Thor vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WAF3001
People think Thor can take on Superman.
People think Hulk can take on Superman.
But, which of these "Marvel Supermen" could win in a fight against each other?

Cosmic Cube
Neither are really a "Marvel Superman"

This thread has been done.

kgkg
Thor can take Superman

Thor can also take Hulk

Hulk might be able to take Superman, but it's not very likely, Supes can't be trading punches that's for sure.

Thor has made Savage Hulk practically beg to throw his hammer away.

WAF3001
y rn't u guys usin the poll???

Zod4Life
The Hulk wins.End of discussion.

In one of the old Hulk movies,the Hulk fought Thor and he beat the living daylights out of Thor.I remember that movie like I just saw it yestersay.

KillAll
Originally posted by Zod4Life
I remember that movie like I just saw it yestersay.

maybe you did saw it yesterday???

Grammaton
The hulk has beaten Thor waaaaay too many times - although not without Thor giving a good fight (and even battling him to a standstill) - fact is without a little help from dad Thor is gonna get hammered (lol)....

long pig
Hulk never wins when the Mjolnir comes into play. And Thor stalemating him h2h just shows you that he can hang.
But Hulk, as said before, is afriad of one thing, and that thing is Mjolnir in the hands of Thor.
Ever wonder why Thor never unleashes a odin blast on Hulk? Because it'd probably kill him.

Thor wins 9/10

daniel18
For F@ck sakes hulk wins snap that stupid hammer in half

Grammaton
Originally posted by long pig
Hulk never wins when the Mjolnir comes into play. And Thor stalemating him h2h just shows you that he can hang.
But Hulk, as said before, is afriad of one thing, and that thing is Mjolnir in the hands of Thor.
Ever wonder why Thor never unleashes a odin blast on Hulk? Because it'd probably kill him.

Thor wins 9/10

Or maybe he's worried he'll tick off Hulk so much that he'll be made to eat that hammer of his...

Zod4Life
Originally posted by KillAll
maybe you did saw it yesterday???

No,I saw it last year around the summer time.It was a really good movie.

shaolin9976
Thor needed the entire avengers team to slow down the Hulk...can you imagine if it's one on one?

Zod4Life
Thor would be killed in a one on one fight with the Hulk.

WAF3001
I new this would get both sides having good reasons for why they can win. This is a good match-up!

kgkg
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Thor would be killed in a one on one fight with the Hulk.
One on one Thor has defeated Hulk few times not easily

Thor is always holding back because hulk causes problem for the public.

ZephroCarnelian
Thor has similar attributes to Supes in terms of strength speed etc.

And he has even more when you take into account his magical blasts etc.

He can take down Hulk.

Hulk could also take down Thor, but only if Thor decides he wants a slugfest lol! big grin

Tough Guy
thor an only win with magic, and even then thats just transporting hulk somewhere ( why hulk fears mojner), however hit him with the hammer all day long, blast him with god force etc hel just heal double quick time and get so pissed tor will need to transport hulk away to protect himself. however i respect thor as a character and certainly know he can hang with hulk for a time, its just hulk gets too powerful at te point f ultimate pissed offedness

demigawd
Superman >> Thor >>>>> Hulk >>>>>>>> J00

long pig
Superman>Thor>>>Hulk>>>>>>>J00
That's more fair.

demigawd
I'll take it. Superman's superspeed is the biggest differentiator in their fight, IMO.

long pig
Yeah, he'd still get a few wins out of 10, maybe 4/10, but I have doubts about him getting a majority over Superman.

As for Hulk, Thor is his superior in nearly everything. Thor wins 10/10

Tough Guy
long pig u talk nonsense, thor wont take it 10 out of 10, thor is no equal to hulk, who has no physical equals, and can only rely on transporting hulk once hulk reaches a level of anger that goes beyond thores strength, yes he can hang with hulk as many have, yet as a character hulk has the potential to be too powerful in a battle with mojlners transportation thors only salvation

Grammaton
Yeah, he'd still get a few wins out of 10, maybe 4/10, but I have doubts about him getting a majority over Superman.

As for Hulk, Thor is his superior in nearly everything. Thor wins 10/10

Exactly how is Thor superior in nearly everything?!?...Thor's ONLY chance to hold Hulk off (temporarily) is to use his hammer - Hulk has NO physical equal in the Marvel Universe - and that includes Thor!... I mean seriously the more you tick the guy off the stronger he gets - he doesn't get stronger until a certain point...he only gets stronger...This of course isn't taking into account his almost instantaneous healing/regeneration powers...

long pig
OdinForce=K.O'd Hulk. That's why Thor always holds back when they fight, that and Hulk goes around destroying buildings after Thor knocks him into them.

Thor will never lose against Hulk in a bloodlust fight. Ever.

Superior in what ways, you ask?

Strength-Thor is stronger at first, but of course Hulk ends up stronger until Thor K.O's his ass.

Speed-Thor

Skill-Thor

Intelligence-Thor

Weaponry-Thor

Experience-Thor

Tactics-Thor

Range of Attacks-Thor (long range short range yada yada)

Grammaton
OdinForce=K.O'd Hulk. That's why Thor always holds back when they fight, that and Hulk goes around destroying buildings after Thor knocks him into them.

Thor will never lose against Hulk in a bloodlust fight. Ever.

Superior in what ways, you ask?

Strength-Thor is stronger at first, but of course Hulk ends up stronger until Thor K.O's his ass.

Speed-Thor

Skill-Thor

Intelligence-Thor

Weaponry-Thor

Experience-Thor

Tactics-Thor

Range of Attacks-Thor (long range short range yada yada)

Of course i'll have to disagree with you to make this interesting big grin

Strength - both at class 100 level so they are the same - Hulk obviously eventually exceeding this..

Speed - Hulk is able to give the likes of Wolverine & Spiderman an ass kicking most of the time - both of whom would rely on their
speed and agility in a fight with the Hulk...

Skill - Debatable as Hulk has fought entire teams (and armies) at once - somthing which would require a great deal of skill - whereas Thor barely has the skill to fight an enemy one on one...

Intelligence - Prof Hulk? Intelligence level genius im afraid...Savage Hulk - of course it would go to Thor..

Weaponry - Thor = Hammer...Hulk = Bare hands (I think this one is obvious)...

