Coming out of Babylon, what does this mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Come out of her, my people.

(Rev 18:4-5 NIV) Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; {5} for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.

If you hear a person calling you to

come out of your house,

where is that person?

He is outside your house.

If you hear God calling you to come out of Babylon

where is God?

Any opinions on what Babylon is??

debbiejo
What! No one brave enough to tackle this one??

finti
babylon 5?

Echuu
lol

Babylon could be either the United States of America or Iraq. (most likely not the latter, though historically that is roughly where it is located)
But who knows.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by debbiejo

(Rev 18:4-5 NIV) Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; {5} for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.

come out of your house,

where is that person?

where is God?

Jehovas Witnesses believe its Mary, but i'm gottal let the credits slide out on this one...

debbiejo
Wasn't the book written around 70 AD? Couldn't it mean get out of the pagan worship, pagan belief?? Though the Protestants say it's getting out of the Catholic church.

Jury
Mystery
Babylon the Great
Mother of Prostitutes
And of Abominations of the Earth

Babylon - a symbolic woman
- a prostitute...
- an adulterer...

A woman is used symbolically by the Book of Revelation to refer to a Church.

Associated with the two-horned beast
- a blasphemer...
- a false prophet...
- one who proclaims he is God...
- one who has power both in State and Church (horns like a lamb and a voice like a lion)...
- one who as a mark...
- and one who has number 666 on his name, title, and authority...

The woman who sits on seven hills.
- will be thrown away into a desert for 42 months...

She is the Babylon which was built on a wrong foundation...

Thus, declared by one of God's messengers:

"Fallen, Fallen is Babylon the Great!"

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.

http://sprintbare.com/radioactive/images/uploads/inquisition.jpg

debbiejo
Originally posted by Jury

- and one who has number 666 on his name, title, and authority...

http://sprintbare.com/radioactive/images/uploads/inquisition.jpg

666 is the number of man......Man is the beast...

She is the Babylon which was built on a wrong foundation...

[/QUOTE

Babylon is another name for false beliefs/Paganism...If you take communion, do baptism, worship on Sunday, believe in the Trinity, believe Jesus was on a cross and resurrected, then you are believing all the stories the Pagans believe, just the names have changed. And you're practicing all the same rituals...The only difference with baptism is that they are not using REAL blood.

cking
God is speaking to both Jews and tribulation Christians to come out of the enemy territory before he destroys them. this is similar to the Gomorrah and Sodom situation.

finti
but god abandoned the jews when they wouldnt follow the way of jesus

debbiejo
True..according to Paul, after the stoning of Stephen, the gospel went to the gentiles...Jesus also made a remark regarding Jerusalem.

Jury
Why was the "Babylon" of Revelation called as Prostitute and Adulterer?

Because the "woman", the Church (Christ has built in the first century), embraced Paganism. This is what theologians called "spiritual adultery".

The "apostatized church" was no longer the Church that Christ has built.

So the Bible proclaimed:

"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.

http://history.smsu.edu/jchuchiak/20001976.jpg

debbiejo
Do you celebrate baptism??? That's pagan. How about communion?

finti
how about funerals

debbiejo
OH....people just have to admit it...we are all still pagan....we are still all in Babylon........I think I'll go hug a tree.

THE CHURCH IS STILL IN BABYLON...

Jury
Do you celebrate baptism??? That's pagan. How about communion?
The Baptism with the new Covenant of God through Christ, yes. But no infant baptism and the sprinkle of water.

Communion? -> Unbiblical.

Jury
Originally posted by finti
how about funerals
We bury the dead. No rituals, no ceremonies, no prayers.

debbiejo
The Baptism with the new Covenant of God through Christ, yes. But no infant baptism and the sprinkle of water.

Communion? -> Unbiblical.

Baptism is also pagan...they were washed in REAL blood...

Jury
Being a TRUE Christian is being with God.. and is therefore giving up living like pagans.

finti
yeah by adapting a bunch of pagan ways,

debbiejo
Being a TRUE Christian is being with God.. and is therefore giving up living like pagans.

