Sarevok vs. Drizzt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Who wins? Give good reasons if you can... smile

Dizzle
Never read the book series for Baldur's Gate. But Sarevok seems the big, powerful type. Which Drizzt just so happens to carve up fairly easily. Assuming he can get through the spiky armor. He did ok against Obould once he got a hold of Khazid'hea...

CorderaMitchell
Sarevok, was approx seven foot tall and imunne to magic, just like you said a slow but powerful version of drizzt, they were the 2 hardest in the game.

There's a book series to Baldur's Gate????

Dizzle
Yeah. In Throne of Baal, Sarevok was mediocre, but depowered. In the Throne of Baal book, his soul apparently possesed his armor after his brother killed him. (forget his name in the books... main character of the game)

I haven't read the book series personally, but I've seen em...

I still think Drizzt wins. He beat Wulfgar in a fistfight. Wulfgar's just as big and powerful as Sarevok, and probly a better fighter too. (Drizzt's pupil) Now imagine how a swordfight would work...

Darth Sparhawk
Drizzt will defeat him.

CorderaMitchell
How, I'm pretty sure they're the same level...

Dizzle
Speed and skill, basically. Game Drizzt was far less impressive than book Drizzt, and that's saying something.

Wulfgar is also seven foot something. He thought Drizzt kissed his wife. (Entreri, magically disguised as Regis, told him so) In Drizzt's room, Wulfgar accuses Drizzt. Drizzt denies, Wulfgar doesn't believe him and attacks. No weapons were used, mind you. Drizzt owns him, fisticuff style. I think Wulfgar actually tore a chunk out of the stone wal in that little brawl... I'll check again.

He also beat an ogre who had been magically strengthened and sped up. (potion of the bull, potion of haste) This dude was smashing trees and everything. Drizzt slashes at him for like 10 minutes and finally kills him. Owned.

Drizzt stalemated Obould Many Arrows with his own blades, solely because they were not sharp enough to pierce Obould's armor. Obould was upgraded by the orc gods to have the speed of a wildcat and the strength of a bull. (he killed both barehanded in the ritual, btw) Obould knocked the Queen of Frost giants on her arse. Once Drizzt got a sword strong enough... You guessed it, owned him.

Now, I haven't many things to compare Sarevok to him with. But Sarevok is big and swinging a greatsword. Not fast enough to tag Drizzt, especially if Obould and Wulfgar couldn't.

Darth Sparhawk
Hey, Errtu was defeated by Drizzt! Errtu who is such a powerful demon! Artemis Entreri lost to Drizzt and entreri is THE BEST assassin. Sarevok would lose badly.

Gryn Jabar
Sarevok is to smart to go head to head with Drizzt. He would find a way to beat Drizzt, just not by bashing him.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Dizzle
Speed and skill, basically. Game Drizzt was far less impressive than book Drizzt, and that's saying something.

Wulfgar is also seven foot something. He thought Drizzt kissed his wife. (Entreri, magically disguised as Regis, told him so) In Drizzt's room, Wulfgar accuses Drizzt. Drizzt denies, Wulfgar doesn't believe him and attacks. No weapons were used, mind you. Drizzt owns him, fisticuff style. I think Wulfgar actually tore a chunk out of the stone wal in that little brawl... I'll check again.

He also beat an ogre who had been magically strengthened and sped up. (potion of the bull, potion of haste) This dude was smashing trees and everything. Drizzt slashes at him for like 10 minutes and finally kills him. Owned.

Drizzt stalemated Obould Many Arrows with his own blades, solely because they were not sharp enough to pierce Obould's armor. Obould was upgraded by the orc gods to have the speed of a wildcat and the strength of a bull. (he killed both barehanded in the ritual, btw) Obould knocked the Queen of Frost giants on her arse. Once Drizzt got a sword strong enough... You guessed it, owned him.

Now, I haven't many things to compare Sarevok to him with. But Sarevok is big and swinging a greatsword. Not fast enough to tag Drizzt, especially if Obould and Wulfgar couldn't.

Sarevok is freakin smart AND versatile.

not ONLY did he have an immunity to magic, he moved fast and hit hard with a draining sword.

I think tie...

Drizzt' is more popular though.

Dizzle
See, my reasoning is that Wulfgar and Obould are also both very smart, strong, and fast. Obould tossed a frost giant queen with a punch. She was the aggressor as well, she threatens, he tosses. Too fast for her to react. As to brains, Wulfgar was trained by Drizzt. He's plenty battle savvy. Obould was blessed by Grummsh with extraordinary intelligence. He successfully leads ORCS to a win against Mithril Hall. Superior numbers, yes, but he orchestrated a full scale seige against a fortress and some battle hardened dwarves.

Errtu is stronger, faster, and smarter than all of them, but Errtu beat the crap out of Drizzt until Drizzt figured out that Icingdeath both protects him from fire and drains Errtu's health. Though for his benefit, Errtu's blade was lightning oriented, so Drizzt couldn't block anything without getting severely shocked.