Experience - Again like I said Hulk has experience in fighting entire armies/teams at once (and coming out on top) - but seeing as Thor's probably been alive a few hundred (thousand?) years i'd go with Thor...

Tactics - Same as skills...

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Grammaton
Of course i'll have to disagree with you to make this interesting big grin k.............

Strength - both at class 100 level so they are the same - Hulk obviously eventually exceeding this..

Yes but Thor's weapon more than compensates for that.

Speed - Hulk is able to give the likes of Wolverine & Spiderman an ass kicking most of the time - both of whom would rely on their
speed and agility in a fight with the Hulk...
Thats because they have no choice in anything but dodging around, wolverine has near killed the hulk, spidey has devised a means.

Hulk is super fast, and able to leap great distances, but he isn't as useful via "quickness" compared to other characters.

Skill - Debatable as Hulk has fought entire teams (and armies) at once - somthing which would require a great deal of skill - whereas Thor barely has the skill to fight an enemy one on one...

Thats not hulks skill, hulk is in "hulk smash mode mroe often than not, and by that means, his strength and durability would see him through.

Intelligence - Prof Hulk? Intelligence level genius im afraid...Savage Hulk - of course it would go to Thor..

Hulk is also instable, and could falter easily given on the situation, and though he is intelligent, his mental instability usuall counterproduces this.

Weaponry - Thor = Hammer...Hulk = Bare hands (I think this one is obvious)...

Yep
Experience - Again like I said Hulk has experience in fighting entire armies/teams at once (and coming out on top) - but seeing as Thor's probably been alive a few hundred (thousand?) years i'd go with Thor...

Becuase of power which is no different than Wolverine taking lethal hits.
Tactics - Same as skills...

Its more applied, skill becomes instinctive due to training and such.

Grammaton
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
k.............

Yes but Thor's weapon more than compensates for that.

Thats because they have no choice in anything but dodging around, wolverine has near killed the hulk, spidey has devised a means.

Hulk is super fast, and able to leap great distances, but he isn't as useful via "quickness" compared to other characters.

Thats not hulks skill, hulk is in "hulk smash mode mroe often than not, and by that means, his strength and durability would see him through.

Hulk is also instable, and could falter easily given on the situation, and though he is intelligent, his mental instability usuall counterproduces this.

Yep

Becuase of power which is no different than Wolverine taking lethal hits.

Its more applied, skill becomes instinctive due to training and such.

Ok...

Strength - I believe Thor's strength to be in the 100 class range only because of his hammer (although I could be wrong) - having said that there is no way Hulk is going to falter on the strength issue, I mean limitless strength has meaning?...

Speed - The fact that Hulk is able to do more than just stand there and be attacked by Wolverine, Spidey shows that speed is somthing the Hulk does not fail on - also being more "animal" like his speed and reflexes exceed Thor's - who has shown little if any demonstration of excessive speed in battles...

Intelligence - We are talking about the intelligence of Banner - a genius in the MU (easily on par with Doom and Richards) whether he's "unstable" at the time has nothing to do with his intelligence level - Thor's intelligence is most likely limited to that of a normal human if that (I mean the guy knows only how to fight?)...

Tactics/Skill - If your talking about instinctual behaviour then I see no reason why Hulk should fall behind - being as much an animal as a man...Although I agree Thor due to his age would be on par with him...

And since we are talking about relevance in a fight between the 2 - does Thor's healing/regeneration come even close to Hulks? I think not...

long pig
Thor can go into warrior madness, 10x his norm strength, even harder to match his strength

Thor is very very fast, in fact, his speed is called "Godly"

Not debatable at all. Thor is his superior in skill a hundred fold.

Of course Savage, Prof Hulk wouldn't last a few seconds.

Not at all, Thors hammer is >>>>>>>Hulk's fist. The hammer will own Hulk.

Yup, and he is a hundred fold more experience.

Actually, I meant he knows how to use any terran to his advantage.

Hulk can not win.

Grammaton
You might want to explain then how it is that Hulk HAS won...numerous times? lol...I mean according to you he isn't as strong, not as fast, not as skilled, not as intelligent (depending on which form)...

long pig
Hulk has never beaten a Bloodlisted Thor. He has only beaten a Thor who is holding back immensely.

The only reason Hulk ver won was because 1.Thor didn't use his hammer full force, because 2. Thor always holds back on Hulk, because he respects Banner and doesn't want to kill him.

Bloodlusted Thor wins 10/10

Grammaton
Thor could never handle an outraged Hulk - I actually cant see the reasoning behind Thor apparently holding back time and time again just to have his head kicked in - your telling me he allows himself to get beaten so he doesnt have to "kill" the hulk...lol - if only everyone was as nice as Thor eh?...

kgkg
Hulk has never beaten a Bloodlisted Thor. He has only beaten a Thor who is holding back immensely.

The only reason Hulk ver won was because 1.Thor didn't use his hammer full force, because 2. Thor always holds back on Hulk, because he respects Banner and doesn't want to kill him.

Bloodlusted Thor wins 10/10
10/10 i though you said 9/10 lol

Anyways it's probably somewhere 7/10 , 8/10 win for Thor

Hulk’s strength can grow rapidly, it all depends on how angry hulk can get.

He has previous crush Thor in battle (but it is always clear Thor is the morepowerful of them two, even holding back)

Tough Guy
absalute rubbish, strength- hulk
speed - irrelevant
healing- hulk
durability hulk
inteligence- prof hulk, , who flattened juggie ( someone who continually murders thor) and held up a mountain range me thinks.
tor warrior madnes or not is not in hulks league physically should hulk really lose it. i know he has been written hanging with him b4 as has namour, thing, juggie and others who would clearly fall shoud hulk reach the levels of power he has in other comics, but without his ability to teleport hulk he has no chance, and knows this. god or odin force have not been used on hulk b4 so i dont know what your on about there. chances are they would stun hulk, and piss him off. hulk has almost kiled thor b4 in a comic, thor never has had that luxury

savage hulk
hey boys

savage hulk
read the hulk annual 2001 hulk smash thor with hammer

olympian
"long pig u talk nonsense, thor wont take it 10 out of 10"

"Hulk has NO physical equal in the Marvel Universe"

Lets have sme common sense here. No Top Tier hero is going to take 10 out of 10 against each other. Let it be Supes and glads, or cap Marvel, or Hulk and Thor. None. 10 out of 10 with these guys doesnt exist.

