Theory on Nihilus' True Identity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
This is just a thought that popped into my head on who Nihilus might be. What if he was Naga Sadow. He fits the description pretty well. He could still be alive since he went to Yavin wasn't it and was in suspended animation for six hundred years then Freedon Nadd woke him up. It's also thought, but never confirmed that Freedon eventually killed Sadow. Keyword. Thought. It has never been confirmed anywhere. Plus, Sadow definatly was powerful enough to be Nihilus and he also lived in a time of lots of accesible Sith knowledge. This is probably all crap though.

Fishy
If Sadow is that stupid and gets defeated by the Exile he deserves a kick in the nuts...

But no.. The theory makes no sense at all.

Darth Mantis
Come on, you have to give him credit... That was very creative... I doubt that Nihilus is Naga Sadow... Anyway why would he be an apprentice of Traya, Naga is much more powerful than the old hag... But I do give you credit for the theory, very creative...

Darth_Glentract
Maybe he was injured really badly when he fought Freedon Nadd and lost a lot of his power in the same way that Anakin did.

Gryn Jabar
No, he was imprisoned on Malachor, but good theory anyway, the current train of thought is that Nihilus is merely a lost jedi that was trapped on Malachor, long ago.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Maybe he was injured really badly when he fought Freedon Nadd and lost a lot of his power in the same way that Anakin did. Well you never know, it could be Naga Sadow...

Darth Plagues
Good theory...

But idk

Darth Koroni
Does it even matter? Nihilus in the time of the game was little more than hunger incarnate, but it seems likely that he was on of those who followed Revan to war.

Djnannadaddy
i dunno, i always thought he was eithe revan, since traya was his first teacher & revan wasnt seen since he went to the borders of the outer rim, where nihilus was.....hmmm............ or that it was a glimpse into the future of what the exile would be if he went complete dark side(they r both called a wound in the force) ...........just thoughts.....dont flame me for thinkin.........though i try not to do it too often, makes my brain hurt

Nactous
Probably not Sadow, but remember the holocrons in Atris's chamber spoke some kind of Sith language, I believe Nihilus speaks Sith to, I believe it's the same language.

darth-yoda
i think nihilus is the last of the origanal sith

Darth Travizzle
Nihilus was one of the easiest people to beat. Oh look at this, someone made a Lego Nihilus.

darth-yoda
ha lego nihilus would take more beating than the real one lol

Darth Travizzle
As you can tell by this picture, Nihilus' soul was transfered into this lego of him, so he could be brought back to life later.

DarthMandalore
I think he's an original Sith, but the mask is a disguise..

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by DarthMandalore
I think he's an original Sith, but the mask is a disguise..

If he was, why was he an underling of Darth Traya in the academy? Besides, he was a man, who fought in the Mandalorian wars.

Nactous
Perhaps not a Sith, but one so obsessed with the Sith to adopt their language. Besides Darth Koroni, you presume to much. Not all actual members of the Sith species were extremely powerful. If you ask me KotOR 3 will take place in Sith space. Some are still alive, besides Revan believed their was a greater force behind the Mandalorian Wars.

JLRTENJAC
I believe That nithlos is alive. Now you may think that I am stupid but think about it, SITH CAN POSSESS PEOPLE! after Darth Sidious (The emperor) died, he posessed a clone of himself (Atleast I think It was a clone), and also, one other sith lord possessed Kip Durreon (One of the students at luke's academy) In one of the books. So Nithlos's "spirit" could POSSESS something, or some one stronger than him.

And on a side note: I agree with Nactos that the sith are still alive, and that Revan is there battling them, and the exile has gone to battle them with him.......I wonder what happened to mira, Bao-Durr's remote, and Goto's droid.... oh sorry just thinking. I may go into detail on Revan, and the exile battling the sith later.

"THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE IS A PATH WAY TO MANY ABILITIES SOME CONSIDER TO BE UNNATURAL"

JLRTENJAC
FOR MY THEROIES ON THE END OF KOTOR2 AND POSSIBILITES FOR KOTOR 3 GO TO THE FOURM CALLED KOTOR 2 big grin

Darth_Glentract
HOW STUPID AM I? I never realised he has a tomb on Korriban. Well, maybe not that stupid since you never actually see his sarcophagus, but you see everyone else's. Maybe that's a clue to him being some future villain. Cough*Nihilus*Cough

Nactous
Thanks Jlrtenjac. Going to read your post now.

Lord-Nihilus
Well, if you actually listened to anything that Traya had said, Nihilus was a jedi Knight Captured in the Mandalorian Wars, she saved him and trained him at the academy, just like Sion.
ALSO, Nihilus' power came from the Trayus Acedemy, because he was the one who would be enslaved by his hunger, and Sion bathed in pain....

REMEMBER?!?

Nihilus i reckon will have a bigger part to play in the next game, and you dont know what could happen between the exile and Revan, it all depends on how you played the two games beforehand.
So, you might aswell wait and see for the next one to come out on the Xbox 360.

Oh, seen as im a big fan of Nihilus, i done some little work in photoshop to bring him back to life, Enjoy!

Lord-Nihilus
Click on this one...

Darth_Janus
I though this was obvious. Kreia refers to Nihilus as being a casualty of the Mandalorian Wars. He/it is a Force spectre created by the Exile's ordeal over Malachor V. Hence why he is described by Kreia the same way she describes you: as a wound in the Force, possibly leading towards its death. Other things that hint at this include Nihilus being unable to draw on the exile (literally, himself). Also, the strong bond between Visas is shared by Nihilus and the Exile. The Exile gains a bonus to his Force points after collecting Nihilus' mask, and when Visas looks at Nihlus unmasked, she sees "just a man".

Nactous
Nice, Obsidion did mention something about Nihilus past being more explored in the future, it was an article in EGM. Your a big fan, but arent you a little upset that he was featured as the poster boy for KotOR 2, and didnt do much. I was expecting so much from him, he looked cooler than Malak, I wish they had done more.

Lord-Nihilus
Damn, I do look the best out of the other characters dont I? well, ive done a little bit more of work on Nihilus, he is definetely a man, and his skin is quite tanned, if you look at my next pic, it is basically nihilus' face with an overlay of white to highlight anything dark in the picture like his eyes, and nose.

darth-yoda
wow thats great i didnt ever notic that ever wow

Lord-Nihilus
sarcasm gets you nowhere, but, thing is, his nose is a different colour to the skin around his eyes, its a lot darker, near enough to black, hmm, reserch inti this i will...

darthrevan89
Nihilus is a cheap suck ass character. I'm sorry but it's the truth. Becuase of Nihilus little Force eating ability no one has a chance against him except the Exile and IMO that is simply lame.

Lord-Nihilus
ok, this is a topic of Nihilus' Identity, not if you hate him...

revan fanboy!

darth-yoda
hey it wasnt sarcasm i was genrally amazed i didnt no you could do that and i think nihilus was great im a nihilus fan boy and a revan fan boy and a yoda fanboy there on my sig ehheheh

Lord-Nihilus
cmon....your a photoshop user, you must know that using a layer, changing it into an overlay and giving a thing a white coating enhances all stuff that is darker, and makes stuff lighter!

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Lord-Nihilus
ok, this is a topic of Nihilus' Identity, not if you hate him...

revan fanboy!

You callin me a, Revan fanboy huh?

This is a Revan fanboy (read below).

Dude, Revan wuld totaly win cuz heas got colla armore!!!!

This is a Revan fan (read below).

Well I am avid fan of Revan, but I must admit that he is outclassed here.

And just for the record...Nihilus's SUCKS.

Nactous
Honestly. I am a Revan fanboy.

Captain REX
Nihilus is creepy-looking. He makes me want to play KOTOR2, cause I haven't yet...

Darth_Janus
Anyone want to tell me why Nihilus has more than three or four art pics, but Revan has none?

