they will never understand. This is what Jesus says:you will listen and listen, yet not understand: and you will look and look, yet not perceive. For this people's heart has grown callous; their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; otherwise they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn back and I would cure them. Jesus says this because people will listen but won't believe and they won't understand, if they would only believe they would understand and would come back to Jesus and be forgiven. That is why Jesus did most of his teaching in parables. It sure wouldn't be funny when a unbeliever dies and comes before the throne of God and will have to answer questions, on why couldn't accept his son jesus? Everyone is accountable of his or her actions and they will have to explain to God why.

XxoooxX
Not not exactly, God clearly says He is not like a human, doesn't think like a human, and doesn't look like a human.

In the begining of the bible is spesificly says. And I creeated man in my own immage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

cking
in a likeness but not an exact of him.

XxoooxX
oh yes! God surely works in mysterious was especially in believers lives. We don't make stuff up, These words come from God and him only. If anyone denies Jesus has already condemned themselves. For it says: "Therefore, everyone who will acknowledge me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my father in heaven. But whoever denies me before men, I will also deny him before my father in heaven. "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on the rock. The rain fell, the river rose, and the winds blew and pounded the house. Yet it didn't collapse, because its foundation was on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and doesn't act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the rivers rose, the rivers rose, the winds blew and pounded that house, and it collapsed. And it's collapse was great!" Jesus says if you continue to deny the righteous ones who will give you away to the truth, then you have already denied Jesus and yourself. Since people don't believe this, they don't understand and if they continue to not believe they will never understand. This is what Jesus says:you will listen and listen, yet not understand: and you will look and look, yet not perceive. For this people's heart has grown callous; their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; otherwise they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn back and I would cure them. Jesus says this because people will listen but won't believe and they won't understand, if they would only believe they would understand and would come back to Jesus and be forgiven. That is why Jesus did most of his teaching in parables. It sure wouldn't be funny when a unbeliever dies and comes before the throne of God and will have to answer questions, on why couldn't accept his son jesus? Everyone is accountable of his or her actions and they will have to explain to God why.

Someone perfict wouldin't work in mysterous Ways!!!!!!!! mad

XxoooxX
He would make everything perfict

cking
why have emotions from him, such as sadness,happiness,and anger. He what it says in Isaiah: surely you know. surely you heard. The lord is the God who lives forever. He created the world. He does not become tired or need rest. No one can understand how great his wisdom is. The lord gives strength to those who are tired. He gives more power to those who are weak. Even boys become tired and need rest. Even young men trip and fall. But the people who trust in the lord will become strong again. they will be able to rise up as an eagle in the sky. They will run without needing rest. They will walk without becoming tired.

XxoooxX
and logic

cking
Oh yes he can he is God almighty! He does what pleases himself, he will not give glory to another.

cking
God only gives humans the ability to understand somethings but not all. If God really wanted us to understand somethings, he will but somethings are just too much for us to understand.

XxoooxX
God only gives humans the ability to understand somethings but not all. If God really wanted us to understand somethings, he will but somethings are just too much for us to understand.

Just another stupid excuse you cristians make up on the spot to prove you are right.

If your god is rilly the way you tell me he is he is the rudest god in existance. and selfish jelous. He is not perfict!@!!!!

cking
nope maybe you are the are the ignorant one who knows nothing of what is going to happen to the unbelievers of the world. blinded by the devil himself to only believe in the worldly things and side with him and be against Christ. Since you don't believe you will never understand. No offense, but I'm saying what is true from God what will happen to the hard hearted people.

cking
you don't understand how much Jesus loves you and wants to forgive you. You don't understand the love of God.

XxoooxX
nope maybe you are the are the ignorant one who knows nothing of what is going to happen to the unbelievers of the world. blinded by the devil himself to only believe in the worldly things and side with him and be against Christ. Since you don't believe you will never understand. No offense, but I'm saying what is true from God what will happen to the hard hearted people.