Second Hulk does have equals in the marvel Universe. How many times he won against immortal Hercules? None. How many times he won against Thor? One if you count.

And that last pic still didnt got Thor knocked out. Hulk never did that.

So he does have equals. Its when he gets uber pissed that he gets above those. Thing is he rarely gets in that level.

Tough Guy
well hulk has no physical equals as he has no end to his strength , end of story really. immortal herc is no stronger than normal herc, thor himself knows he can only hang with hulk till hulk gets too powerful physically for him, hulk was created that way, to be able to out beat anyone when he needs to by way of unlimited strength, healing etc tied to his anger. something thor, herc juggie do not have

Tough Guy
he gets super angry only at times or else every comic hed whoop whoever he was fighting, and your aboms, thors and namours etc would have no point in fighting

whirlysplat
Originally posted by WAF3001
People think Thor can take on Superman.
People think Hulk can take on Superman.
But, which of these "Marvel Supermen" could win in a fight against each other?

Some ill informed people big grin

olympian
"Strength - I believe Thor's strength to be in the 100 class range only because of his hammer (although I could be wrong)"

Thor strengh is high class 100 without the hammer. Like Glads, Herc and Hulk.

"immortal herc is no stronger than normal herc"

That depends on the writter. Some write him has having same strengh. Most didnt. Theres more examples of him not having the same strengh than the other way around. Like Hulk/Herc unleased. Like Avengers#12 by Busiek. Like Thunderbolts #22. Like Hercs 3 issue mini during 97. In any of these it was stated his strengh was much lower.

It was only during Thor latest volumes than Jurgens wrote him as having his full strenght. But still missing his godly stamina, invulnerability and immortality.

olympian
And again Hulk does have equals. Jugs, Glads, Herc and Thor are psysical equals. Its when Hulk gets -above- normal levels that he -may- win.

Immortal Herc was never beaten.

Thor has match Hulks strengh for an hour and his incresing rage and none gained an advantage.

Hulk won against Glads via plot device.

Hulk won against Classic Juggernaut when was amped by apocalypse.

None wer -clear- wins. Nor easy.

Grammaton
I think the clear fact that places Hulk at the number 1 spot here is his CAPACITY for limitless strength - Hulk can have equals in the physical department only uptil a certain point...He WILL eventually surpass all in this field...

olympian
What places him above is the ability to increase his strenght up the normal high class. Limitess for me is a huge stretch.

Grammaton
I think you want to have words with Marvel then lol...Im not giving an opinion im stating a fact - given by Marvel themselves big grin

Tough Guy
very good point grammaton. hulk only has physical equals to a point, as he has limitless strength potential its up to the writers to use that power to its full advantage which of course theyre not all the time ( and there are countless examples of hulk proving himself t have strength that surpasses itself ) as hulk would never lose a brawl or draw whick would be pretty straight forward reading in a hulk v thor fight and would get boring

Tough Guy
like these threads that constantly pit powerhouses aganst mus top powerhouse

DEVILHULK
Originally posted by olympian
And again Hulk does have equals. Jugs, Glads, Herc and Thor are psysical equals. Its when Hulk gets -above- normal levels that he -may- win.

Immortal Herc was never beaten.

Thor has match Hulks strengh for an hour and his incresing rage and none gained an advantage.

Hulk won against Glads via plot device.

Hulk won against Classic Juggernaut when was amped by apocalypse.

None wer -clear- wins. Nor easy.

Marvel did not want to make cry too many fans,and he never write the hulk like he should be written (referring to the guys you mentioned)

1) hulk beat Gladiator before tossing him in the reactor,sorry.Yes there is a clear plot device, but the hulk beat him just before he tossed him in the reactor (fact)

2) thor's example could have only 2 explanation :

a) bad writing

b) see my introduction ( fans cry...) ; if the dynamic strenght works like it should work, Thor in a slugfest is dead.Something we saw in the hulk annual 2001 and some other times.

3) Juggernaut? War found his limit.It means that the hulk (not amped) could find the limit, and while his strenght is limitless , Juggy's power does has a limit.War found out it.

4) Hercules ? Hercules never beat the hulk.The hulk almost killed him saved by Zeus, does not matter that version was depowered, it was a clear victory for the hulk and a loss for Hercules.Whatever you say we are 1-0.Or better.....considering the Byrne 's Animal i see that fight an Hercules's defeat since the hulk fought,alone, 12 heroes plus Hercules,and Hercules with the helps of two avengers teams could not beat his opponent (the hulk)

olympian
"Marvel did not want to make cry too many fans,and he never write the hulk like he should be written (referring to the guys you mentioned)"

They wrote the stories anyway, if it made someone cry or not, its not my concern.

"Hercules ? Hercules never beat the hulk."

Same way that Hulk never beat Hercules.

"The hulk almost killed him saved by Zeus, does not matter that version was depowered, it was a clear victory "

Sure it matters. A depowered version against someone whos not depowered its never a -clean- victory. They needed to depower Herc for Hulk to beat him, really clean here.

Lets put a Hulk who starts less than 100 class strengh and doesnt have the ability to increase with rage. Like Joe Fixit but without the rage increase. Against the classic powered Hercules. After he beats that Hulk im sure - you- would call it a clean victory eh?.

"see that fight an Hercules's defeat since the hulk fought,alone, 12 heroes plus Hercules

Hercules alone fought him. Its true. It waset beaten or battered. Another true. You have the comic right? Look in what part it says they will hold back. It was until Hulk slapped She Hulk when she was trying to calm him down. What happens next? Avengers say they wont hold anymore and they will go for the kill. How long does Hulk lasts after that?
- how long - .

olympian
"12 heroes plus Hercules,and Hercules with the helps of two avengers teams could not beat his opponent (the hulk)"

So the guy who is uncousncious in the ground is not beaten? They did win. In another comic Jugs and Hulk together coulnt put an avengers team down with only 5 members. Both classic Jugs and Hulk mate.

long pig
He-Man is stronger than Hulk, infinatly stronger. Hulk is a child compaired to He-Man.

So, no. Hulk isn't the strongest hero in all comics. He's probably top 10.

olympian
Hes definatly top 10. Even top 5.

