Anakin Didn't destroy the Jedi's at all, the clones did [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanquish
I keep reading peoples comments about how Anakin turning to the dark side was the destruction of the Jedi's. That isn't true at all. Anakin had very little to do with it. Anakin didn't wipe out the jedi's, the clone troopers did. All Anakin did was kill a few younglings, and the vice roy in a sealed room. Big deal man. Even a weak ass sith like Darth maul could have done that.

Look, in Anakins very first one on one fight vs another Jedi, he loses his legs, and the ability to breath. Wow, good work Vader.

No, anakin didn't destroy the jedi's, order 66 and the clone troopers did. In fact, Anakin turning to the darkside didn't really do anything at all for the plot of the movie. Palps and his clones did everything on their own. Palps could easily have acomplished his goal with Dooku, or even Maul at his side.

Captain REX
Oh, Anakin was the destruction of the Jedi, trust me. He hunts down the survivors later on, as well. The clone troopers were his army, though.

And done it with Dooku or Maul? Heh! Dooku lost to Anakin, and Maul to Obi-Wan; I think he'd want one of the two killers of his apprentices at his side, and which one is more emotionally unstable?

And Anakin's fight with Obi-Wan was not his first fight with a Jedi; he also fought Cin Drallig in the holograms of the Temple fight.

Vanquish
I don't follow EU, IT AIN'T STAR WARS smile

And even if Anakin hunts down the Jedi's later on, I'm pretty sure it's the clones who do most of the killing. Also, who cares if Anakin is stronger then Dooku and Maul. Lets say Dooku is the one with Palps still. All he has to do is fight Anakin with the clones at his side. Easy. Chosen one or not, high med' count or not, he still can't beat an army of clones.

The point is, Palps and the Clones did everything on their own. Anakin or Vader isn't needed for any of it.

LordYomi13
If you read the book, he also kills shaak ti. He defeats alot of jedi. Don't say Anakin didn't do anything, when the whole backstory of Darth Vader is he helped kill all the jedi.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Vanquish
I keep reading peoples comments about how Anakin turning to the dark side was the destruction of the Jedi's. That isn't true at all. Anakin had very little to do with it. Anakin didn't wipe out the jedi's, the clone troopers did. All Anakin did was kill a few younglings, and the vice roy in a sealed room. Big deal man. Even a weak ass sith like Darth maul could have done that.

Look, in Anakins very first one on one fight vs another Jedi, he loses his legs, and the ability to breath. Wow, good work Vader.

No, anakin didn't destroy the jedi's, order 66 and the clone troopers did. In fact, Anakin turning to the darkside didn't really do anything at all for the plot of the movie. Palps and his clones did everything on their own. Palps could easily have acomplished his goal with Dooku, or even Maul at his side.

man, you are so way off. try watching the movies again

Captain REX
Oh, it's Star Wars, just not George's Star Wars... wink

After Episode III, Vader does most of the killing, not the clones. The clones become Stormtroopers, which then have to fight the war against the Rebellion.

And Palpatine needed Anakin to make his plans work. Anakin, after all, did drop the line to Mace and the Jedi he took with him, which led them to their doom. Plus, Anakin would continue Palpatine's legacy, which was more or less Palpatine's intention.

PALPATINE: Lord Vader shall become more powerful than both of us, Yoda...

(or something like that...)

Palpatine didn't want Dooku or Maul after he found Anakin.

Vanquish
Palps could EASILY have carried out his plans with just the Clones. Anakin doesn't do shit, except kill him in the end. I bet if Palps could turn back time, he would have just stuck with Dooku, and had the clones kill all the jedi's themselves.

All palps needed really was any old Sith apprentice. Basically to use as a pawn, because he didn't want to reveal himself to the rest of the allies.

mysterio69
well, in regards to all things canon, you have a point. palpy could have just sent the clones to the temple. and the outcome would have been the same. but i think the real hunting down of the remaining jedi happens in the years we don't see. come on, you can't picture vader finding some remaining jedi in hiding and ****ing them up?

Captain REX
You're missing the point of Palpatine's recruitment of Anakin.

Anakin was going to be a VERY powerful Jedi, and Palpatine wanted to make use of that. Why train a weak apprentice when you can train one that will continue your legacy for a good many decades? Though, it does all blow up in Palpatine's face, but that wasn't part of his plan. His plan was for Lord Vader to be the one to continue the Sith legacy as ruler of the Universe.

