Is Mace the one to blame for Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord DarqueLand
Hey Everyone. This Thread is going to be talking about the Prophecy about Anakin. I personally think it was Mace's fault for Anakin turning to the Dark Side. If he had given more trust to Anakin and sent him instead of Obi-Wan then
1. Sidious would be dead
2. Anakin wouldn't be a Sith.

Also the council should have made Anakin a Jedi Master.

Any comments?

darth-yoda
iv ever really thought about it but now i look at it i was mace windus fault and also then mace wouldnt of died so mace killed himself

starwarsfreak34
mace was right to keep anakin out of the palps confontation. it would have played right into palp's hands if mace brought anakin with him. it should have been more than enough for anakin to earn mace's trust, as it is something really hard to earn. who knows, anakin may have been made master for grassing on palps

Fishy

General Zodiac
Anakin shouldn't have been on the council let alone be given the rank of Jedi Master. I say he shouldn't have become a Jedi Knight for he is to reckless like ATOC with Dooku. If it was any other Jedi, Mace would have killed Sidious. It couldn't have been helped. Anakin was going to do anything to save Padme'.

Clawed The Bum
i think it is jar jar binks fault becuase he is dumb. he is dumb.

matreid
This should be in the episode 3 forum base. Or, are you talking about all the movies in general? As Clawed The Bum said it was all Jar-Jar's fault. stick out tongue

Darth_Glentract
Its Padme's fault. He wanted to save her.

Fishy

Dresta
why isn't anakin an option on this poll it was his own fault

xxxpoppunker182
yes it IS anakins fault he turned

Darth Teeron
It was Jar Jar... hands down. Jar Jar had to give Palp that one thing where he could make the Clone Army. *nods*

Captain REX
I would blame Sidious. All his plan, after all.

Lord DarqueLand
After watching all the movies again...I still say that it was all MACE's fault

henniestevens
Sidious of course.

Darth Faunus
It was Sidious' manipulation and Anakin's own instability that caused his fall. You can't logically put the whole weight of Anakin's turn on Windu's shoulders. It was all circumstance. And although no single person can be blamed for it, Anakin's fall was due almost in full to Sidious. Not that hard to realize. . .

Atlantis001
It is his own fault that he was too weak to contain his own hatred.

Twilight Janick
In concordance to the Jedi Rules, then Anakin would be made a Master from the very instant he is inducted in it.

overlord
Anakin just wasn't a master, he couldn't control himself, getting mad because he didn't recieve this stupid title proves it. He should've praised to Allah that he was allowed in the council.

exanda kane
It was everybody's fault. No one is to blame specifically.

Ianus
Men make their own decisions. If Mace is to blame for Anakin being an evil bastard then the guy who rejected Hitler for the Austrian art school is responsible for Nazi Germany.

Tangible God
Lol

I think God said something along those lines to Moses.

overlord
People seem to think Mace is good to blame for Anakin's fall, I for one see absolutely no logic in this..
Was it because Mace didn't recognize Anakin as a jedi master? Was it because Mace wanted to finish the biggest threat to the galaxy of that time?

What the hell is wrong with that? It was clear Anakin wasn't near to a jedi master in a longshot, even in the OT he is calmer than in the PT, Anakin his arrogance proved to be his downfall, this would have never happened to a true master.
It was just an ego thing for Anakin needing the title of master.

As for mace dealing with Sidious, there was no other option than to finish Sids. There is no capturing possible with a man who can release lightning from his fingers at will.

Council#13
ha ha ha ppl blame jar jar at the polls

CobbleR
Dude, it was Jabba's fault. He tried to kill Luke making Anakin go back in time, to turn to the dark side to try to save him because Palpatine told him that the dark side could. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue
In all seriousness, I think it was the council's fault. They should've ejected Anakin from the order ones he started getting too out of hand.

mace=badass
Originally posted by Lord DarqueLand
Hey Everyone. This Thread is going to be talking about the Prophecy about Anakin. I personally think it was Mace's fault for Anakin turning to the Dark Side. If he had given more trust to Anakin and sent him instead of Obi-Wan then
1. Sidious would be dead
2. Anakin wouldn't be a Sith.

Also the council should have made Anakin a Jedi Master.

Any comments?

