Beast vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaolin9976
Who wins?

shaolin9976
I think Wolverine kills Beast in less than an hour.

DarkCrawler
Best has an chance. He stronger, faster, more agile and thousand times more intelligent then Wolverine. He has pretty good healing factor, and he has been on X-Men for 20-30 years so he has some experience too.

shaolin9976
Do you think he can outlast Wolverine in a brawl?

DarkCrawler
No...probably not. But he could, if he had luck. After all, he is Class 25-40 now. And he could pretty much dodge anything Wolverine does. But Wolverine (most likely) needs only one or two good hits. Best needs more.(Of course, he has some kind of claws now.) It would be the same to Wolverine as fighting against very pumped up bear or tiger. But I think Wolverine eats bears for breakfast...I've seen at least three pictures of Wolverine killing bears.

Beast takes it 4/10.

CorderaMitchell
Didn't beast give wolvie some trouble a long time ago in a comic??

shaolin9976
I agree. Wolverine eats bears for lunch, and Beast is the next meal!

CorderaMitchell
more than likely yes............. poor beast.

8bitChris
Beast is class 2-5 at best. There is no way he could ever move 25 or 40 tons.

Wolverine minces Beast almost every time without prep.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by 8bitChris

Beast is class 2-5 at best. There is no way he could ever move 25 or 40 tons.

Wolverine minces Beast almost every time without prep.

I take it you haven't read Astonishing X-Men?

In his new catlike form, Beast is at least 25.

8bitChris
I've read it. Just not all of it, i've missed some of the beginning. I didn't know Beast got such a huge upgrade and i've never seen him do anything in recent comics that looked like it would require 25 tons of strength.

I'm probably wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.

WAF3001
a while back, when Frank Quitely started doing New X-men, he couldn't draw the Beast very well, so they said it was a secondary transformation. Now, years later, Quitely is gone, but we still have to put up with the mistakes in his artwork.

Anyways, Wolverine wins hands down.

Mainstream
I miss ape beast.....I think Beast could give Logan trouble but Logan would win.

Solidus Snake
relatively speaking wolvie is slow. he has a 300 lb skeleton slowing him down. hes nowhere near as agile.

howeevr 1 good hit and beast is finsihed

Mainstream
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
relatively speaking wolvie is slow. he has a 300 lb skeleton slowing him down. hes nowhere near as agile.

howeevr 1 good hit and beast is finsihed

true.

colossus17
what are you guys talking about.....beast is at spidey level agility....and speed.....he is smarter then spidey..and he is class 25-40 .......and has a healing factor,....spidey dosent.......so why do people think that wolverine will beat beast so easily but wont to shit to spidey?

DarkCrawler
Webs.

colossus17
true, didnt think of that

Mainstream
spidey sense

colossus17
beasty sense.......

Mainstream
Originally posted by colossus17
beasty sense.......

cheesy

colossus17
laughing out loud

Piedmon
Since when does Beast have a healing factor? I've never heard anything like that.

I just got done making a longwhinded argument about why Wolverine is NOT slow, by any stretch of the imagination. You can look in that other thread, I don't want to repeat myself.

We've seen them fight before quite recently (not counting EotS), and they seemed to be on very equal footing. The telling difference is that they could stab each other, and Wolverine would get up and Beast wouldn't.

Wolverine 7/10

DarkCrawler
superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, dexterity, and acrobatic prowess, night vision, enhanced senses, healing abilities, low-level pheromones, razor edged claws

Mainstream
Originally posted by Piedmon
Since when does Beast have a healing factor? I've never heard anything like that.

I just got done making a longwhinded argument about why Wolverine is NOT slow, by any stretch of the imagination. You can look in that other thread, I don't want to repeat myself.

We've seen them fight before quite recently (not counting EotS), and they seemed to be on very equal footing. The telling difference is that they could stab each other, and Wolverine would get up and Beast wouldn't.

Wolverine 7/10

Beast does have a healing factor...not on Logan level though.

Metalmanx
Yea, Beast does. He heals I believe about 10 times faster than a normal human in good condition. It's not quite up to Wolverine par, but it's still pretty freakin good if the fight last awhile, which is pretty much for sure that it will last a long freakin time. I don't think this will be a fight of healing factors here. I think it's who can just plain out do the other.

Besides durability, Beast pretty much beats Wolvie in EVERY other category. Yes, the claws are Wolvie's greatest advantage, but again (just like Spiderman), I highly doubt he'll ever hit Beast. And even if he does, he won't get a very good stab in. A swipe at the chest or gut at the most I believe. That won't be enough to do Beast in. I've seen Beast go feral just like Wolvie. I got more scared for the enemy that Feral Beast fought than anyone fighting Wolverine. Beast's strength CLEARLY outshines Wolvie's, too, even in his old ape-like form (God, I miss that so much) which was around 5 tons. That means that one good dodge and then a flip around and neck snap could be the end of Wolvie. That would most likely be Beast's strategy here. Hell, he could even probably find a way to suffocate him. Being stronger, he could pin Wolvie under some water in such a way that his claws are useless. That makes good sense.

In my very honest opinion, I think in a very long, drawn out fight, I think that Beast will be able to overcome him. Just BARELY though. Beast will be severely injured. But Wolverine will be dead/defeated.

K3VIL
Last time they fought, Emma Frost telepatically stopped them, and Beast was over Logan trying to put his hands on his head, but Logan was blocking one of Beast's arms and with the claws of his left arm was aiming at McCoy's throat so...

CorderaMitchell
pretty much all advanced char. have somewhat of a healing factor, I know that wolverine's is great, but most of these guys heal faster than we do./

Xplosive
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Do you think he can outlast Wolverine in a brawl?