Vanquish
Of course I can see it happening. In fact, I accept that it IS what happened. My whole point is that it isn't needed at all. Any half ass sith lord could do that with the help of the clones (who are the true Jedi killers)

Robin Darkside
wtf, why dont people have a subjective view of Star Wars, its the subjectuve stuff that make me love it. why the f*ck does everyone have to be so skeptical on the objective point of view of star wars

Vanquish
And Rex, sorry to say, but I think you forgot who the Sith are. Ultra competitive, to the point of killing eachother. Don't forget the reason they initiated the rule of two in the first place. I seriously doubt palps cares about Anakin's future. From palps perspective, he feels that he will be the one through the ages that carries on the sith ways. Who the hell knows how old he is, but i'm sure he feels he will be around for a long time.

But you don't really believe that he recruited Anakin because he is thinking of his legacy so to speak do you?

Mist

you didnt happen to catch the action of the jedi temple slaughter on the hologram? took out a few jedi there...

but i just saw rex point that out stick out tongue

plus that was like one vs two or three jedi....

Mist
And Rex, sorry to say, but I think you forgot who the Sith are.

check rex's join date.

now check yours.

now check rex's post count.

now check yours.

see the pattern? i would think rex knows what he's talking about...

Gunship Pilot
Anakin was identified since Palpatine saw him, when he was 9 years old...he always knew of his existance, when he was Plagueis`s apprentice, Anakin was created as the ultimate weapon to achieve their goal: control of the entire galaxy...so the only thing palpatine has been doing is just use people as instruments to bring the full erradication of the jedi.

Vanquish
Mist, what does post count have anything to do with anything? Rex has an opinion that Palps in some way cares about Anakins best interest and his future. I simply disagree. Siths don't care about eachother at all. That has been proved time and time again. They back stab eachother constantly. Look in JUST the movie times. What, less then 50 years? Palps says he killed his master. Palps turns on Dooku and has Anakin kill him. Anakin turns on Palps and kills him.

3 dead siths in 50 years, all killed by other siths. Do you really think they give a shit about eachother? Post count or no post count, the Siths care only of themselves.

Robin Darkside
man, the f8cken Jedi were not perfect, and the sith came to be because the Jedi could not see it.

Man, BAN ME TOO, DISCUSSIONS SUCK.

BAN ME SO I WONT COME BACK

Robin Darkside
IM JUST TIRED I THINK

DeVi| D0do
BEN KENOBI: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights..."

nuff said.

Mist
Mist, what does post count have anything to do with anything? Rex has an opinion that Palps in some way cares about Anakins best interest and his future. I simply disagree. Siths don't care about eachother at all. That has been proved time and time again. They back stab eachother constantly. Look in JUST the movie times. What, less then 50 years? Palps says he killed his master. Palps turns on Dooku and has Anakin kill him. Anakin turns on Palps and kills him.

3 dead siths in 50 years, all killed by other siths. Do you really think they give a shit about eachother? Post count or no post count, the Siths care only of themselves.

post count = rex posts....a lot....in the star wars forums....i would think he knows a thing or two...

palps and anakin are friends. dooku is a tool of war. maul....who knows what the feck maul did apart from feck up Black Sun for palps...

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
BEN KENOBI: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights..."

nuff said.

DD, your my knight in shinning armor

Vanquish
lol, point taken. But he could have easily also said. "a powerful clone army, that was given the order from an even more powerful sith lord, was the reason the jedi are no more. They went into hiding, and this Sith lord, with his army at his call, hunted down the last of the jedi's and destroyed them. Oh ya, there was this punk Darth Vader with them too. He didn't really do anything that the army couldn't do themselves, but god damn was he mean looking"

smile

mysterio69
yeah, but you're assuming things that nobody knows for sure. i'm sure vader could've gone on missions himself to hunt down some jedi. he had the army at the temple because there were so many of jedi all together. i'm sure he could do some hunting down himself. but that's all irrelevant because it doesn't happen in the movie. in the movie, yes, the clones did the most work.

