Did anyone else think Padme's belly looked rediclously small for having twis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
One thing that I thought was not really believable was how small her belly was... if the movie (in story terms) was only over a spread of a few days, maybe a week at the most.... in the beginning she wasn't that visible, and yet she was carrying twins? Her belly should've been a lot bigger. That just wasn't believable enough for me. I can understand they wouldn't want to make her look rediculously big either, but I thought it should have been somewhere in between.

kalsemo
ooops

DeVi| D0do
It was fine.

kalsemo
I'm guessing her delivery was premature, brought on my her grief.... at least that might explain why her belly was so small.... Bu how far long would she have been though at that point? In the beginning of the film she looks barely pregnant, and the events in the emovie supposedly happened over a few days.... I still think something was amiss..... and when the babies caae out they looked normal sized, not like preemies or anything....

ickeris2003
I believe GL didnt put that much effort in that part. But its true she looked very weird with a very small belly.

Ani's Girl
It sounded to me from the dialog that they may have only taken the babies because she was dying. Would make sense for the smaller belly, but the babies should have been smaller if that were the case. I just felt like they have all this technology and nobody knew she was pregnant with twins???

ickeris2003
Good Point thumb up

Echuu
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I just felt like they have all this technology and nobody knew she was pregnant with twins???

Still; you have to keep in mind that she is a Senator and Anakin is a Jedi. I don't think they are going to want to be trying to find out too much about the babies because of the risk of someone finding out about their secret.

Ani's Girl
Good point as well Echuu

kalsemo
So is that why you only see her in scenes where she is just hanging around their swanky pad? Except perhaps for Anikan's return and her flight to Mustafar, you don't see her much elsewhere except in their apartment... was she avoiding public appearance simply b/c she was pregnant?????

matreid
I beleive she was trying to cover up somewhat.

Ani's Girl
I thought she would have a larger role in this movie as well (more screen time if you will). I also think that she went from being this seeminly strong woman to someone who was pretty wimpy in this film (overall). That annoyed me, mostly because it seemed like a huge character change.

Mandos
She was there to add boring scenes in the movie. Too much action would have been....

Ken Kenobi
I thought she would have a larger role in this movie as well (more screen time if you will). I also think that she went from being this seeminly strong woman to someone who was pretty wimpy in this film (overall). That annoyed me, mostly because it seemed like a huge character change.

What'd you want her to do? Go charging into battle, risking the life of her unborn baby?

She was pregnant, there is not much a pregnant woman can do in an action film.

Hell, if Lucas had thrown her into battle, he would probably get sued by some women for "endangering a child or implying that it's ok for women to fight when they are knocked up".

Lana
You guys don't seem to realize that not every woman gets huge while pregnant.

Mandos
I've just learn something today, Lana.

Lana
Wow, you seriously didn't know that?

There are women who can go their whole term while barely showing, while others will look like they're carrying quadruplets when it's only one baby. Padme apparently was one of those women who doesn't show too much.

ickeris2003
I didn't know that Lana!!! good point

Lana
Wow, I thought you guys would have known that laughing out loud

Well, that clears this up!

Ani's Girl
I didn't expect her to go into battle, but she could have done other things, maybe voiced her opinions on what was happening in the senate, more interaction with Obi Wan, whatever.

Darth Plagueis
She was supposed to have a scene with Mon Mothma and others that would have been a nod to the eventual formation of the rebellion...

chubbychipmunk
i was surprised they didn't show like HOW she got pregenant... no i'm not really because, c'mon it's star wars they can't have sex scenes

chubbychipmunk
like you'd think people would see them making out n' stuff lol

Ani's Girl
I wouldn't mind watching how they got pregnant, LOL!!

Sorry, serious again...

Darth Plagueis
I wouldn't mind watching how they got pregnant, LOL!!

Sorry, serious again... Stop that, you!
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ani's Girl
Forgive me Master....

Darth Plagueis
laughing

chubbychipmunk
hahaha they showed his sixpack though hehehe smile

Ani's Girl
Yep, enjoyed the no shirt, just Jedi robes deal after the dream...

Darth Plagueis
Gah!! And I never got to see any SW wet t-shirt contests!!
Wait, that sounds sexist...

Ani's Girl
There was that chic on her way up the stairs before that performance thing where Palps tells Anakin that they have found Grievous. She had a Jennifer Lopez type dress barely covering the b00bs on...

Darth Plagueis
WHAT?? Gotta go check that on my boot...er, back at the theater....

Ani's Girl
It's just a quick flash, but the dress is very similar.

Darth Travizzle
You know..... I didn't care. Natalie Portman is hot, and that's all that matters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.