ALL the people from KMC VS Captain America, Daredevil and Nightwing and Taskmaster!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
YES! All the 5000-10000 members from KMC (Minus jplatinum, it would be overkill) Versus Captain America, Daredevil and Nightwing! Could we defeat them?

Heroes have bloodlust, but so have we! They get their normal weapons, we get out trustable fists! Who would ensue as winners? Who would be the last man standing?!

LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
YES! All the 5000-10000 members from KMC (Minus jplatinum, it would be overkill) Versus Captain America, Daredevil and Nightwing! Could we defeat them?

Heroes have bloodlust, but so have we! They get their normal weapons, we get out trustable fists! Who would ensue as winners? Who would be the last man standing?!

LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!

Numbers prevail... some of us are big guys...

colossus17
i am 6'5 and i know i would loose to everyone of them......but through the sheer number of us we will win.with me as leader ofcourse.....

newjak86
I'm 6'2 240 pounds I would get destroyed but numbers and these really don't have a way to take us all out in large numbers so we can over whelm them.

DarkCrawler
But didn't Daredevil take on 100's of hand ninjas?

2Tidus!
180 lb and 6'0 estimated.

I would get squished. But I've got a plan! Use all those irritating 'nOObs' to annoy the crap out of them! They'll just give up stick out tongue.

Hulk Power
I'm the HULK. Of course I can beat them. I'll take them all on at the same time by myself. stick out tongue j/k Though I'm 6'1 and weigh 180 lbs. I know they can beat me in real life. No doubt about it.

GothamProtector
He is the Hulk indeed.

Hulk Power
Yes indeed. smile

pr1983
Individually we're all ****ed, but if we have a plan we can do it...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
Individually we're all ****ed, but if we have a plan we can do it...

yeah with enough prep time and a decent plan we could win.....

DarkCrawler
Yeah.

Send in the rabid fanboys for distraction. Move behind them and knock them out while they are fighting them.

K3VIL
Here am I.6' 3'' 191 lbs, 5years of Jeet Kune Do training, 2years of Thai Boxe, I can take DD

pr1983
Originally posted by K3VIL
Here am I.6' 3'' 191 lbs, 5years of Jeet Kune Do training, 2years of Thai Boxe, I can take DD

tell you what, you attack him, and we'll wait till your done with him... big grin

colossus17
laughing out loud

K3VIL
tell you what, you attack him, and we'll wait till your done with him... big grin
You coward!I'll let you taste the Mighty Mjolnir!
Seriously I think DD will be hard but will go down

pr1983
You coward!I'll let you taste the Mighty Mjolnir!
Seriously I think DD will be hard but will go down

And u alone can take him?

colossus17
god ......does this sound familier or what?

K3VIL
And u alone can take him?
Being serious?I think I've got major chances.I train myself anyday except saturday night/evening and sunday.I'm always in peak of my condition.

2Tidus!
LoL. What about this, we just call Raz, so he bans all of them? Yeah! Who's with me?

pr1983
Being serious?I think I've got major chances.I train myself anyday except saturday night/evening and sunday.I'm always in peak of my condition.

Yes, but he has enhanced senses... i think he may just take u... unless me and the rest back you up... stick out tongue

illadelph12
We could take them. The key would be disarming them. We can sacrifice Mider to take a blow from a Cap shield toss, then have one of the faster members run in, grab it, hop in a car, and take it somewhere. Mider could then take a billy club toss to the forehead and disarm Daredevil, then Nightwing's staff to the stomach. We could then toss Mider at Taskmaster to attempt shorting out his photonic shielding. Then we just dogpile them.

Mider's sacrifice will not go unrewarded...

DarkCrawler

So...you can wade through armies of ninjas with ease, have been trained by perhaps the best martial artist on the world and have enchanced senses?

Piedmon
What if, through time travel, I bring back the fossilized fist of JP back from the future and harness the latent 1337 energy to charge up my own body into a superhuman powerhouse!!!!

colossus17
small problem......JP will never die......also fossils occur when a carbon.....based life form.....dies....JP is an abstract life form..not a carbon based life form

illadelph12
I thought J was platinum?

colossus17
ha?

DigiMark007
10 big, loud boomboxes and DD's down. We form platoons and send people in waves to keep organized pressure on them. Unsalted members can be knocked out and used as shields by the salted members of the forum, making it harder for them to land solid hits. Someone steals DD's cane when he's down and we make our first priority stealing Cap's shield and NW's toys. After that, full scale beat-down and we got ourselves a win.

