A question about exile apperance in kotor 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clawed The Bum
well i got a question. in kotor 3 there is a good chance that you will see revan and the exile. they can just make revan in his robes when you see him but how can they show the exile? The exile was made diferently by everyone else and i just have a question of what you guyz think the exile should look like in kotor 3 if he is in kotor 3 or if there is a kotor 3.
the only thing i can think of is make him into a droid like general grevious and then have someone explain that he got in a crash or explosion or something... but that won't be original it would be coping the episodes so i really dont know so tell me what you guyz think

Fishy
Making you choose how he looks in the beginning. Won't cost the player more then 20 seconds.

Clawed The Bum
fishy i dont want to argue with you in this post as well but how bout the cloths he wears? his lightsider color? etc etc

Sith_Lords
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
fishy i dont want to argue with you in this post as well but how bout the cloths he wears? his lightsider color? etc etc

He's not going to wear the same clothes for ever is he. Also he could have changed his lightsaber crystal.

darth-yoda
it could load the last saved kotor 2 file to make him look the same as u had him lightsaber crystal robes ect

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
well i got a question. in kotor 3 there is a good chance that you will see revan and the exile. they can just make revan in his robes when you see him but how can they show the exile? The exile was made diferently by everyone else and i just have a question of what you guyz think the exile should look like in kotor 3 if he is in kotor 3 or if there is a kotor 3.
the only thing i can think of is make him into a droid like general grevious and then have someone explain that he got in a crash or explosion or something... but that won't be original it would be coping the episodes so i really dont know so tell me what you guyz think
Maybe he has his hood so far down you can hardly even see his face. But I hope they steer clear of all that Revan and the Exile meeting. I don't really like that idea.

ZoSo
Originally posted by darth-yoda
it could load the last saved kotor 2 file to make him look the same as u had him lightsaber crystal robes ect

I hear that that was what BioWare was planning to be able to do for KotOR II - i.e., allowing you to upload your saved game from KotOR I so that Revan's visage would already be uploaded to your specifications....but then they declined a fast sequel, and LucasArts gave the rights to Obsidian....

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I know that many developers are looking into working into sequels the means of loading the custom characters from the previous game. While this helps with continuity the obvious problem would be the presumably lower poly count of the original model. To counteract this they'd probably have higher poly models of the original characters in the sequel so they can just equate one to the other.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I know that many developers are looking into working into sequels the means of loading the custom characters from the previous game. While this helps with continuity the obvious problem would be the presumably lower poly count of the original model. To counteract this they'd probably have higher poly models of the original characters in the sequel so they can just equate one to the other.
I have absolutley no idea what you just said.....

dAngEr_Is_gO!
That's o.k sometimes I don't know what I'm saying either.

I read in a magazine somewhere that a lot of new games where you have custom character are being designed with sequels in mind. So when you get the follow-up game, for the sake of the example KOTOR3, it will automatically look at your KOTOR2 save game which has all your character's stats and identity stored in it and it will load them directly into KOTOR3, so essentially you can continue where you left off.
However as the graphics in games get better and better you can't simply have the exact same character as the "lower quality" graphics would stand out like dog's bollocks. So what the developer has to do is have a "higher quality" model of the lower quality original so
a) the character doesn't look out of place
b) there is continuity between the old and the new

I don't think there is a game out there that does this currently, however it is an exciting prospect.

Darth Travizzle
But what if you haven't played the first two?

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Then I guess you create the character from scratch and have a certain amount of points that you can attribute to them.

Darth Teeron
I say the Exile should get killed because he was a crappy idea for a character anyways. And when it shows Revan in his traditional tight ass lookin robes. The Exile should just be like... a body on the gorund... WHAT WAS THE POINT IN A CHARACTER LIKE THAT?! He was a Jedi who left with Malak and Revan.... Thousands went with them! Yet this -one- Jedi becomes so powerful he can kill Revans master and practically be as powerful as Revan... It doesnt even talk about the Exile in KOTOR, Never does it say... "Revan and Malak, Followed by that one Jedi dude, Left to fight in the Mandalorian Wars and Thousands of Jedi followed." DELETE KOTORII!!!!!

Clawed The Bum
i think that you should see revan and in the story it should talk about how the exile died because it will be hard to show the exile.

Darth Koroni
There are a large number of things that cannot be in KotOR 3 and keep cotinuity, including, but not excluded too, the Exile, all the PCs who could be made Jedi, Mira, and Hanharr.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
There are a large number of things that cannot be in KotOR 3 and keep cotinuity, including, but not excluded too, the Exile, all the PCs who could be made Jedi, Mira, and Hanharr. Mira and Hannhar could be made
Jedi!? Well so can Atton.

Viden
Exile=Bad Revan=Good
go to the kotor2 site to see what the model of the Exile should be like. I don't like it, but it's what they used there, it's what they should use in KotOR3. I think the player will get to choose between the two. This MIGHT complicate the whole "being able to be jedi or sith thing" but you can turn to the light (if exile) or turn to the darkside (Revan) or they should just make a whole new character with absolutely no real meaning except that they needed him for a sequel sad GET BIOWARE ON THIS PLEASE! OBSIDIAN GOT NOTHING DONE!

Aduruth
I hope they make revan so you can be him again, and the exile as well, just an opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.