The Inferno?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laydiiplayette
To all former Inferno Participants, I would like to pose 3 options to you:

1)Shall we attempt to rekindle the flame of the old Inferno?

2)Should we try over once more, from the beginning with new people?

3)Should we simply leave it be, and forget that it was ever created?

Scoobless
hmmmm.......

Khellendros
Meh. If it does restart, I don't think I'll join. I'm in the tail end of one tournament and looking at a new one coming up pretty soon after that.

Va N E L L A 13
I think that a restart would be the best way to go, because the thing that caused most of the problem was uncertainty with the rules, and if we restart, we could focus on that mainly in the process of renewal.

K Von Doom
What's inferno? If it's a tournament, start it now while Khell is distracted by the other tournament. lol stick out tongue

laydiiplayette
Its kinda a tournament, i guess.

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's inferno? If it's a tournament, start it now while Khell is distracted by the other tournament. lol stick out tongue
sad You don't wanna play with me?

laydiiplayette
You'd only play together if we restarted, and if we restart, then you wouldn't participate, so you two wouldn't play together.

Solidus Snake
id play

how does it werk?

Zatch_Bell
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
id play

how does it werk?
same here

stormfront13
i think we should re-start it

laydiiplayette
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
id play

how does it werk?

I'm not trying to be like, mean or anything, but right now, i'm only looking for opinions from those who participated in the previous one.

life is cruell
Yeah i agree about restarting and so that the rules could be clarifyed

Lord-of-Dreams
yup, yup!!! (I've been wondering wher this went... ever since I left for a while... lol) restart. create new rules. clarify everything. what happens if someone quits? what's all this stuff about captains? And most importantly of all: who's being favoured (not trying to insinuate anything, just saying, we had some trouble last time...)
It should work well if it's well organised. and I found it pretty entertaining smile

stormfront13
yeah, and if it is re-started, can i change my character?

laydiiplayette
We'll see how it goes.

Lord-of-Dreams
cool, so... I have a question, Ladi.

Are we restarting? lol seriusly though, folks. are we?

laydiiplayette
I'm looking for input from the members of the previous one.

Lord-of-Dreams
Oh. Sorry...

*scratch head* I was in the last one, baby. I was black Panther... remember?

Scoobless
yeah.... we would definitely need to pin down the rules a bit more..... sort out the levels of the characters acceptable to play..... that sort of thing

life is cruell
scoob did you just vote for a restart or are you unsure?

Scoobless
Originally posted by life is cruell
scoob did you just vote for a restart?

yeah.... but with a few revisions and modifications

Lord-of-Dreams
I think we need to all get togthor and set up a good set of rules. Write a list and hand it out.

pr1983
rules need to be sorted definately...

i'm up for a restart...

ladii... cry

laydiiplayette
PR, why are you crying. Lord-of-Dreams, why did you call me baby. It seems like the majority would like a restart. If we restarted, do you think we should get some new people to add, or just stick with the originals.

pr1983
*sniff* s'nothing... schmoll stick out tongue

well there may be new members who may be interested... so i say open it up, then see who's in...

Lord-of-Dreams
baby means absolutely nothing. It's like... appreciating femalness??
I say we add like, two members to both teams. We should get them to choose characters before explaining everything to them to prevent favourtisme or the like.

pr1983
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
baby means absolutely nothing. It's like... appreciating femalness??
I say we add like, two members to both teams. We should get them to choose characters before explaining everything to them to prevent favourtisme or the like.

Mix it up too... new characters maybe?

laydiiplayette
I think that new characters might work.

pr1983
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
I think that new characters might work.

Yeah...

laydiiplayette
I have another idea for the characters, but i'm not sure how it would work.

pr1983
I have another idea for the characters, but i'm not sure how it would work.

well maybe we can help?

laydiiplayette
Well, I don't want to use the more popular characters, because they are usually too powerful, such as superman, so I was thinking. We could have it where all contestants are made as normal humans, and may choose one power from a superhero of their choice, as long as it isn't too outlandish.

pr1983
Well, I don't want to use the more popular characters, because they are usually too powerful, such as superman, so I was thinking. We could have it where all contestants are made as normal humans, and may choose one power from a superhero of their choice, as long as it isn't too outlandish.

hmm... interesting... wouldnt that affect the players more though... i mean... battles would be more about us as players rather than the characters? or am i wrong?