Mist
just taking order 66, not any hunting that might occur later on...but, why would vader/anakin go to each and every world where a jedi was just to kill them? travel all the way to mygeeto just to stab kiadimundi? then go all the way to felucia to stab aayla?

ok, after order 66, sure, theres not many jedi left, so hunting the rest down would be worth it. but since theres thousands of jedi at the time of order 66, wtf is anakin gonna do?

mysterio69
exactly. that would've made for a lonnnnnnng movie.

Robin Darkside
wasn't it the first time you have experienced or perceived, that Jedi's are weak. thats what I thought. In OT, the mystery behind being a Jedi was totally cool and all, which made me love star wars in the first place. The explanation of this made it shitty.

I wish I thought the way I did before the PT came out

mysterio69
yeah. you kinda get the impression that they're these mysterious wizard-like people who do good in the galaxy...or something like that. now, they're just a bunch of policeman who get ****ed up.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by mysterio69
yeah. you kinda get the impression that they're these mysterious wizard-like people who do good in the galaxy...or something like that. now, they're just a bunch of policeman who get ****ed up.

no ...

I hope someone feels the same way i do

hard to say, I know...

mysterio69
hmmm...i was way off, wasn't i? oh well.

Vanquish
True, but you do still have the choice to see the Jedi's in any light you wish. I can certainly see peoples point that the Jedi's were revealed as something not quite "jedi like" in the end. Hints of arrogance, possibly even mistakes on their part.

But at the same time, you can choose like me to still assume the best of them, and just chalk it all up to a very powerful and manipulative Sith Lord that clouded their judgment and changed everything. He twisted everything against them. Half the stuff he says about them flat out isn't true, and the other half might be true, but from a certain clouded perspective.

I think at heart, most of the jedi's are still pure. At least the ones like Yoda and Obi wan and stuff. Not sure about Windu. I've always felt he is a little dark jedi"ish", but that's just me.

But they certainly did get fuked up in a hurry didn't they. I guess that's my point all along. They got fuked up fast by clones and palps, NOT by anakin. His role and influence in the grand scheme of things is actually quite small when you think about it.

I had a breif "anakin seems to be quite unnecessary" revelation, coupled with everyone saying anakin brought down the jedi's, which spawned this thread. I think anakins role is very minor actually, until the end of ROTJ when the profecy is fulfulled.

Robin Darkside
Foresure, that it gives a lot of insight of the sith, how Palpatine came to be and stuff, its all good.

It has its benefits and non bene.....

I'm not complaining to much, just that I remember my previous perception from watching the OT

Robin Darkside
Sorry people. I may be too convincing, I need to relax

vader1
The point of the matter is that Ben Kenobi says that Vader "helped" the empire hunt down and kill the jedi. The key word is "helped," Vanquish acts like he was supposed to kill all the jedi. So it was true, he helped kill the jedi.

Vanquish
Well I suppose if your mom ties your shoes for you in the morning, you can say she "helped" you. But I would rather take the perspective that you can tie your own damn shoes, so regardless of who does it for you, they aren't helping you because it isn't needed.

Vader did help palps do those things yes, but the whole point is that the help is not needed because it could all have been done anyway. Get it yet? or do I have to rephrase it another way for ya smile

Vader is a pointless character until the last 5 minutes of ROTJ. There it is, plain and simple. Nothing he did was necessary for it to BE HIM. It could have been several other people also, or just the clones if need be.

Robin Darkside
ok ok, I say it

the PT, doesn't apply to OT

Like I said, our perception has changed throughout the PT. I'm a huge Star wars fan and all, right from the OT, but I can never feel the way I did from before.

Off course the PT is all good and all, but, it makes you feel differently of what you used to think about SW.

I never noticed it until I started thinking about myself. I remember I couldn;t watch EP IV without seeing the next ones. You just had to watch the rest.

I feel that I cannot to the same, maybe cause I gotton old, although I'm not that old (23). when it comes to EU, I think its ok, but you cant take it for granted cause EU is like anyone of us writing a novel, we can come up with our own theories. Ha, even though theories come with just watching the movies. I could say more, but I leave it on that

Vanquish
Ok new thread. Somehow my point got missed in this one. I'll rephrase and start a new one just for the hell of it because i'm bored smile Stay tuned

Robin Darkside
Ok new thread. Somehow my point got missed in this one. I'll rephrase and start a new one just for the hell of it because i'm bored smile Stay tuned

my bad

Vanquish
Same concept as the other thread, but stated differently smile

When you all were watching the OT way back when, didn't you see Darth Vader basically as a god. He was so cool, and so powerful, that it seemed nothing could stop him. If you even looked at him wrong, he would force choke you to death. We didn't really see much of the emperor, so the OT's made it appear that vader was that leader of the empire, and it couldn't have been anyone else BUT him. It had to be him. The strongest, the coolest, the badest villian of all time.