DarkCrawler
If they both have unlimited strenght, arent they equal?

long pig
He-Man can amp his strength to what he wants in an instant. No anger required.
So, by that, he is better.

ImmortalOne
Thor will win ....... I hope so !!

If y'all read the comic Spider Man: The origin of the SpiderClan

Hulk is a Godzilla (green of course), and Thor is BRUCE BANNER !!!

Thor (BB) can take on Hulkzilla and a nigh-omnipotent demon called Dormamu....

So THOR WINS !!

BTW, this comic is so cool, Dr. Strange is a young punk with a cape and shades. Toni Stark is a GIRL !! Human Torch is a GIRL !! Namor is not ugly !!!

olympian
I think if you ask Sue Richards Namor was never ugly stick out tongue

ImmortalOne
What if you asked Reed Richards ??

olympian
he always seems so distracted.......wich i find odd considering the "hot" wife he has. I mean really it almost beats Superman staying in Asgard for 1000 years, Wonder Woman asking for sex and he coming with:

" I cant. I still love Lois "

Who at this time would be dust in the wind.

Yeah.......almost!

DEVILHULK

gamewarrior
How many heroes does it take to defeat one gozilla sized robot 2,4,6,8.
Look at these pics.Hulk beats 4 or 5 in one fell swoop.

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/2569/troyjans10ba.jpg
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/2328/troyjans25oj.jpg
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/3206/troyjans30cw.jpg
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/2796/troyjans45vu.jpg

olympian

olympian
"look at this please, and after ask me again who is the strongest one in comic kingdom"

Eternity.

olympian
"try not to say this thing out of that board......or you would become the new jester of all comic boards

(that's for He Man stuff"

I agree the He-man stuff said by him was overrating. He-man can achieve pre crisis sperman feats by calling more power from the castle. That is true. But since Hulk has punched and sent pre-crisis Supes flying i dont consider none a "child" to the other.

DEVILHULK
about hulk/Thor fights......

thor 385

IS THERE NO LIMIT TO THE BEAST'S STRENGHT ?

DEVILHULK
"look at this please, and after ask me again who is the strongest one in comic kingdom"

Eternity.

aside cosmic beings, obviously. evil face

Grammaton
Byyyyy theee powerrrrrr offf greeeyyyskuulllllll..!! - He-Man no doubt a very strong dude...but I think a major fact that some tend to overlook when classifying the Hulk's strength capacity/capability in relation to others is that Marvel created him specifically to be the strongest physical being in the MU (whether it is at base level or adrenaline amped) - I think its all well and good to debate how Thor, HeMan, Juggernaut etc could be stronger etc - but fact is none were created to be THE strongest - that honour i'm afraid goes to one only...the Hulk..big grin - and again I am not stating an opinion and I am stating a fact as presented by Marvel themselves.

DEVILHULK

Grammaton
Originally posted by DEVILHULK
yes , talking about start strenght level.Hulk's dynamic strenght could surpass Thanos strenght in few seconds or Pad would not have said Hulk could beat Mangog who is light years to Thanos.And Pad would not have talked about Galactus like the ultimate strenght level for the hulk.

Valid point indeed big grin

olympian
"yes , talking about start strenght level.Hulk's dynamic strenght could surpass Thanos strenght in few seconds or Pad"

It cant be otherwise pad wouldnt had said "He was on a class on its own"

And Thanos at start levels its still above Immortal Herc, or Thor, Or regular Hulk.

"aside cosmic beings, obviously."

"And Pad would not have talked about Galactus like the ultimate strenght level for the hulk."

But isent Galactus according to Marvel, a cosmic being? wink

"said Hulk could beat Mangog"

Here is one that no matter his opinion, continuity wont ever suport it. Mangog a guy that has fought and did more than held his own against Odin itself and Thor at the same time? As much of a nice though it is to have Hulk figthing it alone, its never going to happen.

olympian
"IS THERE NO LIMIT TO THE BEAST'S STRENGHT"

Not one that Thor knows it stick out tongue

Grammaton
Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe" - lol i'm sure this has some sort of meaning and relevance despite what one's opinion of his capabilities compared to others (in the SAME Marvel universe) may be...big grin

CorderaMitchell
Ok...

Strength - I believe Thor's strength to be in the 100 class range only because of his hammer (although I could be wrong) - having said that there is no way Hulk is going to falter on the strength issue, I mean limitless strength has meaning?...

Its not just direct punching,the hammer is more than you are giving it credit for.

Speed - The fact that Hulk is able to do more than just stand there and be attacked by Wolverine, Spidey shows that speed is somthing the Hulk does not fail on - also being more "animal" like his speed and reflexes exceed Thor's - who has shown little if any demonstration of excessive speed in battles...

He uses superhuman speed, but he isnt' keen on "quickness", he's quicker than us thats for sure, but the thor has more quickness, if you'd imagine.

B]Intelligence - We are talking about the intelligence of Banner - a genius in the MU (easily on par with Doom and Richards) whether he's "unstable" at the time has nothing to do with his intelligence level - Thor's intelligence is most likely limited to that of a normal human if that (I mean the guy knows only how to fight?)...

No banner isnt' the one fighting thor, hulk is, and when hulk enters "smash mode", he becomes beserk, thinking less effective thusly. Period.

Tactics/Skill - If your talking about instinctual behaviour then I see no reason why Hulk should fall behind - being as much an animal as a man...Although I agree Thor due to his age would be on par with him...

Hulk doesn't use as great "tactics as many others, he relies on brute strentgh almost completely.

And since we are talking about relevance in a fight between the 2 - does Thor's healing/regeneration come even close to Hulks? I think not...

No not at all, but hulk doesn't have the range nor magic of Thor, healing can do soo much, its awesome, but given too much credit.

olympian
"Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe"

I dont see it as strange. Marvel didnt "created" Thor or heracles. They already existed before comics. Seems understandable that they give that pun to a hero they interely created. I know i would.

Thing is everyone has puns. Herc was also called "the strongest man of all time ". In an avengers comics Wasp said he was the "strongest avenger ever" Thor and hulk included. Puns are like that. puns. Being called like that is Hulks pun, like its Jugs pun not being hurt ever.

