Prophecy Fulfilled?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ani's Girl
I had posted this in another thread, but it might be worth it's own...

In the end, doesn't Anakin bring balance to the force and defeat the Sith? In Ep I it is said that there are only 2 Sith lords. In VI, Vader kills Sidious (supposedly), then dies. Sounds like the prophecy may have been correct, just delayed by a couple of decades.

Why does it seem like it takes 20 years to build the Death Star? It's under construction at the end of III, still not "fully operational" at the beginning of IV and by that time Luke and Leia are probably at least 18 - 20, but I could be wrong.

Another little hole is Obi Wan saying he can't seem to remember owning any droids (in IV). Seems funny now after seeing I-III.

PVS
the whole idea is that anakin SHOULD have fulfulled his destiny in ep3,
but denied it instead. its all about choice and consequence, just as it was for luke in the OT.

"you must do what you feel is right, of coarse"

i guess it could be argued that anakin was predestined to kill the sith, given the prophecy and the fact he finally lived up to it...but i find that this makes a weak story.

thats what the saga is, i think. accepting and fulfilling one's destiny,
not just being a pawn of fate.

as far as the death star, the first one could have simply been built in a more casual fashion, since the empire really didnt need it right away. remember that the population was still supportive of the empire, and the rebel alliance didnt exist....not in a conspicuous way anyhow. once the need for another one was dire, they put the rush on it.

vader519
Anakin did indeed fufill the prophecy in ROTJ, when he picked up and threw Palpatine into the big windpipe.

Stealth Agent
yea yea but someone answer wth doesn't ben rexognize r2 d2. Anakin gave that droid all kinds of upgrades & loved the little bugger. Ben should atleast recgonize his name.

Gearge lucas does say he thinks episode 4 has the most mistakes in it.

PVS
and lord knows ben would NEEEEEEEEVER tell a lie

DarkYoda
Exactly... Ben Kenobi is a habitual lying son of a *****!! eek!

DeVi| D0do
He's just telling it how it is... from a certain point of view... wink

Or he's just a compulsive liar...

p. skywalker
I don't think he wanted to connect himself that close to anakin in front of luke...Atleast thats one way to think of it.......he might of thought that if luke found out that droid was ever anakin's that he might have tried to reverse the mind wipe(if thats possible) he didn't want luke to find out his father chose the darkside..

Next Venom_girl
He did bring "Balance to the Force" in the 1st 3 movies theirs only 3 Sith and a bunch of Jedi. By the end of the 3rd movie, there's just a couple of Jedi and a couple of Sith. The numbers are evened out. evil face

p. skywalker
3 sith?...where was there ever 3 sith?

End episode I: yoda: There are always two. no more , no less, a master and an apprentice.

mace: but which was killed the master or the apprentice?

Next Venom_girl
Wait... now I've got to count evil Jedi. Who counts as a Sith and who is just "dark side?"
Sidious
Maul
Dooku
Greivous???? ("trained by Dooku"wink
Vader

DeVi| D0do
Grievous was not a Sith.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I had posted this in another thread, but it might be worth it's own...

In the end, doesn't Anakin bring balance to the force and defeat the Sith? In Ep I it is said that there are only 2 Sith lords. In VI, Vader kills Sidious (supposedly), then dies. Sounds like the prophecy may have been correct, just delayed by a couple of decades.

Why does it seem like it takes 20 years to build the Death Star? It's under construction at the end of III, still not "fully operational" at the beginning of IV and by that time Luke and Leia are probably at least 18 - 20, but I could be wrong.

Another little hole is Obi Wan saying he can't seem to remember owning any droids (in IV). Seems funny now after seeing I-III.

wtf, what does the construction of the death star have anything to do with profechy fullfilled???????

DeVi| D0do
Nothing.

ArynCrinn
Sith and Dark Jedi are different things
The Sith are a cult, while dark jedi are dark side users
Someone can be a darke jedi without being a sith, and someone can be a sith without being a dark jedi

Huma
there's a difference between Dark Jedi and Sith? When did this happen? Never heard that one before.

DeVi| D0do
Dark Jedi is EU. There is no such thing in the movies.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Dark Jedi is EU. There is no such thing in the movies.

yep, Dark Jedi is only something that is said in EU.
the movies mean better about sith

Next Venom_girl
Then wouldn't that make a total of 4 Sith in the first 3 movies (Sidious, Maul, Tyranous, Vader)?

Ani's Girl
I'm not sure who Tyranous was (Dooku, maybe). In I, he said only two, never more, never less. I think that means at a time. There was Sidious and Maul, then Maul died. Then Sidious and Dooku, Dooku died. Then Sidious and Vader.

