Jedi Academy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
This game was the shit!

But I liked Jedi Outcast as well. Kyle was so ghetto. laughing

Jack Daniels
Jedi outcast was a fun with the cheats...It was like having different characters to go through the game with switching lightsaber colors at will, catch a trooper behind the corner mind trick em and have him waste his buddies around the other side of the corner then when he runs back for revenge force choke him and throw him off a ledge(when theres a ledge) and being able to fight Luke and good jedi (spawn command) that was cool too....

Neo_Version 7
Luke was kind of a pansy in the game but it's all good.

Jack Daniels
yeah they should made him a little more "uber" powerful but yeah its all good

Neo_Version 7
I mean, otherwise, we'd be controling him instead of Katarn.

Neo_Version 7
Guys, is KOTOR 2 worth picking up?

Fishy
Depends really... I didn't think the game was all that good and it wasn't finished its still worth playing however if you have the money its worth it. If you have to save money for it buy a better game.

Neo_Version 7
I'll just pick up a copy from my friend, no biggie.

But what kind of gameplay is it?

Simliar to JA?

Fishy
Same as Kotor

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Guys, is KOTOR 2 worth picking up?
Ya, but only if you can bring yourself to play through the boring levels of Telos and Peragus. Otherwise, it's a fun game. But you need at least an ounce of patience.

Neo_Version 7
I've never played KOTOR 1.

What's the gameplay like?

Fishy
I don't know how to explain it, but if you haven't played 1, then 2 isn't worth buying get 1 first then play 2.

Neo_Version 7
Just tell me.

Is it like an RPG with a party of peeps or Jedi Academy with saber battles and shoot-ups?

Fishy
RPG, still buy 1 first.

Neo_Version 7
Alright.

I'll give the first one a try.

So it's kinda like Final Fantasy?

Darth Travizzle
Alright.

Not, quite... just play it, and just in case you don't like it, rent it first before buying it. That way you save a couple of bucks in case you don't like it. But if you do..... you kinda wasted money that's being put towards buying the game.....

Darth Koroni
Alright.

No, more like the D20 system for DnD.

matreid
I got both games. They kick ass! big grin

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
No, more like the D20 system for DnD.

Hasbro's on another crusade to take over the world huh? no

~wickerman~

The Ones
im stuck on jedi outcast. im in this room where theres a walkway to the center with a power core. theres 4 doors around the room but one of them has no way of getting to and its ray shielded. can someone help?

Dirty Vader
what level?

§pearhead
TO, that sounds like it's the first level or so.

If it is, look for an elevator in one of the rooms, and make sure you got the night vision goggles, or w/e they're called...I don't remember, it's been a while since I've played SP.

Tbh, I'm addicted to Outcast Multiplayer...I'm a member of a clan actually...if someone wants to meet up or something, just tell me.

The Ones
thanks spear, and when ever i go online to play no one is on. what time do you usualy go on?

§pearhead
Well, first tell me, did you download the update?

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/jedioutcast2.htm You'll need 1.04 to connect to Academy mods, which most servers use.

I'm with clan JU actually, we use the server named ............................J. I'm Mourningstar.

We have a filter though...if you want to connect, you'll need a name other than padawan, which is the default stick out tongue

The Ones
yes andn what name do i need and how do i change it?

§pearhead
Anything other than Padawan.

When the MP screen first comes up, on the right I think is profile...change the name from Padawan to w/e you'd like...

rememeber when you go to 'join server', you change it from LAN to internet, and then refresh list...we're toward the top.

peejay88
I also go on Academy multiplayer, but i suck with a lightsaber lol and the servers are full of ppl who take it dead serious and must be on the game for like all their 'lives'. So siege is the best option for me because it is also similar to return to castle Wolfenstein multiplayer. Did anyone used to play on Mysteries of the sith and Dark Forces 2 multiplayer? Any idea if there are any servers still up and running and being used on them games, if so i might dig em out, install and relive the good ol' days

§pearhead
I never played any of those older ones actually. How do they compare with the newer ones?

peejay88

mauls_apprentic
is jedi outcast internet connection good

mauls_apprentic
and internet gameplay

peejay88
Originally posted by mauls_apprentic
is jedi outcast internet connection good

If you've played jedi academy internet play, then youve pretty much played outcast. It lacks dual sabers and saber staff though.If you've not played either then it's pretty hard to describe. You should wait for someone intelligent and articulate to answer your question instead of a bum like me lol. The connection is usually very good though, not much lagging and the FPS is usually not much different from singleplayer.

§pearhead
I prefer outcast actually. Keeping the saber a single style makes it less likely that newbies are you going to hit you with lucky shots, and also...the academy administrators are blatant abusers. It kinda bugs me.

Ofc, I'm used to the single saber and the clan I'm with makes people follow rules stringently...if you're into the capture the flag and team free for alls than there's no rules to uphold. Depends on what you want. Academy does have game modes, and siege is quite amusing. Essentially, they're the same game with different characters and sabers. The connection is great--unless you've 56 k. Then don't look into either of them.