Captain REX
Because I want to kill the people who did not draw Revan... no expression

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
Nihilus is creepy-looking. He makes me want to play KOTOR2, cause I haven't yet...
Yeah, first time I saw him in the EGM, he didnt even look like Star Wars until i saw the lightsaber, he is awesome looking yes, but isnt that powerful.

Lord-Nihilus
oh, the art pics i put up, were mine, im a photoshop user see?

I reckon nihilus was easy to beat in the game because Obsidian wanted him to be easy, if exiles the only person who can kill him, you wouldnt be able to defeat the game.
So Nihilus has a weakness to exile, thats why i reckon he was easy.

Darth_Janus
Not just your pics, Lord-Nihilus... I've seen about three or four pictures of Nihilus the character in floatation on the internet, whereas any extensive search on Revan yields a whole bunch of shit and maybe one or two computer generated models of poor craftsmanship.

Lord-Nihilus
lol, ok hang on, im just gonna finish up my revan pick...

Darth_Janus
I'd die to get my hands on some decent Revan art. Or decent art for most SW main characters not in the movies.

Lord-Nihilus
OK complete, here is my Revan Pic, I made this when i was in college, so heres a revan pic!

CobbleR
That is a damn good picture

Darth_Janus
Yeah, nice detail work. How'd you do that?

Lord-Nihilus
Draw it in pencil, scan it into computer, then basically...

OVERLAYS, IT IS THE GOD OF PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!!!

Darth_Janus
Overlays, eh? Like layers upon layers, or is this something I haven't used yet?

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Overlays, eh? Like layers upon layers, or is this something I haven't used yet?

In photoshop you can create differnt layers of a pic and only affect that layer. This helps not screw up the backround of a pic or vice versa.

Darth_Janus
Gotcha

Captain REX
That is a good picture.

I like Francis Hsu's painting of Nihilus and then Nihilus fighting Atris.

Darth_Janus
So do I. Makes Atris look attractive for once.

bobcrickett
Jedi women have to be attractive, it's part of the Jedi Chick Code. stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
Yeah, which is why I thought Atris wasn't a Jedi. She must have been a poser.

bobcrickett
Most likely. laughing out loud

Lord-Nihilus
If only that battle happened between Atris and Nihilus, would of made the game a lot more worthwhile watching atris getting hammered by Nihilus...

Captain REX
I have yet to actually play the game... messed

Nactous
Hey DY, you think you could make me a sig with this? BTW, Rex, you should actually play the game before you make assumptions.

darthrevan89
Hey Janus if you want, Revan art here is a pic.

Nactous
Dude, thats nice.

Lord-Nihilus
Hmmmmm.......thats a nice revan pic, i'll colour that one in later, also, janus, me gonna make an evil jawa pic for you!!!!!!

Lord-Nihilus
Bow down to the allmighty Lord of Jawas!!!!

DARTH JANUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Janus is done, time for me to do revan back in a bit!

Lord-Nihilus
There we go, coloured in and looking more eviler!

Nactous
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Lord-Nihilus
YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
hhhh!

Nactous
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooo.

Darth_Janus
Bow down to the allmighty Lord of Jawas!!!!

DARTH JANUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Janus is done, time for me to do revan back in a bit!

Wow... I come back to Revan pics and the ultimate evil jawa pic! Kick ass!

Lord-Nihilus
Thank you very much!!!, it took me about 15 minutes to do that, and it was worth every second!

Darth_Janus
Yes, it was. Thank you very much. Hm. Say... looks like you could use a sig.

Lord-Nihilus
Dont worry, i'll make one, just trying to think of something to go on it...

Darth_Janus
Fair enough. If you need pics, lemme know.

Lord-Nihilus
Anyways everybody, i reckon its about time someone closed this thread...

Nihilus was a jedi, captured by the mandaloriens, rescued by Kreia, and turned Sith, there we go, thread solved...

Darth_Glentract
i still dont think thats true.

Darth_Janus
Anyways everybody, i reckon its about time someone closed this thread...

Nihilus was a jedi, captured by the mandaloriens, rescued by Kreia, and turned Sith, there we go, thread solved...

