Black Panther Vs. Doctor Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skizo
Theyre both super geniuses both have theyre own country....let the battle begin...its really close but i think black panther would win but im positive Ill get many rebutals....

K Von Doom
Is this Wakanda vs Latveria? Or Black Panther vs Dr Doom in a fight?

skizo
How about both? If it can only be one..... Black Panther vs. Doom in a fight

xmarksthespot
Doom. Because he's DOOM. stick out tongue

I'll give better reasons later if I feel like it. big grin

Pointinel
doom man. its no contest if you really look at it

skizo
Hows it no contest? care to explain?

skizo
Black Panther is one of the few people Doom respects

xmarksthespot
H2H no prep fight or with prep time?

Just asking but either way I still give the win to Doom. big grin

skizo
Dude which ever.....both i guess...pick one

xmarksthespot
Doom surpasses BP in physical strength and durability due to his battle armour which has an array of weaponry at his disposal. His intelligence surpasses BP, and probably even Reed Richards. He also has powerful sorcerous abilities at his disposal. He's challenged and beaten cosmics. He's conquered the world and given it up out of boredom. There's a large list of Doom feats in the Doom vs Punisher thread so I won't detail them. Imo BP just can't win.

The only reason Doom never wins ultimately and completely in the comicverse is because he's a villain and he's not supposed to.

skizo
OK then how about this...Black Panther=Good Guy, Doom=Bad Guy....Doom loses

Wynndar
they both have contingency plans for the other...but they r kinda like bittersweet friends and wouldnt fight each other.

long pig
sad I thought it was gonna be Latveria vs Wakanda! That'd be awesome.

Doubtful Doom would let his people fight, he more or less wants them to enjoy their paradise, so it'd be Wakanda vs Doom & a few thousand doombots! -drools-

Hard to pick the winner there, but in a straight up fight, Doom would own BP to a derogitory degree. Doom>Richards>Panther>Batman.

skizo
Didn't Panther Defeat the Fantastic 4 by himself?

demigawd
This is one of the few battles that Doom would win without prep and lose with prep. Doom has better knowledge of science and technical stuff, but Panther is the master of strategic battle prep - far better at it than Doom. He's also better that psychological manipulation than Doom. So I give the nod to Panther for coming up with a better battle plan against Doom than Doom would against Panther.

skizo
Originally posted by demigawd
This is one of the few battles that Doom would win without prep and lose with prep. Doom has better knowledge of science and technical stuff, but Panther is the master of strategic battle prep - far better at it than Doom. He's also better that psychological manipulation than Doom. So I give the nod to Panther for coming up with a better battle plan against Doom than Doom would against Panther.
That makes sense

CorderaMitchell
There would be a black panther contingency plan, then a Doom, contingency ant-contingency plan, lol.

skizo
no more rebuttals?

DarkCrawler
If it would be Wakanda VS Latveria, Wakanda would win.

olympian
Whitout prep i see Black Phanter taking it.

With Prep..........well hes Doom he doesnt lose with prep.

olympian
Ah and about the countries itself. Wakanda all the way in my opinion. In Marvel its the most advanced country of earth, military included and they all use vibraniun in theyr tech.

Well it was the most advanced until the new writer showed up. Did he changed Wakandas status?

bakerboy
The doom more intelligent than reed richards thing is bullshit. Richards is at least as ingelligent as doom, if not more. Two proofs of that:

1: Richards always wins over doom.

2: Doom is always jealous and envious of Richards.

skizo
Dooms the bad guy he has to lose

bakerboy
Only reading the fantastic four series, its prooved that Reed Richards is AT LEAST as intelligent as Doom is, if not more.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by bakerboy

2: Doom is always jealous and envious of Richards.

He is jealous because Richards is world renowed scientist who has loving family and an sexy wife...

And he himself is hated by everyone and stuck in some third world country in cold castle with robots and ugly peasants.

bakerboy
Well, half true. He is jelous in part because all of that that you posted, but for his intellect too. doom has a great ego and cant stand that another person, ex friend and ex university partner could have the same intellect or best intellect than him and beat him over and over again.

illadelph12
T'Challa could and would take Doom with or without prep in a combat situation. Doom is not infallable, and it's not the bad guy clause, it's a combination of his own arrogance and a form of genius imposed ADD. T'Challa is in his league in intelligence, Doom isn't leaps and bounds ahead, it's more in Doom's diabolical application of his intelligence than the level of it. T'Challa is just as resourceful and cut throat as Doom, he's simply not a villain bent on world domination. There's nothing Doom has done that T'Challa couldn't accomplish if he put his mind to it; there is a reason Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Marvel Earth, as well as T'Challa posessing a Cosmic Cube.

