Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Ill give it to Marvel.

Solidus Snake
darkseid teleports them all to the centre of a sun or the firepits of apokalips. the fight is over before it starts.

only gladiator would be able to come back from that. so he uses his omega beams on him to capture his soul as he did to cyborg in superman/doomsday 2 (hunter killer)

supremthor
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
darkseid teleports them all to the centre of a sun or the firepits of apokalips. the fight is over before it starts.

only gladiator would be able to come back from that. so he uses his omega beams on him to capture his soul as he did to cyborg in superman/doomsday 2 (hunter killer)
true

Dark Thor
ok what if he cant teleport?

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Dark Thor
ok what if he cant teleport?

then, it wouldnt be darkseid. it would thanos with a soul gem (HAW!!!)

kgkg
Gladiator takes care of Darksied easily.

He has trouble with supes speed, Gladiator who moves much faster , and is more powerful will break his bones.

Thor - defeats current Doomsday easily

Hulk- takes out Grudy.

kgkg
Draksied has lost all my respect.

He is a sissy these days.

In recent supes comics darkie and his buddies came to fight superman, but supes kicked all there ass

Khellendros
Bah, if this was old-school Darkseid, I'd say the Marvel team was utterly without hope. This being the current punked-by-supes-on-a-regular-basis DS, I think Marvel still loses, but not before Mjolnir gets wedged into Darkseid's forehead.

yahman
OK Hulk will have Solomon Grundy. From what I've heard he is no where near as powerful as he is in the cartoon (I know its lame that i occasionally watch cartoons)

Gladiator vs Doomsday. Everyone is suggesting that Glads will take this. I don't think so. What proof is there to suggest that Glads is anywhere near as durable as Superman.

Thor (Classic) Vs Darksied. Darksied's stronger, Thor has a greater arrange of powers, Speed is a pretty even department, (Most will agree that both have some form of Super speed although neither have been clocked.), Thor's durability is at a level where he can survive anything short of a direct nuclear blast. Where as Darksieds is probably on the level of Supes E.g surviving nukes with difficulty. Thor has his God Force but Darksied has the Omega effect. Its a close one but i honestly believe Darksied takes it.

King Thor's a different matter

It then becomes Darkseid and Doomsday vs The hulk

Sorry Bruce you're out of luck

Cosmic Cube
Counting out Gladiator rather quickly, eh? He's easily as durable as Superman is, and he's faster than Superman, too. Gladiator can fly through a star with no adverse effect. Considering the fact that he doesn't absorb sunlight like Superman does, I'd say that taking on the heat and gravity of a star puts him at Superman's level of durability or higher.

I would put Hulk against Doomsday. Hulk's stronger, and more durable than Doomsday.

The Omega Effect would get blocked. Thor would own Darkseid as just about as easily as Superman does.

yahman
Sweet. my first proper debate
I'm so proud

Deep Breathe

OK apparently him flying into a Star, was only stated by Glads to make himself more confident in the fight with colossus. Apparently Colossus didn't do to badly in the fight and he is no near capable of replicating the forces felt within the heart of a Star. I will hand it to you that Reed Richards once suggested that Glads was capable of surviving an explosion that could take out a solar system.

Glads has never been shown to be on that level since (E.g. being hurt against Cannonball, Thor, Hulk, Hyperion and that Supreme Dude.) You could hand that down to lack of confidence. If that is the case I'm sure that a rampaging Doomsday destroying entire cities will make Glads think twice about his confidence.

Hulk against Doomsday is a better fight but it probably wont last that long.
AS Doom once put it
'Sometimes the Hulk doesn't get strong enough quickly enough'
Or something like that. That was about Thing who had had his strength enhanced to probably Doomsday levels. He knocked him out in a very short space of time and I'm sure Doomsday could do the same.

I suppose you're talking Moljnir blocking The omega effect. It has been shown that with a sufficient force you can destroy the uru metal that makes Thor's hammer. I believe the Omega effect is well capable of this.

whirlysplat
Read Darkseids comment about Supes, You have "grown" strong he is not the post crisis Supes you knowbig grin

Khellendros
Ya know, come to think of it, there's one big advantage Marvel team has over DC: flight. If Thor can transport Doomsday to some other dimension quickly enough, that would leave he and Glads to take on Darkseid and Hulk to work on Grundy. Considering Darkseid is so friggin unimpressive lately, the Marvel team has a decent chance if they fight smart.