No, that's not even close to the truth.

It leaves these questions-

- Why would a jedi be captured by the Mandalorians during this final pitched battle?

- Who says Kreia neccessarily rescued him? By all accounts, she said he was already 'growing' when she arrived.

- Turned Sith? Again, we have no way of even knowing that Nihilus EXISTED before the Mandalorian Wars. This is unfounded.

Now, I happen to be of a mind that Nihilus is a Force shade or spectre of the Exile created when the catostrophy at Malachor V took place. Reasons why?

- Kreia describes you both the same, to the tee.

- The Exile is forceless, and draws on others via Force bonds. Nihilus does this as well, though he draws from a hunger. His bonds are naturally deadly, as can be seen by the crew onboard his ship, which, btw, he holds together through sheer will power.

- Kreia, who throughout the whole game has been insist on the Exile confronting his past (Atris, Dxun, the Jedi, etc.) is very insistant on the exile confronting Nihilus, but ONLY when she feels he is right.

- Visas Marr has a bond with Nihilus that is like master to apprentice bond. Remarkably, she shares a similar bond with you.

- When you confront Nihilus, he cannot drain from the Exile. If anything, he is weakened further by it.

- When you collect Nihilus' mask, (symbollically) showing the "man" beneath, you regain your connection to the force. Also, of all the Sith lords in the games, movies, etc... Nihilus -dissolves- into nothing.

Lord-Nihilus
You make a good point, Nihilus was at the Trayus Acedemy, and he was Tought the Hunger thing there, as Sion was tought the Body thing...

Nihilus dissolved into Dark Side energy, this mad me think back to Obi Wan dissapearing in the first star wars, when he was cut down by Vadar...

hmmm, i reckon Nihilus will be explored further in the sequel...

Also,

"insistant on the exile confronting Nihilus, but ONLY when she feels he is right."

If im right, i think that was Visas, and Kreia Didnt want you to Fight SION untill she thought that you were ready, i think that was it...

Fishy
No, Kreia didn't want you to fight Sion or Nihilus until you were ready... She send Nihilus your way, because she thought you were ready.

Lord-Nihilus
Ah, thats it...

I remember Visas being really bit*hy about it too, i hate that miraluka!

darth-yoda
so what have we got so far nihilus is deffinetly a man from what lord nihilus did with the pic and if you look on the kotor 2 wallpaper the one with atris swinging at nihilus you can clearly seen a skinng human arm

Lord-Nihilus
Also, his skin on his face is like very discoloured, and wrinkly, maybe he was disfigured or something?????? Or could it be the darkside changing the way his face looks????? its a mystery, a big juicy mystery!!!

Ah h mw ha hah ah aha hah ah!!!

Sorry, i havnt taken my pills in three weeks...

Fishy
Yeah I noticed your hallucinating, you don't see his face.

Lord-Nihilus
yes you do dumbass, obviously your not a photoshop user, but if you go over his face with a white highlight, you get to see everything, including his nose perfectly, so i'll do that in a sec, also his eyes are pure white.......

Fishy
Show me a picture then

Lord-Nihilus
Hang on, its gonna be bright....

Lord-Nihilus
OK TO SATISFY FISHY!, here is Nihilus with many Overlays on, as you can see, every single colour is highlighted, so it looks really weird, but can you see the face, the eyes are pure white, can you see...no?

Lord-Nihilus
If you cant see his face at all, i'll take the colour away from the picture, so you can see partially the man behind the mask...

Fishy
Okay so he has eyes... and apparantly a nose if you look at it like that... Nice doesn't mean much anyways... You can hardly see the rest of his face, its still all mask

Lord-Nihilus
His eyes are white, maybe, he's dead!

"shock horror"

Fishy
Or maybe he's just nothing

Captain REX
They don't look white to me. They look like they have pupils.

Lord-Nihilus
Nihilus could be one of them spectres, seen as his the only sith to vanish into pure Dark side energy, but then again, Obi wan vanished....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.