I once made a feasible plan for KMC to take down Juggernaut...a little prep and a good plan is all we need.

-DM

P.S. Besides, we have K3vil...so DD's screwed anyway. Hehe...

colossus17
haha......k3vil..is jp's cousin....

Piedmon
Right at the critical moment, with my mech disabled and barely functioning, I'd raise up my gun and whisper, "JP..... I believe...." and then I'd shoot out the cable to raise the drawbridge that lets the Nebachadnezzar through..... wait, no, that doesn't work....

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Piedmon
Right at the critical moment, with my mech disabled and barely functioning, I'd raise up my gun and whisper, "JP..... I believe...." and then I'd shoot out the cable to raise the drawbridge that lets the Nebachadnezzar through..... wait, no, that doesn't work....

laughing Jp I believe! HA

We dont need JP or K3vil (no offense ull see)

what have we all learned from wolvie fanboys??? that when they believe in him he becomes exponentially more powerful.....sooooo....all we need is for everyone in the KMC forums to believe in me and I will become even more powerful!! then I can take them all on

Nataku8188
See, while you tards all charge in, I'm just gonna go off in the corner and touch myself while I wait for the end to come.

colossus17
look its the kmc tyrant.....bow!

grey fox
i take wolverine888 and wolverinefan and tie them together by their tongues making wolverine-chucks i then kick some serious ass ^____^

colossus17
laughing out loud

-rage

Creshosk
Stuff enough goblins into the moat and you can form a ladder of goblin corpses up over the side of that pesky wall. . .

Dizzle
Brilliant! I'm not real big or an especially good fighter... Can I just bring the rope for the Wolvie-chucks?

Ok, humble switch off. Here's my arsenal.
Biting Wit
Impenetrable walls of logic
Some huge guns... but no license
Batman. No, just Batman.

I vote fusion dance, anyone else in?

And oh, yeah, right, nataku's here! notworthy

lifeisaglich
I vote for fusion dance as well...no way they are going to adapt to our unique style of dancing...with this taskmaster is going to be the first to fall...anyone agree....

Creshosk
Joy so while you to are trying to do a dbz fusion dance without being able to tell if your power levels are the same or even if that would work . . . stick out tongue

K3VIL
So...you can wade through armies of ninjas with ease, have been trained by perhaps the best martial artist on the world and have enchanced senses?
Do you know who's Bob Breen?He's one of the greatest martial artists in the world, I've studied in his academy for a long time and trained with one of his instructors Adam Bourne in my country for a long time and I'm still training.I never fought an army of ninjas but I've kicked butts of 4/5 guys both trained in my same academy without much of an effort.

K3VIL
Do you know who's Bob Breen?He's one of the greatest martial artists in the world, I've studied in his academy for a long time and trained with one of his instructors Adam Bourne in my country for a long time and I'm still training.I never fought an army of ninjas but I've kicked butts of 4/5 guys both trained in my same academy without much of an effort.And I wasn't even enraged.

Nataku8188
That's nice K3vil, go drool over your Blade pinup some more and I'll get back to you when I care.

CorderaMitchell
ouch!!

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Hulk Power
I'm the HULK. Of course I can beat them. I'll take them all on at the same time by myself. stick out tongue j/k Though I'm 6'1 and weigh 180 lbs. I know they can beat me in real life. No doubt about it.

I'm 5'8 and weigh 142, but I was in the best condition in my barracks, and I'll still get my arse kicked by them, oh well. smile

long pig
I'll kick your ass too, "c-master"!! Bring it on! BAHHH?!!

CorderaMitchell
Oh you wanted the C-Master, my beyond cosmic character and alter ego.

I thought you were talking about cordera, but lets go.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!!!!!

Utilizes brain death, and irrevocable attack, that can't be avoided, and there is no saving throw, once its initaited he can't be resurrected.

Casts, advanced mental domination, on Nataku and K3Vil, once I'm done with them as my puppets, they won't remember a thing, and will be inactive for weeks, IF they survive.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Casts, advanced mental domination, on Nataku and K3Vil, once I'm done with them as my puppets, they won't remember a thing, and will be inactive for weeks, IF they survive.

Nataku? The dragon god of war? Ha!

