grevious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dflood
was he over rated

i thought he would have been more powerful coz he was very powerful in clone wars

dflood
i think he was over rated

Echuu
Lucas should have had him kill Shaak Ti in the beginning of the film.

dflood
yeah he should have killed jedi .

that is what i thought he wud do , wipe out a lot of the jedi

Robin Darkside
Grivious was a man, a man of principles, roll eyes (sarcastic)
Where does the overated thing come in? F*uck I didn''t hear of him till EP III.

dflood
he was scaring all the jedi in clone wars . thats why i thought he wud be gud

Robin Darkside
not sure what a gud is, but grevious died because he had to die, like the rest of the separtists

dflood
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
not sure what a gud is

i meant good

dgeniu
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
Grivious was a man, a man of principles, roll eyes (sarcastic)
Where does the overated thing come in? F*uck I didn''t hear of him till EP III.

True. Pity we didn`t get to see more of him ... He died too fast!

Wickerman
In clone wars he did indeed kick mucho mucho ass. From what i remember he killed 4 jedi, a paddawan, a bunch of arc troopers, and a crapload of stormtroopers. He was a real kick@ss character. In Ep. III however, he was about as cool as a root canal (can't spell that stuff).

~wickerman~

matreid
He was cool! In a sucky, overated kinda way...

ickeris2003
I enjoyed watching GG in the clone war series but since he wasent able to do much in Ep III I was kind of disappointed. But it was till cool watching him in the big screen.

Wickerman
Originally posted by ickeris2003
I enjoyed watching GG in the clone war series but since he wasent able to do much in Ep III I was kind of disappointed. But it was till cool watching him in the big screen.

Agreed. But i still think he was a bit exaggerated in the toons.....being that fast and all while still sounding like a lawn mower that needs an oil job thumb down

~wickerman~

Ani's Girl
I thought he had too much screen time in III, but found his movement fascinating. I wish they would have given us a longer shot of what was under his armor/mask though. It was hard to see, even on the big screen.

Mandos
Are you kidding me. Grevious ran everytime it started to be a little difficult. Please, this mecano-alien was overated.

ickeris2003
It just occurred to me what wickerman said. Wasn't GG a little bit bigger in the Clone War Series and not in the movie? Cause I remembered he looked like 8,9 10 ft tall! I might be exaggerating but I just remembered this. Help anyone?!?

Mandos
True.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mandos
Are you kidding me. Grevious ran everytime it started to be a little difficult. Please, this mecano-alien was overated.

That was only in the movie. If you watch the toon series you'll notice EVERY time he shows up, Jedi MASTERS run away from HIM....and i mean MULTIPLE jedi masters....

As for the height thing, in the movie he's mostly always coughing and being bent down because of the coughing. (Hint: Anakin's line "I thought you'd be taller"wink

~wickerman~

Lana
Grevious was way cooler in Clone Wars....I was kinda disappointed in how wimpy he was in ROTS, and that damn cough was so annoying.

Though I recently rewatched Chapter 25 of Clone Wars, and there's a very obvious reason for the cough and his suckiness -- at the end, while Grevious is escaping with Palpatine, Mace tries to stop him and uses the Force to try and crush Grevious's organs. So it makes more sense after watching that.

Ogami Itto
There was abso-f**king-lutely NO NEED for him to be in the fim!!!what did he do for the plot?

Red Superfly
Grievous was the living embodiment of George Lucas masturbating.

Seriously, apart from relieving Lucas' tension, Grievous was such a peripheral and inconsequential character.

amity75
I thought GG would have been a total badass but he came across as a kind of bumbling joke figure and didn't really act very evil at all.

dflood
in cartoons jedi run from him
#
in film mace says gg is a coward and he was running away from ob1

Insomnia
Grevious was too much of an idiot. And did they really need another droid-like guy? Droids are so annoying...

Remember that concept sketch of what he looked like before the droidification? If he stayed like that it would have been cool.

What episode three needed was a badass pirate!

Darth Plagueis
He was cool in The Labrynth Of Evil novel and in the Clone Wars cartoons, and a total puss in Ep.3. Supposedly (as mentioned above) because of what Mace did to him at the end of the Clone Wars series.
I would have been fine with him being omitted and a little more screen time given to the Dooku duel, which was too quick and basically just tossed aside a relatively cool bad guy that had already been established in the previous movie.

terd40
gg wasnt running from obi, he was running from the army that obi brought with him. for the only non-force user to wield lightsabers and fairly well, i'm impressed he would take on a jedi alone when he had a squadran standing around. one think i dont get is why obi would jump into a bee hive alone like that, if all the droids would have opened fire, he would have been a gonner. gg was unique and cool even if you dont follow eu so you could understand who the hell this guy was.