Ogami Itto
hmmm i'd say one of the main qualificatons for being a "dark Jedi" is to have been a JEDI first!!

Neutrality

Funny I don't recall Obi-Wan owning any droids? He never owned R2-D2, or C3-P0.

He's just telling it how it is from a certain point of view.

Ani's Girl
Good point, what about R4 who flew with him all the time?

Neutrality
It was owned by the Jedi Council. All Jedi Starfighters have an R4 unit.. save that of Anikan's which was modified and had R2.

Ani's Girl
I did not know that. Thank you for sharing.

darthmaul1
How dumb are some of you people? Ben didn't own any droids, and as for R2, Luke never mentioned the droids name to Ben anyway. and before anyone says it he may not recognize R2 as there are probably thousands of R2 units, It is not until R2 plays Leia's message that he relizes that it is the same droid, but what is he going to say? "Hey Luke I had some adventures with this droid and C3PO there was built by your father?" Come on...it serves no purpose to tell Luke.

Ani's Girl
I'm sorry that you think it's stupid, but if it bothers you that much, don't bother replying.

Luke did tell Ben that R2 was the reason he was there. He said something to the effect of he seems to be searching for his former master, an Obi Wan Kenobi.

C3P0 told Luke that R2 said he was the property of an Obi Wan Kenobi. That's what started the whole bloody thing.

mr_snerdly
Originally posted by darthmaul1
How dumb are some of you people? Ben didn't own any droids, and as for R2, Luke never mentioned the droids name to Ben anyway. and before anyone says it he may not recognize R2 as there are probably thousands of R2 units, It is not until R2 plays Leia's message that he relizes that it is the same droid, but what is he going to say? "Hey Luke I had some adventures with this droid and C3PO there was built by your father?" Come on...it serves no purpose to tell Luke.

I completely agree with the above analogy. Plus, some of the comments are this board amaze me. The age of each "poster" should be displayed by their name.

As for Sith and Dark Jedi....Dark Jedi may be an EU thing, but it makes sense to me. A Jedi can fall away from the order and use the Dark Side, but this does not make them a Sith. A Sith is one who uses the Dark Side and Sith Magic. When Count Dooku left the Jedi Order, even though he may or may not have used the Dark Side, he was not a Sith until Sidious trained him in the ways of the Sith. Of course Sith Magic is EU as well, but in the end it makes sense. As it was mentioned before, the Sith are more of a cult. They had vast numbers at one point, then they killed each other over power, hence the only 2 at a time rule was instituted.

darthmaul1
I'm sorry that you think it's stupid, but if it bothers you that much, don't bother replying.

Luke did tell Ben that R2 was the reason he was there. He said something to the effect of he seems to be searching for his former master, an Obi Wan Kenobi.

C3P0 told Luke that R2 said he was the property of an Obi Wan Kenobi. That's what started the whole bloody thing.

Get it right...Luke told Ben that this droid brought him out this far, he never actually said the name R2

And no shit that C3PO told Luke that R2 was looking for his former master Obi-wan Kenobi, was I disputing that? NO! This simply allows Luke to ask Ben if this Obi-wan is a relative of his.
and it's quite obvious to normal people that Leia wanted to find Obiwan so she put the message in R2 to find Obiwan. I think either R2 or Leia had the idea to say he is his former master, inorder to put more emphasis on finding him.

Ani's Girl
I didn't mean to imply that he called R2 by name. I was simply referring to R2 in the course of the conversation. In fact I believe that Luke said this little droid here.

I don't mind healthy disagreements, it's the name calling that is unnecessary. Some people on this board are just nasty for the sake of being nasty. I have not flamed or been nasty to anyone. Sadly, it happens all the time.

darthmaul1
My point is the Obi-wan never owned any droids and there is no reason why he would recognize them and if he did he still wouldn't tell Luke about them.

Ani's Girl
Like saying that Vader killed his father, it was a twist of the truth. In a way, Anakin did die when Vader took over. I guess the droid thing was the same way. You have a good point; there was no reason to tell Luke even when he did realize who R2D2 was (if he realized it was the same droid at all).

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by vader519
Anakin did indeed fufill the prophecy in ROTJ, when he picked up and threw Palpatine into the big windpipe.
EXACTLY, EXACTLY! I mean, come on. You can't argue with this guy! nvm. It's from a klaymation on flashplayer.

darthmaul1
Like saying that Vader killed his father, it was a twist of the truth. In a way, Anakin did die when Vader took over. I guess the droid thing was the same way. You have a good point; there was no reason to tell Luke even when he did realize who R2D2 was (if he realized it was the same droid at all).

