captain america vs shang chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
The best martial artist in marvel vs the most perfect human ever. Who would win?

shaolin9976
I don't think Shang Chi is the best martial artist in marvel...He knows several styles of Kung Fu but his rating is only 6 out of 7 in fighting skills...Captain America though has a rating of 7 out of 7, which means he knows every kind of style there is...that's according to Marvel Encyclopedia.

Piedmon
Shang Chi really OUGHT to win this, because I don't think the guy is given nearly enough Credit..... however, Cap has the advantage of raw strength and speed, not to mention his MIGHTY SHIELD (to which all who oppose must yield...)

shaolin9976
Correction...Shang Chi's fighting skill level is 5 out of 7

Mainstream
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Correction...Shang Chi's fighting skill level is 5 out of 7

mastered one form of combat.

shaolin9976
That's true...the art of Kung Fu...while Cap mastered all forms...

Piedmon
Cap has his own style, which is a fusion of Judo and something else....

shaolin9976
Cap created his own art after mastering all arts...you can't just create an art without the right knowlege of other martial arts...

bakerboy
Well, i really think that shang chi is the best martial artist in marvel universe, even iron fist who is one of the best, said that shang chi was the best one. I know that maybe cap, daredevil or black panther could know more fighting styles, but i think that shang chi is the best one in his own style.

Mainstream
yeah Chi is the best in his own way.

shaolin9976
Shang-Chi is a true Kung Fu master...but I doubt Kung Fu itself will beat Captain America.

bakerboy
The battle is very close, because i think that shang chi is a better fighter than cap, but cap is stronger and faster and more durable, and his shield could be the key in the victory.

shaolin9976
Where does it say that Shang Chi is a better fighter than Cap? I can't seem to find that anywhere. According to this Marvel Encyclopedia he is not even in the same level as Cap? So where is this coming from?

bakerboy
I think that he looks a better figther than cap, his movments are pretty impressive, better than cap's.

shaolin9976
Flowery fists and dance like movement doesn't equal to effective and destructive fighting skills. Remember what Bruce Lee said...Simplicity is the key to brilliance.

Mainstream
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Flowery fists and dance like movement doesn't equal to effective and destructive fighting skills. Remember what Bruce Lee said...Simplicity is the key to brilliance.

character50 indeed grasshopper

bakerboy
Maybe you are right, shaolin. But shang chi fighting skills rememeber me a lot of Bruce Lee, i think that they created the character thinking in bruce.

shaolin9976
And Bruce is an awesome fighter...even created his own style Jeet Kune Do, but his skill level is not even close to his master of Wing Chun...and remember, Bruce Lee watered down his Kung Fu to just effective moves getting rid of the flowery fists and embroidery kicks at once...to make it more effective for him.

bakerboy
You know a lot about martial arts, shaolin.

bakerboy
But one question, who could be the better martial artist in marvel universe? if not chi, who? Cap? Iron fist? daredevil? black panther?

shaolin9976
I know some...I practice Kung Fu myself, Hung Gar a southern shaolin style and learning Northern Shaolin too...

shaolin9976
I think Cap is probably the best martial artist in marvel universe...but it doesn't mean he will win all the fights...there are more factors, like weapons and human strength and speed, than just pure martial arts expertise.

olympian
Out of cap and shi, its iron fist. Hes the one that seems to have the best figthing feats.

For me since i use to read Shang stories he is for me the most pure "emptyhand" master of the marvel universe . In that kind of fight he is the best. He doesnt rely that much on weapons like others or ki.

shaolin9976
When it comes to Kung Fu...Shang Chi is the best...but all around hand to hand combat...Cap will outlast him.

olympian
Oh and about the fight in question. More likely the winner is cap. He is phisically better than Shang in practically all stats, he doesnt tire and hes stronger. And still belongs to the top of food chain in martial arts at marvel.

cap after a very good fight.

olympian
Your right Shaolin wink cap will know he fough one of the best but in the end Shang doesnt have the overall stats to win. Doesnt mean he cant..just that the majority is won by cap.

Dark Thor
captain America takes this battl.e but not easily

Antmaster
Captain America takes it after a so so fight. Shang chi is the best martial artist in that he has the most perfect form. That doesn't nearly qualify him to beat captain america who is a perfect physical specimen with the best practical fightling skills, bar none.

It's like the opera chick that was on American idol (idle). Yeah she was technically the best singer, but not nearly the best practical performer.

Ever watch ultimate fightings early days? The guys with the best kata were routinely creamed by the best fighters trained or not.

cdtm
Bump.

Nine years later and with Stark tech, how does this one go?

cdtm
I can't see Cap winning against Shang with the Iron Man hands. I'd vote for normal Shang over Cap too, but the stark hands make it unfair.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Didn't cap already schooled him?

cdtm
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Didn't cap already schooled him?

Was it a sparring match?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.