In brawl, Beast easily outlast him.

willRules
I think im gonna say Beast wins to annoy any Wolverine fanboys who view this. Though in my opinion beast might actually win................. big grin

Pointinel
^lol

cheapshots everywhere!

CorderaMitchell
Wolverine..............

pea55
Superhuman Strength The Beast has always possessed some degree of superhuman strength, the limits of which have varied at times due to subsequent mutation. During his teens, he was able to lift approximately 1 ton. After mutating into his simian form, and after this mutation eventually stabilized, his strength was increased to the point where he could lift about 100 tons, which was sufficient to smash through a brick wall with a single punch and to tie an iron barbell into a knot. He has experienced a further increase in his physical strength after mutation into his current feline/lionesque form, though the exact amount of weight he can lift isn't known. It is known, however, that he can lift more than 25 tons.

Bentley
Isn't Henry pretty much Spider-man in status? Without webbing nor spider-sense...

pea55
@Metalmanx you're off about 10 to 20 thosand ibs... Beast in is simian form normally lifts about 10-15 tons although he has been known to lift 100 tons!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by pea55
@Metalmanx you're off about 10 to 20 thosand ibs... Beast in is simian form normally lifts about 10-15 tons although he has been known to lift 100 tons!

No. Beast doesn't have any class 20 feats, let a lone a class 100 feat. He is class 5-10 Maximum.

KuRuPT Thanosi
but he beats Wolvie eh Srank

pea55
Beast has beaten juggernaut before and that's almost impossible for wolverine to do. If you think that wolverine easily wins this fight or even wins this fight for that matter then you're being completely bias in my opinion.

JakeTheBank
lol

pea55
Please don't negate if you don't know what you're sayin is true

jinzin
Beast has beaten juggernaut before and that's almost impossible for wolverine to do. If you think that wolverine easily wins this fight or even wins this fight for that matter then you're being completely bias in my opinion.

Even though he's beaten Beast quite easily like... twice. confused

srankmissingnin

Wolverine took Beast down in one panel in EotS, and in Wolverine v2 Beast told Wolverine he was going to beat some info out of him and Wolverine laughed in his face, and took Beast down the second the claws came out.

pea55
Hey kid where are gettin your info??

srankmissingnin
Hey kid where are gettin your info??

Comic books. Take a look. It's in a book.

jinzin
soooooo sock account then?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jinzin
soooooo sock account then?

He thinks Beast is class 100, so the math checks out. Sock account confirmed.

pea55
Yeah and batman beat hulk before and that's abunch of bull sometimes what writers write goes against logic

pea55
No you think I think that beast is class 100 and you're gonna ow me an apology when I prove u wrong!

Don Corleone
Wolverine guts him.

Parmaniac
I'm with pea55, he appereantly owned all of you.

pea55
Xmen.wikia.com/wiki/beast go check it out and then I'll be waitin here for u to apologize cause I never make assumptions. If I don't know I don't speak on it!!! Hey kid maybe you should take that advice if you don't wanna end up wrong again.

JakeTheBank
Co-signed.

srankmissingnin
A wiki entry? Stop it, you are embarrassing yourself. laughing

The Transporter
Beast can lift approximately 10 tons. He has cat-like reflexes, acute sense of hearing and smell (most definitely more keen than Wolverine's, especially after undergoing a second mutation). So basically, his positive attributes are that he's stronger, faster and smarter than Wolverine.

Wolverine, on the other hand, has the nudge when it comes to fighting experience, healing factor and finishing capability (one puncture can end it all), although I think he'd have an extremely hard time trying to land a hit on Beast with all that metal weighing down on him. It would be much like the Bully in Spiderman 1 (the move where he's played by Tobey Maguire) that tries hitting Peter Parker. Spidey's reflexes were so acute that everything seemed like it was in slow motion.

Taking all this into account I think Beast takes the fight 6/10. Once again, I think it all comes down to smarts and strategy in this fight. Beast's best bet is to ambush Wolverine, and if he's lucky enough to find a body of water near him, drown Wolverine, or choke him out (if it's even possible with an adamentium neck, but then again you needn't snap a regular person's neck to choke them out anyway). Beast wins via rear-naked choke while holding down Wolverine's arms with his feet. Close fight, nearly 50-50. cat

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by The Transporter
Beast's best bet is to ambush Wolverine, and if he's lucky enough to find a body of water near him, drown Wolverine, or choke him out

I'd read this.

srankmissingnin
Beast can lift approximately 10 tons. He has cat-like reflexes, acute sense of hearing and smell (most definitely more keen than Wolverine's, especially after undergoing a second mutation). So basically, his positive attributes are that he's stronger faster and smarter than Wolverine.

Wolverine, on the other hand, has the nudge when it comes to fighting experience, healing factor and finishing capability (one puncture can end it all), although I think he'd have an extremely hard time trying to land a hit on Beast with all that metal weighing down on him. It would be much like the Bully in Spiderman 1 (the move where he's played by Tobey Maguire) that tries hitting Peter Parker. Spidey's reflexes were so acute that everything seemed like it was in slow motion.

Taking all this into account I think Beast takes the fight 6/10. Once again, I think it all comes down to smarts and strategy in this fight. Beast's best bet is to ambush Wolverine, and if he's lucky enough to find a body of water near him, drown Wolverine, or choke him out (if it's even possible with an adamentium neck, but then again you needn't snap a regular person's neck to choke them out anyway). Close fight, nearly 50-50.