Darth Travizzle
Ya, I think he's more powerful in the Cartoon, but maybe he's weaker because Mace Windu did that force crush on greivous' chest, maybe that's why he was a little weaker.

DeVi| D0do
Or maybe it's 'cause the cartoon is EU and not canon...

dflood
Originally posted by terd40
one think i dont get is why obi would jump into a bee hive alone like that, if all the droids would have opened fire, he would have been a gonner.

yeah good point . general grevious called him a bold one so ob1 probaly always did stuff like that

DeVi| D0do
No, silly... Obi-Wan knew the droids wouldn't kill him because he had to survive because he's in Episode IV. Duh.

dflood
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No, silly... Obi-Wan knew the droids wouldn't kill him because he had to survive because he's in Episode IV. Duh.
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Ani's Girl
Obi Wan seemed to enjoy doing things that may not necessarily have been considered all that smart. Look at him when they get on Grevious' ship. Obi Wan says he senses a trap, Anakin asks what they should do and he gets this wicked grin on his face and says "Spring the Trap!"

Jack Daniels
GG was a war genius a "general" no doubt but generals follow orders too...anyways as far as voting on poll how can you not say GG was not cool the way he handles lightsabers......that was cool

DenKi

WHY WAS HE COUGHING THEN?

And why did Windu say that Grevious is a coward and will keep running and hiding like he did in the cartoon.

use brain smile

DeVi| D0do
It doesn't matter why he coughs, or why he's a coward...

use brain

Wickerman

yeah, and TOTALLY not overseen by Lucas.....and it DOESN'T make the connection between AoTC and RoTS.....nope....not one bit....cause it's EU which is translation for "We Hate". Love the logic thumb up

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
It DOES connect AOTC and ROTS, but it's not in the film, therefore it is EU, therefore it is not canon.

Sorry... I just refuse to believe that one should have to watch a cartoon or read a book in order to understand a film. That's plain stupid.

The films are completely seperate from EU.

darht dude
If grevous pulled the
stunts he did in the clone wars

he`d beat the crap out of
obi wan

darht dude
if grevous pulled all of his sunts
in the clone wars cartoon he`d beat
the crap out of obi wan

Wickerman
It DOES connect AOTC and ROTS, but it's not in the film, therefore it is EU, therefore it is not canon.

Sorry... I just refuse to believe that one should have to watch a cartoon or read a book in order to understand a film. That's plain stupid.

I understand that, and yeah, the movies ARE separate from the Eu universe, but the EU universe sometimes complements them, adding where there should have been stuff in the movies. As for the "not needing to watch a cartoon or read a book in order to understand a film" thing, that's your opinion. I think i was 10 when i realized how movies were commercial crap that took a book, made a script out of it and either left out INCREDIBLY awesome or important parts of it, or got the story wrong, or changed stuff to make it more "appealing" to the targeted audience, etc. etc. If you enjoy reading as much as i do, you'll almost ALWAYS get a nasty churn in your stomach when you hear there's a movie being made after a book you like/love. However, this is SW....and therefore this whole thing may not apply seeing as how usually the movies are made by the books, but in this case it's the other way around.

~wickerman~

dflood
ok lets get this straight THE CLONE WARS IS NOT EU . lucas talks about it on the dvd i have and he says he was using it to fill the gap btween 2 n 3 .

Wickerman
Originally posted by dflood
ok lets get this straight THE CLONE WARS IS NOT EU . lucas talks about it on the dvd i have and he says he was using it to fill the gap btween 2 n 3 .

My impression of many (unfortunately) members of this forum: "Gah, Argh, no, Your words wound me like a thousand poisoned daggers. I shall not accept this, because i didn't like the clone wars toons so i'll just stick the ol' EU sticker on it and say it's crap.....and i didn't even watch them thumb up thumb up "

~wickerman~

dflood
agreed

General Bondius
Dont forget that at the end of the clone wars mini series Windu nearly killed GG, i think thats why in the movie he is like so weak and thats because obi-wan kills him so easy.
But he is waaaaayyy coool, and you cant rate a character only by their appearance in the movie, what would be of boba fett with out the comics and the novels?? He would be just a dude standing there with two lines and a pittyfull almost death.

Darth_Leo
I thought General Greivous was a droid, he had a heart...gross.
Still Obi wan proved you CAN die from heart burn big grin

Darthburgerking
GG was awsome I mean he walked with his cape over his face like those cheezy old movie villans, also no duh he ran from Obi and Ani who is going to stay and fight off tow jedi as good as them.

