Scarlet Witch's power scourse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson Phoenix
Ok, wanda'a powers have been ill defined for very long, and I still havent got to grips with what her real powers are.

Originally, she caused disasters using her probability altering hex bolts, then we were told that she actually controls chaos magics. Then in dissasembled, we're told choas magic doesnt exist, and that she alters reality. There are several occasions were we are told her power derives from magic, so i assume that her mutation allows her to tap into mystical energy to control reality... but (spoilers for House of m #1) when everyone was in genosha looking for wanda, Dr strange coudnt sense any magics...

And so i come to my point; why coudnt Dr strange sense wanda, unless wanda's power doesnt actually derive from magic at all, but something else completely...

What does everyone else think?

stormfront13
i think you may be on to something

Blair Wind
i think her powers are confusing......

xmarksthespot
Her powers have constantly changed over the years. Maybe House of M will give the definitive answer the way Phoenix: Endsong more or less did for the whole Jean/Phoenix relationship.

ScarletSpider
I think Bendis is a ****ing talentless hack. For years now, Dr. Strange has used and commented upon Chaos Magicks, they do exist, he's used them! He offered to take Wanda on as an apprentice and teach her to use them. Bendis just doesn't like to do any research or follow continuity in making his stories.

8bitChris
Yeah well asking Wanda what her power source is is like asking the millions of mutants on Marvel Earth what their power source is. Short answer, who knows? It's comics.

The only two that I know for sure is that Cyclops's optic blasts is converted solar energy and Havok's blasts are converted cosmic energy.

Crimson Phoenix
oops, just reaised i posted this in the vs thread. but oh well

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think Bendis is a ****ing talentless hack. For years now, Dr. Strange has used and commented upon Chaos Magicks, they do exist, he's used them! He offered to take Wanda on as an apprentice and teach her to use them. Bendis just doesn't like to do any research or follow continuity in making his stories.

So, Dr strange has used chaos magics? Bendis really didnt do his homework at all

ScarletSpider
Yes, Dr. Strange has used Chaos Magics multiple times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.