Khellendros
Oh, and here's Gladiator swimming through a sun.
http://img258.echo.cx/my.php?image=gladstar3vr.jpg

leonidas
hulk will have grundy?? i don't know about the cartoon, but grundy IS enormously powerful. the thing took on the entire jsa! not to mention has handled dr fate, and supes as well. hulk could get stronger, but grundy likely starts out MUCH stronger than hulk. best hulk could do is hold on, and i think he would, but it would NOT be an easy, or fast fight.

doomsday v glads would be interesting. depends on which doomsday, of course. the one from hunter/prey was pretty much unbeatable. supes + apokalips tech STILL got his ass beat down. i guess glads could try to fly him off planet or something just to get rid of him, but i don't think he'd want to get that close to something that so easily broke supe's arm. even the first dd would give glads a sound beating but glads might be able to pull off a win against that one. maybe, but agian, it would not be anywhere CLOSE to easy.

thor v darkseid - darkseid has sucked lately (but, apparently, supes HAS been undergoing something of an unspoken power-up of lately, so that might explain it.) i'd give this one to thor in a good fight. sg, stronger though he is at the start, couldn't put hulk down fast enough, which mean if glads lasts long enough against dd it would end up being thor, glads and hulk v dd and sg. STILL wouldn't be easy, but marvel would end up taking it, i think - just.

Dark Thor
i agree solomon grundy is powerful

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonidas
hulk will have grundy?? i don't know about the cartoon, but grundy IS enormously powerful. the thing took on the entire jsa! not to mention has handled dr fate, and supes as well. hulk could get stronger, but grundy likely starts out MUCH stronger than hulk. best hulk could do is hold on, and i think he would, but it would NOT be an easy, or fast fight.

doomsday v glads would be interesting. depends on which doomsday, of course. the one from hunter/prey was pretty much unbeatable. supes + apokalips tech STILL got his ass beat down. i guess glads could try to fly him off planet or something just to get rid of him, but i don't think he'd want to get that close to something that so easily broke supe's arm. even the first dd would give glads a sound beating but glads might be able to pull off a win against that one. maybe, but agian, it would not be anywhere CLOSE to easy.

thor v darkseid - darkseid has sucked lately (but, apparently, supes HAS been undergoing something of an unspoken power-up of lately, so that might explain it.) i'd give this one to thor in a good fight. sg, stronger though he is at the start, couldn't put hulk down fast enough, which mean if glads lasts long enough against dd it would end up being thor, glads and hulk v dd and sg. STILL wouldn't be easy, but marvel would end up taking it, i think - just.

Every big guy with the same abilities as the Hulk gives the entire JLA problems. The Shaggy Man, The General, Doomsday, and Grundy are just a few. Most of it occurs in plot induced stupidity. The entire JLA turns into a group of idiots when strongmen come around. Given the same circumstances, Hulk would cause just as much of a problem as any other muscle-head who takes on the JLA. Gauging Hulk's best strength achievements, (even while calm,) Hulk is, in the least, Grundy's equal in strength.

whirlysplat
Shaggy man is more than the hulk, trust me big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Shaggy man is more than the hulk, trust me big grin

Hulk is stronger. It is true Shaggy Man can't be defeated or knocked out by any means, but when enraged, Hulk is easily as durable and as difficult to defeat as the Shaggy Man is.

Khellendros
Sometimes. Other times, he gets punked with ease liek a calss 40 loser. Grundy's power fluctuates wildly between his appearance, so it's a tossup. In general, I'd give Hulk the win though, because he's pretty consistently written as a horror in a brawl.

Unless told otherwise, I always assume it's the Doomsday from near the end of Death of Superman. Glads may not be springtime fresh afterwards, but he is taking DD down.

kgkg

laughing

kgkg
100 light speed nuff said , he will be throwing planets at these fools

people need to read the forum rules.

kgkg
thor v darkseid - darkseid has sucked lately (but, apparently, supes HAS been undergoing something of an unspoken power-up of lately, so that might explain it.)

from fanboys? for sure

there is new term in thow mad superman for that.

leonidas
<<from fanboys? for sure
there is new term in thow mad superman for that.>>

???

