ROTS game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jabbar
I thought it sucked. Too much repititon, and not enough depth.

The actual fighting was really good though. As a 1-on-1 fighting game (a la street fighter) it was pretty good.

DenKi
Single player sucked, Multiplayer sucks because theres not enough people to fight with and they added afew Randoms to the list when they could of added Some main SW charaters like Luke ect...

I would like to see a SW game just like a Mutliplayer one only 1v1 kinda thing will everyone in SW.

Mist
already a thread on this.

bought it two days ago. multiplayer f*kn rules.

camera angles suck.

and yes, not enough people.

no expression

Kuun
So is there going to be a PC version of the game? Almost ALL SW games go to PC and they manage to leave this one out??!

DenKi
It would be good if there was a PC version even tho that isnt going to happen, but you would beable to Modifiy loads of things in that game for the PC like changing there Skins and Adding different Levels what would of been cool

SolomnicKnight
i dont mind the new characters but i would have liked to have seen the old more common ones

Darth Travizzle
EU, that is all I have to say.

JKozzy
There is no PC version. There won't be, either.

General Zodiac
Here's a list for a Jedi Fighting game:
Revan
Malak
Luke
Anakin/Vader
Sidious
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Obi-Wan/1,2,3, and 4
Qui-Gon
Mace Windu
Yoda
Plo
Ka-Adi-Munda (Forgive for misspelling/guy with cone head)
Jerec
Kyle
Desann
Ben Skywalker
Anakin Solo
-Custom Character-

mysterio69
what about the ladies, man? aayla, adi, mara, etc....?

jango fat
already a thread on this, man

General Zodiac
You can add if you like.

Captain REX
Hurray for being wishful...?

General Zodiac
You can add on the list even take some off. I don't care cause that's your opion.

Captain REX
My opinion is that this thread doesn't belong here. big grin

matreid
Originally posted by General Zodiac
Here's a list for a Jedi Fighting game:
Revan
Malak
Luke
Anakin/Vader
Sidious
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Obi-Wan/1,2,3, and 4
Qui-Gon
Mace Windu
Yoda
Plo
Ka-Adi-Munda (Forgive for misspelling/guy with cone head)
Jerec
Kyle
Desann
Ben Skywalker

Too many EU characters. I would just stick to the guys in the movies.
Anakin Solo
-Custom Character-

AmrothSkywalker
Luke
Anakin
Vader
Sidious
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Obi-Wan/1,3, and 4
Qui-Gon Jinn
Mace Windu
Yoda
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Adi Gallia
Kit Fisto
Aalya Secura
Saesee Tiin
Depa Bilaba
Eeth Koth
All of these people are in the saga somewhere. Pretty much I think there should be one fighting game for The saga and one for EU. This is the one for the saga.

Here's an EU list

NJO Luke
Leia
Tavion
Joruus C'baoth
Desann
Revan
Malak
Kreia
The exile
Darth Nihilus
Darth Scion
Freedon Nadd
Tulak Hord
Marka Ragnos(Any other ancient Sith or Jedi)
The Emperor(He gets cloned)
Mara Jade
Ulic Qel-Droma(Light and Dark)
Exar Kun
Cay Qel-Droma
Bastila

That's all I could think of at the moment but I'm sure there's a bunch of other cool Jedi and sith I forgot feel free to add.

Captain REX
Somehow, I think this thread needs to die.

None of those EU characters would go into a video game for Revenge of the Sith. They wouldn't bother...

Darth Zenemij
Most of those are just old characters or old sith lords no one knows about.

Captain REX
Yeah...meaning that they wouldn't be in anything modern. Most of them were one time appearances in a comic book...or in a book series or something that I didn't read... roll eyes (sarcastic)

AmrothSkywalker
Well I still think it would be cool to finally have a sick Star Wars fighting game(We don't really need the EU characters and I didn't mean in an Ep III game you moron)

Captain REX
Watch yer tongue, little one. stick out tongue

And this is a thread about the ROTS game in the Episode III section, so I'd assume they'd be talking about it. Or should I have it moved to the EU section? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
finally, they get light saber fighting right. In all other star wars games, one of the worst aspects was always the light saber controlls, because there was none. the game is simple, and thats probably why it works so well.

AmrothSkywalker
In the Jedi Knight series all you do is swing swing and hope to hit your target. In this there is actually a sense of control over what you do with the saber. And Rex who cares if we get a little off topic cmon no hard feelings.

Red Superfly
Actually Jedi Knight has a fine combat system, tailored perfectly to it's controls. You can do combo attacks and multiple different moves at will and it's completely intuitive in my opinion. The collision is tight and it really does feel like a Jedi fight.

So far no game has bettered Jedi Knight for saber combat yet.

Boris
Good game alright, saber combat was brilliant, although too short and no replay value, should do another but on Eu to flesh it out and add length.