And saying that Sarevok outsmarts Drizzt is saying that Juggernaut outsmarts Batman. Definitely not happening. Drizzt is the KING of using his surroundings.

I also didn't mention Guenhwyvar. A 600 pound, intelligent magic panther is an asset to anyone in any fight.

I give the nod to Drizzt, solely because A: Speed almost always beats strength, and B: Sarevok is nothing really new to Drizzt. Big, powerful, fairly fast dudes are his bread and butter.

Gamewise, they tie. But Drizzt has the luxury of book feats, where Sarevok does not. (unless someone's read the books... if you have, please feel free to enlighten)

CorderaMitchell
See, my reasoning is that Wulfgar and Obould are also both very smart, strong, and fast. Obould tossed a frost giant queen with a punch. She was the aggressor as well, she threatens, he tosses. Too fast for her to react. As to brains, Wulfgar was trained by Drizzt. He's plenty battle savvy. Obould was blessed by Grummsh with extraordinary intelligence. He successfully leads ORCS to a win against Mithril Hall. Superior numbers, yes, but he orchestrated a full scale seige against a fortress and some battle hardened dwarves.

Errtu is stronger, faster, and smarter than all of them, but Errtu beat the crap out of Drizzt until Drizzt figured out that Icingdeath both protects him from fire and drains Errtu's health. Though for his benefit, Errtu's blade was lightning oriented, so Drizzt couldn't block anything without getting severely shocked.

And saying that Sarevok outsmarts Drizzt is saying that Juggernaut outsmarts Batman. Definitely not happening. Drizzt is the KING of using his surroundings.

I also didn't mention Guenhwyvar. A 600 pound, intelligent magic panther is an asset to anyone in any fight.

I give the nod to Drizzt, solely because A: Speed almost always beats strength, and B: Sarevok is nothing really new to Drizzt. Big, powerful, fairly fast dudes are his bread and butter.

Gamewise, they tie. But Drizzt has the luxury of book feats, where Sarevok does not. (unless someone's read the books... if you have, please feel free to enlighten)

I can agree here...

Creshosk
Drizzt has battled demons from the 9 plains of hell themselves, he'll barely work up a sweat here today. . .

I don't know, My character stomped both of them easily.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
Drizzt has battled demons from the 9 plains of hell themselves, he'll barely work up a sweat here today. . .

I don't know, My character stomped both of them easily. As did mine

Dizzle
(Monks kick ass)

Yeah, neither were real problems here. I'd say Jon Irenicus is probably the hardest end boss in any of the games...

CorderaMitchell
Meh, sarevok was worse, considering the limitations.

By the time you were in the second one, there were sooo many options...

Creshosk
(Monks kick ass)

Yeah, neither were real problems here. I'd say Jon Irenicus is probably the hardest end boss in any of the games... Actually since I carried my character over I kinda punked him pretty quickly.

Dizzle
Well that's cheating then... I played him twice. First I lost, second I won. I hadn't hit the max level with any of my guys yet though...

Creshosk
Well that's cheating then... I played him twice. First I lost, second I won. I hadn't hit the max level with any of my guys yet though... Cheating?

He's set up so you don't have to carry your character over, you can create anew from the beginning, those characters are significantly weaker than my end game of the previous game.

I leveled up and found side quests like crazy. Leveling up as high as I could go.

So by the time I got to him I was well over where I was supposed to be.

CorderaMitchell
Ah...

My characters were the most powerful without cheating, but now my comp isn't reading the backup saves
so...

Solidus Snake
drizzt

CorderaMitchell
I still say sarevok.

This is at the end of BG just so you know...

Snoopbert
Drizzt. More experience, and isn't a moron.

Dizzle
Sarevok is plenty smart. Being big and powerful doesn't automatically=stupid. I give it to Drizzt because speed owns strength. But not by any real good margin... Sarevok's gotta be the best of the "bigger, slower guys" Drizzt's ever fought. He'd probly even beat Wulfgar if he can take a few shots from Aegis Fang...

CorderaMitchell
Nono, just drizzt and sarevok, I know what you are saying.

This is at the end of BG, right before the boss, I say tie.

Snoopbert
Hmm. This is tricky actually, now that I think about it.

I say they're equal... but when the Bhaalspawn pics him up, at end of TOB, thenS arevok would rip him a new one. Also... If he was redeemed, I think it woudln't happen at all.

CorderaMitchell
Oh yea, Drizzt was a pushover, when he no longer had the best weapons.

Darth Sparhawk
Sarevok is plenty smart. Being big and powerful doesn't automatically=stupid. I give it to Drizzt because speed owns strength. But not by any real good margin... Sarevok's gotta be the best of the "bigger, slower guys" Drizzt's ever fought. He'd probly even beat Wulfgar if he can take a few shots from Aegis Fang...

I think that Errtu is more powerful and he is definetly a bigger guy.

CorderaMitchell
Wait this is just the game, no novels or any of that.

JUst the BG game.

Hulking Hurler
By Sarevok, do you mean at the end of BG, or at the end of BG2:ToB?
By Drizzt, do you mean currently, during the Hunter's Blades Trilogy?