You know that it takes Wolverine .038 seconds to chamber and throw a fully extended punch? That makes his combat reflexes 8-10 times faster than the average humans finger tip reaction time (as in Wolverine could punch you 8 times while you were doing one of those internet reaction time tests where you press a button when you see a light flash). Beast might be able to out run him, but Wolverine's combat speed is greater than Beasts.

pea55
Apology accepted!!!!

Sr J-Bieb
Wolverine already ran away from Beast. Wolverine self BFR's from fear.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You know that it takes Wolverine .038 seconds to chamber and throw a fully extended punch? That makes his combat reflexes 8-10 times faster than the average humans finger tip reaction time (as in Wolverine could punch you 8 times while you were doing one of those internet reaction time tests where you press a button when you see a light flash). Beast might be able to out run him, but Wolverine's combat speed is greater than Beasts. So what you're saying is Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second?

StyleTime
Beast is a class 100 mach speedster with a sick healing factor. Don't let these guys tell you otherwise, pea55.

Fight the good fight.

pea55
@srankmissingnin Another piece of advice for u kid is to never make confirmations based on assumptions... odds are you'll make yourself look really bad and u talk about me embarrising myself? Wow jus wow

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by StyleTime
Beast is a class 100 mach speedster with a sick healing factor. Don't let these guys tell you otherwise, pea55.

Fight the good fight. You're just measuring travelling speed. Which does not automatically translate to combat speed. That's incorrect. Unless you provide on-panel proof that Beast can match or surpass Wolverine's combat speed ability to throw 25 punches in one second, Wolverine wins. So there.

uhuh

The Transporter
You know that it takes Wolverine .038 seconds to chamber and throw a fully extended punch? That makes his combat reflexes 8-10 times faster than the average humans finger tip reaction time (as in Wolverine could punch you 8 times while you were doing one of those internet reaction time tests where you press a button when you see a light flash). Beast might be able to out run him, but Wolverine's combat speed is greater than Beasts.
----------------
Seems physically impossible to me, for wolverine to be faster than beast. Even if Wolverine's body allowed him to strike faster than Beast, he can't think as fast as Beast, whose mind is by far superior. Which means that his nerves can send messages to his brain at a much faster rate than Wolverine could. It would be the equivalent of trying trade punches with a man-sized mantis shrimp . You'd pretty much be like "what the **** just happened?! I don't think Wolverine's muscle tissue could handle the stress of striking FASTER than Beast without pulling a muscle or having to heal a significant amount muscle fiber. Nor do I think Wolverine's brain can keep up with or even comprehend striking at such speeds, something beast could do without having to consciously think about it. Beast's strength isn't it all because of his size, but more so because his muscles are denser than average (that's the reason a human-sized Olypian god can lift a tractor trailer). Because his muscles are more dense, they can handle more stress. Now how Wolverine can punch faster than Beast, I don't know. But for a fact I do know that Beast would be more explosive (thus quicker) for a short period of time before physical exertion takes a toll on him and Wolverine's durability prevails.

StyleTime
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You're just measuring travelling speed. Which does not automatically translate to combat speed. That's incorrect. Unless you provide on-panel proof that Beast can match or surpass Wolverine's combat speed ability to throw 25 punches in one second, Wolverine wins. So there.

uhuh
Nope. Wikipedia is a superior source to comics when it comes to comic info.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2447/beastinfo.jpg

The Transporter

laughing out loud

OneDumbG0
laughcry

srankmissingnin
----------------
Seems physically impossible to me, for wolverine to be faster than beast. Even if Wolverine's body allowed him to strike faster than Beast, he can't think as fast as Beast, whose mind is by far superior. Which means that his nerves can send messages to his brain at a much faster rate than Wolverine could. It would be the equivalent of trying trade punches with a man-sized mantis shrimp . You'd pretty much be like "what the **** just happened?! I don't think Wolverine's muscle tissue could handle the stress of striking FASTER than Beast without pulling a muscle or having to heal a significant amount muscle fiber. Nor do I think Wolverine's brain can keep up with or even comprehend striking at such speeds, something beast could do without having to consciously think about it. Beast's strength isn't it all because of his size, but more so because his muscles are denser than average (that's the reason a human-sized Olypian god can lift a tractor trailer). Because his muscles are more dense, they can handle more stress. Now how Wolverine can punch faster than Beast, I don't know. But for a fact I do know that Beast would be more explosive (thus quicker) for a short period of time before physical exertion takes a toll on him and Wolverine's durability prevails.

Beast is a genius, but there is no indication that he has super nerve induction or that neurons in his brain are firing at an accelerated rate, or that his mind works any faster than a standard street level human. Where did you get all this misinformation?

pea55
Comic books. Take a look. It's in a book.
Oh wow I would've never guessed...how could I be so stupid knowing that they're comic book characters??? LMMFAO!!!!! How about you take my winning point to you for example and give me a direct source like I did... That is if u have a source being that you have not given one for anything you said yet!

Parmaniac
LOL@ the wiki change

pea55
Im still waitin on that apology

srankmissingnin
Oh wow I would've never guessed...how could I be so stupid knowing that they're comic book characters??? LMMFAO!!!!! How about you take my winning point to you for example and give me a direct source like I did... That is if u have a source being that you have not given one yet!

You citied a wiki page. laughing

Go read some comics and come back with scans or issue numbers.

srankmissingnin
So what you're saying is Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second?

That's what Wolverine canon says. cool

pea55
you assumed that i assumed thats 1 of the things you were wrong about.

Dum Dum Dugan
I read this post and just started laughing.

srankmissingnin

Did you have a stroke...