Darthburgerking
two*

DeVi| D0do
ok lets get this straight THE CLONE WARS IS NOT EU .
It is not in the movies... therefore IT IS EU!

dflood
yeah but george said they were part of the story

DeVi| D0do
A part of the EXPANDED story. wink

I'm just being an ass now. meh, I only count the movies as being the REAL story...

lotr456
I thought grevious was great but should of been more menacing. His design was really awe inspiring, I think george should of introduced him in ATOC. i might of scene it then stick out tongue stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by General Bondius
Dont forget that at the end of the clone wars mini series Windu nearly killed GG, i think thats why in the movie he is like so weak and thats because obi-wan kills him so easy.
But he is waaaaayyy coool, and you cant rate a character only by their appearance in the movie, what would be of boba fett with out the comics and the novels?? He would be just a dude standing there with two lines and a pittyfull almost death.

Try scrolling through the thread and actually reading it next time. That way you can add to the discussion. Thanks.

Darth_Leo: he also has a spine, eyes and a brain thumb up

~wickerman~

General Zodiac
Do you think Mace crushing his torso had anything to do with GG being weaker?

General Zodiac
Plus GG had to die so we all knew that would come soon.

matreid
Originally posted by General Zodiac

No, I don't think he was weaker. Just a cough. Thats all.

General Zodiac
If you had metal poking your organs that wouldn't have effected you in any way?

Wickerman
Originally posted by General Zodiac

If you scroll through this thread or read through other gen. grievous posts and threads you'll see most here don't agree that the coughing had anything to do with what Mace did, simply because they don't see the clone wars cartoons as canon....and therefore "it never happened". I for one think that YES, it was Mace's force....crush or whatever on Grievous's chest that caused both the coughing and the bending over all the time.

~wickerman~

General Zodiac
So the big battle and Palp getting kidnapped didn't happen? Metal hitting your organs wouldn't slow you down a bit?

DarkYoda
Grievous never kills anybody in the movie... and yet he is an evil villain? When we first met Darth Vader, he was force choking people to find the answers he was looking for... that was cool!! Grievous is definitely overrated!

General Zodiac
Grievous was never given a chance, unlike Vader.

DarkYoda
^George Lucas' fault!!

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Grievous never kills anybody in the movie... and yet he is an evil villain? When we first met Darth Vader, he was force choking people to find the answers he was looking for... that was cool!! Grievous is definitely overrated!

And when we first met Grievous he had defeated a batallion of clone troopers, killed two jedi masters and a paddawan, threw two more jedi masters into unconsciousness and was fighting the fifth and would have won most likely had the arc troopers not saved Ki Adi, Aayla and Shaak Ti (the two unconscious ones).

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
Grievous was an overrated Cyborg made from turds who annoyed me with his Empty threats and his irritating perpetual coughing. I shit myself with joy when Kenobi gave him a clean shot to his lungs.

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Grievous was an overrated Cyborg made from turds who annoyed me with his Empty threats and his irritating perpetual coughing. I shit myself with joy when Kenobi gave him a clean shot to his lungs.

You're a sad, yet funny, little man with this post Sorgo.... no

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
FOR ALL OF YOU THAT THINK THE GENERAL COUGHS BECAUSE OF MACE....

The reason Lucas made Grievous cough was to signify that Grievous was not 100% Droid, not because Windu choked him! Jeez.

Wickerman

The reason Lucas made Grievous cough was to signify that Grievous was not 100% Droid, not because Windu choked him! Jeez.

I'm sure you have an official source to back that statement up. reference link please smile

~wickerman~

DarkYoda

Real reason: In a video, Lucas said he thought it would be funny if he coughed all the time. Perhaps this was for the reason you mentioned in your post... to reveal that he wasn't totally a droid. It was after-the-fact that Lucas had the Clone Wars cartoon people animate Mace crushing Grievous' lungs as explanation.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Real reason: In a video, Lucas said he thought it would be funny if he coughed all the time. Perhaps this was for the reason you mentioned in your post... to reveal that he wasn't totally a droid. It was after-the-fact that Lucas had the Clone Wars cartoon people animate Mace crushing Grievous' lungs as explanation.

So what you're saying is that Lucas wanted Grievous to not be fully droid-ish, and wanted to show this, and also thought it would be funny if he were coughing. And to explain the coughing he did the whole "Mace crushing his chest" thing in the clone wars series? THAT i can understand However simply saying that the explanation given in the series is moot is ignorance.

