How Much Do You Know About The Star Wars Universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
I'm talking everything.

Movies, cartoons, books, comic books, EU, weapon names, Jedi Names, Sith Lords, Dark Jedi, cortosis and all that other shit!!!

On a percent scale, i wouldn't be surprised if I only knew 10% of the SW universe.

George L. prolly doesn't even know 100% I'm guessing... stick out tongue

darth-yoda
i really dont no much i no of kotor 1 and 2 and a slight bit off NJO that i have rean on KMC i WANNA START TO READ ALOTOF IT

Neo_Version 7
Me too.

darth-yoda
i really dont no much i no of kotor 1 and 2 and a slight bit off NJO that i have rean on KMC i WANNA START TO READ ALOT OF IT

Jack Daniels
I know more than I should probably...lol....(forcejunkie here nodoubt)

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I'm talking everything.

Movies, cartoons, books, comic books, EU, weapon names, Jedi Names, Sith Lords, Dark Jedi, cortosis and all that other shit!!!

On a percent scale, i wouldn't be surprised if I only knew 10% of the SW universe.

George L. prolly doesn't even know 100% I'm guessing... stick out tongue

I know that Grievous CANNOT use the Force.

Jack Daniels
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Neo_Version 7
There goes 8%...

darth-yoda
neo version 7 wht did u mean by me 2 and grevious=noforceuser grevious=worsvilliaenever lol

Gryn Jabar
Not alot I would imagine, I hate the whole NJO premise, and haven't read any of the books. The games however, I know off by heart, and am starting to read the comic books.

Boris
A very small amount.

Neo_Version 7
Grievous IS force potent.

stick out tongue

starwarsfreak34
i haven't read many comics, apart from the thrawn trilogy, but i know enough of sw from the books films movie sources and games. i', familiar with weapons from clone wars ear to NJO, though just slightly down on the vong stuff--including ship names. i am also familiar with government structures and names of jedi/soldiers from pre-empire and njo. overall... i'd say about 70%

starwarsfreak34
Grievous IS force potent.

stick out tongue

No. he isn't at all. no force potential whatsoever. there's hardly enough life in him for it. on the game the force metre is used to represent his mechanical abilities during lightsaber combat

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
i haven't read many comics, apart from the thrawn trilogy, but i know enough of sw from the books films movie sources and games. i', familiar with weapons from clone wars ear to NJO, though just slightly down on the vong stuff--including ship names. i am also familiar with government structures and names of jedi/soldiers from pre-empire and njo. overall... i'd say about 70%

70%?

No wonder you're called 'starwarsfreak'.

Darth Travizzle
Like, 1/8 of the Star Wars Universe.

Djnannadaddy
wow, a percantage...........hmm......rather low....bout 5%

starwarsfreak34
70%?

No wonder you're called 'starwarsfreak'.

you better believe it. i'm the 1--and the only one--people in my school come to to ask questions about SW... though it p is ses me off the way they ask about the films all the time, and some of the younger ones just getting into it because of the new film have been know to ask: 'you know anakin, he's darth vader, right?' laughing

Fishy
Not enough, thats for sure

Darth_Glentract
I know a good deal. probably more than Starwarsfreak, but I think that he thinks he knows more than he eally does. I have read around sixty books, not a lot of comics, read essential guide to characters, weapons, vehicles, new vehicles, and new characters at least three times. Some of my buddies at school know a good deal about SW also and we have competitions. One person asks us questions, and then two people race to try and answer it. I'm the undisputed best, but whatever. Most times I'm just to lazy to type a good answer. Starwarsfreak, remember that I beat you at naming planets.

Probably 30-40%

Neo_Version 7
Geez!

I pale in comparison.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I know a good deal. probably more than Starwarsfreak, but I think that he thinks he knows more than he eally does. I have read around sixty books, not a lot of comics, read essential guide to characters, weapons, vehicles, new vehicles, and new characters at least three times. Some of my buddies at school know a good deal about SW also and we have competitions. One person asks us questions, and then two people race to try and answer it. I'm the undisputed best, but whatever. Most times I'm just to lazy to type a good answer. Starwarsfreak, remember that I beat you at naming planets.

Probably 30-40%

Do these books mean novels only, or do you include handbooks and manuals for the Star Wars RPG by Wizards?

~wickerman~

Neo_Version 7
I think that would be a little TOO much.

Wickerman
I think that would be a little TOO much.

Not really. The Wizards of the Coast handbooks for PnP (pen and paper) games are easy to understand even though they may seem nasty to first-viewers and are oozing with information. For instance i must've read at least 40 such manuals for DnD...

~wickerman~

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Wickerman
Do these books mean novels only, or do you include handbooks and manuals for the Star Wars RPG by Wizards?

~wickerman~

just novels around 40. i was including the kid books in the 60 number.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Probably 30-40%

give yourself a bit more credit! i mean, seriously, i have problably read about the same number of books as that and the essential guides. and i own most of them. i recently read traitor for the ninth time and am about to start TUF for the fifth. seriously, you and i are just about even.

and that match on planets doesn't count. i was trying to use ones that hadn't been used before on the thread. i doubted i could find more from my memory--and dont forget, you probably made most of yours up! laughing

Darth_Glentract
well, you didnt say anything about it at the time. So......

JK. All of those planets were real. Plus, I'm counting all of the infinities out there. I havent read a lot of those.

starwarsfreak34
and i also agree that the WotC does count, very much so. there is nothing wrong with striving for knowledge, no matter what the source--as WotC is pretty rubbish when it comes to giving accurate bios on characters

Darth_Glentract
I never really spent a lot of time looking at wizards stuff. I might start soon while I'm waiting for some new books to come out. Does anyone know much about the nine books series coming out soon?

starwarsfreak34
yes. it is at the moment called the legacy of the force series, and its time period will be known as the legacy era. the first book is entitled Betrayal. the full description can be found on theforce.net

Darth_Glentract
Is the darknest also part of it?

starwarsfreak34
not quite, though it does bridge the gap between legacy and the NJO. did you know that Leia supposedly becomes an apprentice to saba Sebatyne? anyway, all i know is what is on theforce.net

starwarsfreak34
and the reason i know about leai is derived from an excerpt posted on the OS message boards. a conversation between leia and corran leads him to ask whether saba has taught her anything yet, and the front cover of the unseen queen (books 2) is leia wearing jedi robes

Darth_Glentract
I should start going there again. its been awhile.

starwarsfreak34
i prefer theforce.net as it is kept more up to date

matreid
50% cool

Emperor Revan
I would say somewhere around 60%. I can name the species for most aliens, and name off about 30 or more planets from the top of my head.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Djnannadaddy
wow, a percantage...........hmm......rather low....bout 5%
Well now that I think of it, I know like 45% actually...

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
I would say somewhere around 60%. I can name the species for most aliens, and name off about 30 or more planets from the top of my head.

only 30?!?

Darth_Glentract
I really think your overestimating you knowlege Emperor Revan. Revan himself probably only knows 55%

Emperor Revan
Well perhaps, but what do you mean Revan himself only knows 55%?

Darth_Glentract
I was just kidding since you know how Revan had all of Malacor and stuff and I said even he only knows 55%.

Emperor Revan
oh, lol.

Neo_Version 7
I upped my percentage. I am now 11%.

I just learned that "dual-bladed lightsabers" are called "Saber Staffs".

General Zodiac
I know quit a bit. But I can still learn more. I just learned about Exar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.