And in a purely physical confrontation, I'd take T'Challa as well. His speed, skill and agility would pose big problems for Doom who relies more on tech and schemes than physicallity

Wakanda would take Latveria as well, and T'Challa would liquidate the assets of the nation and bankrupt Doom afterwards, forcing the super genius to resort to petty crimes like bank robbery to rebuild what he lost trying to walk with a Panther.

demigawd
One point to make...T'Challa doesn't possess a Cosmic Cube in 616, just in Earth X.

In a spontaneous battle, I don't know if T'Challa has anything to get through Doom's forcefield (and I don't think vibranium does it). But I'm certain he could build something that would in a prep situation. That's why I give the spontaneous edge to Doom and the prep edge to Panther.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I'd still take T'Challa.

Doom's been caught with his pants down before. He doesn't have his shield up at all times. I'm sure T'Challa could evade long enough to figure out a way to get around that obstacle. Maybe a modification to his energy knife or something. T'Challa does have advanced scanners and is no slouch in the physics department. He can figure something out on his feet. Doom's own arrogance would aid T'Challa.

Doom isn't unstoppable; T'Challa is definitely capable of taking him down even without prep. Prep on the go (in-battle ingenuity) is a capability as well.

In an all out war, all resources at play, T'Challa would use Doom's helmet as an ashtray afterwards.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by illadelph12
There's nothing Doom has done that T'Challa couldn't accomplish if he put his mind to it.

Wakanda would take Latveria as well, and T'Challa would liquidate the assets of the nation and bankrupt Doom afterwards.

You're saying BP would be resourceful and inventive enough to beat the Beyonder, a Watcher and the Silver Surfer? Come in second place as Sorcerer Supreme? Take over the world?

If it comes down to Wakanda vs Latveria, and if Doom sees himself being threatened by bankruptcy, he'd likely use his time machine, something even Reed hasn't been able to build.

illadelph12
Yes;

I'm saying T'Challa already has a Galactus contingency plan, and he could tone it down for either Surfer or a Watcher, and if he put his mind to it, yes, he could be in a position where a naive Beyonder would give him his power, though he'd think he'd stolen it with some contraption . Don't think that just because a character wasn't involved in a story arc they couldn't step up to the plate and perform. Writers can't include every heavyweight or else things would get to cluttered. It's not a sign of irrelevence.

Doom is like Marvel's Ric Flair: The dirtiest player in the game, and 13 time world champ. Problem is, if you've been champion 13 times, you've been beaten at least 12.

T'Challa has more than enough of what it takes to match wits with Victor. He has the same if not better resources and intelligence, just not the same agenda. Doom thinks about conquering the globe and acquiring more power, T'Challa thinks about protecting Wakanda. T'Challa could and would EASILY get his hands dirty if necessary. If Doom had to go through Wakanda to accomplish half his feats, his resume would be 50% less impressive than it is. To date all he really is a great schemer and opportunist. He's not some unstoppable powerhouse; he's a politician. Panther can play that game too.

demigawd
Well said, Ill. I agree completely. I still think it's a big jump to assume that Panther could spontaneously get through the forcefield in a no prep battle, but I've heard recently that Doom can't attack while his forcefield is up.

Either way, I agree with your analysis on their skills and talents. It's similar to what I've said in past Doom/BP threads.

long pig
Panther is powerful. But, he sucks, marvel gave him pity power because of what he was.

He'd probably win the country wide war though.

Superherovandal
He does have a Galactus plan but did he use it yet?

demigawd
Hasn't needed to. Galactus has pretty much kept away from Earth over the years.

Superherovandal
yeah so how do we know it would even work?

demigawd
He's Panther. It would work.

Superherovandal
we don't even know if it would work. Super-geniuses make mistakes too you know. What's to say that he even has one maybe he is just bluffing to keep Galan away.

long pig
His plan is to protect his people, not to beat Galactus. He'll shoot his people into space in a pod or something.

K Von Doom
He's Panther. It would work.

Having a plan doesn't mean it will work. Odin had a plan for the Celestials, it didn't work. Doom formulated a plan that took out both the Beyonder and Galactus.

skizo
Originally posted by long pig
Panther is powerful. But, he sucks, marvel gave him pity power because of what he was.

Why do u hate him so damn much??

illadelph12

What do you mean by "What he was"? In his first appearance he murked the Fantastic 4 flying solo. He's not a jobber.

Mainstream
yeah Black Panther anit not flunkie.

