movie on line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

designer_60504
I just read on yahoo that Episode 2 is being traded over the internet right now. Someone snuck in a camera somewhere. anyone have any news on this or where to find it???

TeCk-IcE
I think there was someone on this message board that was going to see it...hmmz...

Emperor Helmet
It'll be loading on his 56k until about a week after the premiere.

designer_60504
but I have a t1 line and want to find where i can get a downloaded copy

Dexx
i told u i'm not downloading it...................Besides Helmet. What are u sayin' . U don't belive there's piratery?

ToMacco
Can't you wait for a couple more days?

Have some dignity, for God's sake. rolling on floor laughing

Dexx
i'll see it at the cinema too but i'm also planning on having it ...so why not now.
I didn't plan such a large debate. Why do i need to proove something here?

designer_60504
So did you find it out there somewhere? Where can I find it? I want to burn a DVD today and watch it tonight!!!

ToMacco
Yeah, I just read that thread.

I beleive you can get it. Why would you lie about it? More power to ya if you can see it before us. I wish I could.

Emperor Helmet
Try IRC. Cough, cough

CyberFelon
Btw, when trying off KaZaA, make sure u take note of the length of part 1 and part 2. I knew it was gonna be fake coz the total length would be only 1:30:00 which wasn't enough. It turned out to be showtime, so i was right. I'm on cable and haven't downloaded much lately so i though 'what the hell'. big grin

peluffo
I find that nobody here has a clue about the power of codecs to compress a movie file.

Try to learn something about DivX codec, or mpeg, and then you can have some idea about how much a movie can be compressed.

If somebody wants to learn something, i'm pretty experienced on that field, but don't want to bother here with technical stuff. Contact me and I can show you some examples.

yerssot
one thing: no links to sites that offer the movie or a tool to get the movie.
This is illegal, and if LFL visits these boards (like they do with other big sites about SW) they'll close it (like they took the scriptment offline)

finti
well aint you the know it all wiz peluffo. roll eyes (sarcastic) we have some experience ourself and the thing I saw at WinMx sucked.
And you try to download from a 56 k and tell us how long it takes.

yerssot
what sucked? the movie or the program?

finti
the entire stuff sucked, someone i know who are really computer wizards, downloaded from Winmx but the copy they got was extremly bad. I watched a couple of minutes before I had it. Aint gonna ruin the film on a shitty copy.

sand person no. 10
surely watching a small screen pales into nothing when compared with the power of watching it in a cinema, eating nachos, supping a beer. hmmm movie snax!!!!

peluffo
This is correct. The movie is FAR better experienced on the Theatre. But the naked true is that piracy do exist, and they DO bootleg movies, and put them on the WorldWideWeb.

BTW finti, sorry, I am not a "know all guy", but really read some posts where SEEMS to show that nobody has the idea. Sorry if I was arrogant. My mood doesn't was the nicest that day.. sad

yerssot
Ow... okay ...

*hides questionpaper "How will Ep III be, peluffo"*

peluffo
just a hint: COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL wink

yerssot
big grin

Hey,... I have a nice spoiler, that's worth absolutely nothing: Jango will have cuts on his cheek and above his eye big grin

ToMacco
no.10: they serve beer at your theater?

yerssot
not in your theater To???

ToMacco
No, they don't.

You guys can drink beer at the theater? Lucky bastards. We have to sneak them in.

yerssot
laughing out loud

we can get as drunk as we want!

ToMacco
Doens't seem like a very good idea.

Sure, I'd be nice. But I'd hate to deal with some drunken ass who won't sit down and shut up during the movie.

yerssot
we are all silent during a movie

ToMacco
That's because you go to bad movies, and everyone is sleeping.

yerssot
embarrasment you insulted SW!

ToMacco
You havn't gone to Star Wars yet. Or have you????? eek!

yerssot
heck, I'm an actor, it's my job to be in that movie!

Bantha Fodder
C'mon, somebody throw me a bone! How about a link? Where can I find AOTC online? I'm going to see it at the theater anyways, so it's not like Lucas is going to make any less money from me.