But now after seeing the PT's, especially ROTS, it seems that is not at all the case. First off, he is a whinny little pussy in all the movies. Second, he is far from unbeatable. In fact, he gets his ass kicked on several occasions. Lastly, he isn't even the one in charge of the empire, palpy is. Vader actually seemed to have very little to do with any of it as it turns out.

This was my point. The OT made it appear that Vader was the best, and that it could not have been anyone else but him in that role. But the PT makes it clear that he is definitely not the strongest, definitely not the smartest, and definitely not the coolest. Also, he isn't in charge of anything, and he didn't influence the time line much at all. It could have been any one of like a dozen characters that filled his role.

He wasen't needed for controling the empire, because palps does that.

He wasen't needed for palps to gain any power at all, because palps manipulated that power all for himself.

He wasen't needed for killing the jedi's, because the clones did, and can do that. (the topic of my other thread)

He wasen't needed for much of anything actually. Vader in the OT was a god. Anakin in the PT ruins everything I ever thought about Vader. You could remove him from the movie entirely and not even notice now.

DeVi| D0do
Vader is pretty useless in the suit. He's just a pathetic little pawn in Palpatine's game.

JKozzy
That won't be appreciated by members and mods. Continue talking in this thread.

Boris
Yeah I thought ROTJ showed that...

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by JKozzy

ok, lada da da da...wtf.....kiss my ass you f*cken noob

Ban, ad ada da

Robin Darkside

yout threats are astonishing

P*ssy

Robin Darkside
ahhhhhhhhhh

Vanquish
smile smile smile

Robin Darkside
man, I cant control, sry, some people really suck

Ast Rofan
Oh my god...

Robin Darkside
sry, I got bored reading that

Vanquish
Well I could have said "Anakin is a pussy" and didn't need to be in the movies at all. But too many fuking chicklet brains on this forum can't understand basic english, so you have to dump a novel on their ass for them to get it...

New thread...

Anakin is a useless pussy. Happy now? smile

Ast Rofan
I undertand every ****ing dumbass word you said, but thought they were just that, dumbass ****ing complaints.

Robin Darkside
No, your allright, we never seen much of Palpy.
personally, when I watch the PT, I look forward to the scenes with Palpy. I think thats why EP III is so great, cause we get to see him in action. IN the OT, I always await the Palpy scenes, and the all time best, Luke VS Vader.

How Luke gave into his anger to strike Vader down, but once he remembered that his hand was taken off, like Vaders hand, He remembered when he felt Vaders feelings (EP V). There was still good in Vader (The feelings of Luke), when he couldn;t destroy him.

I recall the words:

"Join me, and we can destoy the emperor"

man, star wars is great

JKozzy
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
yout threats are astonishing

P*ssy I see no threats... and what's with the hostility? confused

Robin Darkside
you sounded like it

P*ssy

JKozzy
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.

Darth Travizzle
sry, I got bored reading that
I didn't even bother reading it. A hate Vader dissing threads. They're all the same. a BIG pile of shit

Robin Darkside
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.

I get it from dreaming about your moma's p*ssy

JKozzy
Really? That's sorta gross. Good luck with that thumb up

Robin Darkside
thanks

Captain REX
Hey Robin? SHUT UP if ya know what's good for ya. If you're trying to get yourself a warning/ban, please, let me know.

And Mist, thank you, but please try not to bring 'REX has been here three years whereas you have been here a week or two' into it. It never helps, though I do appreciate it somewhat...maybe...

It is a matter of simple disagreeance.

Though, while the Sith are backstabbing bastards, I still think Emperor Palpatine wanted to make use of Anakin...and no I do not believe in the 'Plagueis taught Sidious how to use the Force to make Anakin with midichlorians' theory, that's completely a crackpot thing.

After all...