Metalmanx
Black Panther.

skizo
Originally posted by illadelph12
What do you mean by "What he was"? In his first appearance he murked the Fantastic 4 flying solo. He's not a jobber.

He means cus he was black

illadelph12
What the f**k?

Is this true Pig?

demigawd
It IS true. Black Panther was black, but now that he's not anymore, he's undeserving of such pity power...

K3VIL
Doom respects T'Challa, and so does the Wakanda King for the ruler of Latveria.
They are sort of friends, and also BP intelligence is on a genious level too, he shutted down IM's armor systems granting Wolverine to slice it.
Not much guys can do that.BP is expert in science fields not as Doom but he's just 3/4 steps under him.

Tron
Hasn't he shut down Iron Man's armor more than once?

long pig
Yup, it's true. I think his character was made to equal out the white/black superhero ratio, so they uber-fied him.

Him and Blade...pisses me off the way they portray us.....****ing pity power.

When's the last time you saw a brother hero without "black" in his name? Far more with it than without it.

Maybe it's my own personal beef. uno

K3VIL
Originally posted by Tron
Hasn't he shut down Iron Man's armor more than once?
Yes if I remember right.
Altough during the storyarc with the Red Skull as secretary of defense, BP and Tony were captured from a S.W.A.T. team that used taser rifles.
I mean, BP suit protected him from Ultron's ionic blasts and a taser K.O. him?

illadelph12
PIS.

Tron
Yup, it's true. I think his character was made to equal out the white/black superhero ratio, so they uber-fied him.

Him and Blade...pisses me off the way they portray us.....****ing pity power.

When's the last time you saw a brother hero without "black" in his name? Far more with it than without it.

Maybe it's my own personal beef. uno

Yeha, the same way they gave pity powers to Luke Cage, Rage, etc...no expression

I think it is just your beef, cause Jack Kirby did a damn good job coming up with Black Panther's concept. And besides Black Vulcan, BP is the only black hero wide "Black" in his name. You must be seeing something different from the rest of us.

And just exactly how are they portraying Blade that pisses you off?

Batman Wins
Tron you need to go one th Spiderman vs wolverine,Batman vs Spiderman, Batman Vs Wolverine thread. Also The Batman and Nightwing vs Punisher and Nick fury, and write what you think, because your good at debating. I want to hear your side.

skizo
It IS true. Black Panther was black, but now that he's not anymore, he's undeserving of such pity power...

Jeez....cus he IS black...not WAS...sorry for making a typo

Max Spidey 24
What are you guys talking about he was Black. What is he now then ?

skizo
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
What are you guys talking about he was Black. What is he now then ?

He's F*cking black

Batman Wins
Aint he white now, in the last few comics ?

skizo
Nah man he's Chinese

Batman Wins
Black Panther, Black Volcun, Black lighting, Black Marvel, Black Bolt,and some others I just forget, but yeah they have the name Black in it, im surprised it wasn't Black Lantern instead of Green, but who cares. Pity Power!!!!. Besides who need them when you have GOOD characters like Batman around

Max Spidey 24
Originally posted by skizo
He's F*cking black

No Sh*t sherlock, I was speaking to the guy that was saying he aint anymore.

skizo

My name is skizo not Sherlock....I know you were speaking to him....You ot ur answer didnt You

Tron
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Tron you need to go one th Spiderman vs wolverine,Batman vs Spiderman, Batman Vs Wolverine thread. Also The Batman and Nightwing vs Punisher and Nick fury, and write what you think, because your good at debating. I want to hear your side.

I'm too busy policing most of the threads to get into most of these debates. Besides, I only get in a debate if I feel it's worth my time, or if I have some decent facts and opinions to add. Some things have been said on here more than once, and most of these threads I've seen more than once.

demigawd

I was being sarcastic, because the original poster said "was black". big grin

There is truth to the whole "black characters tend to have the word black in their superhero name" theory. Black Bolt, however, isn't one of them. He's as white as they come....

Black Racer, on the other hand, would take his place.

skizo
I was being sarcastic, because the original poster said "was black". big grin

There is truth to the whole "black characters tend to have the word black in their superhero name" theory. Black Bolt, however, isn't one of them. He's as white as they come....

Black Racer, on the other hand, would take his place.

Yes it was a typo....cocaine can do that to you

demigawd
Originally posted by Rick James
Cocaine's a helluva drug!

Skizo would agree with you.

skizo
Skizo would agree with you.

HAHAHAHAHA

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Black Panther, Black Volcun, Black lighting, Black Marvel, Black Bolt,and some others I just forget, but yeah they have the name Black in it, im surprised it wasn't Black Lantern instead of Green, but who cares. Pity Power!!!!. Besides who need them when you have GOOD characters like Batman around

Black bolt isn't black

comic wizard
dr.domm would win all he would need to do is electricute black panther until he becomes french fries

DarkCrawler
*sigh*

Have you read rest of the thread?