The Transporter

Beast is a genius, but there is no indication that he has super nerve induction or that neurons in his brain are firing at an accelerated rate, or that his mind works any faster than a standard street level human. Where did you get all this misinformation?

Personally, I think it's a lot less outlandish than Wolverine throwing 25 punches in a single second. In fact, I'd be the first person to call out PIS if he ever did that to Beast.

If Beast is a genius, do you not think it logical for him to process thoughts faster? If his mind is more powerful, and he has an animalistic reaction time, it's only logical for his body to transmit commands to his brain at a
much faster rate. Even taking "super nerve induction" out of the picture, there's still the muscle density factor.

To Wolverine sympathizers' defense, Beast is in no way capable of lifting 100 tons, whether it be in simian form or cat form. I think there's an epidemic going around here where people keep adding an extra 0, lol. And if he was, he'd take Wolverine out of the picture via bfr.

pea55
You citied a wiki page. laughing

Go read some comics and come back with scans or issue numbers.
Its Krayzie how you ask me to do something that you cant do yourself... hypocrite? lmao...

srankmissingnin
Personally, I think it's a lot less outlandish than Wolverine throwing 25 punches in a single second. In fact, I'd be the first person to call out PIS if he ever did that to Beast.

If Beast is a genius, do you not think it logical for him to process thoughts faster? If his mind is more powerful, and he has an animalistic reaction time, it's only logical for his body to transmit commands to his brain at a
much faster rate. Even taking "super nerve induction" out of the picture, there's still the muscle density factor.

To Wolverine sympathizers' defense, Beast is in no way capable of lifting 100 tons, whether it be in simian form or cat form. I think there's an epidemic going around here where people keep adding an extra 0, lol. And if he was, he'd take Wolverine out of the picture via bfr.

Do you think that Steven Hawking in a working body would be faster than Bruce Lee, because he is an uber genius? Wolverine has shown his reaction time to be too fast for telepaths to read effectively on two separate occasions. .038 seconds was the speed listed on panel as the time it takes for Wolverine to chamber and throw a bunch. Wolverine is fast, and his speed feats are significantly better than Beasts.

Also Wolverine's muscles and bones (without Adamantium) are far denser than normal humans, not as much more as Sabretooth who's muscles have been described as being akin to corded steel, but still above baseline.

The Transporter
Besides...try throwing one punch in one second. Now, try punching twice in one second. You're not hitting as hard when you punch twice compared to when you just punch once right? Now imagine how much weaker your punches would be if you tried punching 25 times in one second. So let's assume Wolverine were to throw 25 punches at Beast, and they all landed. It probably wouldn't damage Beast much not would it? In fact, it probably would just brush or cut his face a little and make him angry. The truth is, with each extra punch Wolverine throws in that one second, the less power there'll be behind each blow since there's really not that much time in between to "cock" a punch. What's my reference/reasoning behind my comment, you may ask? It's just physics people. Something Beast will kick our asses and Wolverine's in. Can you imagine how many different ways Beast would have formulated to take out Wolverine in the period of time throughout their fight? My mind would shatter if given that much brain power.

srankmissingnin
Its Krayzie how you ask me to do something that you cant do yourself... hypocrite? lmao...

I told you EotS and Wolverine v2.... not hard to track the issues down with that info. Go to comicvine and check out appearances.

OneDumbG0
Do you think that Steven Hawking in a working body would be faster than Bruce Lee, because he is an uber genius? Wolverine has shown his reaction time to be too fast for telepaths to read effectively on two separate occasions. .038 seconds was the speed listed on panel as the time it takes for Wolverine to chamber and throw a bunch. Wolverine is fast, and his speed feats are significantly better than Beasts.

Also Wolverine's muscles and bones (without Adamantium) are far denser than normal humans, but as much more as Sabretooth who's muscles have been described as being akin to corded steel, but still above baseline. In other words... Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

srankmissingnin
In other words... Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

Do you think Wolverine being able to through a punch 10x faster than a skilled real world human is really that much of a stretch for Wolverine. Really?

pea55
I told you EotS and Wolverine v2.... not hard to track the issues down with that info. Go to comicvine and check out appearances.
are u sure u told ME that or is that also wrong? cause i dont see where you told ME this!

srankmissingnin
Wolverine took Beast down in one panel in EotS, and in Wolverine v2 Beast told Wolverine he was going to beat some info out of him and Wolverine laughed in his face, and took Beast down the second the claws came out.

Quote bump.

Omega Vision
Do you think Wolverine being able to through a punch 10x faster than a skilled real world human is really that much of a stretch for Wolverine. Really?
Well according to some of this forum's geniuses Superman can't even throw 20 punches in a second.

So no dice for Wolvy. dur

OneDumbG0
Do you think Wolverine being able to through a punch 10x faster than a skilled real world human is really that much of a stretch for Wolverine. Really? So you believe Wolverine can throw 25 punches in a single second.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well according to some of this forum's geniuses Superman can't even throw 20 punches in a second.

So no dice for Wolvy. dur

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2011/02/76736e910f7f96b39aad3d478d0bcad9/340x.jpg

The Transporter

Also Wolverine's muscles and bones (without Adamantium) are far denser than normal humans, but as much more as Sabretooth who's muscles have been described as being akin to corded steel, but still above baseline.