<<100 light speed nuff said , he will be throwing planets at these fools>>

we've been over this so many times i can't believe you still use it!! LOL! he might do that in space, but he has NEVER used that kind of speed in a battle!! he has never done what supe's has done, (ie made someone look stupid just trying to HIT him!) and dd is faster than supes!! (he was in hunter/prey, at least.) and throwing planets?? ROTFL!! he toppled a skyscraper - when the hell has he ever thrown a planet!? he may have split a planet, but that is way different. the hunter/prey dd was WAAAYYYYY stronger than supes. IF glads is stronger than supes (which i seriously doubt, because i seriously doubt he is stronger than thor - and beta ray bill has also smashed a planet to rubble with one blow, so thor could do the same) he is not so much stronger that he would be as strong as dd. his durability might likewise be similar to supes, so if dd could break supes' arm, he could sure as hell break glads.

i've said it before - his 100x FTL did NOTHING against hulk or thor, and didn't do much to help him when he had a very close fight with old-school colossus. i can't tell if you constantly overestimate glads, OR if you underestimate everyone else.

(by the way, i read back on some of that supes v glad thread and even YOU were saying supes would be one HELL of a fight for glads and could beat him!! if you think supes could, the dd from hunter/prey would slaughter glads, like it did an enhanced supes!)

c'mon, kg, seriously, i don't know why you can't see this. when i see glads total some heavy hitter one on one, (he's had MANY chances) and clearly demonstrate his speed in battle and his strength, THEN i'll acknowledge everything you've said about him on this forum. until then, glads is just so much hype.

kgkg
<<from fanboys? for sure
there is new term in thow mad superman for that.>>

???

<<100 light speed nuff said , he will be throwing planets at these fools>>

we've been over this so many times i can't believe you still use it!! LOL! he might do that in space, but he has NEVER used that kind of speed in a battle!! he has never done what supe's has done, (ie made someone look stupid just trying to HIT him!) and dd is faster than supes!! (he was in hunter/prey, at least.) and throwing planets?? ROTFL!! he toppled a skyscraper - when the hell has he ever thrown a planet!? he may have split a planet, but that is way different. the hunter/prey dd was WAAAYYYYY stronger than supes. IF glads is stronger than supes (which i seriously doubt, because i seriously doubt he is stronger than thor - and beta ray bill has also smashed a planet to rubble with one blow, so thor could do the same) he is not so much stronger that he would be as strong as dd. his durability might likewise be similar to supes, so if dd could break supes' arm, he could sure as hell break glads.

i've said it before - his 100x FTL did NOTHING against hulk or thor, and didn't do much to help him when he had a very close fight with old-school colossus. i can't tell if you constantly overestimate glads, OR if you underestimate everyone else.

(by the way, i read back on some of that supes v glad thread and even YOU were saying supes would be one HELL of a fight for glads and could beat him!! if you think supes could, the dd from hunter/prey would slaughter glads, like it did an enhanced supes!)

c'mon, kg, seriously, i don't know why you can't see this. when i see glads total some heavy hitter one on one, (he's had MANY chances) and clearly demonstrate his speed in battle and his strength, THEN i'll acknowledge everything you've said about him on this forum. until then, glads is just so much hype.

He doesn't mean he can't he has done it all that matter ( am following forum rules)

Space that's where Gladiator rules, he will be tossing planets at these fools

Why not he can do it, his speed is beyond 100X light speed, and you haven’t seen many examples because Gladiator is only in few comics.

What superman can do he can do much better.

He can even see through matter etc, basically an intergalactic clone of superman

It’s funny when it comes to flash , superman etc people start saying he will K.o him in nano second but when it comes to gladiator they ignore it.

He moves that fast , did you not see the fight with masterson , he knock thor , and went behind him using speed , he grabbed hulk to space in moments again he will need isane speed , to catch hulk , and bring him to space before hulk even realized anything.

Now thing logically someone who can bring hulk near space without him realizing, he could have just thrown him to space.

Gladiator wins

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg
He doesn't mean he can't he has done it all that matter ( am following forum rules)

Space that's where Gladiator rules, he will be tossing planets at these fools

Why not he can do it, his speed is beyond 100X light speed, and you haven’t seen many examples because Gladiator is only in few comics.

What superman can do he can do much better.

