If Palpatine was a Sith, why was he captured in the first place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
Ok, please bear with me as I have not read any of the novels or played video games that connected certain plots between 2 and 3..... so my question is, why was Palpatine even held hostage by Dooku if they were both on the same "side"?? Was it just a ploy to lure the Jedi onboard? Or was there something else to his capture/being held hostage???

Red Superfly
You've answerred you're own question.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by kalsemo
Ok, please bear with me as I have not read any of the novels or played video games that connected certain plots between 2 and 3..... so my question is, why was Palpatine even held hostage by Dooku if they were both on the same "side"?? Was it just a ploy to lure the Jedi onboard? Or was there something else to his capture/being held hostage???

It was just a ploy.

Funny thing is though, Grievous didn't know Palps was Sids, so he kept arguing with Palpatine and muttering things like "If only Master Sidious would let me kill you."

Ani's Girl
My thought was it was a trick to jure the Jedi onboard.

matreid
To lure the jedi and see Anakin's skills vs Dooku.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
It was just a ploy.

Funny thing is though, Grievous didn't know Palps was Sids, so he kept arguing with Palpatine and muttering things like "If only Master Sidious would let me kill you."

"I'm not afraid of you....*evil grin* whatever would your master say?" Maaan......i got the shivers when he said that love

~wickerman~

Ani's Girl
oooops, I missed that. Going to see III again tonight, what scene is that?

Mandos
Stupid question. Pass.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
oooops, I missed that. Going to see III again tonight, what scene is that?

...Novel...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wickerman
"I'm not afraid of you....*evil grin* whatever would your master say?" Maaan......i got the shivers when he said that love

~wickerman~

This one up here is from the clone wars series when Grievous kidnaps him. However, i'm almost sure he also said it in the novel.

~wickerman~

Mandos
Yeah, Ani's girl, its in the Novel scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.