The difference between Stephan Hawking and Beast is a butt-ugly face that looks like Grendel(yes I'm talking about Stephan, not the furry, lovable Beast) and the fact that Beast has superhuman reflexes, while Hawkings does not. Yes, you're right, just because someone has a genius-level intellect doesn't mean they can think super-humanly fast. But, Beast's mind isn't just smart, it's quick too. Just like there are people, such as the world's fastest clapper, that can process muscle commands at a much faster rate than a regular human without having to be relatively intelligent. You take a cougar for example, and measure his striking speed, and reaction time and compare it with a human's, the cougar is surely faster. But the cougar is in no way smarter than the human. In this fight, metaphorically, beast's reaction time and speed is that of a cougar's while Wolverine's equates to that of an olympic-level athlete. Just think about it for a second...Wolverine punching faster than beast, having stronger muscles, and have a quicker reaction time? I don't think I'd be able to stand reading a comic where Wolverine outbeats Best in every aspect like that, ever. My eyes would just blowup.

And if Wolverine's muscle tissue were more dense than Beast's, than he'd be able to lift in excess of 10 tons, a feat which he has yet to accomplish.

pea55
Quote bump.
I asked if u said that to me not if u posted it...bumb!

The Transporter
Besides...try throwing one punch in one second. Now, try punching twice in one second. You're not hitting as hard when you punch twice compared to when you just punch once right? Now imagine how much weaker your punches would be if you tried punching 25 times in one second. So let's assume Wolverine were to throw 25 punches at Beast, and they all landed. It probably wouldn't damage Beast much not would it? In fact, it probably would just brush or cut his face a little and make him angry. The truth is, with each extra punch Wolverine throws in that one second, the less power there'll be behind each blow since there's really not that much time in between to "cock" a punch. What's my reference/reasoning behind my comment, you may ask? It's just physics people. Something Beast will kick our asses and Wolverine's in. Can you imagine how many different ways Beast would have formulated to take out Wolverine in the period of time throughout their fight? My mind would shatter if given that much brain power.

I think I'll quote bump too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm rofl, superman could easily throw 20 punches in one second, in fact he'd be able to throw 200 in a fraction of a second with Opra Winfrey and Rosie O'donnel wrapped around each arm...boxing

pea55
I think I'll quote bump too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm rofl, superman could easily throw 20 punches in one second, in fact he'd be able to throw 200 in a fraction of a second with Opra Winfrey and Rosie O'donnel wrapped around each arm...boxing
lol

srankmissingnin
The difference between Stephan Hawking and Beast is a butt-ugly face that looks like Grendel(yes I'm talking about Stephan, not the furry, lovable Beast) and the fact that Beast has superhuman reflexes, while Hawkings does not. Yes, you're right, just because someone has a genius-level intellect doesn't mean they can think super-humanly fast. But, Beast's mind isn't just smart, it's quick too. Just like there are people, such as the world's fastest clapper, that can process muscle commands at a much faster rate than a regular human without having to be relatively intelligent. You take a cougar for example, and measure his striking speed, and reaction time and compare it with a human's, the cougar is surely faster. But the cougar is in no way smarter than the human. In this fight, metaphorically, beast's reaction time and speed is that of a cougar's while Wolverine's equates to that of an olympic-level athlete. Just think about it for a second...Wolverine punching faster than beast, having stronger muscles, and have a quicker reaction time? I don't think I'd be able to stand reading a comic where Wolverine outbeats Best in every aspect like that, ever. My eyes would just blowup.

And if Wolverine's muscle tissue were more dense than Beast's, than he'd be able to lift in excess of 10 tons, a feat which he has yet to accomplish.

Most of what you are rambling on about comes down to what you think Beast should be able to do and not what he can and has done. Wolverine is faster than Beast because on panel he moves faster than Beast does, any opinion to the contrary is irrelevant without something concrete to back it. Speculation on how fast Beast's mind should work, the size of his nerve fibers or the relative density of his muscles, and other speculative theory crafting that has never been mentioned on panel is fine but brings little of merit to the discussion. We trade in facts here, what a character has done on panel is paramount.

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine's even stated that he fights faster than he can even process, and he just lets his body go on instinct while he thinks about other things. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.

pea55

what do u say about this kid?

srankmissingnin
what do u say about this kid?

Styletime made that himself to make fun of you for citing a wiki page, showing that anyone can put in anything they want regardless of the factuality...

Way to not get the joke.

Mindset
Beast can punch 25 seconds in one punch, noob.

pea55
Styletime made that himself to make fun of you for citing a wiki page, showing that anyone can put in anything they want regardless of the factuality...

Way to not get the joke.
NO u Dont get the joke

The Transporter
Most of what you are rambling on about comes down to what you think Beast should be able to do and not what he can and has done. Wolverine is faster than Beast because on panel he moves faster than Beast does, any opinion to the contrary is irrelevant without something concrete to back it. Speculation on how fast Beast's mind should work, the size of his nerve fibers or the relative density of his muscles, and other speculative theory crafting that has never been mentioned on panel is fine but brings little of merit to the discussion. We trade in facts here, what a character has done on panel is paramount.

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.
-----------
Sure he's trained for hundreds of years, but that doesn't mean your body will become super humanly fast. It does have a limit, regardless of how much you train you can't remake your dna, and neither can he. How is Beast having really dense muscles speculation? It's the only possible explanation as to why he can lift as much as he does. A silverback gorilla is larger than beast, yet it cannot lift half what Beast can. Why? Because his muscle tissues aren't as dense/compact. If it's not a matter of density, than what is it? A supernatural force given to him by a higher being?

It's really a matter of Marvel not bothering to get into detail on Beast's anatomy .