PALPATINE: Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us, Master Yoda...

Why would he recruit Anakin if he knew that Vader would become more powerful than Palpatine if not to simply keep the Sith in power for the next several generations?

Captain REX
Vanquish, this is your second thread on the your opinion of the uselessness of Darth Vader. You only need one, after all.

Robin Darkside
ok, I need a warning Captain

Captain REX
Consider yourself warned. And don't continue, that's the one way road to Bansville...

Ken Kenobi
ok, I need a warning Captain

*happily hands RD a warning*

Now, 2 more of those and you are out of here. I don't want to see any more abusive language or member bashing.

Robin Darkside
And to add to your stuff Captain.
I dont think people should be judged becasue of when they registered, I think the judging should happen when people are being idiots. If some noob makes a thread thats real dumb, then ok, just dont think that a old man like you should think hes better cause he registered in 2001

Ken Kenobi
And to add to your stuff Captain.
I dont think people should be judged becasue of when they registered, I think the judging should happen when people are being idiots. If some noob makes a thread thats real dumb, then ok, just dont think that a old man like you should think hes better cause he registered in 2001

He never said that, he even defended the position that registration date means nothing. Look at his post where he asked if you want a warning.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Captain REX
And Mist, thank you, but please try not to bring 'REX has been here three years whereas you have been here a week or two' into it. It never helps, though I do appreciate it somewhat...maybe...

Ta-da! For the most part says that I don't think it's worth mentioning, because it only creates problems.

Robin Darkside
things can be implied young Ken.

If the warning is official, PM me

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
I didn't even bother reading it. A hate Vader dissing threads. They're all the same. a BIG pile of shit

laughing out loud

jabbar
* snore *

Captain REX
Having this merged soon...eventually...

Ragnarok_AU
big pile of black and brown pixels?

stick out tongue

Captain REX
Quite impressive, ain't it? Man's hardest work.

Ragnarok_AU
Bah, i say the tamagotchi made it not man

cameron666
Vader is second in command of the empire next to palps. And i hated the cheesy "Nooooooooooooooooooo" at the end of ROTS. But Vader still rules. Alothough i still like Dooku best.

Ragnarok_AU
I dont like dooku that much, some sith he was.
He didnt kill any jedi.

Maul : Qui-gon
Dooku : ....
Vader : Obi-wan
Sidious : Those dudes he killed

Vanquish
You can't really credit Vader with killing Obi wan, since Obi wan intentionally let himself be taken. I thought the movies made that abundantly clear... I guess for some, they still didn't.

And since when does the amount of kills represent how good you were? Does that mean Yoda sucks? How many kills did he get in the 5 movies? Lets see.. I guess he's the weakest jedi there is huh?

Ragnarok_AU
he never had the chance to fight
and i said sith not jedi
big difference, jedi dont hunt the sith so they cant be credited with kills like the sith can.

and anakin can count for the jedi he hunted

Mist

mkay mkay, only said it coz he was acting all 'i know more than anyone here...you all know nothing' blah blah...and yet failed to produce anything worthy.....

Robin Darkside
Hey Robin? SHUT UP if ya know what's good for ya. If you're trying to get yourself a warning/ban, please, let me know.

Though, while the Sith are backstabbing bastards, I still think Emperor Palpatine wanted to make use of Anakin...and no I do not believe in the 'Plagueis taught Sidious how to use the Force to make Anakin with midichlorians' theory, that's completely a crackpot thing.

After all...

PALPATINE: Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us, Master Yoda...

Why would he recruit Anakin if he knew that Vader would become more powerful than Palpatine if not to simply keep the Sith in power for the next several generations?

Thats an interesting thought of Palpatine, Why would he recruit someone who can eventually destroy him. I guess sith are so thick headed that they know the strong will be ahead, in that sense, it comes down to darwins thoery of natural selection, the strongest will survive. Darth Plegius, that fool, and Palpy is prone to make the same mistake.

DarkYoda
Okay... I just barely skimmed some of the posts in here because it was so chaotic, but there is a point that should be mentioned that applies to the original post

What would have happened if Anakin had not been a Sith apprentice and had helped the Jedi in the temple fight off the clones?

Somehow I think things might have turned out differently. Whether he killed many jedi or not, the fact that the "chosen one" abandoned them to death made a big difference! His inaction condemned them to death!