2 Red, 2 Green, 4 converted mana summoning cost

Immune to spells or abilities.
Tap Nataku to deal damage equal to his attack to target creature or player.
Tap Nataku and 3 converted mana to deal damage equal to his attack to two target creatures or players, each target may only be targeted once.

10/7

CorderaMitchell
Bah the brain death isn't a mear spell, it is a superhuman feat that can't be resisted, a cosmic gift.

Casts lower spell resistance,(magic resistance has now effect on this spell)

Uses contingency( meet opponent) combines (simulacrum and imprisonment) spell resistence is ignored, the host is placed is suspended animation within the earth, wont' expire until the earth ends, a horrible fate actally. The only means around this is a freedom spell, and i know K3vil isn't casting it for you.

Uses comet, which deals major damage and stuns victims who fail a save vs. death, the caster is immune to the spell.

black robb
Bah the brain death isn't a mear spell, it is a superhuman feat that can't be resisted, a cosmic gift.

Uses contingency( meet opponent) combines (simulacrum and imprisonment) spell resistence is ignored, the host is placed is suspended animation within the earth, wont' expire until the earth ends, a horrible fate actally. The only means around this is a freedom spell, and i know K3vil isn't casting it for you.

Uses comet, which deals major damage and stuns victims who fail a save vs. death, the caster is immune to the spell. What the fook? What the f**k?

CorderaMitchell
Mere mortal cant' comprehend, the members and the superheroes will bow before my will.

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!!!

K3VIL
Originally posted by Nataku8188
That's nice K3vil, go drool over your Blade pinup some more and I'll get back to you when I care.
I'll do it when you stop touching yourself at night thinking at your funny lines

K3VIL
I'll do it when you stop touching yourself at night thinking at your "funny" lines

CorderaMitchell
Thats harsh, but he went at it first.

K3VIL
Thats harsh, but he went at it first.
Yes, he's less intelligent so he posts more stupid replies.Easy

CorderaMitchell
I guess thats how the world works then.lol

colossus17
hey guys respect the kmc tyrant........

-rage

whobdamandog
I doubt anyone in here is lying about their stats. The typical comic book fan's physical profile is around 6 feet/200 lbs. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Back to the fight..I think we would get our asses kicked..Cap never looses guy..never..ever!!!

CorderaMitchell
I'm lying profile this boy!!!!!
I don't lie to mortals, MAWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

colossus17
but ur only 5'8.......i am 6'5 ......u may be more masculer.......but i can eat you mwahhahahahahaaha!

-rage

CorderaMitchell
I train, mortal, BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAA2% body fat buddy.

colossus17
i am not a mortal i am a demi-god.....thanos is my father!!!!!!!!!!!

-rage

grey fox
Originally posted by colossus17
i am not a mortal i am a demi-god.....thanos is my father!!!!!!!!!!!

-rage

.....ha I'll just borrow my best friend 'ornamental' katana and sacrifice some hot blond chick to become the avatar of Jp with my new found godly powers running through me I'll slice Cap America into dog food

LordFear
SOMEONE enlighten me here. Why is jplatinum overkill?
I mean unless he is Bruce Lee himself or M. Ali, I don't see how he is such a destructive force. I am 6ft, 250lbs and can handle myself pretty well and am aware of basic krave maga moves. That stuff Isrealite commandos are trained in.

colossus17
Jplatinum=JP= the strongest creature in existence

colossus17
Originally posted by LordFear
SOMEONE enlighten me here. Why is jplatinum overkill?
I mean unless he is Bruce Lee himself or M. Ali, I don't see how he is such a destructive force. I am 6ft, 250lbs and can handle myself pretty well and am aware of basic krave maga moves. That stuff Isrealite commandos are trained in.

i served in the israeli army......are you israeli?

LordFear
Jplatinum=JP= the strongest creature in existence

Oh!!!!
so he is the real life version of TOAA?
gotcha!!

K3VIL
Making joke of people who can't answers is cowardish.

colossus17
Oh!!!!
so he is the real life version of TOAA?
gotcha!!

yeap, he is god, how do you know krav maga?

CorderaMitchell
Kirbilactus buddy!!

DarkCrawler
Do you know who's Bob Breen?He's one of the greatest martial artists in the world, I've studied in his academy for a long time and trained with one of his instructors Adam Bourne in my country for a long time and I'm still training.I never fought an army of ninjas but I've kicked butts of 4/5 guys both trained in my same academy without much of an effort.And I wasn't even enraged.

