Re: Duplicate Threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Hey, gang. The time has come where I feel I need to address a reoccuring problem in regards to the duplicate threads here in the MDF, some mini-modding instances, and how both are being handled. Now, those of you who patronize the Star Wars: Episode 3 forums know this as "Backseat Moderating", thanks to my buddy, Ken. I've adopted the same moniker.

"Backseating Moderating" or "Playing Mod", pertaining to duplicate threads includes, but isn't limited to, users suggesting threads need to be closed, moved, merged, or using the terms "closing", "moving", or "locked". I understand there are usually good intentions behind these acts, but, that's what I'm here for.

Should you encounter a duplicate thread:

* Suggest the poster use the "Search" function at the top right of the page. Don't make snide remarks pertaining to the users seniority or lack thereof.

* Kindly include a hyperlink to the correct or already established thread or forum.

* Report the duplicate thread in addition to the other 2 steps.

This step is the most important. While the thread starter has now been made aware of the already established topic and/or correct forum, the thread still stands. It will continue to stand until it is reported, so that a moderator can deal with it accordingly. Should you so chose to report it, please claim you've done so, just so that we're not flooded with requests for the same thread.

I appreciate the sentiment behind what you guys do, I honestly do, but that's why there are established moderators. I'm usually here most of the day off and on, and ready to answer the call. I can't/don't frequent every single thread, so PLEASE, should you find a duplicate thread, report it. Myself or a Global mod will take care of it.

I'm not issuing warnings for these acts, let that be known. That said, most of you well know I've got an cat-o-nine-tails for a tongue, and should you persist to play sidekick, we'll have words. Straight up. Let's not let it get that bad.

Help one another out, abide by these fair and easy to follow guidelines, and let's put aside our differences, Old school, n00bz, whatever you may be. Let's keep KMC fun, and let ol' Cine do his job alone. happy

Evil Dead
- yawn -

Myth
I think this thread has been done before. no expression

Cinemaddiction
After searching, both before and after posting this, I didn't find anything in the MDF in regards to it? Ken has a thread in the E3 forum which I patterned mine after, but that's it.

Dresta
close it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.