Robin Darkside
not even worth thinking about, destroys the saga

Vanquish
First, Mist, at no time did I act like I knew more then everyone. Go read it again ok. It was a thread for disussion, and all I said was I think he forgot who and what the sith stand for. They don't give a shit about eachother, or their futures. You were the one that brought post count up out the blue for some strange reason like that somehow makes me wrong. So I guess the more posts you have, the more correct you are? Interesting theory. Again I have to disagree, but to each his own right. Even the guy you defended says that it has no place in a discussion, which it doesn't.

Secondly:

Interesting take, but I tend to disagree. I feel like no matter what Anakin did, or didn't do, the out come would have been exactly the same. I fail to see how Anakin changed anything at all. Palps had a brilliant plan laid out, and he carried that plan out to perfection. Everyone around him were just pawns. It was flawless, Anakin had nothing to do with any of it.

DarkYoda
And yeah... Anakin did kill several other Jedi in the temple... the scenes just got cut from the theatrical version. They might get put back in for the DVD. He specifically kills Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig. There is some footage in the movie of Anakin in a hologram killing Cin Drallig and his apprentice. Whether we see it happen or not, it is implied that Anakin did kill many of the jedi besides the younglings. wink

Vanquish
Yup, I haven't disputed that. I just think the clones could have done it just as easy. I just wish Anakin was portrayed as being a lot stronger, and a lot more invaluable to palpy then they did. But the DVD will kick ass, no doubt. There are so many things they cut that really should be in it. Fuk the kids who can't stay awake long enough for the full version, I want to see it all dammit smile

DarkYoda
Yeah... that was my biggest complaint with Episode III. It should have been longer. It feels too rushed right now. The temple scenes especially! sad

DeVi| D0do
It did feel very rushed... a lot had to happen in the movie. So it is a good thing the Rebellion scenes were cut...

DarkYoda
I think it would have been nice if there had been more scenes where there was time for reflection on what had happened... kind of like when Anakin is in the temple looking out at Coruscant and Padme looks back at him. Not more bloated dialogue... just quiet scenes that let's the audience realize what has happened. Maybe some more scenes of devastation. A quiet scene where Yoda and Obi-Wan are just thinking about stuff with concerned looks on their faces... that type of thing.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I think it would have been nice if there had been more scenes where there was time for reflection on what had happened... kind of like when Anakin is in the temple looking out at Coruscant and Padme looks back at him. Not more bloated dialogue... just quiet scenes that let's the audience realize what has happened. Maybe some more scenes of devastation. A quiet scene where Yoda and Obi-Wan are just thinking about stuff with concerned looks on their faces... that type of thing.

try not to scare people with your gay ways...F*G

DeVi| D0do
It's one thing to bash people in the off topic thread, but it really sucks even more when you pollute the other threads with that crap as well...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mist
Shut. Up.

i dont see how you could have lasted this long without getting banned.

i dont see why someone would sit on the net dishing out insults and acting like a total tard. but then again, id kinda expect that from a 12yr old.

move on. get lost. leave people alone.

obviously that wasnt for dodo, but for the tard above him.

Robin Darkside
It's one thing to bash people in the off topic thread, but it really sucks even more when you pollute the other threads with that crap as well...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

hey man, I;m directing this shit to Yoda guy.....
people need to know that he's a piece of shit and a pervert.

Paola
^ if you have something to tell any KMC forum member, use MSN or something.

This kind of behaviour ain't allowed in KMC

Robin Darkside
hey man, I;m directing this shit to Yoda guy.....
people need to know that he's a piece of shit and a pervert.

I was kidding, Dark Yoda, I thought he would find it funny, guess not, now I look like the f*cken idiot

DarkYoda
If you were kidding you would have shown it somehow... a smilie or a j/k or something. And joking about me being a pervert and liking boys is not something that is funny. That stuff is sick.

DeVi| D0do
If you seriously want us to respect you, Robin, just drop it.

Robin Darkside
DD, its good

Robin Darkside
If you were kidding you would have shown it somehow... a smilie or a j/k or something. And joking about me being a pervert and liking boys is not something that is funny. That stuff is sick.

yep, that shit is sick, Dark Yoda, u are not

smile

DeVi| D0do
I agree, there really wasn't a helluva lot of time for the characters to just sit back and think about what has happened let alone the audience. Though I think including these small scenes could have been jarring with the fast pace of the rest of the film... Yoda has a nice moment at the end of the film after his duel, but that's it really...

