Is Padme to blame?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dgeniu
A friend of mine keeps blaming Padme for Anakin`s transformation to the Dark Side. Her arguments are that if it hadn`t been for his love for her, he wouldn`t have had that faithful vision about her death, so he wouldn`t have listened to Palpatine`s advices - "the Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, manny of which are considered unnatural."

However, one cannot ignore that Anakin did not grow up in the Jedi Temple, surrounded by their teachings every minute of his life, learning how to resist love (considered one of the many paths to the Dark Side...). Anakin grew up in Mos Eisley, a teaming settlement of thugs and crimelords, an environment deprived of law, justice, therefor full of many temptations of the Dark Side. In conclusion he became accustomed to the passions of life and begun to see nothing wrong in them, especially love.

Another improtant reason is that Anakin was very loyal to his friends, more loyal than Jedi were ever allowed to be. Remember how he kept saving Obi-Wan? What if he had a vision of him dieing? "You`re the closest thing I have to a father..." Anakin shares with us. Surely cunning Paplatine would have found aother way to use this trait against him. Anakin, growing up away from the Jedi, was capable of loving. If it hadn`t been for Padme, he would have found another lover. Those were times of war. She would have somehow became endangered. He would have sacrificied himself. This is his nature. Loving and loyal. No Jedi teachings could ever deprive one of his nature.

Also, the Jedi teaching were a bit rough, a bit umberable for someone so passionate such as Anakin. By forbidding him to love, they made matters worse, added pressure. It is unimmaginable for someone who has had a loving mother and friends to suddenly dettach himself from those around, forget them, leave them to their doom. Let them die, because that is their fate and - ridiculous - be happy about it, because they transform into the Force!

dgeniu
Last, but not least, let`s not forget Palpatine, the last of the Sith Lords. Padme wasn`t his only argument for attracting young Skywalker`s attention. He also twisted the facts, interpret them in such a way that it looked as if the Jedi were evil and that they were trying to put an end to democracy and the Republic. Do you really think that if it hadn`t been for Padme, the adaptable Sith Lord would have had no influence over Anakin?

To sum things up, my theory is that the people around are mere influnces on our behavior. We are to blame for our actions, because WE choose how to act. It is not our traits who define us, but our choices. Anakin chose to ignore Obi-Wan (who trully was his friend) and listen to the sly Chancellor. Anakin chose to love Padme against the Jedi code. Anakin chose to side with the Emperor, murder the younglings, attack his mentor and his only TRUE friend. Anakin chose to strangle Padme. It was through a chain of actions for which (saddly enough)he is to blame that he caused not only Padme`s death, but his own fall.

So, this is what I think. But what do you? Is Padme to blame?

Robin Darkside
if it hadne't been for Palaptine????
What kinda bullshit could ponder, is no interest, you can get confused all you want.
If you wanna blame someone, blame Anakin, he made his own choices

dflood
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
if it hadne't been for Palaptine????
What kinda bullshit could ponder, is no interest, you can get confused all you want.
If you wanna blame someone, blame Anakin, he made his own choices

i agree .there were many things that lead it up eg palp ,padme ,obi ,mace telling him he was not a master etc but at the end of the day they were his decisions

Robin Darkside
yeppers

Eleonora
Men always blame their faults on women.

dgeniu
The friend I`m talking about is of female gender, but she`s also a big Anakin fan. So, she blames Padme for his descent...

Robin Darkside
yep, its all Padmes fault,
she told Anakin she loved him, when she taught they were going to die on Geonosis, and Anakin said "I thought that we decided not to love"
and sor forth......
Padme "Well, if our lifes are going to be destroyed anyway"
man, its all her fault, cant control herself, and figures they wont survive.
Come on, she under estimated the Jedi (Anakin and Obiwan).
Man, its all her fault

Ani's Girl
I wouldn't have been able to control myself around him either wink

Robin Darkside
man, she sucks, its all her fault, Anakin knew, but she didn;t

Robin Darkside
Still, Palpy would have corrupted Anakins mind even without the Padme effect
Anakin did search for a life of significance, conscience, the guy wanted it all in the beginning. Even when he was a slave, he always wanted more.
Although, Anakin never was the first to see all the stars???

Ani's Girl
I agree, coming from a slave background didn't help him any...

dgeniu
What if Padme would have fallen for Yoda?? eek!

Ani's Girl
Ugly, ugly babies....

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
Ugly, ugly babies....

well lets have some nice one Ani's girl

Wickerman
Originally posted by dgeniu

no expression "I think i just had an evilgasm "

~wickerman~

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Eleonora

yea....whatever you say there..

Ani's Girl
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
well lets have some nice one Ani's girl

1. I'm through having babies
2. Anakin is the jealous type and would probably Force choke the both of us

chubbychipmunk
omg i about fainted in the theater whenever anakin kissed lol i fell in love with him

preysin
Originally posted by dgeniu

naaaaaaaasty laughing rolling on floor laughing sick

Ani's Girl
Like I said earlier, ugly, ugly babies

General Zodiac
All Anakin had to do was let Mace kill Sidious then Padme' would have lived. It is her fault since Anakin would do anything to save her.

@F1
Its always the womans fault, bickering on all the time, give that man a break, he has enough to worry about, never mind been late for his dinner.

Wickerman
Originally posted by General Zodiac
All Anakin had to do was let Mace kill Sidious then Padme' would have lived. It is her fault since Anakin would do anything to save her.

*sigh* is it so hard to grasp the idea Palpatine had already been toying with Anakin's mind for years, slowly leading him to the darkside? If it weren't for the Padme dying vision, it would've been something else....Jesus....

~wickerman~

Eleonora
It's too easy to blame Padme.
Let's face it, Anakin has a weak character and he lives in a time of politics and corruption.
Luke on the other hand never has to face this corruption, everything is black or white, not horribly gray as it was for Anakin. That's why our Luke comes clean in front of the Emperor, his ideals are solid and who knows, maybe he's stronger for this reason.
Anyway, Padme is not guilty, it's a combination of events, including his haunting past.

Bishop X
Originally posted by Eleonora

Riiiighht. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robin Darkside
Woman always blame their faults on men.

its mutual, or women do so only

Eleonora
Originally posted by Bishop X
Riiiighht. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually it's the truth. I knew "certain" people wouldn't accept it.

Ani's Girl
As humans, we all tend to blame our faults on others....husbands...wives...boyfriends...girlfriends....bosses...co-workers...the other driver, you name it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.