Lord-of-Dreams
yea, it would. big grin that's a pretty good. It makes choosing really hard for some of us and easy for others, though. That might be a small problem.

laydiiplayette
=/ Its just an idea.

pr1983
=/ Its just an idea.

and its an interesting one too... big grin

Lord-of-Dreams
NO!! IT'S A STUPID IDEA!!
heh. I'm kidding of course lol. Yea, I like it, I just don't feel like reading through pages of arguements over silly crap- or writing those pages, lol. I want it to work this time, that's all. I'm not tring to bring anyone down.

laydiiplayette
Yeah, but the thing that caused the most trouble were the rules. The tricky thing with the rules is, there is a set for each mission/inferno. So I can't really give it to you guys to look over, without giving away the whole thing.

pr1983
Yeah, but the thing that caused the most trouble were the rules. The tricky thing with the rules is, there is a set for each mission/inferno. So I can't really give it to you guys to look over, without giving away the whole thing.

Hmm...

have to think about it so...

Lord-of-Dreams
Set some base rules. General stuff. Oh, and NO DAMN LOOP-HOLES!!!!!!!!

pr1983
i agree...

so... still street level characters? or can i break out my red cape?

Lord-of-Dreams
I liked the street level. Cause after you break away the restriction, out comes apoc., thor buster, spiderman (stick out tongue) and pheonix force. And that's where it gets really bad.
Task: recover the kidnapped baby without hurting anyone.
player- I'll wipe the badguy's mind, take the baby and recover his memory.

See?

pr1983
yeah... unless we're rescuing planets rather than babies... stick out tongue

life is cruell
Picking your own powers is intresting but that might complicate it I would prefer picking street level characters, but either way is fine in my opinion.

pr1983
street level i got cyke... stick out tongue

over street level... hmm... superman or colossus please...

life is cruell
I know he was allowed last time but is cyke really street level i mean if he wanteed to he could kill probably all street levels.

pr1983
I know he was allowed last time but is cyke really street level i mean if he wanteed to he could kill probably all street levels.

his physical vulnerabilities make him street level...

if spiderwoman is allowed then why not cyclops?

Lord-of-Dreams
ok... so we needs to define street level...
cuz if we're using superheros, I would like to be either classic Magneto or Ironman, please. big grin

pr1983
ooh good choices...

laydiiplayette
I would definitely not let you be superheros. The thing is that with choosing a power from a superhero, you don't get the whole thing. For instance, if Pr were to take heat vision from Superman, he wouldn't be getting the super strength, or the flight, or the super speed, or any of the other good aspects of superman, it would just make him a normal human with heat vision, which in my point of view, would be more of a street level character.

pr1983
I would definitely not let you be superheros. The thing is that with choosing a power from a superhero, you don't get the whole thing. For instance, if Pr were to take heat vision from Superman, he wouldn't be getting the super strength, or the flight, or the super speed, or any of the other good aspects of superman, it would just make him a normal human with heat vision, which in my point of view, would be more of a street level character.

its cyclops with different blasts... stick out tongue

illadelph12
I'd be interested if my presence is still wanted.

pr1983
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd be interested if my presence is still wanted.

no more dogs and cancer ridden deathbed superheroes ok? stick out tongue

Lord-of-Dreams
Ok... I choose IM with just the suit. Leave out the cancer and the drinking wink stick out tongue Or Magneto without the shields. Just the magnetisme part. Street level enough? See? There is the problem.

pr1983
Ok... I choose IM with just the suit. Leave out the cancer and the drinking wink stick out tongue Or Magneto without the shields. Just the magnetisme part. Street level enough? See? There is the problem.

Yep...

laydiiplayette
I don't think it would really be fair for you to be iron man, because you would have more than one thing in your arsenal, you'd have weapons and enhanced strength, etc. So maybe just magneto. I'm discussing it with people as wel speak.

illadelph12
Originally posted by pr1983
no more dogs and cancer ridden deathbed superheroes ok? stick out tongue

laughing

Sorry, I was bitten by a lawyer on a full moon and every now and then it flares up when I argue.

It was a plausible course of attack given the situation though. big grin

illadelph12
Can I have psionic control of my atomic structure (shape shifting)?

pr1983
laughing

Sorry, I was bitten by a lawyer on a full moon and every now and then it flares up when I argue.

It was a plausible course of attack given the situation though. big grin

says you... stick out tongue

Lord-of-Dreams
I don't think it would really be fair for you to be iron man, because you would have more than one thing in your arsenal, you'd have weapons and enhanced strength, etc. So maybe just magneto. I'm discussing it with people as wel speak.