I am sure that Daredevil could defeat those guys when blinded...

Oh, wait.

demigawd
I'm lying profile this boy!!!!!
I don't lie to mortals, MAWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Wait a minute...I know that guy. That's Anthony Ellis. He has some weight gain e-mail program. I get spam from him all the time about how to gain lots of weight. http://www.fastmusclegain.com. You're trying to tell us that that's YOU????

hahahaha...yeah, ok.

Buncha lyin Fanboys. You're all either 5'4" 97lbs or 6'2" 416lbs. Someone else was talking about taking Krav Maga a few posts ago and couldn't even spell it right, hahahaha.

CorderaMitchell
It is me mortal. Have another.

Blair Wind
hey thats not true.....im 5'10 164lbs....not all comic book fans are skinny little nerd or big guys who sit on the sofa doing nothing.....lol....thats a stereotype

CorderaMitchell
Me inmy living room, time to feel stupid.lol

colossus17
Originally posted by demigawd
Wait a minute...I know that guy. That's Anthony Ellis. He has some weight gain e-mail program. I get spam from him all the time about how to gain lots of weight. http://www.fastmusclegain.com. You're trying to tell us that that's YOU????

hahahaha...yeah, ok.

Buncha lyin Fanboys. You're all either 5'4" 97lbs or 6'2" 416lbs. Someone else was talking about taking Krav Maga a few posts ago and couldn't even spell it right, hahahaha.

yeah that was lordfear.....but i did take it..for 2 years....i served in the israeli army......and as someone said thats a stereotype...not all comic readers are nerds....

DarkCrawler
I can kill an human being with an playing card...

DarkCrawler
Let's add Batman against us.

Blair Wind
NOOOO BATMAN = GOD!!!!

CorderaMitchell
I don't lift weights or suppliments, here's another.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Blair Wind
hey thats not true.....im 5'10 164lbs....not all comic book fans are skinny little nerd or big guys who sit on the sofa doing nothing.....lol....thats a stereotype

It is some of us are downright gorgeous, here's me in real life, you can't deni that demigod.

LordFear
yeap, he is god, how do you know krav maga?

SUBSCRIBE TO martial arts weapons mags. Saw it as an interesting alternative to more known and mainstream fighting styles and inquired about it.
A few lessons into it via mail and email tutorials I am at an intermediate level.

CorderaMitchell
A model pic.

Shutting up another hater was fun, now my duty here is done, wait that rhymed, I do that too. big grin

colossus17
SUBSCRIBE TO martial arts weapons mags. Saw it as an interesting alternative to more known and mainstream fighting styles and inquired about it.
A few lessons into it via mail and email tutorials I am at an intermediate level.

thats cool

LordFear

hahahaha...yeah, ok.

That's like people arguing back and forth and when one person makes a typing error the other answers" Yeah just shows how much you know cuz you can't type". So I put an "a" there were it shouldn't be and that's the basis of your argument that I don't know it???
R u for real dude?
I love it when people can talk smack and what not when they are on the internet. Convenient isn't it?

CorderaMitchell

hahahaha...yeah, ok.

This guy looks nothing like me, he aint as defined, he has more hair, and he isn't as pretty. smokin'

CorderaMitchell
That's like people arguing back and forth and when one person makes a typing error the other answers" Yeah just shows how much you know cuz you can't type". So I put an "a" there were it shouldn't be and that's the basis of your argument that I don't know it???
R u for real dude?
I love it when people can talk smack and what not when they are on the internet. Convenient isn't it?

I already popped his bubble, thanks lordfear, you my boy. cool

LordFear
thats cool
Thanx
I think so to. It builds a lot of confidence and self discipline because at the intermediate level the key thing they stress is how these basic moves need to be executed automatically when in a dangerous situation.
So at this point, I mostly replay the technics and attack combos over and over again in my brain so I can teach myself for it to be second nature. Once I master that, then I can continue with their training.
You guys should try it!!!!

LordFear
I already popped his bubble, thanks lordfear, you my boy. cool

Good looking out buddy.
'Preciate the assist.

Blair Wind
How would you compare it to say....aikido or muay thai? cuz those are the two im interested in but ive heard some good things about Krav.....

LordFear
Originally posted by Blair Wind
How would you compare it to say....aikido or muay thai? cuz those are the two im interested in but ive heard some good things about Krav.....