I think he did realize it was the same droid, once R2 finished playing the message, he gave a look to R2 as if holy shit this is the same droid.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Grievous was not a Sith.
Greivous was a General who was trained how to use a lightsaber.

b-dan
thses poast i think are pathectic cuz one anikan dose bring blance to the force everyone knows that god you make me sad!!!! sad

DarthSidiouss
look okay? in ep4 c3p0 says his last master was captain antilles,remember at the end of ep3 bail organa said that the two droids must get cleaned up and have their memory erased. he also said that they are in the hands of captain antilles. thats why c3po didnt know.r2 knew because leia recorded the message.it is not a mistake you guys simply misthaught about it.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
look okay? in ep4 c3p0 says his last master was captain antilles,remember at the end of ep3 bail organa said that the two droids must get cleaned up and have their memory erased. he also said that they are in the hands of captain antilles. thats why c3po didnt know.r2 knew because leia recorded the message.it is not a mistake you guys simply misthaught about it.

Only 3po's memory was wiped, and what are you talking about in the rest of your statement? c3po didn't know what? of what r2 was going on about finding obiwan? c3po wasn't there when leia recorded her message. i think you are a little muddled up in your statement

DarthSidiouss
?? r2 was told by leia to go find obi-wan!

darthmaul1
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
?? r2 was told by leia to go find obi-wan!

CORRECT!

Robin Darkside
ok, Obiwan never owned any droids, R2 never had his mind erased, but it was ok, cause R2 only does his job without question, he doesn't yap all the time like 3P0, so it was safe to not erase R2's memory.
R2 claiming to be the property of Obiwan kenobi was only said because R2 didn't want Luke thinking that he owns him, and it makes it easier to find Obiwan because he needs to give the messege.

I find it funny that R2 didn't reconize the place where Owen and Beru lived on tattoine. In EP II, R2 was around. in EP IV, R2 didn't reconize Owen and Beru,or the land. maybe he did but just didn't say anything because hes got an important mission.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
ok, Obiwan never owned any droids, R2 never had his mind erased, but it was ok, cause R2 only does his job without question, he doesn't yap all the time like 3P0, so it was safe to not erase R2's memory.
R2 claiming to be the property of Obiwan kenobi was only said because R2 didn't want Luke thinking that he owns him, and it makes it easier to find Obiwan because he needs to give the messege.

I find it funny that R2 didn't reconize the place where Owen and Beru lived on tattoine. In EP II, R2 was around. in EP IV, R2 didn't reconize Owen and Beru,or the land. maybe he did but just didn't say anything because hes got an important mission.

maybe he did recognize the place, but didn't want to say anything to 3po as he would just say hes nuts anyway. and it would serve no purpose for him to say anything. What's he going to do get 3po to translate that he was here with lukes father ect. ect.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by darthmaul1
maybe he did recognize the place, but didn't want to say anything to 3po as he would just say hes nuts anyway. and it would serve no purpose for him to say anything. What's he going to do get 3po to translate that he was here with lukes father ect. ect.

if R2 said something about his father to 3P0, then Luke would know something about his mothers death, and how his father was at one point

Captain REX
All part of shielding Luke from knowing that his father is Darth Vader before he is ready to know. Obi-Wan says he doesn't remember owning any droids...well, he's right! R2 wasn't his, and those other astromechs were property of the Jedi Order. Just a point of view thing, to keep Luke from knowing, as are all his other 'point of view' things. He's not lying, he's just being mysterious. It's what old hermits do. stick out tongue

AmrothSkywalker
That's the only reasonable explanation. But the real reason is that GL screwed up stuff in the prequels for the OT. There's alot of stuff that doesn't make sense like Padme and Leia and Obi-wan and the droids. truth is Lucas didn't plan this stuff when he was making the OT and then wanted to have some fun and kinda screwed up the OT with the prequels.

darthmaul1
If you think about it Padme and Leia make sence... she was told about her real mother by Bail and his wife and mostlikely had pictures of her. thats where her memories came from.
as for Obi-wan and the Droids that makes perfect sence too.... Obi-wan never owned any droids, there are probably thousands of astromech and protical droids like R2 and 3po so there would be no reason why he would recognize them. and even if he did what's he going to tell Luke?
Hey this doid was with me and your father and 3po there was actually built by your father?
don't think so it serves no purpose to tell him.
It's not until R2 finishes playing Leia's message that Obi-wan gives R2 a look as if Holy shit it's the same droid.

General Zodiac
C3PO had his mind whipped.

vader1
Also a funny thing is that Leia said her mother was sad, which was shown. In ep.III she was sorta crying when she told obi wan that theres still good in him (Anakin).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.