Sky High

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
Caught the trailer for this with The Longest Yard. It looks like it could be pretty good. has anyone else seen it?

Cinemaddiction
I'm there. High School of superheroes, Bruce Campbell, and some gnarly special effects.

WindDancer
Looks like a major rip-off of X-men. And I doubt is a spoof of comic book superheroes. The only appealing thing about this film is Kurt and Bruce.

forumcrew
i dont really think is a rip off, they are trying to make the superhero thing more for little kids i think. But still looks decently interesting

ariwin
Rip off of x-men?? no way. Granted they share the whole highschool for superheroes thing, but a lot of other superhero shows/comics/etc have dealt with the same thing. I can't say that i agree.

It doesn't try to be anything more than a family film. That's what i'm expecting.

plus, i love bruce campbell.

botankus
Dammit, why does it have to have Bruce Campbell in it?? If it didn't I could have an official boycott of the movie without feeling guilty about it.

ariwin
Indeed it does have Bruce Campbell in it. I love him, seriously.

you can't boycott a campbell movie -- that's just wrong.

tee hee.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by WindDancer
Looks like a major rip-off of X-men.

Agreed, as well as Spider-Man, FF, and possibly more we don't know about yet.

Shadow_King
wasent marvel and fox sueing this film...or was it some other film??

TheFilmProphet
Marvel Enterprises filed suit against Sony Pictures Entertainment and Revolution Studios' upcoming film Zoom which is apparently confusingly similar to "X-Men." The most disturbing fact to Fox though, is Sony/Revolution's decision to release "Zoom" next May 12, just two weeks before "X3" comes out. Sony/Revolution were previously planning to release "Zoom" August 2006, but moved the date to May a week after Fox announced its bow date for "X3." "Zoom" stars Tim Allen as Jack, formerly Captain Zoom, an out-of-shape former superhero who has lost his powers and is reluctantly called back into action to turn a ragtag group of kids into a new generation of superheroes to save the world from destruction.

SUIT DETAILS

Shadow_King
ok i guess it was a different film.

GGgrievous725
well this sky high is kinda corny looking for little kids it looks alright but not for older kids and kurt russel must have it bad if this is the movies he's playing in now

ragesRemorse
it was only a matter of time before disney got their greedy paws in the superhero popularity.

Solo
Even though Bruce Cambell is in this, I'm almost certain it will be terrible.

ragesRemorse
isnt kurt russel in it aswell? kurt russel is really hurting these days. Someone needs to throw him a bone.

Solo
Yeah he is, but he hasn't done a good movie for...awhile.

ragesRemorse
yeah, what was up with that shitty cop movie? i miss kurt though, i hope he does another good movie before he dies.

GGgrievous725
the last good movie kurt did was probably tombstone

ragesRemorse
soldier was good, damn good actually.

DeRFmAn
I dunno it looks cheesy but I think I'm gonna wanna see it.

Snowbeast
This movie looks amusing, I might check it out. I'll probably wait for it to hit DVD before I see it.

ariwin
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
it was only a matter of time before disney got their greedy paws in the superhero popularity.

What are you talking about?? Did you miss the incredibles last year??

crzyfckr
i friggin loved the incredibles... got my free t-shirt and everything! lol

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Solo
Yeah he is, but he hasn't done a good movie for...awhile.

I thought Miracle was good, and his performance was great.

ariwin
Miracle was one of the most underrated films of last year (was it last year??) Kurt Russel has plenty control over his career.

I have faith...

Cinemaddiction
Saw "Sky High" this afternoon, and I really liked it, personally. It's reall family friendly, chockful o' messages positively reinforcing the family dynamic, and some teenage relatability. It got kind of "Power Rangers-ish" in scenes, but was overall a lot of fun. I'd probably entertain the idea of nabbing the DVD.

Mana4X2
On some levels I agree with you, Cinemaddiction, however I totally loved this movie. I read a review somewhere that said it wasn't any good cos they couldn't even come up with original powers. I was like, come on, do you know how hard it is to come up with original powers considering comic books like the X-Men and the like have been around for ages?!

Anyways, my favourite character was Warren Peace (comes from my fetish for pyrokinesis, and, yes, I admit it, I love the bad boys that turn good in the end), and I also thought he did a good job, considering he is also a musician more than an actor. Steven Strait was the stand out performance for me, but I also enjoyed Danielle Panabaker (Layla's) performance, especially towards the end.

Anyone else like it as much as me, or am I alone, well, aside from the three people I went to see it with, anyway. A 32-, 23- (me), 16-, and 12-year old loved it! big grin

Cheers,
Mana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.