If Anakin got sent instead of Obi-wan, they wouldn'y have found out about Sidious being the sith lord.

Dirk Jade
Maces Fault... if he hadnt stood around talking "Its Over YOU have LOST" and just brought his lightsaber on the little old punk then Anakin would have Walked onto a scene with mace standing over a dead Palpatine sure maybe he would be pissed but palpatines Death Star wouldnt have come, the Empire wouldn't of happend the jedi would still be alive the annialation (i think thats right) of the sith would be complete. AND PADME WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!! Thus anakin wouldn't have turned and luke and leia would be skilled jedi knights and everybody is happy. Heh.. sucks that lucas made the last 3 movies first doesn't it.

overlord
Just because Mace didn't kill Sidious before he died himself is no reason to blame him for everything. With that kind of reasoning you can blaim everybody for doing nothing and such nonsense.

Captain REX
Originally posted by overlord
People seem to think Mace is good to blame for Anakin's fall, I for one see absolutely no logic in this..
Was it because Mace didn't recognize Anakin as a jedi master? Was it because Mace wanted to finish the biggest threat to the galaxy of that time?

What the hell is wrong with that? It was clear Anakin wasn't near to a jedi master in a longshot, even in the OT he is calmer than in the PT, Anakin his arrogance proved to be his downfall, this would have never happened to a true master.
It was just an ego thing for Anakin needing the title of master.

As for mace dealing with Sidious, there was no other option than to finish Sids. There is no capturing possible with a man who can release lightning from his fingers at will.

Lord DarqueLand
I'm now wondering on the Case of who is voting for Jar Jar on the poll

Darth Koroni
I blame the Jedi Council, as said by K2 there seems to be something horribly wrong with the Jedi Code, what with there being so many Dark Jedi wandering around.

jollyjim311
Padme, Dooku, Sand people, Qui Gon, Mace, Obi Wan, Yoda, Jar Jar, Sidious, and Anakin himself, the list goes on. I don't think it can be narrowed down to 1 specific person, well, maybe Sidious, but, no, it was more than that. It was a course of events, not just one specific thing.

Mr. Jabarus
Inadvertant causes:

The no 1 cause for Ani's fall? Anakin
The next one? Obi-Wan
Then Padme, THEN Mace

cubedeine
Definitely the Council. They had become way to rigid over the years. Ancient Jedi could marry without a problem ,at some point they decided to outlaw it.BTW in the book Anakin wanted to master title so that he could look at the sith holocron cubes ,it wasn't just ego.

Canadadude
I agree with everyone about the Council and more so Yoda. Anakin was a basketcase waiting to happen and Yoda knew that he could come back to hurt them. Yoda also felt warnings in the force that the dark side was cloudling everything, but only at the end did they figure it out. If he got up off his ass in Episode II and did some real work, the galaxy would have been saved. Too much time talking to Mace and letting Obi Wan do all his dirty work.

overlord
Why the hell would it be the councils fault? Anakin should have prayed to Allah that he was already allowed to be trained a jedi, that he was allowed in the council although far from ready and he was even married!!
What the hell should Yoda and the whole council do next to please this former slave boy? Make him king of the galaxy because otherwise he would cry and kill his wife? Puuuulease..

This cat was a spoiled brat and should have kept his whining mouth closed.

Ianus
Originally posted by Ianus
Men make their own decisions. If Mace is to blame for Anakin being an evil bastard then the guy who rejected Hitler for the Austrian art school is responsible for Nazi Germany.

Listen to this divine statement, people, and stop blaming every Tom, Dick, and Harry for Anakin going bad. It's not like he's a fruit that needs to be kept safe in a freezer and Mace Windu left it open when he went to grab a forty.

CobbleR
I like the new sig. Zombies + internet humor = gr8

Ianus
Yeah. Zombies + Internet Humor + Janus = uber 1337!!!

CobbleR
You should make a sig with Shaun holding a light saber, and internet humor. Then it would be ub3r 1337 WTFPWNXZSZSSZSZSORZSZSZSZZZSZ.

maifoshis
i think nobody could have stopped it was the will of the force maybe everybody had to suffer before their salvation you know it is always darkest before dawn and all that

Lord DarqueLand
Maybe it was a punishment for the past ways of the jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.