I am basing my assumptions on it being at their highest showings. Well, looking at Drizzt's official stats in 3e and 2e, and looking at Sarevok's stats in 2e, Sarevok takes it. Why?

1. Drizzt isn't epic in 3e, and he wasn't epic in 3e.
2. Even at the very beginning of ToB, Sarevok was near epic level, and higher then Drizzt's official 2e stats.
3. While Drizzt, in his latest, 17th level incarnation, is a little stronger, the majority of 2e characters recieved a boost in levels when they were converted to 3e.
4. Since I am basing this on being at the end of ToB, Sarevok is almost certainly epic-level.

So, going one their 2e stats, Sarevok wins. Going on 3e stats, Sarevok most likely takes home the cake, if you use some basic logic.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
I think that Errtu is more powerful and he is definetly a bigger guy.

Errtu's out of the class of both of them, so I didn't count him when naming Sarevok the "best big strong guy".

1v1, Errtu owns Drizzt. He's good, but he's no 12 foot, teleporting Balor. Every time they've fought, Drizzt has had help or taken Errtu by surprise. The first time, Errtu was trying to torture him with fire, Icingdeath protects him, Drizzt drains his energy. Bruenor, Cattie-Brie, and a vengeful Wulfgar all had parts in taking Errtu down the second time.

Gamewise, Sarevok kills Drizzt. Endboss>other bosses. And because Drizzt gets hit in the game, where he does not (or at least close enough to it) in the books.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Hulking Hurler
By Sarevok, do you mean at the end of BG, or at the end of BG2:ToB?
By Drizzt, do you mean currently, during the Hunter's Blades Trilogy?

I am basing my assumptions on it being at their highest showings. Well, looking at Drizzt's official stats in 3e and 2e, and looking at Sarevok's stats in 2e, Sarevok takes it. Why?

1. Drizzt isn't epic in 3e, and he wasn't epic in 3e.
2. Even at the very beginning of ToB, Sarevok was near epic level, and higher then Drizzt's official 2e stats.
3. While Drizzt, in his latest, 17th level incarnation, is a little stronger, the majority of 2e characters recieved a boost in levels when they were converted to 3e.
4. Since I am basing this on being at the end of ToB, Sarevok is almost certainly epic-level.

So, going one their 2e stats, Sarevok wins. Going on 3e stats, Sarevok most likely takes home the cake, if you use some basic logic.

Agreed,but for fun, lets make it the end of BG, both had magic immunity.

Darth Sparhawk
What do you think about battle between Sarevok and Drizzt'nemesis, Artemis Entreri?

CorderaMitchell
I could do a thread on it if you wish...

Dizzle
As far as I know, Entreri only has book feats to go by. Plus an insane amount of extra power in his weapons. Sarevok would be pretty screwed.

Even in a BG setting, Entreri would be a Drizzt clone with life draining, smoke shields, and an insane amount of sharpness. (Entreri cut off a wererat's legs pretty easily with Charon's Claw... Sarevok's wouldn't be much different)

Tha C-Master
In the end of BG I'm leaning towards drizzt because he was only hitable by criticals on the first one...

dsafafdsa
I just went to Sarevok at the end of BG and made a friendly Drizzt with the cheats=1 option, and not only did Drizzt mow down Sarevok almost instantly, by himself, but he did it with all of Sarevok's cronies standing around helping him and casting spells, etc.

I don't know about the books or anything, but as far as the game, it really isn't questionable... Drizzt wins.

Symbiotic

Drizzt, for every reason stated here ^^

Overdrive
Hmm right then Sarevok abilities in game and his unmentioned passive moves only available to his class Fighter(Deathbringer). The first is "Deathbringer's Gaze" which stuns/holds ANY opponent even if they are immune, for about... **** i dunno, whenever this move occurred the thing was stunned/held until i killed it, btw this worked on Jon Irenicus(boss in BG2-super badass sorceror/Bhaal essence infused power) and Melissan(boss in BG:ToB-all the Bhaal essences merged into one) amongest everything else.
His other move is called "Deathbringer Assault" allowing him to do a bonus 300 damage plus crit damage which more or less gibs(makes target explode) anything in the entire game.
Also Sarevok after i finished ToB was lvl 30 and he had his ToB powers such as, all crits for 1 round, 10 attacks in one round with a THACO and damage penalty, 10 attacks in one round with no penaltys, 40% physical damage resistance for 1 round every 2 levels of the warrior, a aoe fear/stun save allowed, all his attacks stun unless he makes a save vs death spell at -4 for 2 rounds, all attacks stun and knockback lasts for 2 rounds all attacks are critical hits in the first round no save againist stun works on everything except large creatures plus he is magic immune and life drains with his weapon.
Also Sarevok also manages to kill an entire orcish invading army by himself, and apparrently he assaulted the abyss itself, which is HIGHLY likely that there is alot stronger demons there than Errtu.

StiltmanFTW
Bump.

Surtur
artemis entreri shanks them both and leaves

StiltmanFTW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvUuEtiQtQ&list=PLDC2AC611405A5646&index=4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.