Am I getting old and boring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mstr GEKA
Do you think that the prequels should have been much more mature (ie for older people) to target the same audience that enjoyed the OT?

Or was GL right (not financially talking) to target a younger crowd and to try to remind us that we once were children too... (and some on this board still are)

Lana
The OT's target audience was kids initially too, you know.

Morning_Glory
no

mysterio69
he didn't make the PT to satisfy fans of the OT. he wanted to start an entirely new legion of fans.

Mist
well la di da.....everyone of all age groups liked it....

its a frickn movie for crying out loud....why do people have to be like this all the time?

Mstr GEKA
Originally posted by Lana
The OT's target audience was kids initially too, you know.

Yes there were kids back in 1977... are u talking about Peter Pan?

Lana
No, I'm just saying that SW's target audience was always for kids, it just happened to be popular with adults too.

Mist
easy solution to this stuff: dont come back here. ever.

Mstr GEKA
Ok let's say you were 10 yo in 1977 and a big fan of the OT... in 2005 you are ...

mysterio69
No, I'm just saying that SW's target audience was always for kids, it just happened to be popular with adults too.

and it still is. a lot of the OT fans have kids now, and this is their trilogy. the kids have the same excitement their parents went through.
nice sig btw.

Mstr GEKA
Yep sorry It is true I forgot the power of the flaming fart... If you don't get the question.. or don't like it... it is not my problem! If you get it... and actualy have sumthing to say about it... that would be nice. It seems am asking too much!

mysterio69
Originally posted by Mstr GEKA
Ok let's say you were 10 yo in 1977 and a big fan of the OT... in 2005 you are ...

oooh....oooooh!!! i got it!!! 38!

Lana
Originally posted by mysterio69
and it still is. a lot of the OT fans have kids now, and this is their trilogy. the kids have the same excitement their parents went through.
nice sig btw.

Yup; my mom was 15 when ANH came out, I was 13 when TPM came out.

I know plenty of adults who saw ANH as a kid and still love the saga and like the PT.

Thanks, btw happy

Mstr GEKA
I know you did... other did not!

Morning_Glory
Do you think that the prequels should have been much more mature (ie for older people) to target the same audience that enjoyed the OT?

Or was GL right (not financially talking) to target a younger crowd and to try to remind us that we once were children too... (and some on this board still are)

yea I think they should have been more mature... i thought Ep I was a 2 hour commercial for star wars toys

mysterio69
well, it's not like the OT was all that mature itself. ewoks? hmmm?

Mstr GEKA
Originally posted by mysterio69
well, it's not like the OT was all that mature itself. ewoks? hmmm?

Plz if you don not understand a thread do not post...

I know it wasn't... we were kids!!! I thought you did get my question but you didn't...

Might change my language... Kids then... Adults now... Do you think SW should have matched this... (btw ROTS was a major improvement on that aspect)

mysterio69
oh..thank you for putting it in lamen terms for me. stick out tongue
why the hell would GL make a movie for late-30's, early 40's people?
he made the movie the way he wanted. that's it. both are aimed at a younger audience. there. do i understand enough to post in this thread?

Mstr GEKA
My point was... to make a movie that would remaind us that we once were children and that would bring back those marvelous memories but in the same time have a more mature story and feel to the movie...

mysterio69
well, it reminded me.

Morning_Glory
sigh

ragesRemorse

I think George just wanted to finish what he started. I'm sure a few decesions here and there were made to try and apease a younger audience. For the most part, i think he was just trying to finish what he started, but got lost in the power that he had at his disposal. This time around, Geroge could create ANYTHING his mind imagined. back in 77 George had to spread out the visual aspect of the movie. This is why there was more character development in the OT. I think he wanted to make it universal for both new comers and old fans. I think the biggest problem for george was all the possbilities that CGI had to offer.

However, George did say that PM was going to be more for the saturday morning audience than the fans. He always said that Episode III would be the one for the fans, and he was right. the magic was still there in all of the PT movies, but the dialogue was to stylised and feeble for my liking. I do still enjoy them all though.

Mist
Yep sorry It is true I forgot the power of the flaming fart... If you don't get the question.. or don't like it... it is not my problem! If you get it... and actualy have sumthing to say about it... that would be nice. It seems am asking too much!

i was talking about me by the way......

Eleonora

Brava Lana smile

((The_Anomaly))
im 19, so i wasn't alive for the OT original release.

but i was 11-12 when TPM came out.

but i always loved the OT when i was a kid.

as for making it more mature, i thought it was completely fine as is. actually its more mature then the OT. the political stuff in these movies is actually pretty complex and would be difficult for a younger child to fully understand.

chubbychipmunk
who cares... georege lucas kicks major a**

koolruningz

Are you saying that that the OT was aimed at adults? I was 4 when the ANH came out and i seem to remember it was popular with kids as well as adults, the PT seems to have hit the same target audience. Both Adults and kids enjoy them, it gave my son a chance to get swept up in the hype to which was great for me to see.
As the Anomaly already said the PT had a far more complex story line than the OT and all the political agendas probably went over most kids heads. Obviously the movies had to look different because of the advances in technology, if Lucas had made ANH now it would be laden with CGI to. Adults are far more cynical than kids and wouldnt except the same looking movies that were released 20+ yrs ago.

Mstr GEKA
No i'm not... I'm saying that those kids (1977 and even a bit later) are adults now...

Red Superfly
It is neither for kids or adults, it's for everyone. It's so universal (heh, no pun indended) that it caters for pretty much everyone.

Girls, boys, men, women, old and young.

koolruningz
No i'm not... I'm saying that those kids (1977 and even a bit later) are adults now...

So if we enjoyed the OT as kids why cant Lucas make the PT enjoyable for kids? It seems to be the same logic.

Mstr GEKA
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think George just wanted to finish what he started. I'm sure a few decesions here and there were made to try and apease a younger audience. For the most part, i think he was just trying to finish what he started, but got lost in the power that he had at his disposal. This time around, Geroge could create ANYTHING his mind imagined. back in 77 George had to spread out the visual aspect of the movie. This is why there was more character development in the OT. I think he wanted to make it universal for both new comers and old fans. I think the biggest problem for george was all the possbilities that CGI had to offer.

However, George did say that PM was going to be more for the saturday morning audience than the fans. He always said that Episode III would be the one for the fans, and he was right. the magic was still there in all of the PT movies, but the dialogue was to stylised and feeble for my liking. I do still enjoy them all though.

This is the kind of comment I was hoping for... Thanks for that!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.