But you do baptism..right??...And communion?

Jury
Yes. We do Baptism the Christian way. As a Christian, we do not practice Communion.

If there is a resemblance between the Baptism of Paganism and the Baptism of Christianity, well, the truth remains that we do it the Christian way ... as prescribed in the Holy Scriptures... and as how God has commanded it. And it is not applicable for infants.

finti
both do it because of god/s

debbiejo
Yes. We do Baptism the Christian way. As a Christian, we do not practice Communion.

If there is a resemblance between the Baptism of Paganism and the Baptism of Christianity, well, the truth remains that we do it the Christian way ... as prescribed in the Holy Scriptures... and as how God has commanded it. And it is not applicable for infants.

I didn't say infants though...

Immersion was done way earlier in pagan beliefs...

Are you under the blood of Christ....Cause Mithra covers with blood too..Mithra was popular in Pauls time...He assimilated it into the doctrine.

Jury
We do it because of the God who created us all.

finti
so did the pagans

Jury
I didn't say infants though...

Immersion was done way earlier in pagan beliefs...

Are you under the blood of Christ....Cause Mithra covers with blood too..Mithra was popular in Pauls time...He assimilated it into the doctrine.
We are under God's will.

Jury
Originally posted by finti
so did the pagans
Pagans have a lot of gods and godesses galore. They have their own ways...

And we have the Christian way. The Christian way is the Biblical way.

debbiejo
We are under God's will.

Well then god goes by many names...

Jury
Well then god goes by many names...
And...

finti
just another way of interpreter the stuff

debbiejo
And...

So why condemn anyone for calling god by another name..even Zeus and the kind?

Does it matter?

Jury
I'm a Christian... and I don't need to condemn those who call the TRUE God (not the greek mythological characters) in wrong names. Calling God in an erroneous name is taking the Name of God in vain. Meaning, doing so is unbiblical.

Yes. JEHOVAH is an erroneous name according to the Bible scholars and grammarians, and transliteration experts... so as a Christian, why use an erroneous name to refer to God?

Echuu
Because Zeus is a different god.

debbiejo
I'm a Christian... and I don't need to condemn those who call the TRUE God (not the greek mythological characters) in wrong names. Calling God in an erroneous name is taking the Name of God in vain. Meaning, doing so is unbiblical.

Yes. JEHOVAH is an erroneous name according to the Bible scholars and grammarians, and transliteration experts... so as a Christian, why use an erroneous name to refer to God?

Actually Gods name was sacred and you were not to speak it at all.

Jury
That's why other names were made available for His chosen people to call Him.

God, Lord, Father.

Echuu
And now we also have Jesus Christ who changed many of the old ways. smile

finti
according to your faith its not your job to condem at all

Jury
It's not condemning. It is spreading and sharing the truth the Bible and God's words have to offer.

debbiejo
But there is no hell.....REALLY I WOULDN'T LIE....I'M NOT SATAN....THERE IS NOT HELL...REALLY.....BELIEVE ME...

finti
what you believe to be the truth and the actual truth is a totall different aspect

debbiejo
Jury, if there wasn't a hell....you wouldn't be so bent on converting people.

Jury
But there is no hell.....REALLY I WOULDN'T LIE....I'M NOT SATAN....THERE IS NOT HELL...REALLY.....BELIEVE ME...
I can't prove that. I haven't been there.

Jury
Since I'm a Christian and strongly Biblical and monotheistic, I believe in eternal life and eternal punishment.

debbiejo
I can't prove that. I haven't been there.

But many people who have near death experiences have stated that they all went to a better place...not all of them were christians.

Jury
Near death experiences? What's that?

debbiejo
Near death experiences? What's that?

People that have died on the operating table...they were pronounced dead...they told of what they saw...there are many documented cases about it....The doctors were able to bring them back.

Jury
Like this?