DarkYoda
If you seriously want us to respect you, Robin, just drop it.
Yes just drop it, Robin. And please... learn from the mistakes you have made tonight and don't doom yourself to repeat them. Otherwise the same thing is likely to happen here as well. erm

DarkYoda
I agree, there really wasn't a helluva lot of time for the characters to just sit back and think about what has happened let alone the audience. Though I think including these small scenes could have been jarring with the fast pace of the rest of the film... Yoda has a nice moment at the end of the film after his duel, but that's it really...

Yeah... I forgot about that... moments where they are meditating are very good in my opinion. It makes them seem more real! I wouldn't want it to jar with the fast paced scenes... but kind of like the empty council room scene... more moments of deep reflection with emotional music before and after major dramatic action pieces would have made this movie better. Instead of being a 2 hour movie, it should have been a 2 1/2 hour movie! yes

Robin Dickside
Dark Yoda, your a piece of shit

DeVi| D0do
Yeah... I forgot about that... moments where they are meditating are very good in my opinion. It makes them seem more real! I wouldn't want it to jar with the fast paced scenes... but kind of like the empty council room scene... more moments of deep reflection with emotional music before and after major dramatic action pieces would have made this movie better. Instead of being a 2 hour movie, it should have been a 2 1/2 hour movie! yes
Indeed. A 2 1/2 hour movie would have been great. yes

DarkYoda
I'm not the one that created a new name with the word "dick" in it. laughing

Ogami Itto
Hate to say it but Anakins jedi killing skills were poorly showed by Lucas

i thought once he'd fallen that'd be it!! y know marching into the temple alone!! casually sauntering along, slicing, dicing, choking and throwing younglings, padawans, knights and masters alike!!

he does seem a bit weak in episode 3!!
they should have completely cut grievous from the film and showed the above temple scene AND a full blown duel between him and Mace(not as long as long as the finale tho 5 mins or something) they also should have shown him doing something IMMENSLEY powerful oinly the chosen one could do!!! i dont know , something like taking on the masters without his Saber ignited,( we've only seen lightsaber v lightsaber or force power v forcepower!) kinda like a bruce lee stylee!! him standing in the middle of the room unarmed while they all surround him and attack (1 by 1 of course! lol)

I dunno does anyone agree?? or is it just my twisted fantasy??

GL could definitely shown Vaders power more!!!

Vanquish
Totally agree. That's what I've been saying the whole time. The biggest thing that is missing is bridging the gap between how powerful Vader seemed to be to everyone in the OT, and Anakin in the PT leading up to it.

I wanted to come away from the movie knowing that Vader was the ONLY one who could have done the job because he was the strongest like he is supposed to be, and that palps definitely needed him to gain ultimate power, but I didn't. I came away thinking that Anakin was somehow weak, and palps didn't need him at all. And since Anakin is portrayed as weak in his supposed prime, doesn't that make Vader in the OT weak?

General Zodiac
Anakin killed a lot of Jedi in the temple. They just didn't show it...

Dark Thor

he did kill Jedi. like cin drallig, ju nocasta, serra keto (just to name a few)

jango fat
Dooku 's an idealist, man.
He ain't that easy tah controll as Ani.
Ani's frustrated and instable. Dooku knows what he wants.

Davey 27van
I know this is a old posting just wanted to say hope you don't think the same thing now with the new canon material. Tcw and rebels definitely help. Also anakin might I've been cut up and left to die on mustufar (sp) but he was able to tap into to the dark side even further to keep him alive. By musturing the hatred of obii wan and the rest of the Jedi order to keep him alive. While most would have died. Even the scene with him killing the Jedi flegding was a good depiction on how ruthless and devotee he was to palp. and remember the time between tpt and tot. 20 years during tpt he was being trained by the Jedi. He just started is with training at the ejd of tpt. By the time tot came out he was ready to become a with master by trying to turn Luke.

Lord Lucien
Lotta acronyms in there. I dunno any of 'em.

queeq
Time to go back to Acronym School, then.

JediRobin23
I get it....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.