Well B.W, Aikido I heard and read that it's an ancient form of martial arts and very deadly in itself.K.M is more direct in the sense that much of the moves are or MUST be in close combat situations and aren't design for long range attacks. You deal mostly with punches, counterblocks and some knee-elbow combos. So it's not very open as far as what can be done outside of that unless if very adept and inventive. Muay, GOD I love that form of martial arts and I think that Muay has an upper hand in terms of long range, close range and overall better technics. I didn't take muay because I was not in the shape required for it. Krav is mostly used by law enforcement, some cage fighters and espionnage. Mostly where close combat is essential.

Blair Wind
im not completely in the shape either for it but thats why im working out...alot....hope Krav does good for you

laydiiplayette
Well B.W, Aikido I heard and read that it's an ancient form of martial arts and very deadly in itself.K.M is more direct in the sense that much of the moves are or MUST be in close combat situations and aren't design for long range attacks. You deal mostly with punches, counterblocks and some knee-elbow combos. So it's not very open as far as what can be done outside of that unless if very adept and inventive. Muay, GOD I love that form of martial arts and I think that Muay has an upper hand in terms of long range, close range and overall better technics. I didn't take muay because I was not in the shape required for it. Krav is mostly used by law enforcement, some cage fighters and espionnage. Mostly where close combat is essential.
I think that most people practice aikido as a base for other forms, because it is more about discipline, i guess. I tried it, but it bored me, so I switched to yoga.

colossus17
go to the army for 2-3 years like myself......it will give you discipline......and strength

RayIsGay
ok, where would this battle take place? Because if it were in the comicbook world, we would definitly lose, but here in the real world, it would be more possible.

thats just my thinking.

colossus17
its in the real world.....i think i can take on DD and cap myself.....i will leave the rest 2 u.....

demigawd
It is some of us are downright gorgeous, here's me in real life, you can't deni that demigod.

Indeed! My bad. You do look like weightgainspamguy, though, lol.

demigawd
Krav Maga is a CRT system. I took some lessons in that, but wasn't happy with the product because it's CRT, and I fundamentally don't agree with those types of martial arts. I've been training in Wing Chun since I was eight, so I'm kind of snobby about my martial arts, though. CRT systems might be ok for some people, just not me.

Or anyone else who wants to really learn to fight.

LordFear
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
I think that most people practice aikido as a base for other forms, because it is more about discipline, i guess. I tried it, but it bored me, so I switched to yoga.

hOW did it bore you?
did you have an instructor/mentor?

CorderaMitchell
Indeed! My bad. You do look like weightgainspamguy, though, lol.

Its all good, I've heard alot about you. smile

LordFear
Krav Maga is a CRT system. I took some lessons in that, but wasn't happy with the product because it's CRT, and I fundamentally don't agree with those types of martial arts. I've been training in Wing Chun since I was eight, so I'm kind of snobby about my martial arts, though. CRT systems might be ok for some people, just not me.

Or anyone else who wants to really learn to fight.

Care to elaborate on CRT?
I don't know the terminology!!
Wing Chu. I have seen that being practiced before. Interesting style.
I thought he it to be very effective

demigawd
Then you've heard that I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

You do look like him though, lol. You said you were military?

DarkCrawler
Wow...compared to me, you guy's are Bruce Lees...

Do everybody learn martial arts there where you are from?

I had Aikido for an year...then I stopped it because I realized that it would be no use to me.

colossus17
Then you've heard that I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

You do look like him though, lol. You said you were military?

yes, in israel......if u meant me and not lordfear

demigawd
Care to elaborate on CRT?
I don't know the terminology!!
Wing Chu. I have seen that being practiced before. Interesting style.
I thought he it to be very effective

CRT is a martial arts system based upon reactive scenarios. So, you're taught essentially like, "If your opponent does this, you do this" and it's drilled into your head over and over and over again. The theory behind it is that eventually it becomes second nature so in a real fight, when "somebody does this, you do this". The problem is, somebody won't always "do this", and when they don't "do this", you just react instinctively with less than good results.

I've fought CRT guys before (not specifically Krav Maga), and they always impressed me when they say, "ok, let me show you a move. Throw a right hook" and they do something really cool. I have yet to be impressed with us actually fighting and they're trying endlessly to catch my punch and use move #286.

