Do you believe in miricles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

andylc716
Do you belive in miricles? Have you every been givin a miricle?

Echuu
Yes to both questions.

debbiejo
Yep....

XxoooxX
If god gives us miricles. Why doesen't he give the starving and dieing afericans miricles?

Do we need them more?

Things do happen out of the ordenarry. But doesen't mean god did it.

Storm
Even if we grant that a "miraculous" event is indeed exceptional enough to warrant an exceptional explanation, we could, for example, postulate that the event was caused by the incredible powers of human minds rather than the incredible powers of a god' s mind. This explanation is no less credible and in fact has the advantage that we know that humans minds exist, whereas the existence of a god' s mind is questionable.

If someone is going to advance one supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation for an exceptional event, they have to be willing to consider every other supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation. The question which thus faces the believer is: how can one possibly compare all these different explanations? How on earth can one reasonably support the idea that something occurred because of a god rather than human telepathy or ghosts?

Every religion seems to make claims of miraculous events. If one religion' s claims are right and that religion' s god exists, what is the explanation for all the other miracles in other religions? It seems unlikely that the Christian god was causing miraculous healings in the name of ancient Greek gods at one time.

debbiejo
I think it is the belief and not the name of the god...

finti
what is a miricle

debbiejo
It Miricle Whip, you put it on sandwiches. Don't you believe in it?

finti
oh the great mayo, reminds me to go to the international store to get some real yankee mayo and peanut butter

debbiejo
See, you do believe in it, you just need to go to a special place to see them.

That's a new word...yankee mayo....never heard it called that. blink

finti
dont believe in it just eat it, yeah US mayonnaise is the best that there is so it is yankee mayo wink

debbiejo
Well I'm from the north, so I'm a yankee....And I love mayo...good on tuna....It's a miracle that whip stuff.....You justa gotta whip it good!

See I'm still on topic...

finti
all americans are yankees to us, and whip it good by DEVO?

debbiejo
Yup...DEVO......Not sure if they like mayo though....But they like to whip it....

joeykangaroo
i think i do...

echuu what was yours?

finti
miricle of whip

Bardock42
Hmm...No to the first question, yes to the second.....

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
miricle of whip

Or a miracle with whip.

XxoooxX
Originally posted by Storm
Even if we grant that a "miraculous" event is indeed exceptional enough to warrant an exceptional explanation, we could, for example, postulate that the event was caused by the incredible powers of human minds rather than the incredible powers of a god' s mind. This explanation is no less credible and in fact has the advantage that we know that humans minds exist, whereas the existence of a god' s mind is questionable.

If someone is going to advance one supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation for an exceptional event, they have to be willing to consider every other supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation. The question which thus faces the believer is: how can one possibly compare all these different explanations? How on earth can one reasonably support the idea that something occurred because of a god rather than human telepathy or ghosts?

Every religion seems to make claims of miraculous events. If one religion' s claims are right and that religion' s god exists, what is the explanation for all the other miracles in other religions? It seems unlikely that the Christian god was causing miraculous healings in the name of ancient Greek gods at one time.

Ya we don't need a god to do things out of the ordenarry.

vaya_the_elf
I do believe in them myself, but i don't think they are a common thing.

Echuu
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
i think i do...

echuu what was yours?

What was what now? The miracle?

Oh; well there are two. The first I won't even mention because I'll automatically be scoffed at but the second one was when I was ten. I went through a glass window when someone was chasing me. lol

The way my arms and body was positioned when I went in my face should have been totally mauled by the glass. But somehow my nose only got a tiny scrape. Me right arm took the punishment. And then I also got cut in my stomach and it came close to my liver.
Now of course most will say it was all luck and I guess some of it was that; but after recalling this incident over and over my arms were in no way protecting my face- it was an odd ordeal.

finti
you are right it is called luck

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
you are right it is called luck

I don't believe in Luck...except if you define luck as something happening that you really want or like to happen.......

I don't believe in Miracles either, cause I don't believe in a Transzendent being....