But they have been bested and hurt before. So i dont follow them. I certainly dont belive Heracles to be the strongest ever in any and all comickingdoms or whatever. Hes one. Just like Hulk is.

olympian
And its also irrevelant Hulk being called that way when he has been fought evenly, and defeat by both heroes and villains ( some of other dimensions ) that arent even cosmic level.

Puns mate. Theyr only comercial ways to make a character recgonizable.

Grammaton
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Its not just direct punching,the hammer is more than you are giving it credit for.

No the question was whether it would augment Thor's strength past the 100 class range or whether it actually helps him achieve it - I do believe the hammer to be powerful - but only because of it's power is Thor able to battle the likes of the Hulk - without it i'm afraid our Thor would be disposed of relativley shortly...

He uses superhuman speed, but he isnt' keen on "quickness", he's quicker than us thats for sure, but the thor has more quickness, if you'd imagine.

The Hulk is able to leap approx 3-4 miles in a single bound - I am pretty sure he would have no trouble "springing" up on Thor or anyone else short of the Flash (or somone whose power happens to be superspeed) I think it should be acknowledged that the Hulk has bested the likes of Spiderman, Wolverine and many others who would rely on speed and agility - and the fact is he has shown that he is more than able to match them in these departments should he so require.

No banner isnt' the one fighting thor, hulk is, and when hulk enters "smash mode", he becomes beserk, thinking less effective thusly. Period.

Banner Hulk anyone? For those of you who have forgotten - Banner's brain in Hulk's body - and yes "the madder hulk gets - the stronger hulk gets" does apply in this form...

Hulk doesn't use as great "tactics as many others, he relies on brute strentgh almost completely.

Well it seems to have got the job done on more than one occasion - also again please refer to Banner Hulk (genius that he is - bless him!).

No not at all, but hulk doesn't have the range nor magic of Thor, healing can do soo much, its awesome, but given too much credit.

Regenerating nearly his entire body mass after having it "burned" off would suggest that it is not given too much credit.

CorderaMitchell
Yep its powerful, but not unbeatable, considering namor has done it.

olympian
About Hulks healing ability. Its the top one at marvel, i give him that.

Below cosmics of course.

wink

Tough Guy
hulk im afarisd olympian is above herc and also thor on a physiacl level due to the fact he has limitless strngth. hell he is above all on a physical level potentially due to his strength having no limit. also his healing is in the same department. hrc is a strong due, probably just below tor, but not in hulks class and thats a fact . sorry marvel have hulk as their no 1 and thats it im afraid . tor needs to use his teleporter and herc hasnt got any magic to use so there id no way really he can win

olympian
"hulk im afarisd olympian is above herc and also thor on a physiacl level due to the fact he has limitless strngth. hell he is above all on a physical level potentially due to his strength having no limit"

then why he never knocked out both of them?

"sorry marvel have hulk as their no 1 and thats it im afraid . tor needs to use his teleporter "

Stan Lee says Thor is number 1. And at Marvel he is the most powerful hero. And since Hulk never knocked him out or made him quit, how he is " much stronger " by your words?

"herc hasnt got any magic to use so there id no way really he can win"

Ill tell you how. A weapon above what adamantium is. Wrestling skills to use and immortality.

DEVILHULK

Grammaton
"Do know what the really strange thing is - all of the above is pretty irrrelevant when Marvel have presented the Hulk as "the strongest physical being in the Marvel Universe"

I dont see it as strange. Marvel didnt "created" Thor or heracles. They already existed before comics. Seems understandable that they give that pun to a hero they interely created. I know i would.

-

No your right Marvel didnt "create" Thor or Hercules - but then again if we were talking about the ACTUAL Thor and Hercules of myth and ancient religon we would be talking about invincible and immortal Gods, overlooking the world and generally performing "God-like" duties - not the kind of "Gods" that Marvel portrays as men who are able to be defeated by MORTAL men - so infact the charecters of Thor and Hercules in Marvel are their own creations as they bare only a resemblance to the charecters from whom they are based upon.

olympian
"No,Marvel considers the hulk like Dc considers Superman.See Marvel vs Dc.They put The hulk against Superman, not Thor."

See Jla/Avengers. The Hulk wasent even in there.

"Why against Thor Hulk's dynamic strenght did not work ? did you read Avengers vs Defenders ? (old crossover)"

Yeah you said because Marvel didnt wanted to make fans cry. I say
because Thor was able to match him over an hour with rage increase.

"another thing don't count Marvel vs Dc decided by votes, in Hulk vs Superman 1999, hulk had the edge in strenght and durability and he has been portrayed above Superman in more than an occasion"

I dont count Marvel/Dc for anything. Hulk was portraited as some that can punch superman. As he should. Above? no. Neither is Supes above in the strength department.

"in avengers vs JLA Thor lost "

In a way Hulk has never been able to. Yes.

"but then again if we were talking about the ACTUAL Thor and Hercules of myth and ancient religon we would be talking about invincible and immortal Gods"

Even in ACTUAL myth they werent invencible. Did you saw me saying they wer or that they should? No.

olympian
"so infact the charecters of Thor and Hercules in Marvel are their own creations as they bare only a resemblance to the charecters from whom they are based upon."

they have the same storyline and background. Resemblence would be if they had the names but didnt had the background. For comics porpuse they arent " fake". Consider the old myths as stories like the comics are the new ones.

olympian
"in avengers vs JLA Thor lost "

In a way Hulk has never been able to. Yes."

In a way that Hulk has never done to Thor btw.

Just making it clear.

long pig
Noooooo, dammit.
Hulk can-not win this. Just stop trying.

CorderaMitchell
About Hulks healing ability. Its the top one at marvel, i give him that.

Below cosmics of course.

wink

His healing ability is outstanding, and street levelers would have no chance really.

But this is Thor, making this the upper level, spiderman and wolverine match. wink

olympian
Oh yes spiderman and Wolverine are definatly Top tier at Marvel wink

they have some of the best jobbing match contracts under theyr belt.