Wing Chun, rather than using CRT, or using forms/kata like karate does to train its users, use drills instead designed to improve reaction time and sensitivity. Exercises include things like Chi Sau, which allows you to develop your ability to tie together techniques in entirely reactive, improvised combat situations. Eventually you become so adept at it that you start doing the exercises blindfolded because you develop an understanding of fighting psychology and can intuit how your opponent will attack and develop a spontaneous defense against anything he throws. Does that make sense?

There are other systems too that I admire, and if you're interested I can talk about them, even though it's sorta off-topic.

demigawd
Oh, CRT stands for "combat reactive training", by the way.

Aikido isn't a system I recommend for fighting. It's slow and requires A LOT of dedication to get anything out of it. I've fought guys who trained in Aikido for 20 years and are absolutely useless in combat. BUT, I've also fought guys who trained in Aikido for five years and are quite good. You have to be TOTALLY dedicated to it, and you have to have a body/mind that's compatible with it to get anything out of it. It's a dice roll, in my opinion. If you want to learn how to fight, there are far better options.

demigawd
yes, in israel......if u meant me and not lordfear
I was referring to Cordelia (who, until 30 minutes ago, I would have sworn was a chick, lol). But it's good to hear. I was military, but was fortunate enough to get out just before 9/11. Whew!

LordFear
CRT is a martial arts system based upon reactive scenarios. So, you're taught essentially like, "If your opponent does this, you do this" and it's drilled into your head over and over and over again. The theory behind it is that eventually it becomes second nature so in a real fight, when "somebody does this, you do this". The problem is, somebody won't always "do this", and when they don't "do this", you just react instinctively with less than good results.

I've fought CRT guys before (not specifically Krav Maga), and they always impressed me when they say, "ok, let me show you a move. Throw a right hook" and they do something really cool. I have yet to be impressed with us actually fighting and they're trying endlessly to catch my punch and use move #286.

Wing Chun, rather than using CRT, or using forms/kata like karate does to train its users, use drills instead designed to improve reaction time and sensitivity. Exercises include things like Chi Sau, which allows you to develop your ability to tie together techniques in entirely reactive, improvised combat situations. Eventually you become so adept at it that you start doing the exercises blindfolded because you develop an understanding of fighting psychology and can intuit how your opponent will attack and develop a spontaneous defense against anything he throws. Does that make sense?

There are other systems too that I admire, and if you're interested I can talk about them, even though it's sorta off-topic.

Yeah I know it's off topic but I wouldn't mind you sharing some of your views and opinions of various systems. You are totally correct about Krav Maga, it is CRT. I see what you are saying because what if the scenarios are not what you encounter in real life. Apparently the higher level (expert) teachs or speaks about it. Again I have yet to get over the intermediate part which is the automatic

laydiiplayette
hOW did it bore you?
did you have an instructor/mentor?

I took a class from this gal named Karen, and she was so like, too hardcore, I guess. She had no sense humor, and was just like monotonous, and boring. Also yoga helps more with my work, so I can stay in shape and benifit other aspects of my life.

Nataku8188

Uses comet, which deals major damage and stuns victims who fail a save vs. death, the caster is immune to the spell.

"Cannot be target of spells or ABILITIES" if you played MTG you'd know that this means anything you activate.

Congrats, you ripped off a line from Family Guy. I can do that too, "Touche salesman."

demigawd
Yeah I know it's off topic but I wouldn't mind you sharing some of your views and opinions of various systems. You are totally correct about Krav Maga, it is CRT. I see what you are saying because what if the scenarios are not what you encounter in real life. Apparently the higher level (expert) teachs or speaks about it. Again I have yet to get over the intermediate part which is the automatic

Well, it was would dishonorable for me to dismiss martial arts simply because they are of questionable effectiveness - not everybody takes a fighting art to learn how to fight. Every martial art has some physical or mental benefit to it.

That said, if your primary goal is combat when choosing a martial art, the best systems are:

boxing/muay thai - they give you a very basic toolset and leave it entirely up to you to apply it however you will. In many ways, boxing is the best martial art because it most intuitively fits into how you actually fight. the training is effective too because it's basically comprised of full contact sparring and drills to improve your physical abilities - strength, speed, coordination, targeting, etc. Muay thai is boxing with kicks and elbows, so it adds a dimension. However, I find that most Muay thai schools put more emphasis on technique than combat, which is very un-boxing like, so I actually recommend both, instead of Thai over boxing.