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
So what you're saying is that Lucas wanted Grievous to not be fully droid-ish, and wanted to show this, and also thought it would be funny if he were coughing. And to explain the coughing he did the whole "Mace crushing his chest" thing in the clone wars series? THAT i can understand However simply saying that the explanation given in the series is moot is ignorance.

~wickerman~

No, not Ignorance.... This would have sounded better....

So what you're saying is that Lucas wanted Grievous to not be fully droid-ish, and wanted to show this, and also thought it would be funny if he were coughing. And to explain the coughing he did the whole "Mace crushing his chest" thing in the clone wars series? THAT i can understand However simply saying that the explanation given in the series is moot is simply showing that you think that EU is non-canon, which is 100% true!

It is pretty much Moot.

First reason being Grievous doesn't use the damn force in the movie. If GL really wanted to show the Grievous was Force Sensitive, he would have had him use the damn force at least once.

GL says on ET the reason he made Grievous cough, being that he was partially another species, not because Mace choked him!

Wickerman
No, not Ignorance.... This would have sounded better....

So what you're saying is that Lucas wanted Grievous to not be fully droid-ish, and wanted to show this, and also thought it would be funny if he were coughing. And to explain the coughing he did the whole "Mace crushing his chest" thing in the clone wars series? THAT i can understand However simply saying that the explanation given in the series is moot is simply showing that you think that EU is non-canon, which is 100% true!

It is pretty much Moot.

First reason being Grievous doesn't use the damn force in the movie. If GL really wanted to show the Grievous was Force Sensitive, he would have had him use the damn force at least once.

GL says on ET the reason he made Grievous cough, being that he was partially another species, not because Mace choked him!

get your facts straight. Mace crushed his chest, he didn't force choke him. I suggest you watch the series for once, instead of just talking like that. And i think maybe you should re-read the last few posts. Yes, Lucas may have made him cough because he wanted him to be less droid-ish, but he supervised the making of the clone wars cartoons and gave that mace thing as an explanation

~wickerman~

jango fat
He' was cool
And guys come'on he was a general not a soldier

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
get your facts straight. Mace crushed his chest, he didn't force choke him. I suggest you watch the series for once, instead of just talking like that. And i think maybe you should re-read the last few posts. Yes, Lucas may have made him cough because he wanted him to be less droid-ish, but he supervised the making of the clone wars cartoons and gave that mace thing as an explanation

~wickerman~

I made a mistake, yes he crushed his lungs, but do you ever think GL made a reason for Grievous to cough?

This does NOT change the fact that Grievous coughs so lucas can show he is not 100% droid, it gives it a beginning or an explanation as you mentioned.

Robin Darkside
yeah, grievious was sick, he would of put up a better fight with Obiwan if he was 100%

dflood
lord sorgo you should really look at the animated series .it leads right up to ep3 . it is NOT EU .

i am agreeing with what wickerman is saying . most ppl who say clone wars is eu probably havent even seen it and judge as eu , which of course is just plain ignorance

clone wars explains a lot and leads right up to ep3 .gl says ----not exact quote''since ep2 is the beginning of the war and and ep3 is the end , there was a very fertile ground in between both films to put action in ,.''

hence clone wars did that . one more time -- CLONE WARS IS NOT NOT NOT EU

maifoshis
the only reason grievous was not what everyone expected was cos he was injured. and of course there was a need for him to be in the film how can you wipe out the separatists without killing their military leader

bruthaindahood
how do u make a poll thing

dflood
grevious could not use the force and clone wars was not eu. end of story

DenKi
Its really Doing my Head in aswell with the Grevious Coughing becos of Mace,

Mace Crushed his Insides in Clone wars then in Episode 3 we see him Coughing and Kinda of Holding his Chest (So we know where the problem is why hes coughing) Anyway, George Lucas Must of Watched Clone wars when Maces crushed Grevious. Then suddenly in the Movie hes Coughing aswell? If George would of Changed somthing he would of not shown us Grevious COUGHING in Clone wars after his chest was crushed.

dflood
i think he made him coughing

THEN the makers of the clone wars decided to give a reason, so they did the mace thing.

BUT it is not eu

i dont know if im right about the gl and clone wars makers thing but i am certain it is the reason he is coughing .

Vinney
was he over rated

i thought he would have been more powerful coz he was very powerful in clone wars

He wasnt over rated .You jus think dat because he didnt have his chest crushed by mace windu yet.

dflood
Originally posted by Vinney
He wasnt over rated .You jus think dat because he didnt have his chest crushed by mace windu yet.

does anyone know wot the hell he is talking about

Neo_Version 7
I don't.

Anyway, I Grievous model was just release on Jedi Knight to download.