Tough Guy
olympian you dont seem to like facing facts on any of these threads. so ill go over it again for you. hulk is stronger than thor as a character thor nows this. hulk also heals better than thor. physically hulk i s too much for him so the way tor is more POWERFUL as stan lee was talking about is that he can use his magic to teleport him away , blow in wind etc. hulk is not going to be written trouncing thor ( unlike juggie ) as this would demean him so hulk will, as has been in the past , be wrtten not escalating his strength particularly high. thats how writers create a stalemate for hulk. i mean the guy can get as strong as he needs as a character how boring would that be if he was able to utilise this in every story. thats why when u look at the characters you see hulk winning du to the fact the only way thor can win is magic up a tornado , or teleport. as for herc please stop going on about him you are beginning to sound desperate

olympian
Facts? How about showing me where Hulk has Thor laying down in the ground all beat up. After all he is - much- stronger isent he?

And then it comes up to " Marvel didnt wanted to make Hulk fans cry" Oh please. Its getting old and im not even that old in life.

"i mean the guy can get as strong as he needs as a character"

I can give you a whole list of characters who are written that way.

"as for herc please stop going on about him you are beginning to sound desperate"

I cant help it since........hes brought into threads? And there is a reason why hes my fav character. Its the same reason why you bring Hulk up when your discussing strenght.

"thats why when u look at the characters you see hulk winning du to the fact the only way thor can win is magic up a tornado , or teleport"

Is that why he has been able to go with just strengh before? Sounds odd wouldnt you say.

"be wrtten not escalating his strength particularly high. thats how writers create a stalemate for "

Ah i see its a conspiracy to keep Hulk on a lower level. Yeah desperate indeed.

kgkg
Noooooo, dammit.
Hulk can-not win this. Just stop trying.
Hulk cannot win, 8/10 thor

I have seen what like 3 battles so far.

Thor was always holding back and still you can see Thor has many ways of defeating Hulk.
- He has teleported savage hulk
- Has K.O savage hulk
- Savage Hulk was practical begging thor to get rid of his hammer
- Thor went head to head with Pro. Hulk, and once he got his hammer well Hulk was on the ground.
- Note most of these fight Thor isn’t trying to kill ( not in bloodlust)

Hulk might be stronger, but damn than Hammer.

olympian
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/fb3a6abf.jpg

Thor at most says Hulk - may- be stronger. Not that he -is-. Considering he was able to Ko Hulk before, where is this -much-stronger comes from?

olympian
http://img235.echo.cx/img235/4152/avengersih316f0yp.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/8779/avengersih316g5ee.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/2019/avengersih316h2xu.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/1092/avengersih316i7he.jpg

Did Byrne wanted to not make Hulk fans cry here too?

How cute.

long pig
lol holy shit, that's awesome.

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/4152/avengersih316f0yp.jpg

olympian
Hey Long that sig is from the current Defenders? Where the team of "JLI" is now? That artist is amazing.

long pig
Yeah, it's from the recent series, the art is awesome the whole book.

The writing wasn't the best, but the art was superb.

Hercules smashing Hulk like that cracked me up, I wasn't expecting to see that at all, man.
Props on posting those links.

olympian
Thats one of my fav artists ever. Strange looks damn cool there and so does Namor.

And thanks.

Tough Guy
hulk gets knocked down er so what?? then gets back up, hell u call that a victory?????? hulk is stronger than thor and herc and thats a marvel fact stop arguing lol. thor may be able to teleport thats his power, after a while his hammer will bounce off hulk like rubber. herc lol, my goodness look at the facts little man ha ha. hukl is tooo strong for these guys in a brawl they need to teleport, or use a tornado or something.

olympian
"hulk gets knocked down er so what?? then gets back up, hell u call that a victory?????? hulk is stronger than thor and herc and thats a marvel fact stop arguing lol"

Since Thor and Herc get back always when theyr figthing the Hulk isent the same thing.

Nah really take the time. And look at the pretty pictures in the Thread. They might help.

olympian
"hulk gets knocked down er so what?? then gets back up, hell u call that a victory?????? hulk is stronger than thor and herc and thats a marvel fact stop arguing lol. thor may be able to teleport thats his power, after a while his hammer will bounce off hulk like rubber. herc lol, my goodness look at the facts little man ha ha. hukl is tooo strong for these guys in a brawl they need to teleport, or use a tornado or something"

Catch a breath. So many words for such a low common sense.

joesha28
Did you guys catch the new comic book, Last Hero Standing#5?
Loki wanted to destroy the Avengers and so mind-controlled many heroes bringing out their bloodlunting desire to kill. Hulk was controlled too. Hulk destroyed many of them, Thing , wolverine, many of the Avengers could not stop him. It came down to Thor vs Hulk! This was Thor, Lord of Asgard but not with Odinforce. So he is Classic Thor with the title "Lord of Asgard". Cap America sneak attack Loki while Thor fought Hulk. They matched each other in strength but Thor did dominated. In the end Thor warned Hulk if he does not yeild Thor has to Kill him(using Godblast). Hulk said he's not scared. while THOR was was abt to blast Hulk. Cap reap the crystal that loki use to control heroes away from his neck. At that Time Hulk's head cleared from control look at Thor and said " Thor....wait!" But was Godblasted knocking Hulk out. But thanks too Thor's alertness thor averted his Godblast therefore not killing Hulk but only to knock him out. Thor wins

long pig
I've always said a GodBlast would kill Hulk.

joesha28
Yup, that was what was projected the the current fight between Thor and Hulk.

olympian
That was Hulk against King Thor right?

If Hulk was written as any chance to overcome that it would be worse than Spidey beating Firelord.

Grammaton
Facts? How about showing me where Hulk has Thor laying down in the ground all beat up. After all he is - much- stronger isent he?

...Err actually I have seen that very pic in one of these threads - you might want to jump back a few pages and a have a better look, I would say Thor with his head caved into the ground looking DEAD with Hulk walking away would justify just that?

Why some people fail to acknowledge facts presented by Marvel themselves and implement their own ideas as dogma is still beyond me...after all Thor MUST be stronger because YOU said so REGARDLESS of what Marvel might say eh big grin

I actually have a full explanation and description where Marvel actually STATES that the Hulk is the MOST powerful physical being in the Universe...Now of course i claim to be no expert, but when Marvel says somthing IS a fact, im pretty sure its not somthing they made up.

While we are on that point - you might want to enlighten me and tell me exactly what category Thor actually excels in more than any other MU being? It certainly isnt strength, not speed, not agility, not magic...nor anything else for that matter.