Judo/Ju-jitsu - the training philosphy is similar to boxing in that a lot of training is done in improv situations, especially judo (at least in the good schools). ju-jitsu is more hit or miss, however, and you have to pay close attention to whether or not it's CRT style. If it is (and 80% of jujitsu is), then get out of it right away. Grappling is important, however, because as good as boxing/thai are, they're ultimately based on your ability to overpower your opponent. Well, some opponents won't go down just because you delivered a perfect right cross...they'll walk through it and take you down. You have to fight when down. I recommend judo, brazilian ju-jitsu, or sambo (if available in your area). Sambo is especially good. if you take jiu-jitsu, I recommend brazilian or aiki-jitsu (which is the predecessor to Aikido). These will teach you effective locking and breaking techniques in improvisational settings.

Wing Chun/Eagle Claw/Chi-Na/Llama - basically forms of Kung Fu that use something called trapping - a means of deflecting an opponents attack to improve your own position more favorably. it uses drills that really help get a feel for strategic fighting and using things like blind side strategies, footwork and body high ground positioning to gain advantage over stronger opponents. It's not a strength art, as Wing Chun was developed by two women - Ng Mui and Yip Wing Chun. Eagle Claw, Chi-Na and Llama use similar principles, though Chi-Na is actually the basis for all the Japanese grappling arts. The movie-sized version of Chi-Na is typically referred to as "Dim Mak" - the so-called Death Touch. If it exists, I'm not at liberty to discuss it, lol.

Kali - sometimes, you'll find yourself surrounded or overwhelmed and you just need to pull a weapon or some kind and use it. Kali is as good as it gets when it comes to using things you can carry in your pocket or find on the ground to turn the battle in your favor.

This is all my opinion, of course, and I'm sure people will weigh in and disagree, especially if they're practitioners of other styles that I didn't name.

I'll say one thing, though - you may take this list and see if someplace teaches all of it. this may lead you to Jeet Kune Do, which will likely claim to teach all of it. I'd avoid Jeet Kune Do at all costs - it's incomplete and non-standardized. You're as likely to be had as you are to find actual good training. Better off taking the styles separately and combining them yourself.

laydiiplayette
o.O

RayIsGay
ok, you know what can beat any fighting style? i gun from 50 yards away, im almost positive thats the best approach.

lol, but the point of this thread has become fighting styles. kinda weird eh?

demigawd
Oh, I forgot to mention. If you live in the NY area, you can take lessons at the Ron Duncan combat academy, where among the other styles they teach you, includes firearms.

LordFear
very concise and informative reading.
I agree on several points with regards to certain styles although I have heard that the Death touch is nothing more than a gag

demigawd
It is a gag. Well, not a gag, but a legend. But the style that it's based on is very real, and some of the theories are real as well. There are places on the human body that, when stimulated, will cause instant death. But it requires too much precision to be practical. x lbs of pressure, at x angle, at x time of day, adjusted for body types and gender is simply not something that can be done in real life in a fight.

demigawd
And yeah, it sounds silly, but Dim Mak theory is also based on time of the day, because the body goes through different cycles throughout the day where certain nerves act differently and become more or less vulnerable. Bleh.

RayIsGay
Cant you kill someone with a lucky shot on the chest near the heart? Makes it skip a beat and fills with blood and explodes, or releases to much blood or something?

It is a gag. Well, not a gag, but a legend. But the style that it's based on is very real, and some of the theories are real as well. There are places on the human body that, when stimulated, will cause instant death. But it requires too much precision to be practical. x lbs of pressure, at x angle, at x time of day, adjusted for body types and gender is simply not something that can be done in real life in a fight.

Why does time of day matter?

whobdamandog
Here's a picture of me guys..when I was in highschool...and no its not a fake..

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/topmuscu/images/ronnie%20trapezes.jpg

I've studied jeet kun do, boxing, all forms of grappling, kapawela, tae kwan do, judo, and siamese twin kick boxing. In addition I know how to do the krane kick and drum punch

demigawd
Originally posted by RayIsGay
Cant you kill someone with a lucky shot on the chest near the heart? Makes it skip a beat and fills with blood and explodes, or releases to much blood or something?

Why does time of day matter?

My post right before yours answers the time of day question.

And yes, Dim Mak is based upon principles similar to the one you mentioned, where certain spots create destructive chain reactions. So in one sense, as I said, the principles are real, but in another, don't work very well in actual fights.