It's kick-ass! Go download it!

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by DenKi
WHY WAS HE COUGHING THEN?

And why did Windu say that Grevious is a coward and will keep running and hiding like he did in the cartoon.

use brain smile
Mace Windu used the force to crush his chest.... kinda wierd.

LordSorgo
lord sorgo you should really look at the animated series .it leads right up to ep3 . it is NOT EU .

i am agreeing with what wickerman is saying . most ppl who say clone wars is eu probably havent even seen it and judge as eu , which of course is just plain ignorance

clone wars explains a lot and leads right up to ep3 .gl says ----not exact quote''since ep2 is the beginning of the war and and ep3 is the end , there was a very fertile ground in between both films to put action in ,.''

That's Great, but Grievous is not Force sensitive so who the f*ck cares.

LordSorgo
does anyone know wot the hell he is talking about

Um...... No.

grey fox
grevious in clone wars =Kick ass
grevious in ROTS = crap

DeVi| D0do

Am I not saying this right?

It is not in the films, therefore it is EU.

grey fox
Am I not saying this right?

It is not in the films, therefore it is EU.

so then from your theory padme was never pregnant

DeVi| D0do
Huh? Padme was pregnant in Episode III... confused

grey fox
Huh? Padme was pregnant in Episode III... confused ahh but from your 'It is not in the films, therefore it is EU' rule we never saw them 'procreate' in episode two or three therefore she couldn't have gotten pregnant

DeVi| D0do
That's stupid. You know what I mean...

The repercussions of their 'procreation' are apparent in Episode III, which implies that it happened.

grey fox
ok lets cut the crap it's basically you trying to hold up a rule which everyone is ragging on sometimes EU does connect the star series ok dokei

DeVi| D0do

Neo_Version 7
That's stupid. You know what I mean...

The repercussions of their 'procreation' are apparent in Episode III, which implies that it happened.

Ohhhh...shutdown.

Greevs can use Force!!!

Ha-Ya!

DeVi| D0do
No he can't.

Ha-Ya!

Wickerman
Originally posted by grey fox
ahh but from your 'It is not in the films, therefore it is EU' rule we never saw them 'procreate' in episode two or three therefore she couldn't have gotten pregnant

That's taking it a bit too far, but yeah, pretty much. So we agree that Lucas wanted Grievous to cough in the movies, to show he's not 100% droid, and so in the clone wars toon in the last episode gives the "mace crushing chest" as an explanation.

~wickerman~

DenKi
WHY WOULD LUCAS SHOW HIS BODY GETTING CRUSHED IN CLONE WARS THEN IN EPISODE 3 HE THEN WANTED US TO THINK HES COUGHING BECAUSE HES NOT 100% DROID? WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT

Hes coughing simply becos maces crushed him..

darthmaul1
Originally posted by DenKi
WHY WOULD LUCAS SHOW HIS BODY GETTING CRUSHED IN CLONE WARS THEN IN EPISODE 3 HE THEN WANTED US TO THINK HES COUGHING BECAUSE HES NOT 100% DROID? WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT

Hes coughing simply becos maces crushed him..

Read his thread next time... Grievous is coughing because he was crushed by mace and because he is not a FULL DROID, Obviously if it was a full blown droid he would not be coughing. and this is for the people who never saw the clone wars cartoon, and once obiwan opens him up and you see his organs you know that he is not a full droid.
Either that or he smokes a big doobie before each scene.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Read his thread next time... Grievous is coughing because he was crushed by mace and because he is not a FULL DROID, Obviously if it was a full blown droid he would not be coughing. and this is for the people who never saw the clone wars cartoon, and once obiwan opens him up and you see his organs you know that he is not a full droid.
The half droid half alien thing is correct. But if He's a droid, how can he smoke?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
The half droid half alien thing is correct. But if He's a droid, how can he smoke?

I really hope you are joking?? Cause I was.

dflood
hehe 100th reply

what do i win

bruthaindahood
1 million dollars and a bananna sticker!

dflood
Happy Dance yay got my bananar sticker

Wickerman
Originally posted by darthmaul1

That is correct thumb up . Especially the part bout reading the thread first.

~wickerman~

b-dan
he was cool the way he is and id ont get why people call him a coward he always runs away when he knows he might be defeated and what would you do if your were fighitng jedi

general gree
yes he should be more powerfull and should have killed obi miffed i mean he got four arms!! big grin

tlbauerle
Now that I've had time to think more about it...GG needed to kill Shaak Ti early on so we had a chance to fear him...

As it stands, he coughed a lot and ran away...ohhhhhhhhhh...scary. Big time over rated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.