But you're right, that's no excuse, because it's not written in the comics. I guess even if a comic said karate kid could roundhouse kick the earth into the sun, it'd still be viable proof. That's just the way it goes I guess, and because of that yes, you're right in that regard and I am wrong.
I'd still like to believe in my mind though, that Beast is faster than Wolverine, if it's alright with you guys. confused

Dum Dum Dugan

You equate Beast to a Cougar and Wolverine to an Olympic level athlete, but the reality is Wolverine is like a Cougar... of a Cougar spent a century honing it's natural instincts with a life time of martial arts and combat experience. Wolverine's even stated that he fights faster than he can even process, and he just lets his body go on instinct while he thinks about other things. Wolverine is low level superhuman across the board, Beast is stronger and more agile, but Wolverine is faster.
Honestly I have serous doubts that Beast is stronger. He has less feats, which are less consistent and arnt as impressive as wolverines either for the most part. There also direct comparison between the two were a weaken wolverine breaks shackles with not assistance's, but a health beast can not do the same. I know the idea is he should be stronger, but in reality I don't think he is and beast is a lot more bark then bite.

Dum Dum Dugan
How is Beast having really dense muscles speculation? It's the only possible explanation as to why he can lift as much as he does.:
Here the problem champ he doesn't lift that much or anything close to what your implying.

pea55
According to Marvel Beast is stronger than logan as far as Brute strength goes.

pea55
And so is Blanka lmao!

Dum Dum Dugan
According to Marvel Beast is stronger than logan as far as Brute strength goes.
No it not. Hand books are not evidence. There constantly wrong, but feel free to ask a mod.

In Comics beast has never been suggested as stronger then wolverine and in the one comparison between the two in strength, showed wolverine fair the better.

Wolverine also has more consistent strength feats as well.

The Transporter
Beast can dodge bullets http://img172.imageshack.us/i/uncannyxmen00103cz5.jpg/

PROOF that he can break loose from chains http://img293.imageshack.us/f/hy22pg04gx1.jpg/

Beast sending Hulk Flying http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7987/xmen197006616qt2.jpg

Beating the Crud out of Juggernaut: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8532/page19ho7.jpg
He can for a fact hold his own against Sabretooth. http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1548/sabretoothredzonep38iw1.jpg

He can jump about 40 feet into the air with just his leg muscles, Wolverine cannot.

inimalist

this suggests that beast can move fast enough to prevent someone from getting a good shot at him, not that Beast can dodge bullets

-K-M-
Beating the Crud out of Juggernaut: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8532/page19ho7.jpg .

Juggernaut was powerless at that time. Also was rapidly aging hence the hair growth/color change

Dum Dum Dugan

PROOF that he can break loose from chains http://img293.imageshack.us/f/hy22pg04gx1.jpg/

Beast sending Hulk Flying http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7987/xmen197006616qt2.jpg

Beating the Crud out of Juggernaut: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8532/page19ho7.jpg
He can for a fact hold his own against Sabretooth. http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1548/sabretoothredzonep38iw1.jpg

He can jump about 40 feet into the air with just his leg muscles, Wolverine cannot.
In the first scan he is not dodging anything...........

no one ever denied that, do you think that makes him stronger then wolverine? because if so your sadly mistaken and I gladly provide evidence proving such.

good for beast so has wolverine

whats the issue and title of that scan. I dont believe that juggernaut or the 616 universe. You can see him turn old mid fight, Also not sure what that scans supose to show anyways,

scan does not work

you were saying what again?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6810/verticalyz9.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -K-M-
Juggernaut was powerless at that time. Also was rapidly aging hence the hair growth/color change
figure, as usual with people like him the context is always left out because it displays a very different story then whats being told by mister pee.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
whats the issue and title of that scan. I dont believe that juggernaut or the 616 universe. You can see him turn old mid fight, Also not sure what that scans supose to show anyways,

It's 616 Juggernaut and it's from Amazing Adventures #016

inimalist
you were saying what again?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6810/verticalyz9.jpg

he is using more than just his leg muscles, duh

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by inimalist
he is using more than just his leg muscles, duh
this was a joke right?

JakeTheBank
Not quite sure that equals a 40 ft jump based on the art.

The Transporter
figure, as usual with people like him the context is always left out because it displays a very different story then whats being told by mister pee.
---------------
"People like me"? What's that's supposed to mean, man? So I didn't know ol Juggy was weakened, my mistake. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone or manipulate/alter Beast's ability by posting that.

By any chance do you have the frame before the picture you posted, because I'm having a hard time believing that Wolverine jumped that high unassisted from the ground. He could have used the sentinel's legs as leverage or been thrown by colossus for all I know. But still you have a picture, I do not.

Unfortunately I'm really having a hard time finding pics of any of Beasts feats at all. He's just not as widely publicized or popular as Wolverine, so naturally he's not gonna have as much pictures showcasing his ability.

inimalist
this was a joke right?

na man, Logan clearly was throwing his back into it there

that, what, at least doubles lift power?

The Transporter

laughing

srankmissingnin

He looks like he was thinking happy thoughts too...

Brutacus
this suggests that beast can move fast enough to prevent someone from getting a good shot at him, not that Beast can dodge bullets

you sure about that???

inimalist
Originally posted by Brutacus
you sure about that???

from the scan: yes

in terms of any reality that actually makes sense: yes

do they have a comic where Beast actually dodges bullets: I wouldn't be surprised

Brutacus
from the scan: yes

in terms of any reality that actually makes sense: yes

do they have a comic where Beast actually dodges bullets: I wouldn't be surprised

Read some more X-factor: in which he even flips over a bulldozer (strenght feat)

or some avengers: where he was recruited for his agility (heck his first mission on the avengers). and at leat 4 time bullet dodging feat.