He can even see through matter etc, basically an intergalactic clone of superman

It’s funny when it comes to flash , superman etc people start saying he will K.o him in nano second but when it comes to gladiator they ignore it.

He moves that fast , did you not see the fight with masterson , he knock thor , and went behind him using speed , he grabbed hulk to space in moments again he will need isane speed , to catch hulk , and bring him to space before hulk even realized anything.

Now thing logically someone who can bring hulk near space without him realizing, he could have just thrown him to space.

Gladiator wins The funny thing is you bring up stuff Gladiator did when Pre-Crisis Superman was still kicking @ss. laughing

Do you have anymore example of this 100x light speed other than the one where he is pushed by a huge explosion.

Cosmic Cube
Leonidas, exactly how strong do you believe Superman to be?

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The funny thing is you bring up stuff Gladiator did when Pre-Crisis Superman was still kicking @ss. laughing

Do you have anymore example of this 100x light speed other than the one where he is pushed by a huge explosion.
Push lol he survived that.

How can explosion push you, and at 100 light speed ? laughing

Must faster than supes who is faster than all those villans

Look at the caption when he fights thor

Like I said Gladiator tosses planets at them, if he wants

snoopdogg
Push lol he survived that.

How can explosion push you, and at 100 light speed ? laughing

Must faster than supes who is faster than all those villans

Look at the caption when he fights thor

Like I said Gladiator tosses planets at them, if he wants Gladiator is a joke kgkg. Accept the facts dude.

He is not even original just like Queersar.

kgkg
Gladiator is a joke kgkg. Accept the facts dude.

Now you are mad, because he does all the things pre crisis used do.

It’s aright buddy, be happy, and live with the fact superman can't go light speed.

He might be a rip off so what

Cosmic Cube
Gladiator is a joke kgkg. Accept the facts dude.

Honestly, are you good at anything other than bashing?

Well, I must admit, you are pretty good at posting scans. Though you're not better than kgkg. wink

snoopdogg
Now you are mad, because he does all the things pre crisis used do.

It’s aright buddy, be happy, and live with the fact superman can't go light speed.

He might be a rip off so what I just think its kinda stupid to bring up stuff Gladiator did when PC Superman was still the man.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Honestly, are you good at anything other than bashing?

Well, I must admit, you are pretty good at posting scans. Though you're not better than kgkg. wink Bashing?

Please explain.

snoopdogg

Well, I must admit, you are pretty good at posting scans. Though you're not better than kgkg. wink That sounds like a challange.

Cosmic Cube
I just think its kinda stupid to bring up stuff Gladiator did when PC Superman was still the man.

Yeah. 'Cept Gladiator never got a noticable retcon. wink

Rip-off, shmip-off. Hulk is just a green Solomon Grundy. At first, he was the same color as Grundy. Doesn't mean he wouldn't whup him in a fight. big grin

Cosmic Cube
That sounds like a challange.

Cue, music.

Cosmic Cube
Bashing?

Please explain.

Queersar? I mean, how low can you go?

snoopdogg
Cue, music. kgkg probably surfs the internet for his scans. Mine are all origianal.

snoopdogg
Queersar? I mean, how low can you go? Huh?

Cosmic Cube
kgkg probably surfs the internet for his scans. Mine are all origianal.

I can tell.

Huh?

Do you know the definition of the word bashing? I don't know if you realize you are, but you do it in every other post.

leonidas
<<Leonidas, exactly how strong do you believe Superman to be?>>

i think you asked me this before. the answer then was 'a little' stronger than thor. not very quantifiable, i know, but enough where if he fought thor without his hammer, he'd likely win 8/10 in a pure slugfest ie - without heat vision or speed. some of that is because i think he is more durable as well. again, i go back to thor's fight w/o hammer v hulk and hulk damn near KILLED him and, as i said, it didn't take long.

and kg - you never answered my question - where did thor ko savage hulk? cube, do you know the book kg's referencing? honestly, i would like to know.