We are not talking about movie Doom.

skizo
Originally posted by comic wizard
dr.domm would win all he would need to do is electricute black panther until he becomes french fries

*sigh*

Banner
I'd say Black Panther has a decent 50% chance of defeating Victor Von Doom. Dr. Doom would not respect T'Challa if he wasn't a capable warrior and strategist. Besides, T'Challa defeated Reed Richards regardless of how intelligent Mr. Fantastic was. I'm sure he'd be able to over come Doom's technology and wit were the circumstances right.

Nataku8188
Doom's fast enough to catch Quicksilver, his suit took a shot from the infinity gauntlet, he's killed a full grown lion bare-handed, his doombots alone threw down with CA, he's caught Cap's shield mid-throw... I don't see where T'challa will win. What's he got that can do shit to Doom?

skizo
He can kick

Nataku8188
Originally posted by skizo
He can kick

Oh man, watch out for that kick.

skizo
Did I mention that he can also punch? Because he very well can...now tell me how can you beat that?

Tron
Wanna know what Black Panther can do? Well, here ya go:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=24592&highlight=Black+Panther

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=25406&highlight=Black+Panther

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=25453&highlight=Black+Panther

Metalmanx
First, when has Doom ever been fast enough to catch Quicksilver. This I would LOVE to hear.

And second, good going there, Tron. I, too, have seen many of BP's feats, but that list was even more than I have seen. Quite impressive. So, I still stand by all of my previous decisions.

Black Panther wins.

skizo
Yeah BP wins

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Metalmanx
First, when has Doom ever been fast enough to catch Quicksilver. This I would LOVE to hear.

And second, good going there, Tron. I, too, have seen many of BP's feats, but that list was even more than I have seen. Quite impressive. So, I still stand by all of my previous decisions.

Black Panther wins.

Check it out.

skizo
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Check it out.

OHhhhh buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrnnnnnn

Metalmanx
Check it out.

That's not showing that Doom is faster than Quicksilver. It shows that Doom is stronger than QS. As QS was winding him up, Doom just yanks it back the other way. QS is just caught off guard that he he was strong enough to yank it back the other way, that's why he slowed down.

In no way does that prove that Doom is faster than QS.

Nataku8188
That's not showing that Doom is faster than Quicksilver. It shows that Doom is stronger than QS. As QS was winding him up, Doom just yanks it back the other way. QS is just caught off guard that he he was strong enough to yank it back the other way, that's why he slowed down.

In no way does that prove that Doom is faster than QS.

He doesn't yank it back, he unwinds it, and he's doing it so fast that Quicksilver can't keep up, then he snatches quicksilver before he can get away.

Metalmanx
He doesn't yank it back, he unwinds it, and he's doing it so fast that Quicksilver can't keep up, then he snatches quicksilver before he can get away.

Then, displaying such unexpected speed and POWER that even Quicksilver SLOWS DOWN to watch in mute awe...Doom strikes back!

First. Yes, Doom moved faster than expected. But not faster than Quicksilver. QS was just caught off guard that he even moved that fast at all.

Second. It even says QS slows down to watch this happen. If you were moving really fast, then slow down to watch someone do something, you would be quite the easy target, too, since you wouldn't be paying attention to the fight at hand.

This in no way is proving that Doom is anywhere near as fast as QS, but just faster than even a peak human, which probably just caught QS off guard.

Nataku8188
Then, displaying such unexpected speed and POWER that even Quicksilver SLOWS DOWN to watch in mute awe...Doom strikes back!

First. Yes, Doom moved faster than expected. But not faster than Quicksilver. QS was just caught off guard that he even moved that fast at all.

Second. It even says QS slows down to watch this happen. If you were moving really fast, then slow down to watch someone do something, you would be quite the easy target, too, since you wouldn't be paying attention to the fight at hand.

This in no way is proving that Doom is anywhere near as fast as QS, but just faster than even a peak human, which probably just caught QS off guard.

He is moving so quickly that he is unwinding the cloak as QS winds it, then, showing unexpected SPEED and power, QS slows down. He's fast enough to awe QS, he's far above peak human. I've seen QS throw down with guys like Wolverine who are peak human all the time and not give two damns about how fast they move, but here he is AWED by Doom's speed, that's telling me he's faster than any peak human. Not only that, but before he slowed down he was keeping up with QS. Also in that issue, he catches and returns C.A.'s thrown shield.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.