That's... the point. You seriously think I think drinking and cancer are powers? lol come on, baby.

pr1983
That's... the point. You seriously think I think drinking and cancer are powers? lol come on, baby.

lol... in ireland not drinking is a power...

laydiiplayette
Can I have psionic control of my atomic structure (shape shifting)?
I think you could have it like, being able to change into any animal, or into any person, but not just into anything, because that might be a little too powerful.

pr1983
I think you could have it like, being able to change into any animal, or into any person, but not just into anything, because that might be a little too powerful.

how about only something proportional to their own weight? like in terminator 2?

Lord-of-Dreams

laydiiplayette
I never saw terminator 2, not really into that kind of stuff.

pr1983

basically means he cant change to anything bigger or smaller than himself, or create items like guns (or anything else that has moving parts).

laydiiplayette
i guess, but couldn't he just change into a gun as big as himself?

pr1983
i guess, but couldn't he just change into a gun as big as himself?

no, he cant change into anything with moving parts (guns, cars and whatnot)

laydiiplayette
oOo. I see, but wouldn't that make him only be able to turn into a tree or something, because like most animals and humans have moving parts.

pr1983
oOo. I see, but wouldn't that make him only be able to turn into a tree or something, because like most animals and humans have moving parts.

he can make blades, knives, shields and so on...

laydiiplayette
hrm, i dunno. I guess.

pr1983
hrm, i dunno. I guess.

smile

illadelph12
how about only something proportional to their own weight? like in terminator 2?

That's a good idea for a limitation. But then again, Beast Boy can turn into a whale and he weighs about 130 at most.

pr1983
That's a good idea for a limitation. But then again, Beast Boy can turn into a whale and he weighs about 130 at most.

Teen Titans... pfft... stick out tongue

illadelph12
Didn't T-1000 mimic a cop and floor tile?

illadelph12
Teen Titans... pfft... stick out tongue

Just an example.

pr1983
Didn't T-1000 mimic a cop and floor tile?

yes...

Just an example.

i know...

Lord-of-Dreams
Or we could limit it to closed ended powers. Such as telepathy, super strength, speed, etc...
Transformation is open, because it allows the 'user' to do a lot of stuff. I hope that makes sense...

pr1983
Or we could limit it to closed ended powers. Such as telepathy, super strength, speed, etc...
Transformation is open, because it allows the 'user' to do a lot of stuff. I hope that makes sense...

I see what u mean... maybe its a good idea...

Lord-of-Dreams
I'm glad you understand. Maybe you could explain what I mean a bit better? I really suck at explanations.

pr1983
I'm glad you understand. Maybe you could explain what I mean a bit better? I really suck at explanations.

its better to have powers with defined limitations so nobody abuses their powers...

Lord-of-Dreams
Oh... Thanks... you're just too damn smart for me... lol
So, I can't use IM cuz I could easily just say he has a rocket launcher out of the blue. big grin shucks. Meh... I'm Magnus, I guess.

pr1983
Freezing the iron in my blood? wait, i can be a vulcan... stick out tongue

laydiiplayette
o.O.

Scoobless

how can you not have seen Terminator 2?????? confused

how old are you? why would someone on a comic forum not be into sci fi?

T2 was at the hieght of visual effects when it came out..... it still looks good.......... GO WATCH IT!

go on.... i'll wait........

sad

laydiiplayette
o.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Lord-of-Dreams
back... on... topic (I think T2 was a decent movie, but I hate sci-fi so hah!!!)

Scoobless
o.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

mad ....lol

this is the T1000 disguised as the floor...
http://www.cinegrfx.com/resumes/liza/gifs/t2.gif

walking through prison bars (because he's liquid metal)....
http://www.robert-patrick.net/galerie/term/25.JPG

and strolling out of an explosion....
http://www.goingfaster.com/darkthoughts/t1000.jpg

seriously....GO WATCH IT!!!!

pr1983
o.O.

vulcans have zinc instead of iron in their blood... smile

laydiiplayette
Huh? I'm confused...

Lord-of-Dreams
well... then that's your power!! along with being a big mean poopyface!!! stink bug!!

so... as far as I can tell we've cleared all the past problems up. Just keep a watchful eye out for any little problems and jump on thembig grin when shall we start again?

laydiiplayette
Why would I have a power? I'm not a contestant. I thought that people wanted a set list of base rules. We also need to get a clear list of people who are participating, so that we won't have people popping up and asking to join. PM me if you're interested.

illadelph12
Actually, I think I'd like to be Cloak in the Inferno if that's possible.