Even if we disregard the overwhelming evidence for the dependence of consciousness on the brain, there remains strong evidence from reports of near-death experiences (NDEs) that NDEs are not glimpses of an afterlife. This evidence includes:

(1) discrepancies between what is seen in the out-of-body component of an NDE and what's actually happening in the physical world;

(2) bodily sensations incorporated into the NDE, either as they are or experienced as NDE imagery;

(3) encountering living persons during NDEs;

(4) the greater variety of differences than similarities between different NDEs, where specific details of NDEs generally conform to cultural expectation;

(5) the typical randomness or insignificance of the memories retrieved during those few NDEs that include a life review;

(6) NDEs where the experiencer makes a decision not to return to life by crossing a barrier or threshold viewed as a 'point of no return,' but is restored to life anyway;

(7) hallucinatory imagery in NDEs, including encounters with mythological creatures and fictional characters; and

(8) the failure of predictions in those instances in which experiencers report seeing future events during NDEs or gaining psychic abilities after them.

debbiejo

(7) hallucinatory imagery in NDEs, including encounters with mythological creatures and fictional characters

Who said there are no mythological and fictional characters in heaven...

A little boy had a conversation with a talking bee...in bee Heaven.

finti
and Van Halen had a concert in New Haven big grin

Eccles
Babylon is a metaphor for civilization

debbiejo
Metaphor for something alright...Some kind of corruption.

Eliazar.Perez
Babylon is America. Yeshua (Jesus) in his statement of what to do in the times of his soon return is to escape to the mountains. History has shown that those mountains which they escaped to is Petra.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eliazar.Perez
Babylon is America. Yeshua (Jesus) in his statement of what to do in the times of his soon return is to escape to the mountains. History has shown that those mountains which they escaped to is Petra.

"soon return"? over 2000 years? I would not call that soon.

Eliazar.Perez
ok.

Deja~vu
We will never know the whole truth, only fractions of it. Bits and pieces of it that have been distorted.

Organized Religion is like the Ego on acid. It's a bad trip.

Shalimar_fox

come out of your house,

where is that person?

where is God?

Babolyn is any sin that you find your self in. I my self struggle with some type of sin

Deja~vu
Which is?

anaconda
Babolyn? is that a redneck version of Barbara Lynn???

Deja~vu
He forgot the comma after ....I, myself.

Don't listen to him..........he's ignorant of speech. and grammer.

Still, I want to know the sin..Hehe

Deja~vu
People left Babylon a loooooong time ago.

Eliazar.Perez
Babylon is America. We need to come out of her, America. Jesus said the place to go in the end times was the mountains. History has shown that those mountains are Petra. We need to consider strongly and soon to make it to Petra. This will be the canopy of the Lord Jesus Christ for his beloved.

anaconda
Petra? man I saw them in concert in 1986

Eliazar.Perez
Petra is currently in the country of Jordan.

Deja~vu
Christianity is Babylon. And yes, it is strong in America.

anaconda
so they are on a Jordanian tour, hmm money must be really tight for good ol Schlitt and Hartman

chithappens
Originally posted by Eliazar.Perez
Babylon is America. We need to come out of her, America. Jesus said the place to go in the end times was the mountains. History has shown that those mountains are Petra. We need to consider strongly and soon to make it to Petra. This will be the canopy of the Lord Jesus Christ for his beloved.

If I am not too lazy to do this later, I will find this book that argues that Babylon is America and offer how it attempts to break it down.

Pretty interesting actually. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I do remember thinking that the argument could be seen as very convincing.

anaconda
Sometimes a shadow dark and cold
Lays like a mist across the road
But be encouraged by the sight
Where there's a shadow, there's a light

hum de hum de hum band

Tim Rout
While different theological traditions view the Book of Revelation variously, it is fair to say that the ancient empire of Babylon came to represent values and lifestyles that are definitively inconsistent with God's revealed will. Revelation was written roughly 600 years after the fall of Babylon to the Persians, so clearly the literal city-state is not in view.

SpearofDestiny
Coming out of Babylon means that you admit you are a homosexual in babylon and then get executed laughing

Zeal Ex Nihilo
HAR HAR HAR U R FUNNEEE

anaconda
so the different views would then be what? since you say its fair to say what that

the bible, koran, torah actually best use would be that of a toilet paper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.