Wickerman
Man, i'd LOVE to be in a Jedi Academy clan, but alas, i have no server addy, nor do i think i'm quite skilled enough, even though i've finished the game on single player 7 times on every damn difficulty level sad

~wickerman~

Clawed The Bum
Kotor is not JE. i have SW kotors and JE. JE in my opinion is a little better becuase you really get the feeling of being all powerful. in Kotor you are like Yay i am Blank( everyone knows who) i am powerful. but when it comes to combat you cant do like 20 foot jumbs and shoot fireballs out of your hand at will and suman dragons and turn into 30 foot monsters and have real time combat. but the conversates are the same. like multiple choices and OP(open palm) = lightside CF(closed fist) = darkside. yeah and instead of one character at a time it is 2 characters at a time. the positive things about kotor is that since it is a rpg it has like a crap load of force powers. and it also has a very good story line. but i would highly not recomend kotor 2 withour one. first off if you play kotor 2 first and not one you will miss the moves/stuff that you dont get in the first one. if you play the first one the story will be a lot better and you won't miss stuff like forms and 10 different lightsaber colors and stuff that you get in kotor one. JE > KOTOR 1 > KOTOR 2 ( overall)
KOTOR 1 > JE > KOTOR 2 ( storywise)

exanda kane
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy both way overpowered the characters, and i dislike Katarn and the way puts down Luke, but there you go. I'd really likely like to see a new one where your Luke, but I supposed we have a duelling game with Ep.3 now (is that worth buying?).

KOTOR is probably my favorite game, its just so wonderfully geeky :P, I've got KOTOR 2 but it doesnt work on my PC still :')

§pearhead
Originally posted by Wickerman
Man, i'd LOVE to be in a Jedi Academy clan, but alas, i have no server addy, nor do i think i'm quite skilled enough, even though i've finished the game on single player 7 times on every damn difficulty level sad

~wickerman~

Meh.

For the most part, the skill-based clans are the ones who are comprised of the biggest jerks. If you want to have fun, try to look for one that accepts people more on personality than anything...I've been in both kind of groups, and the respect one was by far more fun...

Wickerman

Fishy
Okay Its official JA sucks... My second CD is broken so I can't install it :P

2Tidus!

2Tidus!
WTF?? When I try to go it on on the console it sais

JK2MP: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 3 2002
Initialising zone memory .....
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
CermProgram Files\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\base\assets1.pk3 (8011 files)
CermProgram Files\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\base\assets0.pk3 (6674 files)
CermProgram Files\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/base

----------------------
14685 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
couldn't exec jk2mpconfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'CermWINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using desktop display depth of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

§pearhead
Originally posted by 2Tidus!
Bring it on. I'm the co member of a very well known clan called RoTS.

oh yes.

The ones who did nothing about cracky hacking the crap out of everyone.

Assistant Councilor of Recruitment from Jedi Unleashed here...happy

2Tidus!
Yeah, RoTS and RoTJ is the most elite clan in the MP gaming. Got the game to work finally. Bad thing about the clan is that, the members barely log on. So I'm thinking of joining another clan.

Nice possision too.

Red style owns. While Yellow style is the coolest style. Your opponents swings his lightsabre at you with Red Style, you crouch and then press crouch+attack, doing a kinda stab. Two or one stabs and his dead. Looks cool too.

§pearhead
Yellow's my favorite, I'm better with red...but I have to admit, blue's the most fun to use. Nothing like chasing off after someone who knows the game, spinning around like a 'tard...and as they plan an easy hit on you, do a red aerial into their head. Best way to confuse the hell out of people big grin

Meh, I was wondering about that. Somehow, i doubt you're hitman...so who are you messed

2Tidus!
In Outcast? My name is Gundam
In real, It's Vlad stick out tongue.

Nah, I like using Blue Style chasing down noobs! They start healing and healing and stuff. You keep on hitting him, they keep on running away from you stick out tongue.

§pearhead
hmm...I'm not remembering an RoTS Gundam...probably because we avoid each other.

There's an RoTS, ban on site thing at our server erm we're kinda paranoid about you guys...

2Tidus!
LoL. Do you know a clan called MGS??? Me and Snake made it. It was mad good. We had good players and stuff, even our own site. But then Snake quit or something, and it fell apart.

§pearhead
Snake from JJ?

Yea...we hate JJ too yes

2Tidus!
It keeps on saying this in my console and doesn't let me go into Multiplayer!

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

§pearhead
It's a video problem I think...

2Tidus!
I know why. I'm missing the autoexec.cfg and jk2mpconfig.cfg

could somebody pleaaaase send them to me on [email protected]?

2Tidus!
Got it fixed. Anyway, no I'm a part of a clan called KD.

LordSorgo
I remember the good old days of XBOX live with JKJA....

IT was fun.

Ken Kenobi
Anyone still playing in MP?

I've been playing my game again and I need tons of practice against guys I know.

If you ever want to duel sometime I use the name -=DSA=-KenoKenobi

Anatolia

§pearhead
meh, I already pmed you, I'll pm you the link for our forums though

I would suggest posting a topic in the complaints board, seen as how I'm with Recruitment, I deal with people getting in...rather than people who were kicked out.

Darth_Janus
Uh, does anyone still play Jedi Academy online? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I definately want the PC version because of all the mods.

They have jedi jawas!

Rayvann Sadow
I hated JA...stupid rookie knight takes out Marka Ragnos...my god what shit.

Darth_Janus
I hated the story mode. But the multi ruled.

Rayvann Sadow
Well I have a high speed cable connection, but the only multi games I play are Age of Mythology and other RTS.

Neo_Version 7
This game was awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.