Can there be a choice between choosing a super power and choosing a street level characters abilities?

Lord-of-Dreams
umm... sorry, I meant PR we posted at the same time.
And do the old contestants have to sighn up again? Or are we in unless we say otherwise?

laydiiplayette
sign up again. Concerning illadelph's post. It will be powers, but you will choose after teams are assigned.

illadelph12
Ok. I'll have to give this some thought...

laydiiplayette
I say that, so that you guys can kind of work out a team strategy of powers, instead of just having all similiar powers.

pr1983
Huh? I'm confused...

magneto cant control the iron in a vulcans blood... smile

sign up again. Concerning illadelph's post. It will be powers, but you will choose after teams are assigned.

hmm... ok...

Lord-of-Dreams
woops, I just asked for my power in my pm... crap! now you know what power I want... shit! lol

pr1983
woops, I just asked for my power in my pm... crap! now you know what power I want... shit! lol

laughing

laydiiplayette
Doesn't really matter though.

pr1983
Doesn't really matter though.

Kay...

laydiiplayette
So are there any suggestions for base rules?

Scoobless
So are there any suggestions for base rules?

no blatant lies.... ie. Storm getting through a GL shield

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laydiiplayette
Wasn't that from a battle of the sexes thing?

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
no blatant lies.... ie. Storm getting through a GL shield

roll eyes (sarcastic)

too right... a disgrace that was... mad

Wasn't that from a battle of the sexes thing?

yes, it was... its an example though... needs to be fair...

laydiiplayette
I don't know how to change that into a rule that would apply to more than one thing, and even if we do set a rule like that, we can't really stop people if they truly think that it is possible.

pr1983
I don't know how to change that into a rule that would apply to more than one thing, and even if we do set a rule like that, we can't really stop people if they truly think that it is possible.

thats not the point... it was a simple vote overwriting comic book common sense... it set a terrible precedent...

laydiiplayette
The Inferno isn't based on voting. Pr and Scoobless, are you planning on participating in this inferno?

Scoobless
yeah i think so.... when would it be starting?

laydiiplayette
whenever we get everything straightened out.

pr1983
The Inferno isn't based on voting. Pr and Scoobless, are you planning on participating in this inferno?

i know that...

i might...

laydiiplayette
Okay then.

Lord-of-Dreams
how about... umm... NO LOOPHOLES!!!!!!!

Also, perhap the team should have to elect and vote on a captain each time. And in the thread, so's noone can become captain through unfair means.

pr1983

Also, perhap the team should have to elect and vote on a captain each time. And in the thread, so's noone can become captain through unfair means.

Sounds good...

laydiiplayette

So basically, you want me to think of everything that anyone will ever think of and mention it in the rule. Loopholes are kind of inevitable. If we are going to elect a captain each time, its going to take about a week to prepare for each thing. I don't get what you mean by becoming a captain through unfair means.

pr1983
So basically, you want me to think of everything that anyone will ever think of and mention it in the rule. Loopholes are kind of inevitable. If we are going to elect a captain each time, its going to take about a week to prepare for each thing. I don't get what you mean by becoming a captain through unfair means.

you dont have to explian every single variable... but if somebody unfairly comes up with one, it shouldnt be allowed imo...

by unfair he means lying...

laydiiplayette
If he's lying, why would it be allowed? I don't get how you would come up with it unfairly...

pr1983
If he's lying, why would it be allowed? I don't get how you would come up with it unfairly...

Well maybe some team members wouldnt be online, so somebody would just proclaim themselves team leader and say that so and so member had voted for them...

laydiiplayette
I don't remember that happening before, but whatever. If that does happen, then you can say that they weren't voted team leader, and thats the end of it...

pr1983
I don't remember that happening before, but whatever. If that does happen, then you can say that they weren't voted team leader, and thats the end of it...

but not everyone will... thats all i'm saying...

laydiiplayette
not everyone will what?

pr1983
not everyone will what?