and kg, glads''s is NOT tossing planets at anyone!! nor is he as tough as pre-c supes. (at least not when pre-c was written well) in a treasury x-over that i will not take out to scan, savage hulk POUNDS and POUNDS at supes who just . . . stands there! supes says if he doesn't want to be moved NOTHING can move him. we never know if hulk WOULD have succeeded because the fight is interrupted, but we all know hulk did considerably more than 'move' glads. AND that wasn't savage hulk. AND he carried hulk into space quick, yes, but had he been moving 100x FTL they'd have been near SATURN instead of near the upper atmosphere! (for all the good THAT did glads . . . and you somehow think dd couldn't do AT LEAST that much?? seriously, i'm afraid you're losing it on me, man . . .)

snoopdogg

Do you know the definition of the word bashing? I don't know if you realize you are, but you do it in every other post. Thats how sh!t goes down where I come from

kgkg

i think you asked me this before. the answer then was 'a little' stronger than thor. not very quantifiable, i know, but enough where if he fought thor without his hammer, he'd likely win 8/10 in a pure slugfest ie - without heat vision or speed. some of that is because i think he is more durable as well. again, i go back to thor's fight w/o hammer v hulk and hulk damn near KILLED him and, as i said, it didn't take long.

and kg - you never answered my question - where did thor ko savage hulk? cube, do you know the book kg's referencing? honestly, i would like to know.

and kg, glads''s is NOT tossing planets at anyone!! nor is he as tough as pre-c supes. (at least not when pre-c was written well) in a treasury x-over that i will not take out to scan, savage hulk POUNDS and POUNDS at supes who just . . . stands there! supes says if he doesn't want to be moved NOTHING can move him. we never know if hulk WOULD have succeeded because the fight is interrupted, but we all know hulk did considerably more than 'move' glads. AND that wasn't savage hulk. AND he carried hulk into space quick, yes, but had he been moving 100x FTL they'd have been near SATURN instead of near the upper atmosphere! (for all the good THAT did glads . . . and you somehow think dd couldn't do AT LEAST that much?? seriously, i'm afraid you're losing it on me, man . . .)
read the other thread

leonidas
hulk's a green grundy? you think that's true? not bashing, just curious. i know grundy was around first, but i'd never heard of hulk being labelled a rip-off. i DO think hulk and grundy would be a great battle. isn't grundy immortal and able to tap a limitless source of energy? i think that would be an epic battle.

oh, and sure glads is a knock off. that's not why i don't like him. i don't like him because his weakness is just plain idiotic (he lacks 'confidence'?? wtf?), he boasts (seriously, not like herc does) about everything but has done little, AND he is usually written inconsistently as hell.

i think glads would last long enough against dd in this fight for thor to beat dasrkseid (though it pains me to admit that because i've always been a big darkseid fan) then help him. glads AND thor should be able to take dd (though it wouldn't be easy - a weaker dd wiped out the jla very easily) or remove him long enough for all 3 to beat grundy then all 3 could work on dd and certainly beat him.

kgkg
kgkg probably surfs the internet for his scans. Mine are all origianal.
I surf, no man I have 100 supes comics.

I even have the fight between Polaris vs superman one smile pretty good

big grin

Cosmic Cube
Thats how sh!t goes down where I come from

Well, this is a forum with rules. We'd all appreciate it if you respected them.

snoopdogg
I surf, no man I have 100 supes comics.

I even have the fight between Polaris vs superman one smile pretty good

big grin I have over 700 Supes comics.

kgkg
hulk's a green grundy? you think that's true? not bashing, just curious. i know grundy was around first, but i'd never heard of hulk being labelled a rip-off. i DO think hulk and grundy would be a great battle. isn't grundy immortal and able to tap a limitless source of energy? i think that would be an epic battle.

oh, and sure glads is a knock off. that's not why i don't like him. i don't like him because his weakness is just plain idiotic (he lacks 'confidence'?? wtf?), he boasts (seriously, not like herc does) about everything but has done little, AND he is usually written inconsistently as hell.

i think glads would last long enough against dd in this fight for thor to beat dasrkseid (though it pains me to admit that because i've always been a big darkseid fan) then help him. glads AND thor should be able to take dd (though it wouldn't be easy - a weaker dd wiped out the jla very easily) or remove him long enough for all 3 to beat grundy then all 3 could work on dd and certainly beat him.
DD is a son of a *****; it seems he is not fast anymore sad

Or was he ever?