And who wants to kill somebody just for getting drunk and hitting on your girlfriend anyway?

CorderaMitchell
Nice pic of ronnie coleman there sir, I bodysculpt UI know exactly who that is.lol

CorderaMitchell
"Cannot be target of spells or ABILITIES" if you played MTG you'd know that this means anything you activate.
BG, no abilities count, imprisonment was a *****.

Nataku8188
BG, no abilities count, imprisonment was a *****.

The crossing of the systems leaves much to the imagination.

black robb
Black Robb has come....

Nataku8188
Originally posted by black robb
Black Robb has come....

... and now he needs new underwear.

CorderaMitchell
The crossing of the systems leaves much to the imagination.

Whats your fav rpg.

And in chapter 2, when you have the 15,000 gold, go to the slums,in the house of the guy you left, he'll give you the key to the shadowthieves lair, then you can proceed to the headquarters, in docks.

Nataku8188
Whats your fav rpg.

And in chapter 2, when you have the 15,000 gold, go to the slums,in the house of the guy you left, he'll give you the key to the shadowthieves lair, then you can proceed to the headquarters, in docks.

Like I said, I'm not stuck at all. I had way more than 15k, I blew most of it at that nice store in the main town, but I just keep starting other games and getting distracted.

As for favorite RPG, I'm gonna go with Shining Force 1/2 or Shining in the Darkness or Phantasy star 2/4 or Final Fantasy 3 (America).

CorderaMitchell
I know that feeling, I've liked BG1 and 2, I've been partial to kingdom hearts, and like the feel of diablo.

ZephroCarnelian
RPGs?

Final Fantasy 7.

And Vandal Hearts!!! big grin

Vandal Hearts is on the playstation - quite a short game - but fantastic!!!

Buy it - you can probably pick it up somewhere for a coupla quid.

CorderaMitchell
Whats it about, and you SHOULD, read this thread.

Swanky-Tuna
Taskmaster can copy my sitting maneuver as Cap takes us all out with one shield throw.

CorderaMitchell
lol

grey fox
I have like 0% hand to hand skills but as i said in another post give me a bladed weapon or a staff (hell even a broom/mop handle will do) and i PWN

long pig
I just downloaded Shinging Force 2, Shining in the Darkness and Phantasy star for the Sega Genesis emulator, I haven't played them yet at all.
They're good?

Swanky-Tuna
Shining Force 2 was pretty cool. Gerhalt and Peter rock so hard in that game. So does Slade if you can get him past the thief phase.

long pig
I got Beyond Oasis, story of Thor too, it's not so bad. These RPGs try my patience...mad I'm going to try and play them.

I'll play a little Contra:Hard corps to even it all out. big grin

DarkCrawler
This is as Off-Topic as it can get...

whirlysplat

Funny as hell big grin We have the new JP laughing

colossus17
lol u cant replace JP

whirlysplat
I think we have C17 with KEVIL. JP and KEVIL V BATMAN and DD who wins laughing

colossus17
lol i can take out anyone below JP level.......KEVIL is a problem since he has a part of JP's power......

whirlysplat
lol i can take out anyone below JP level.......KEVIL is a problem since he has a part of JP's power......

Kevil and JP the Dynamic duo JP is the batman type character Kevil is Robin big grin

colossus17
yeah that would be a problem.......poor kevil......having to live with JP in the cave an the end of the multiverse.....

whirlysplat
yeah that would be a problem.......poor kevil......having to live with JP in the cave an the end of the multiverse.....

Kevil is JPs "sidekick" big grin down in the deep dark cave big grin

colossus17
laughing out loud

RagnaViper

And I can cast hadoken. We win.

CorderaMitchell
No I shoot the hadokens around here. NOone else.

K3VIL
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Kevil is JPs "sidekick" big grin down in the deep dark cave big grin
You look like the lackey of colossus17, it's worst I think.
Just cause you two can't make decent topics or replies, doesn't mean you are authoryzed to make joke of me.Maybe if you shut up it would be better.

whirlysplat
Right I am a lackey big grin Robin big grin

Dizzle
I don't think Whirly's the sidekick type. I think him and C17 are actually trying to make their own group of Superfriends. A partnership, if you will. Dedicated to saving the Multiomniverse should JP go insane and attempt to destroy us all. All that can be said now is... I wanna be a Superfriend!

pr1983
i'd beat caps face in with his own shield...

after you lot had softened him up beforehand...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>