I guess you could call me a Semi-Determinist.....also I am not sure aboot that....

debbiejo
OH...miracle happen all the time.

finti
just that they are really lucky events

The MISTER
A miracle is something that happens that can't happen. Very different than luck.

Of course I believe in miracles because I believe in infinity. Infinity cannot be explained but I believe that it exists.

How can you explain something existing but having no beginning of any sort? It's a miracle.

CorderaMitchell
I believe in miracles because too many times have I had a family member back too me who should've been gone by medical means.

debbiejo
I had an interesting miracle happen once when I was driving to a friends and she lived by Detroit Metro Airport...I heard this voice in my head that kept telling to go home...In fact..I was arguing with it, cause I wanted to see my friend Barbie...she likes to party...well, good thing I did go home...a jet crashed right there where I was going...she lived near that airport and I would of been right on I-94, and both cross roads to get to her house....If I would of gone, my timing would of been perfect for me meeting that jet debris....There was only one survivor...a baby.....And I wouldn't be chatting with you now....It wasn't luck at all...

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by XxoooxX
If god gives us miricles. Why doesen't he give the starving and dieing afericans miricles?

Do we need them more?

Things do happen out of the ordenarry. But doesen't mean god did it.

I think u'll find it does mean god did it, I have asked god personally for things and he has given me them and more. How can things happen different without someone with extreme powers to help you or to do it? Your technically saying you have more power than god has himself. If someone, some pure christian went over to africa and asked god to help him heal the people around him it would happen.

finti
yeah sure god has

mr.smiley
The biggest miracle I've ever herd of came from my 7th grade science teacher.She was in a traffic jam due to a car wreck.She started praying to God that the person who was in the crash would be alright.One month later she got a letter in the mail from the woman who had been in the crash.She told my old teacher that while she was knocked out in the hostpital an angel came to her and gave her my old teachers adress and also informed her that she was praying for her.My science teacher was amazed and even showed us all the letter.Two complete strangers,they had never met.

debbiejo
Any new miracles anyone?

lil bitchiness
Of course. I see them every day.

Son of Man
Yes, I do.

DrDoom101
yes, i do

debbiejo
I see them and it's not just in the christian church.

Mindship
Originally posted by debbiejo
It Miricle Whip, you put it on sandwiches. Don't you believe in it?

< believes in the Whip

BobbyD
Yes, miraculous things happen ALL THE TIME, but does not necessarily mean it was a miracle. Are there miracles as in divine intervantion, yes. When it happens, and which it is, no one can tell.

Punker69
Originally posted by andylc716
Do you belive in miricles? Have you every been givin a miricle?

Yes to both questions. I've seen too many happen to not believe in miracles. I've had to many miracles that i've prayed for happen to not believe that God was behind it.

Shakyamunison
Please define what a miricle is.

Son of Man
n 1: any amazing or wonderful occurrence 2: a marvellous event manifesting a supernatural act of God

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Son of Man
n 1: any amazing or wonderful occurrence 2: a marvellous event manifesting a supernatural act of God

Ok

1. A sunset is an amazing wonderful occurrence.

2. The human body is a marvellous thing that manifests God.

I don't know what you mean by supernatural (other than a really cool CD my Santana).

Please define supernatural.

Son of Man
Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
Of or relating to a deity.
Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
Of or relating to the miraculous.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Son of Man
Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
Of or relating to a deity.
Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
Of or relating to the miraculous.

There is nothing outside the natural world. God is not outside of nature. All things are part of God.

Black holes seem to violate or go beyond natural forces, but still they are part of God.

A flower is related to a deity.

All things are part of God and therefore divine.

All things are miraculous. If you don't believe me, study the workings of a living cell.

GCG
I will believe in miracles when they get spelt right.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GCG
I will believe in miracles when they get spelt right.

Did I spell something wrong? If I did please forgive me.

GCG
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Did I spell something wrong? If I did please forgive me.

I was not refering to you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GCG
I was not refering to you.

Oh! man what a relief.

Tails x 20
Yes, i do because a miracle is basicly something good that happens out of the blue. And i've had incounter's with miracles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.