Gunship Pilot

AmrothSkywalker
DUDE no way does Jedi academy have that great a lightsbaer system you cant even lock onto a character with the moves so u do em 5 feet away and miss half the time some of em are good but they're so easy to dodge. Trust me I've played it online the duels are horribly ugly looking just swinging everywhere back and forth And you cant block, and you just swing everywhere your opponent is not half the time it is very good against the PC but not humanvshuman dueling.In Rots it actually takes tactics and strategy where in JKJA there is not so much of that. ROTS takes the cake for lightsaber multiplayer dueling. End of story.

Red Superfly
Dude, you're supposed to dodge attacks in JKA.

I've played ROTS, and to be honest, out of all the moves, you don't need the parry system, you can quick attack the whole game and get away with it, and most of the game can be done with pretty simple button bashing. They went to all the bother of making all those animations, getting Nick Gillard and Hayden to help them out, and forgot to implement them on a tactile level. The moves are there, but totally redundant. Jedi Knight, especially against skilled players, requires use of every single move to be effective.

The key issue is this:

Take a skilled player in Jedi Knight - he/she will ALWAYS waste a n00b, because the combat system is skill intensive.

Take a skilled player in ROTS - he/she can lose to a n00b very easily via simple button bashing.

The skill isn't there. It's just too simple and easy for my liking.

Still, both decent games, but Jedi Knight is still the best GAME.

ROTS looks more like a duel, but Jedi Knight certainly feels more like one.

Tulak Hord
I agree with both sides, but I don't take with both sides. ROTS is a fun game for releaving stress. And you play Jedi Knight to build up that stress. Nah, I'll stick with what I'm good at, KOTOR style of fighting. It'd be kinda cool for KOTOR to be a MMORPG, with travel to each of the planets and stuff, and fight people with that same style of RPG-ness. It'd be almost unpredictible, there'd be no pattern. There's my 2 and a half cents. *Throws in 2 credits and 50 nano-credits* God bless RPGs, and no Genre else.

Captain REX
Staying on topic is slightly the point of everything, Amroth... wink

I fully agree with Superfly! I enjoy the duels in the Jedi Knight games very much, but I have not played a game that has rivaled that gameplay dueling wise. It may be a crappy system of 'get the **** out of the way or you'll get hit!' but it's more fun.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Actually Jedi Knight has a fine combat system, tailored perfectly to it's controls. You can do combo attacks and multiple different moves at will and it's completely intuitive in my opinion. The collision is tight and it really does feel like a Jedi fight.

So far no game has bettered Jedi Knight for saber combat yet.

I've seen all the star wars movies and read a few books. In all of the star wars material out there. The only outlet where jedi's run around in circles flailing their light sabers at each other hoping for the best is the video games.

Gunship Pilot
jhdkfabnjkdfnasjkdndsldlslslsls

my bad

matreid
Originally posted by Captain REX
Somehow, I think this thread needs to die.

None of those EU characters would go into a video game for Revenge of the Sith. They wouldn't bother...

I sure hope they never add any of those EU characters to any game to do with the movies.

matreid
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
jhdkfabnjkdfnasjkdndsldlslslsls

my bad

eer

JKozzy

I've played ROTS, and to be honest, out of all the moves, you don't need the parry system, you can quick attack the whole game and get away with it, and most of the game can be done with pretty simple button bashing. They went to all the bother of making all those animations, getting Nick Gillard and Hayden to help them out, and forgot to implement them on a tactile level. The moves are there, but totally redundant. Jedi Knight, especially against skilled players, requires use of every single move to be effective.

The key issue is this:

Take a skilled player in Jedi Knight - he/she will ALWAYS waste a n00b, because the combat system is skill intensive.

Take a skilled player in ROTS - he/she can lose to a n00b very easily via simple button bashing.

ROTS looks more like a duel, but Jedi Knight certainly feels more like one. *bows head* Amen.

stormtrooper
Hi, have anybody played Lego Star Wars?I l like that game, and the parts I like the most are the ROTS levels.

AmrothSkywalker

The key issue is this:

ROTS looks more like a duel, but Jedi Knight certainly feels more like one.

THe noob concept is true in ROTS but not in JKJA. It takes way more strategy and tactics than in JKJA because I've played it with people from around the world online and gotten owned by them and i've owned them in return just swinging and flailing and whoever gets the most random slashes in wins. What is a lightsaber fight if you can't block!!!!! You can't button mash in ROTS if you're a noob and win if you're playing some one good! trust me when I first played it with my friends who had it and I didn't know the tactics I got owned. Then I got the game learned the strategy and can beat them now and not by button mashing, if you don't block in story you can do it yes but if you don't block in duels and win I don't know what game you've been playing but if you don't block in ROTS in a duel you WILL get owned even by a noob. Go ahead take the next flight to my house and we'll do a series of duels in each game and the better player will arise in ROTS but the luckier will win in JKJA unless your like top ranked in the world. Overall single player in JKJA is better but dueling is better in ROTS.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
I've played it with people from around the world online and gotten owned by them and i've owned them in return just swinging and flailing and whoever gets the most random slashes in wins.