I have belived in god and the devil before. I hade faith but I got to thinking out side of the box.

You cristians only think about what fits in Your boxes. that is not to the right way to think

XxoooxX
You are taught to only belive things that you are told. And to never question the religon.

I am on nither side Not god or the devil. they can both go screw themselves.

cking
No, you still don't get, do you? I believe the things Jesus says not mans. And so we do what Jesus does. We don't think of ourselves but God only and it is only about him. man's wisdom is corrupt and evil like Satan but God's is great and full of blesses, while Satan's is full of curses. I wouldn't be saying evil things like that. That is pure evil and wrong.

debbiejo
People are taught not to question......not at all.

cking
You unbelievers think of only what your evil heart desires, why we think of God's desires that will help and give us hope.

debbiejo
You unbelievers think of only what your evil heart desires, why we think of God's desires that will help and give us hope.

Why do you think I have an evil heart??????

cking
Did you know that every knee will bow down and proclaim that Jesus is God from heaven, earth, and under the earth, for it says in the bible.

cking
when that time comes it will happen.

cking
No! I'm talking to unbelievers. you are a believer, because I have read several forums.

cking
you are catholic right? My mom use to be catholic.

debbiejo
Who are you talking to?

cking
I was talking to the guy who was trying to talk to this guy who was trying bad stuff about GOD and not believing in Jesus. I simply told him what happen to such people. He got mad for not reason.

cking
Kept saying it all wrong and he left.

debbiejo
Kept saying it all wrong and he left.

Oh....on pms then...

cking
He really never understood because He didn't want to believe. He thought it was just another fairy tale like some people think it is.

WindDancer
cking gather your thoughts and put them into a post. Any personal messages use the pm option.

PrinceofBlades
He really never understood because He didn't want to believe. He thought it was just another fairy tale like some people think it is.

sounds like finiti...

debbiejo
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
sounds like finiti...

Yes it does fairy tales and all. Maybe that's who he pm'ed with.

cking
no it wasn't him, finiti wouldn't get made that way.

XxoooxX
why have emotions from him, such as sadness,happiness,and anger. He what it says in Isaiah: surely you know. surely you heard. The lord is the God who lives forever. He created the world. He does not become tired or need rest. No one can understand how great his wisdom is. The lord gives strength to those who are tired. He gives more power to those who are weak. Even boys become tired and need rest. Even young men trip and fall. But the people who trust in the lord will become strong again. they will be able to rise up as an eagle in the sky. They will run without needing rest. They will walk without becoming tired.

Dude emotions are just chemicals to help us cirvive to make us react the right way to situations to keep our species going. It is natural!!! emotions are nothing but chemicals.

XxoooxX
in a likeness but not an exact of him.

so he could look like a ape?

XxoooxX

I am far from evil

I don't steal or steel. kill and purposly hert people, I am far form selfish, and I am happy with my life I don't need a god.

XxoooxX
Hay you guys I am not mad at anyone. We are just talking. I am not on my computer 100 % of the time.

finti
exept that it is the understanding instead of the lack of it that makes me a nonbeliever

and if you open your eyes from that black and white picture of the world, and started to look at it without eyeflaps you might get a reality shock

debbiejo

and if you open your eyes from that black and white picture of the world, and started to look at it without eyeflaps you might get a reality shock

That's a scary place.......tv_horror

finti
better to know whats out there than live in a box

debbiejo
True, true.......I had to get a bigger box.....It's adorable.

Jury
first off she aint my wife second that is proof of life and the cycle life has, not the existence of any god
Well, she's still the mother of your child.

And LIFE is God.

finti
there is a difference to be a mother of my child and my wife ...........................big difference.
And you can make YOUR life god all you want, my life though is mine

sonnet
Critical exegetes are generally agreed that certain prophecies, such as Jesus' prophecy of the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem, were inserted into the text after the fact.