I know wolverine would beat beast 10/10.
But iff you don't know the character good or iff you like to flame a guy for qouting wiki and than say yourself that beast can't dodge bullet's without clearly not knowing the character that good???

inimalist
there are scans of daredevil weaving through a stream of gunfire...

i still say BS. I'm not doubting your feats, its really just me

OneDumbG0
Way to not get the joke. Originally posted by pea55
NO u Dont get the joke Looking back on this thread of win, I have a sincerely tough time in deciding whose proposition is more probable...

Then again... they may not be mutually exclusive.

0mega Spawn
even though i do believe wolverine wins due to claws and HF

but... 25 punches in .038 secs erm
cmon dude LMAO

thats like what a 100 stab wounds in 1 sec from 3 claws on each hand
whoever wrote that is the BIGGEST wolverine fanboy writer and deserves to be banned from writing anything glare

carver9
It shouldn't even be debatable who is stronger out of Beast and Wolvy... Beast is by far stronger than Wolverine. Look at his fight against Spiral... Beast lifted a space ship clean off the ground and was holding it up with ease. A space ship with rooms in the inside (walk in space ship).

As for the fight... Wolverine takes this but he is going to fight for it.

They already fought once and beast was doing good against him (and actually slammed him against a truck stunning him).

jinzin
youknow til Wolverine got mad and one shot his ass... just like he did the next time they fought.

Beast's inability to turn Logan's claws is pretty much the deciding factor here. He can't afford to take any claw shots and he's not fast or good enough to avoid Wolverine forever, or even briefly against a non jobbing Logan.
The best he can hope for is like he did in Astonishing, but that's just prolonging the inevitable.

Batroc
Some Beast strength feats :

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/X-Men009_05.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/10-2.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/xf004pg01.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/11.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/TheBeast3-21.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/TheBeast3-22.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/-page1116-.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/Defenders137_15.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/Defenders106-18.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/UncannyX-Men385-11.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/UncannyX-Men385-12.jpg

pea55
Originally posted by jinzin
youknow til Wolverine got mad and one shot his ass... just like he did the next time they fought.

Beast's inability to turn Logan's claws is pretty much the deciding factor here. He can't afford to take any claw shots and he's not fast or good enough to avoid Wolverine forever, or even briefly against a non jobbing Logan.
The best he can hope for is like he did in Astonishing, but that's just prolonging the inevitable.
Like I said before writers go against logic and if wolverine ever easily beats Beast its bad writing...

Dum Dum Dugan
Like I said before writers go against logic and if wolverine ever easily beats Beast its bad writing...
so every thing you don't like your going to simply ignore? typical trolls.

Starscream M
so every thing you don't like your going to simply ignore? typical trolls. oh gimme a break...you always blame the writer when its something you don't like

inimalist

sold

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
even though i do believe wolverine wins due to claws and HF

but... 25 punches in .038 secs erm
cmon dude LMAO

thats like what a 100 stab wounds in 1 sec from 3 claws on each hand
whoever wrote that is the BIGGEST wolverine fanboy writer and deserves to be banned from writing anything glare

I think he said 25 punches in a single second. If you do out the math that roughly what it come out to. Which really is not far fetch at all. And supports the idea of him being pretty much spidermans equal in combat speed.

King Castle
it's b/c they possesses different mindset and skills which is why Wolverine has been able on occasions to outright stop Beast at claw point the fact that Beast heals far slower is another reason why the fights cannot possibly last long in a head on battle between the two.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh gimme a break...you always blame the writer when its something you don't like
I blame writers who known to down play super powers like ennis, and only when it proven to be pis. Nothing PIS about Wolverine dropping Beast easily. Capt and DD both made him look like a fool and dropped him in like 3 pannel with pure h2h.

King Castle
now that is PIS.

Starscream M
I blame writers who known to down play super powers like ennis, and only when it proven to be pis. Nothing PIS about Wolverine dropping Beast easily. Capt and DD both made him look like a fool and dropped him in like 3 pannel with pure h2h. ok I agree on that. beast stands no chance against logan. my point is ppl always blame writers when it goes against what they believe in.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by carver9
It shouldn't even be debatable who is stronger out of Beast and Wolvy... Beast is by far stronger than Wolverine. Look at his fight against Spiral... Beast lifted a space ship clean off the ground and was holding it up with ease. A space ship with rooms in the inside (walk in space ship).

As for the fight... Wolverine takes this but he is going to fight for it.

They already fought once and beast was doing good against him (and actually slammed him against a truck stunning him).
Yes it is very much debatable.

Beast was amp for a time to 70 tons, but lost the ability shortly after.

Not much of a fight at all.

When Wolverine was not trying to fight him, as soon as wolverine got mad he easily slashed him. Even then he was scared he lost to much control and killed beast. There fights only go as far as wolverine wants them to. If wolverine comes into the fight will to kill beast, beast is utterly screwed.

Starscream M
beast is basically a weaker, less powerful spiderman without webbing or spidersense

he stands no chance against logan

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Batroc
Some Beast strength feats :

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/X-Men009_05.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/10-2.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/xf004pg01.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/11.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/TheBeast3-21.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/TheBeast3-22.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/-page1116-.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/Defenders137_15.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/Defenders106-18.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/UncannyX-Men385-11.jpg
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/UncannyX-Men385-12.jpg
a lot of these arnt even strength feats.

Can I get the issue and titles of these scans. Some look to be ulternate realities and others clearly look like they take place during the time beast was amped.