Gladiator rules these fools by tossing planets smile

darksied is a big sissy , leo did you see when him and his buddy came to earth ? lol

grundy ---- is hulk without getting stonger and stonger

kgkg
I have over 700 Supes comics.
then why were you saying beyond light speed?

leonidas
<<DD is a son of a *****; it seems he is not fast anymore
Or was he ever?
Gladiator rules these fools by tossing planets
darksied is a big sissy , leo did you see when him and his buddy came to earth ? lol
grundy ---- is hulk without getting stonger and stonger>>

hrm. i agree with everything here. well, except of course the planet tossing thing. and the dd I'M referencing is the hunter/prey dd. not sure wtf is happening to dd lately. maybe the latest storyline will tell more about him? his powers DO seem to have waned since his initial appearance, which appears exactly the OPPOSITE to what they SHOULD seem to do (evolving and getting stronger and all that . . ) and yes, darkseid has been reduced to a pussy plot device. alas, i cry for the lost days of pre-crisis . . .

snoopdogg
then why were you saying beyond light speed? Lets do some math here kgkg. In this pic Superman flies from the earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away. The speed of light would take about 9 minutes to get there.

According to you it would take Superman a couple days to get there at mach 50.

kgkg
Lets do some math here kgkg. In this pic Superman flies from the earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away. The speed of light would take about 9 minutes to get there.

How do you know he didn't rip space?

Here he claims himself he cannot

And he says he would rip space in other times.

Like I said superman can rip space, he has done it without going light speed.

But he cannot go light speed without ripping space ( fact)

snoopdogg

That makes no sense at all kgkg.

How do you explain that?

Cosmic Cube

Hulk's virtually immortal, and he draws energy from a pocket universe of infinite power. Their characters are strikingly similar, as well. One major difference: Hulk has an alter-ego. I smell rip-off.

Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.

Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,

Pre-crisis Superman was written well? confused

kgkg
That makes no sense at all kgkg.

How do you explain that?
It’s comic lol superman can spin really fast to create holes in space.

Read the race btw flash and supes , and the vortex one where he was struggle with speed you will see the theories behind light speed rite from supes own mouth.

snoopdogg
In this pic kgkd the Cannibal planet was eating the Sun and Causing Earth to freeze. Superman had to stop the global warming or the Earth and its populus would die. Earth to the Sun in no time.

Read the comic and get back to me son.

kgkg
Hulk's virtually immortal, and he draws energy from a pocket universe of infinite power. Their characters are strikingly similar, as well. One major difference: Hulk has an alter-ego. I smell rip-off.

Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.

Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,

Pre-crisis Superman was written well? confused
Black Adam was pre-crisis supes level

but no one is talking about pre crisis adam , or pre crisis hal jordan.

they say it's not real

Cosmic Cube
Lets do some math here kgkg. In this pic Superman flies from the earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away. The speed of light would take about 9 minutes to get there.

The sun is rather small in that picture. If they had arrived on the sun, it would have been much larger. I don't believe they are actually on the sun, or remotely close to it, simply by judging it's perspective size.

snoopdogg
The sun is rather small in that picture. If they had arrived on the sun, it would have been much larger. I don't believe they are actually on the sun, or remotely close to it, simply by judging it's perspective size. Look at the scan dude. They are flying right too it. You can even see them flying past the Moon.

Open your eyes. eek!

Cosmic Cube
Look at the scan dude. They are flying right too it. You can even see them flying past the Moon.

Open your eyes. eek!

Flying past the moon takes much less time than flying to the sun. My eyes are wide open. They are obviously closer to the sun than Earth is, but gauging the size of the sun in that picture, they can't be any closer than the relative distance of Venus.

snoopdogg
Flying past the moon takes much less time than flying to the sun. My eyes are wide open. They are obviously closer to the sun than Earth is, but gauging the size of the sun in that picture, they can't be any closer than the relative distance of Venus. Look closer. The third panel shows them flying right up to it. And in one panel you can see a yellow glow around Superman.

What do you suppose that yellow glow is?

Cosmic Cube
Look closer. The third panel shows them flying right up to it. And in one panel you can see a yellow glow around Superman.

What do you suppose that yellow glow is?

Does it matter? They may be flying towards it, but obviously haven't reached the sun.

Ok, I'll bite. roll eyes (sarcastic) What is the yellow glow around Superman?

snoopdogg
Does it matter? They obviously haven't reached the sun. Well I won this one.