Once again we came back to the issue of exactly HOW is Thor going to defeat the most powerful physical being in the MU...not going to happen Im afraid - he may have got lucky several times, and im not saying the Hulk is unbeatable - but even at base strength he is near unstoppable LET ALONE where his unlimited strength kicks in. No other MU/DC being (non cosmic) has the ability to increase their strength beyond their own limits and even if they do it is not UNLIMITED.

Zahit
hulk the most powerful physical being in the universe????

i think galactus and a posse of celestials would beg to differ.......

olympian
"..Err actually I have seen that very pic in one of these threads - you might want to jump back a few pages and a have a better look, I would say Thor with his head caved into the ground looking DEAD with Hulk walking away would justify just that?"

Except he wasent dead shifty there is no fight that had Thor in the ground Ko while Hulk walks off. He always gets back. Like Hulk does against him.

"Why some people fail to acknowledge facts presented by Marvel themselves and implement their own ideas as dogma is still beyond me...after all Thor MUST be stronger because YOU said so REGARDLESS of what Marvel might say eh "

What marvel says for me its what its -show- in comics. Facts are what the comic shows. Its simple. He has the potencial to overcome Thor and the like, but doesnt usually do it. And definatly not in theyr fights. And you dont see me saying Thor is much stronger unlike you regarding Hulk bubs...

"While we are on that point - you might want to enlighten me and tell me exactly what category Thor actually excels in more than any other MU being?"

P o W e R.

olympian
"he may have got lucky several times, and im not saying the Hulk is unbeatable"

And this is where your arguments fails. He has the strengh to compete with hulk, its how Marvel always wrote him. Its how theyr fights always went. Its what they show. So if he beats Hulk hes lucky but the other way it isent?

Who woulda know. Your more correct than the comics itself.

Dont feel bad just because Marvel made Thor a physical beast and powerful while Hulk is just a physical beast. None of theyr fights are to be easy.

" Lucky " eh.

joesha28
"I would say Thor with his head caved into the ground looking DEAD with Hulk walking away would justify just that?"

Well you see, I've always remember the times when Spidey fights Hulk cool What most of the time happens is Spidey uses Hulk own strength and bring the caves down and things like that. Hulk will be in the rumbles while Spidey swings away. Now will that justify if i give the wins to Spiderman? wink

You said Thor was looking dead but he is not dead and that was what fustrates the Hulk. Hulk kept saying "stay down, stay down hulk need to win" and mind you this was Thor without Mjolnir. Hulk's strength in that fight would have way exceeded Thor's own. But that strength could not stop the limited strength Thor from coming back and fighting. In the End Hulk was the one who gave up the fight while Thor went to pursue it. Hulk even said "Hulk is the strongest, stronger than any man but Thor is not man but god".

joesha28
powerful physical being = strongest being

joesha28
That was Hulk against King Thor right?

If Hulk was written as any chance to overcome that it would be worse than Spidey beating Firelord.

No and yes. It was a king Thor without odinforce.

WAF3001
I started this thread while ago, and haven't seen it in a while. It's doin awesome. The polls are all tied up. This is exactly what I wanted. Personally, I think Tor could easily beat Hulk (and I don't even like Thor that much) but he is a god.....(a dead god....)

DEVILHULK
In Last Standing hero by Tom De Falco

the hulk beat all marvel heroes, and he almost beat King Thor.

King Thor used the GodBlast but it did not work against the hulk (issue4-5).

The Hulk >>> KingThor's GodBlast.

I think there are no doubts about who is the number 1.

long pig
Don't be stupid.

King Thor and his GB >1>2>3>4>5>Hulk.

Hulk lose against any Thor.

DEVILHULK
Don't be stupid.

King Thor and his GB >1>2>3>4>5>Hulk.

you are right

DEVILHULK
see thor's face at the end of the fight,please evil face

long pig
Defenders#10
Hulk was unable to overpower Thor while engaged in a strength lock.
I can bring up one time things like anyone else can.

Thor holds back on Hulk all the time, if he didn't he'd kill him.

DEVILHULK
the panel before....

long pig
Um, son....did you read your on scan?

Thor throws his hammer away so he can EVEN UP THE BATTLE.
With the hammer, he will kill hulk.

long pig
The Hulk that your name is from was beaten by Namor.
Namor k.o'd Devil Hulk.

DEVILHULK
the show must go on.....

(always thor 385) even in his comic The Hulk is written >> than Thor

DEVILHULK
Defenders#10
Hulk was unable to overpower Thor while engaged in a strength lock.
I can bring up one time things like anyone else can.

Thor holds back on Hulk all the time, if he didn't he'd kill him.

a contest of strenght.......even in thor's comic Hulk is stronger than him

enjoy the show

DEVILHULK
hulk beats thor in only 3 blows, even better than Mangog....

long pig
What an amazing ability to post only favorable scans.
I'm impressed.

Now, go read more, change your silly name and come back less a fanboy.
Then we can talk.

DEVILHULK
Thor gets down on his knees for hulk's power

DEVILHULK
What an amazing ability to post only favorable scans.
I'm impressed.

Now, go read more, change your silly name and come back less a fanboy.
Then we can talk.

after the bullishits you wrote in the other thread you had better to shut up since you don't know the stuff

long pig
Amazing.
Now go do what I said.

DEVILHULK
Hulk BEATS Thor in heroes Reborn

DEVILHULK
Don't be stupid.

ok you have convinced me.

DEVILHULK
Hulk-Thor annual 2001 official source Thor admits Hulk is stronger than him and than anyone else....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/joefixit/thor2.jpg

DEVILHULK
again.....a funny pic evil face

hulk is going to beating thor and Superman (after plot devices stop him)

olympian
"In Last Standing hero by Tom De Falco

the hulk beat all marvel heroes, and he almost beat King Thor"

Arent you the guy asking scans of it in another board? -If you saw- it you should know Huk was never close of beating King Thor.

As for all the marvel heroes. He should. None of the others are in the Immortal Herc range of strengh. And most are again.....streeth level types. The F4 isent as powerful as regular marvel. See the pattern?

"you are right"

Absolutly. Post the scans after and see Thor getting up amigo. Amazing isent it? It sure is!

