Anakins Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi l<night
Does anyone know, or have any theories on why Anakin swtiches lightsabers throughout AOTC?

ToMacco
I don't know, for sure. But it looks like they get captured at the end, so the bad guys probably took it. Then he just used a different one after that.

yerssot
he looses it in battle

Emperor Helmet
He doesn't lose it, it gets destroyed in the droid factory. The saber Obi-Wan and Anakin use in the final duel were given to them by other Jedi during the final battle. They aren't their own.

LanceWindu
But I guess you can say he does lose it. Because it gets destroyed he lost it for life.

But nontheless, those aren't their sabers at the end.

Emperor Helmet
Correct.

jedi212guy
Some Jedi just can't go through life without changing lightsabers about 10 times.

Emperor Helmet
No one changes 10 times. The only one who has changed sabers is Mace. The others were destroyed.

Jedi Mercenary
Is GL trying to make us bleive that ALL of the jedi are fighting on Geonosis??

LanceWindu
I don't think so. I believe that only about 400-500 or so are there helping fight.

But there are many more on other missions and more on Coruscant.

Otherwise Vader wouldn't have a hard job eradicating the Jedi after Ep3.

yerssot
no, not all of them, all the available ones though... if I'm not mistaken

Ushgarak
Helmet, Jedi212 wasn't being serious.

And also when someone says that a Jedi has changed and/or lost a sabre, that doesn't mean they don't think it was destroyed. A destroyed sabre is as lost as a mislaid one, and a destroyed sabre is a good reason to change!

Captain REX
Reasons a Jedi would change lightsabers:

1) They don't have their own yet.

2) Their lightsaber has been taken away somewhere where they can't find it.

3) Their lightsaber is destroyed.

4) Their lightsaber is lost.

5) They think their lightsaber has been destroyed.

6) They trade with a fellow Jedi as a sign of friendship.

7) They die.

yerssot
8) ghosts can't carry them big grin

Ushgarak
Dying isn't a particularly good reason to CHANGE sabres, you know...

What about special ghost sabres, yerss?

yerssot
ah, but then the ghost have to make a new ghost one with a grey blade, they don't have enough time to make them at the moment they die and then they can't do it anymore

Ushgarak
Sure they can. They can make it with special ghost tools.

yerssot
but how can they get the ghost tools as they are still dieing? or when they are talking to Yoda how they can get visible to others?

peluffo
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

It becomes better with each post!!!
plizz, carry on!

Captain REX
I wonder if Sith ghosts can use Ghost Lightning. wink

yerssot
yes they can, but what's the use of it? they can't kill a ghost you know

Emperor Helmet
Sith lightning can be deflected(absorbed) by a lightsaber.

yerssot
source?

Ushgarak
Yes, you actually got any proof of that? Because it's a strange sounding idea.

Emperor Helmet
Dooku throws lightning at Obi-Wan and he absorbs it with his saber. It was pretty cool, and something that was never mentioned before. That was the only thing I wasn't expecting to see.

Ushgarak
Damn interesting. I'll be watching out for that!

Emperor Helmet
That not being mentioned makes me think that all of these people who supposedly saw the movie, actually didn't. When I left the theater, that is what I wanted to tell everyone the most.

Looks like Luke shouldn't have tossed his saber aside.

peluffo
*whispering to yerss*
(MOVIE, yerss... don't remember? he goes to the charity premiere last night)

yerssot
heck, I just asked ONE question Pel! really!

Emperor Helmet
Yes, I went to the Charity Premiere yesterday afternoon in Philly.

Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, and Jeremy Bulloch were there.

Mujaffa
no,no! it's only a hundred jedi fighting on geneosis

queeq
Really? Hmmm.

Emperor Helmet
I highly doubt Vader will be responsible for wiping out the Jedi. I think the war will do fine on its own. Hell 200 were killed in less than 20 minutes.

I think he may take out Mace or maybe Dooku, but to think he wipes out many is absurd.

yerssot
he HELPS wiping them out, perhaps he only collects LEADS to Jedi, nothing is certain

Emperor Helmet
Nothing is certain is correct.

queeq
Phew.

Mujaffa
yes really..!!!

queeq
You're sure?

Corran
I think Bobba Fett helps to track down and Kill the Jedi as revenge for his Father being Killed.

queeq
YEs, I think so too.

sarlacc
yeah, watching your father decapitated by a jedi isn't exactly gonna lead to a happy healthy future. its too bad he'll still be a boy in ep III. i'd love to see him disintegrate some jedi.

queeq
Maybe we will..... then again.... maybe you're right. He's probably too young for EPIII to be a bounty hunter of some substance. We'll have to see though, I think it's a pretty shallow storyline if Boba's story only continues in EPIV (disregarding the little appearance in ANHmessedE).

sarlacc
you never know, GL might turn boba into a superkid. kinda bookend the pt with big roles for kids. one innocent and one who is a badass killing machine. all kidding aside, i thnk we'll see boba again in some capacity. he might be used again to make another different clone army.

queeq
As long as there are no "Yipppeee's" and "Oooppses", I may not mind that.

Mujaffa
stands in the book... when mace gives a sign 100 jedi activate their sabers in the arena stick out tongue

queeq
The book is not the film.

And I also thought the book said they could deploy 200 Jedi.

peluffo
"Jango's son Boba is just a boy in Episode II, but he'll grow up to be a mercenary tough enough to talk back to Darth Vader and carry out missions even the Empire can't hack. Having been a cult character among Star Wars fans for such a long time, Lucas has chosen to write Fett's beginnings into the prequels. "You get to understand the relentlessness that Boba has," McCallum says. "Here, and especially in Episode III, you'll understand why he's so obsessed with destroying any part of the Skywalker family."

Said by Rick McCallum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.