Lets move on to this pic.(The first one didnt come out).

Superman has to stop the Cannibal planet from eating the Sun and causing global warming on earth and has mere minutes to stop him.

Cosmic Cube
Of course you've won, in your mind. Regardless of what I think, your opinion is indisputable... in your mind.

The second picture is rather convincing. Thing is, I don't see Superman reaching the sun in the scan, or anything designating the period of time in which Superman makes this journey.

I haven't seen any evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that Superman is faster than light. I have, however, seen Superman state that he is not faster than light.

snoopdogg
Of course you've won, in your mind. Regardless of what I think, your opinion is indisputable... in your mind.

The second picture is rather convincing. Thing is, I don't see Superman reaching the sun in the scan, or anything designating the period of time in which Superman makes this journey.

I haven't seen any evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that Superman is faster than light. I have, however, seen Superman state that he is not faster than light. Well the he did reach the Sun casue thats where Cannibal plant was.

As far as the time goes it wasnt stated but the Earth was starting to freeze over and Superman had to fly to the Sun to deal with it.

kgkg did post a good scan but did not give a issue #. When he does that ill investigate it closer.

But as of right now there is evidence suggesting that Superman can very well fly FTL in space.

Cosmic Cube
Well the he did reach the Sun casue thats where Cannibal plant was.

As far as the time goes it wasnt stated but the Earth was starting to freeze over and Superman had to fly to the Sun to deal with it.

kgkg did post a good scan but did not give a issue #. When he does that ill investigate it closer.

But as of right now there is evidence suggesting that Superman can very well fly FTL in space.

Suggesting. I can agree with that. Evidence proving it has yet to be unearthed.

skizo
Superman blocked the omega effect with heat vision??? Wtf is that sh*t!?!!?!

snoopdogg
How do you know he didn't rip space?

And he says he would rip space in other times.

But he cannot go light speed without ripping space ( fact) Why does he rip space and nobody else does it?

leonidas
<<Superman blocked the omega effect with heat vision??? Wtf is that sh*t!?!!?!>>

yep. i feel your pain.

<<Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.>>

i will try over the next little while. i'm gonna have to make a run to my brother's house to get the rest of my books and i'll see what i can find. for now, it's simply an opinion, backed up by disputable facts. i'll see if i can find something that might be more convincing. probably will be tough though to find INDISPUTABLE proof, though - for either one.

<<Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,>>

i agree. their durability is likely very close. i said i don't think glads is BEYOND supes - or if it is, the difference is negligible (sp??) my point was anything capable of breaking supes arm so easily, could also break glads' arm.

<<Pre-crisis Superman was written well?>>

there were rare occasions . . . the end of crisis was a great one, where he went one on one with anti-monitor for a prolonged time! but there were many others.

and kg, black adam was also magical and equal to cm who has typically been shown to be near supe level. and magic bothered pre-c supes more than the current supes. NO ONE was equal to pre-c supes consistently though. he did ridiculously stupid things - was literally capable of nearly ANY feat. he was also capable of losing to a number of silly foes because to have him win all the time would be useless. you've got to know this is true. glads is about the level of current supes - pre-c supes was, at times, waaayyyyy beyond both.

leonidas
<<Why does he rip space and nobody else does it?>>

that's a great question, snoop. i've been wondering about that. who else is FTL in dc, besides flash with speed force? can ANYONE in dc go FTL?

jrodslam
that's a great question, snoop. i've been wondering about that. who else is FTL in dc, besides flash with speed force? can ANYONE in dc go FTL?

HAL CAN!!!! Happy Dance

whirlysplat
Pre-crisis was often written well unless Captain Strong or Vartox were guest stars big grin

Supes blocks the omega affect as Heat Vision is a psionic manifestation of his power like Superboys tactile telekinesis, and like all Supes powers has been getting an upgrade recently big grin

Keep the faith

Stay Wh Wh Wh Whirly guys smile

supremthor
WHY IS THAT EVERY SINGEL BATTEL IN THIS FORUMS ALWAYS END UP INVOLVING SUPERMAN IS SOMEWAY? EVEN IF HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

leonidas
talk louder, i can't hear you. smile

and it's because supes has fought all these guys, and has had many x-overs so judging how supes has done against them helps compare how others might do against them.

and because supes rox!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.