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) realize, Fodder, that you are not the only person who is anxious to see the movie.....besides there are some people who would just see the movie free online and then not bother to go to the movies....so that would cause GL to loose money(from a certain POV) wink

LanceWindu
Anyway's it's illegal to advertise thouse links anywhere on this site.

Lucasfilm checks with all of the big sites. And I can safely say this place is getting huge.

Julie
good point...I wouldn't want to promote something like that anyway.

Bantha Fodder
Yes and of course, Lucas cannot afford to lose even a dime on his new movie/merchandise juggernaut!

Seriously, I would think that MORE people would see AOTC in theaters if they were able to download it for free. It's the sort of movie that NEEDS a large theater to really shine, and the free download would serve as a sort of advertisement for the theater experience.

Private mail me if you don't want to divulge the addy out in the open, but please, someone hook me up with this movie download! I'm very, very excited to see AOTC and I promise I won't tell anyone or share the movie with anyone, I'm just going to watch it myself and then to see it at the theater several times.

Thank you very, very much!

Julie
Sorry, Fodder, but I don't know the links.....anyway there will be plenty of spoilers around after the 16th..so what are you worried about.....the movie experience will be great for you if you haven't seen everything smile

yerssot
The links aren't difficult if you search for them, but remember that posting them is assisting others to do illegal actions

Emperor Helmet
That would never happen and you know it.

Dim
You never know..probably happens in a few cases of people who have friends who give them the online version and they see enough of it that way to not bother going to the actual film.

Emperor Helmet
It would never happen.

Emperor Helmet
How many is a few? Because if it isn't a million it won't make any difference.

Dim
roll eyes (sarcastic) The point is that some people won't see it because of those crap online bootlegs..it doesn't matter how many.

Emperor Helmet
Have you heard of anyone who isn't seeing it because of the bootlegs? Until you do there aren't any.

Dim
Helmet...*sigh* shut up.

Emperor Helmet
How can you make statements when there isn't even 1 person who said they wouldn't see the film because of them. At least have facts to prove your accusation. As a matter of fact you don't even know 1 person who saw the bootleg, let alone know a poerson who has said they aren't seeing it because of the bootleg.

If Lucas cared, they wouldn't exist.

Dim
I don't need someone to show up and post on this board that they've seen the bootleg and won't be seeing the film..if fact I don't see why someone would waste their time to come on and post that if they weren't a fan anyway.. It's not something that has to be proven..it's just likely that it's one of those scenerios that happens in the world...and we don't have to play "The World According to Helmet".

finti
my friends seen the bootleg version and wont go to the teather to see it. They did the same with TPM, they aint no huge SW fans, I saw just a couple of min before I left

Emperor Helmet
By the way all sites that have the bootleg have been shut down, since Lucasfilm has threatened legal action.

So much for your theories of The movie profits going down.

peluffo
GL wins anyway. He will do a lot of money with the official movie, or with the legal actions he will take

Ushgarak
I've gotten a little lost here...

... but in my experience the sort of person who sees it on bootleg and then doesn't go to the cinema is a person who would not have seen it at the cinema anyway.

So it's not a matter of lost revenue, just people getting something they do not deserve.

Dexx
Why would anyone concern about this movies proffits? Actually...i can't remember one movie that was so expected as this one in all my 15 summers. ( by the way...is it summer yet? big grin )
All the small piratery moving...it's like throwing rocks in a 747.
The film will most certainly get its well diserved proffits.
big grin big grin big grin it's the will of the force big grin big grin big grin

Emperor Helmet
I agree with both of you. These bootlegs will in no way affect what AOTC does at the Box Office. It is going to be huge.

It is that good.

Dexx
yup...very good. I agree with u agreeing.
This agreeing is improoving the atmosphere. smile

yerssot
I disagree with that big grin

anywayz... I don't mind SW on a your local harddrive, but only AFTER you've seen the movie (and payed for your ticket ofcourse)

Emperor Helmet
That would be fine with me. As long as you buy the DVD and a movie ticket.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.