As I said, desperate people trying to discredit the Bible. The irony is that they are fighting a losing battle and it will always be that way. Because you cannot fight the Truth!

finti
you dont know the truth

sonnet
you dont know the truth

Your opinion! big grin

finti
same goes for your knowledge of the alleged truth

XxoooxX
Originally posted by debbiejo
True, true.......I had to get a bigger box.....It's adorable.

I dont have a box anymore I cut myself out and threw it away Happy Dance

XxoooxX
sad embarrasment stick out tongue smile big grin eek! laughing Happy Dance

XxoooxX
these smilies are fun

WindDancer
XxooxX do not post ANYMORE pointless posts again. This is a warning. Do not disrupt the topic again.

WD

Jury
there is a difference to be a mother of my child and my wife ...........................big difference.
And you can make YOUR life god all you want, my life though is mine
OKay. Well, she's the mother of your child.

Do you own your life?

finti
yes I own my life

markie
If god has a body why does he? he created us in his own immage. so why does he need to look like us? There is no my god your god, there's just God, but I know what you mean. No he doesn't, Jesus had a body but Jesus wasn't God.He had the spirit of God, that was God but Jesus was not God, the spirit inside him was.

debbiejo
The Spirit inside of everyone is also part of God. Jesus just realized it.

sonnet
yes I own my life

That is right and when you stand before God one day it is for this life that you own that you will have to stand in judgement for.

markie
first prove the existence of a god before saying what this god have and doesnt have How do you think you got here? Do you think you created yourself?

Imperial_Samura
In the Old Testament, back in the Garden of Eden, did God walk around with Adam or something? (been a while since I have read it so...)

markie
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
In the Old Testament, back in the Garden of Eden, did God walk around with Adam or something? (been a while since I have read it so...) In Genesis chapter 3 after adam sinned it says God was walking in the garden but I think that is a metaohor.

finti
i didnt creat my self no, but neither did any god.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
In the Old Testament, back in the Garden of Eden, did God walk around with Adam or something? (been a while since I have read it so...)

God walked with Adam in the cool of the evening.

finti
hand in hand?

Jackie Malfoy
For what I understand is that there god is a spirt since he dead for us and is in heaven.So no I do not think that god does have a body.Inleast that is what I understand.JM

markie
The initial burden of proof lies with the theist. The ball will only be hit back and forth because the theist cannot provide that support. Do you think everything just happened?

svnthdysthsbbth
Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the HAIR of his HEAD like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

This verse sounds like he has a head and hair and we were fashioned in his image at creation. Other scriptures speak of his hands.

PRAISE THE LORD !!!

markie
I `don't think those are literal, those were visions.

finti
just as it is with pink elephants

debbiejo
Originally posted by svnthdysthsbbth
Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the HAIR of his HEAD like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

This verse sounds like he has a head and hair and we were fashioned in his image at creation. Other scriptures speak of his hands.
PRAISE THE LORD !!!

Visions are generally symbolic, not literal...

But it could also have to do with this...

http://skeptically.org/bible/id9.html

Incense in public worship..

mysparrow
Originally posted by Jury
The question concerns Christianity... and for Christians who only believe in the existence of God.

So as a Christian, I believe that God created man in His own image. Yes. Before, the man (the first man) has an"image" similar to God. Not physically... not mentally... but spiritually. The first men (couple) was created in the likeness of God... and also of the angels...

And what is this "image" common to God, the angels, and first man?

Being HOLY and BLAMELESS.

But because man committed sin when they disobeyed the commandments of God, they were "disconnected" from the Holiness of God. So, God required all men to return to Him to have the right again to be HOLY and BLAMELESS. This can be done THROUGH Christ. Well said Jury

elroar
Yes, the Christian God has a body. That body is Jesus Christ, God in the flesh. Jesus existed in the beginning with God because Jesus is God. Don't try to figure it out. The three divine persons are God, father, son, holy spirit. All are one and God. Jesus said before Abraham, I am. He also said whoever sees me sees the Father.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.