The Transporter
Pretty much Beast's only chance is to try and end the fight as soon as possible. If the fight lasts a while, Wolverine's durability will kick in, and he'll eventually catch a tired Beast with a fatal blow. If Beast uses his smarts and strength, he could get Wolverine in a rear-naked choke and hold back Wolvy's forearms with his legs. If it's a "fresh" Beast, he can keep it locked for enough time to choke him out (which I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3 hours just to choke Wolverine), but if he's already battle-worn and wasted, then Wolverine will break loose, grab a hold of one of Beast's limbs and deliver a nasty puncture wound.

So fresh Beast attempting choking technique: Beast takes it 6/10
Beast and Wolverine in a prolonged fight: Wolverine takes it 10/10

Starscream M
Pretty much Beast's only chance is to try and end the fight as soon as possible. If the fight lasts a while, Wolverine's durability will kick in, and he'll eventually catch a tired Beast with a fatal blow. If Beast uses his smarts and strength, he could get Wolverine in a rear-naked choke and hold back Wolvy's forearms with his legs. If it's a "fresh" Beast, he can keep it locked for enough time to choke him out (which I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3 hours just to choke Wolverine), but if he's already battle-worn and wasted, then Wolverine will break loose, grab a hold of one of Beast's limbs and deliver a nasty puncture wound.

Beast and Wolverine in a prolonged fight: Wolverine takes it 10/10 I doubt beast could get such a choke hold

Dum Dum Dugan
Pretty much Beast's only chance is to try and end the fight as soon as possible. If the fight lasts a while, Wolverine's durability will kick in, and he'll eventually catch a tired Beast with a fatal blow.
He has no reason to tire beast in order to get a hit in. You do realize he easily as fast if not faster then beast right? He also a much better fighter as well.......

If Beast uses his smarts and strength, he could get Wolverine in a rear-naked choke and hold back Wolvy's forearms with his legs.

You mean smarts in science which has nothing to do with fight.........

You mean strength that is not superior to wolverines......

He going to some how get the vastly superior fighters arm and legs........

If it's a "fresh" Beast, he can keep it locked for enough time to choke him out (which I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3 hours just to choke Wolverine), but if he's already battle-worn and wasted, then Wolverine will break loose, grab a hold of one of Beast's limbs and deliver a nasty puncture wound.
It is a fresh beast and no beast can't do any of this. Honestly your entire scenerio has to defy most of wolverine powers and abilities to take place.......

Dum Dum Dugan

This is just sad wishful thinking........

The Transporter
Gee I never saw Wolverine using this "awesome strength before", did he hurl a tractor when I turned my head or something?

Beast is as agile as Spidey according to him (Spidey). And we all know that Wolvey never handed Spidey his buttox before.

Beast=Spidey with no 6th sense or webbing, but instead acute sense of smell and hearing.

Starscream M
Gee I never saw Wolverine using this "awesome strength before", did he hurl a tractor when I turned my head or something? wolverine beating beast has nothing to do with his strength...its to do with his fighting ability and his claws

The Transporter
Originally posted by Starscream M
wolverine beating beast has nothing to do with his strength...its to do with his fighting ability and his claws

Okay I understand that, but this guy keeps saying that Wolverines stronger than Beast in raw strength

pea55
No it not. Hand books are not evidence. There constantly wrong, but feel free to ask a mod.

In Comics beast has never been suggested as stronger then wolverine and in the one comparison between the two in strength, showed wolverine fair the better.

Wolverine also has more consistent strength feats as well.
Tell me when logan ever picked up a space ship, truck, or even a car????? None..... Beast did these things in comics and its already been shown here. So tell me how Beast has never been suggested as stronger than wolvie "IN COMICS"!

jinzin

yyyyeah or you don't know crap about Wolverine and tend to over estimate Beast's abilities... ahem class 100 strength anyone? lulz!

King Castle
i took it as a typo

jinzin
Gee I never saw Wolverine using this "awesome strength before", did he hurl a tractor when I turned my head or something?

Beast is as agile as Spidey according to him (Spidey). And we all know that Wolvey never handed Spidey his buttox before.

Except for the half a dozen times where he's done JUST that... so...... yeah... confused

Beast=Spidey with no 6th sense or webbing, but instead acute sense of smell and hearing.

Except that Beast ISN'T = to Spidey as Spiderman has a wide variety of strength feats easily surpassing Beast, AND he does them far more often.

Obviously downplaying Spidey's webbing and Spider sense is going to be your tactic in trying to talk Beast up, but bottem line is that those are MASSIVE attributes to be lacking and the only two things that really make any encounter between Wolverine and Spidey even up for discussion.
Beast is nowhere near as versatile and threatening as parker in a melee fight and Parker's proved as much already by beating Beast unconcious.

jinzin
Originally posted by King Castle
i took it as a typo

Didn't he write 100 like 3 times though?

0mega Spawn
I think he said 25 punches in a single second. If you do out the math that roughly what it come out to. Which really is not far fetch at all. And supports the idea of him being pretty much spidermans equal in combat speed. laughing theres no way in hell wolverine punches that fast...shyt alot speedsters don't even punch that fast...

do you know how fast that is?
you seem like a smart guy laughing (no disrespect)

unreasonably fast for a character with wolverines abilities blink

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
laughing theres no way in hell wolverine punches that fast...shyt alot speedsters don't even punch that fast...

do you know how fast that is?
you seem like a smart guy laughing (no disrespect)

unreasonably fast for a character with wolverines abilities blink

Please name a single speedster that can't throw 25 punches in a second.

2 punches per second is a possibility in the real world, 25 punches per second means Wolverine is roughly ten times faster than a cream of the crop of skilled humans. Not exactly unreasonable, especially for a character with superhuman attributes who has had Spider-man questioning his speed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>