"a contest of strenght.......even in thor's comic Hulk is stronger than him

enjoy the show"

Even in Thors comic they are matched. Didnt Thor lifted the Hulk? That was the point. Didnt Hulk fough back of it? Another point. Was any beating of both sides? Nope.

"hulk beats thor in only 3 blows, even better than Mangog"

Beating someone in 3 shots is what Herc did against Hulk in the avengers fight. Even if Hulk was weak, thats beating. That one? Thor got up again so he wasent beat.

And Hulk doesnt have the rep Mangog has. Never will.

olympian
"Thor gets down on his knees for hulk's power"

And gets up again.........................................

"Hulk BEATS Thor in heroes Reborn"

Wich sounds good since it wasent the real Thor. Oops.

"Hulk-Thor annual 2001 official source Thor admits Hulk is stronger than him and than anyone else...."

In english when someone says he - may - do something better than us it means exactly that. He may or may not. Thats not having an affirmation. And whos " anyone else "? Thor only makes reference about him and Hulk.

"hulk is going to beating thor and Superman (after plot devices stop him"

Yea he needs plot devices. Marvel sure wants to keep Hulk a streeth level. Its life.

WAF3001
In Ultimate UNiverse, Hulk smasch delusional god

Tough Guy
oh olympian all fights with thor have hulk being the physical superior, end of story, just co thor gets up or whatever i mean he isnt gonna be written killed. herc is not in hulk/thor/juggies league physically in marvel so stop trying to incite he is. good grief. his main powerup to his character is he wont die, thats it. he is still able to be knocked out etc, and hulks LIMITLESS strength is way above tremendous strength. also thor was coming to terms with hulk being stronger, why try to incinuate otherwise? unless your penis is so small

olympian
"herc is not in hulk/thor/juggies league physically in marvel so stop trying to incite he is"

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. No one ever told you that talking but never reaching anywhere its boring? Good grief indeed.

If he isent then why at full power, figthing both Hulk and Thor in full power also he was never beaten or ko?

Its an easy question but you can do it. Or ask help of some kids who actually read the comics. That should do it.

"why try to incinuate otherwise? unless your penis is so small"

Are you desperate already? Damn and i tough you would last longer.

What a dissapointment.

Devil Hulk at least gives a fight.

CorderaMitchell
Oh yes spiderman and Wolverine are definatly Top tier at Marvel wink

they have some of the best jobbing match contracts under theyr belt.

Did what I say just go over your head? big grin

olympian
Nah. All its needed its to look at some of theyr fights stick out tongue

yahman
When did King Thor fight Hulk? big grin

olympian
Well.......in a non cannon story.

The mc2 universe- "last man standing" or something like that.

Of course there was not much a fight at all.

Tough Guy
well im going from years of reading bios from marvel who right the comics u, arent, marvel do not rate herc as unlimited in strength, hulk is, so run a long and do the maths, if your penis is indeed not so small u are not able to

olympian
"well im going from years of reading bios from marvel who right the comics u, arent, marvel do not rate herc as unlimited in strength"

Handbooks are outdated. Comics are the proof. Oh and in one handbook Hercules was the only one with unlimited strengh like the Hulk. Even more than Thor. Ironic isent it?

Learn this: Handbooks are evil, they are w-r-o-n-g. get it? Cute.

Unlimited my arse.

Btw does my sex turns you on? two times in the same day you make reference to it. Is that homo tedencies?

CorderaMitchell
Don't date people who don't use spellcheck. reading

yahman
"if your penis is indeed not so small u are not able to"

What is that supposed to mean ? Since when has there been a correlation between penis size and mathematical ability?

I mean if there was one, i would be the best mathematician in the world.

I think that most will agree that Thor tends to hold back when he is fighting with avengers. I read an article in which Moon Dragon addressed the issue, and it was found that he subconsciously held back because he didn't want to give Iron man, Wonder man and the rest an inferiority complex.

Which leads me onto my next point; Hulk and Thor usually meet each other when Thor is an avenger ?????

olympian
There was once when they met he was an avenger and Hulk a defender. Defenders#10 i think.

It was the one that let to the virtual stalemate over an hour without Thor using the hammer.

yahman
"There was once when they met he was an avenger and Hulk a defender. Defenders#10 i think.

It was the one that let to the virtual stalemate over an hour without Thor using the hammer."

Whoops well i couldn't get that more wrong

olympian
Its this one:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=020829232413&q=Hercules

joesha28
Originally posted by DEVILHULK
a contest of strenght.......even in thor's comic Hulk is stronger than him

enjoy the show

What are you talking DevilHulk? Your scans don't sense. It seems to contradict what you saying. This attachment you sent, I see Thor lifting Hulk. Hulk was shock and disbelief! The other scans, Of course i see Thor's blue-black face but was he defeated? No. Hulk kept saying give up, give up. Hulk was truely fustrated. Afterall it was Thor who pursued the fight with Hulk giving up to "fight another day". Hulk was not bruised thanks to his healing factor. I am saying Hulk's the strongest thanks to his potential Unlimited Strength. But with unlimited strength HE CAN'T PUT DOWN THE MIGHTY THOR. That's my arguement.

Tough Guy
hmmm herc is not unlimited in strength. hulk is . and also is more durable/ heals quicker. herc is nothing. thor is closer to hulk in terms of physical power however hulk is limitless thor is not. comics are to inconsistant s proof. hulk has tied with namour before, been toe to toe with many who are not abl to get as powerful as him. including thor. hulk doesnt win all the time in comics even though a lot of the time he should. thats not how comics work. hulk needs to be vulnerable at times as thats his character . in terms of potential hulk really has no physical equal. thats how he was created. olympian how do you rnurture such a small penis.

olympian
" The hulk has beaten Thor waaaaay too many times "

When?

" thor an only win with magic "

Usually yes. Otherwise if its just strengh its a even match.

"however hit him with the hammer all day long, blast him with god force etc"

Regular Hulk wouldnt survive a Godblast.

"its just hulk gets too powerful at te point f ultimate pissed offedness"

Then Hulk never reached the ultimate pissed trasnformation? When did he ever got too powerful for Thor not being able to do anything at all.

long pig
So, in the Tough Guy world, Hulk beats everybody but is only written not able to because he needs to be vulnerable?

That world you live in must be great.

long pig
Olympian, how DO you rnurture such a small penis? Magic?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>