I'm sorry but you have been playing against some really crap players.

Good players understand the nuances with the system, ROTS doesn't even come close. It may look good but it feels so detached from what you are actually doing with the controller.

peejay88
I've played both Jedi Academy and ROTS. I think really, they are both very different games. Revenge of the sith reminds me very much of a side-scrolling game, (like Jedi Power Battles) or the LOTR: Return of the King game. You don't really need much skill to win duels either, you can pretty much just use the same pattern of moves in different duels and win every time. This maybe as a result of poor A.I. i dont know? Another problem is the fact that you can get your butt kicked by just getting force powers used on you repetetively and you can't even push out of them (unlike JA and JO). Jedi Academy is more free and skillful, you can also do more than a handful of moves and you need to have a strong grasp of the controls and the game system. As for multiplayer on ROTS,I think they could have added all the characters from the duels in the movies, e.g Luke (Bespin and ROTJ clothes n sabers), maybe a change costume function could have been used, Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan from AOTC and TPM as well as Anakin from AOTC, maybe even sidious! Along with these characters they could have included maps of the locations of the duels, e.g Bespin (ESB), Emperors throne room (ROTJ), and the theed and Geonosis hangars. This wouldn't have taken much room up on the disk and would have been great for players and Star Wars fans, imagine being Luke with his specific saberstyle duelling Vader in Bespin, how cool would that be?! Happy Dance

jerlark386
ROTS is a button mashing game. In fact you can get through most fights with just one button. All you have to do is wait for the computer to do something stupid, and it will eventually. Dooku fight was the only thing remotely challenging. For a while I thought my character could'nt die or something.

But atleast this is better than this one star wars fighting game I'm thinking about. Man it sucked so bad, I think I blocked the title from my memory. You know the one where you could play as chewbacca. Terrible.

I think there should be a Star Wars halo mod. I can see it now. Instead of energy swords, lightsabers. Grenades replace with thermal detonators or the seismic discharges. Some cannons. Maybe even a portable DeathStar. lol

ragesRemorse
how the hell did people actually enjoy jedi academy? It was one of the worst star wars games. The controlls were god awfull. Especially for the vehicles. The vehicles controlled you. The story was the most feeble out of all of the star wars games. Not to mention the plethora of glitches and bugs that plagued the game. I cant even remember how many times i would just fall through the game. Or i would find myself walking up mountains at hoth. Other times my speeder would get cought going in constant circles. The worst was getting stuck in walls. Those god damn outcast and academy games feel like i am playing a paper character. True, Rots was a straight forward game, but i think star wars games can use more simplicity, atleast if lucas industries isnt going to take the time to finish there god damn games.

DenKi
i was playing abit of Episode 3 Game on VS yesterday with afew mates, its a good game but it needs more Multplayer Charaters, i didnt know why they didnt inclusde Yoda in Multiplayer? they could of easily added him becos u can play him in bonus missions.

I think they should still make a Starwars fighting game, with loads of charaters and styles.

AmrothSkywalker
Okay half of your opinions are biast because half of you are JA fans like superfly and yes story is bad in ROTS but The dueling as I said is better I dare you try and beat me using one button peejay in a duel and what are you talking about u can't get out of force powers, ever heard of the block button? I love both of the games and still play them both but man one thing i really hate is that there is no way to stop force lightning therefore you get owned by it. both games take strategy but if you could do online play in ROTS it would be better but overall
Story play: JA
Graphics:ROTS
Online Multiplayer:JA
Offline Multi: ROTS
Replay value JA

peejay88
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
Okay half of your opinions are biast because half of you are JA fans like superfly and yes story is bad in ROTS but The dueling as I said is better I dare you try and beat me using one button peejay in a duel and what are you talking about u can't get out of force powers, ever heard of the block button? I love both of the games and still play them both but man one thing i really hate is that there is no way to stop force lightning therefore you get owned by it. both games take strategy but if you could do online play in ROTS it would be better but overall
Story play: JA
Graphics:ROTS
Online Multiplayer:JA
Offline Multi: ROTS
Replay value JA

LMAO, easy to throw down the gauntlet to some nameless and faceless person, miles away. I didnt say i could win with just one button anyway! I said you can use the same strategies and button combos in the same order and beat any one NPC. And doesnt force lightning count as a force power anymore? I was mainly referring to lightning anyway, when i said you cant push out of force powers, Because you can push out of lightning on JA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.