Rat out a liar...

life is cruell
I thought that the missions lasted too long and it took forever just to reach the first inferno. Maybe after like 2 or 3 days a winner should be announced. Also the whole concept of street level confuses me. What makes a character like cyclops street or beast who is now 40 tons but not someone like storm, who has the same vulnerabilities.

pr1983
storm has more destructive capabilities, she has too many variables...

i doubt beast would be street level now...

life is cruell
ok what about havok?

pr1983
ok what about havok?

hes not street level... his power is more widespread and destructive...

all but a maximum blast from cyclops is very controlled...

life is cruell
OK i think i have sorta better understanding thx.

Scoobless
if Havok is out Cyclops is probably out as well

pr1983
if Havok is out Cyclops is probably out as well

Suppose... the max blast would be a bit unfair...

you were right life is cruell...

life is cruell
Oh sry i dont want to get cyclops out he's cool and i think he should be used as one of the top dogs of the srteet level inferno. I just wanted a better definition of street level.

pr1983
Oh sry i dont want to get cyclops out he's cool and i think he should be used as one of the top dogs of the srteet level inferno. I just wanted a better definition of street level.

i know, and its ok... smile

laydiiplayette
Well, which do you people prefer, choose 1 power that is not too out there, or just street level characters.

Scoobless
i'm getting mixed up between this and the possible street level amalgam tourny... Cyc should be ok for this

life is cruell
I vote chosing an existing street level. If we chose our power we would rely soley on that power or would we have fighting skills if we did we couldnt argue who has greater skills based on past knowledge.

pr1983
I vote chosing an existing street level. If we chose our power we would rely soley on that power or would we have fighting skills if we did we couldnt argue who has greater skills based on past knowledge.

i agree... i cant claim to be a better fighter than scoob without finding out for real... stick out tongue

Scoobless
i agree... i cant claim to be a better fighter than scoob without finding out for real... stick out tongue

bring it on punk

boxing

pr1983
bring it on punk

boxing

Punk? Punk? what the... (cue clever and wittty trash talk aimed at scoob)

stick out tongue

Lord-of-Dreams
boys don't fight, there's no point... I could woop you both! Biatch! lol
And Ladii, last time you said openly that you'd perpously left loop-holes. That is very annoying...

And with guys like batman, punisher, blackpanther, etc... I think we should have to state what weapons and tools we're using before starting, cause last time we got the childish 'if you do that, I'll pull out a mini bazooka and blow you up!!!! Stupid!!' you know? So, I think that would be good.
Last time I got in a little spat with someone over who was captain. we each got one vote, bt he was made boss because... I don't even know... lol he had a K in his name... Khellendros!! Him, I almost went at it with my pal Khel.

laydiiplayette
Last time I said that you would only be able to use signature weapons, or no weapons at all. I don't get why you are complaining so much about the whole voting thing, because maybe you only got one vote, but i heard from multiple people that they voted for khellendros. If you are sooooo unhappy about it, then you should say something, which I truly do not remember you doing. Do you want me to make it so that each time, it has to be a different leader, and have it so everyone gets a chance to be leader so that its "fair"?

Va N E L L A 13
I'll participate.

Lord-of-Dreams
All right, Ladi. Don't get bitchy with me, All right? I really don't need it right now. All right? cool.
Now, to business. Oh, before I begin, who's complaining? Please tell me. You open the thread, you ask us for our opinion, you get a suggestion you don't want and suddenly I'm complaining? All right fine. Maby your memory good? Good.
Now, to business. No, you're right. People voted for Khell. But, you see, it's hard to campaign for president when you don't actually know that you are. See, as I remember it- from the pms I just finished reading, so... five minutes ago- I asked to be captain before we even began, when i didn't know any of the rules, only trhat we'd have a captain. Everyone said yes to that, so I just... figured that I was captain. Dunno what sparked that idea though... man, I'm WACKY!!!!! Anyhoo, later, when it was just starting, Khell brought up the subject again, and I said that I was allready boss. People started voting without my awareness, through PMs, so I had no idea. I only found out when someone PMd me about it, voting for me. By then Icouldn't give my opinions or remind everyone that they'd voted me in allready. I was told after Khell was publicly deemed chief that we hadn't voted officially, so I was not boss. And, as I recall, I voiced my annoyance, but wasn't that peeved, and didn't really pursue anything angry. I just want a fair game this time, All right? Is that so hard to ask, Ladii?
And, for the record, if you really don't want my opinions, fine. Just say so and I'll leave. Just say the word, Kay? Cool. But, I asked for better voting maby twice, so what is your problem? Seriously! I don't know or care, really if this is lady issues, just leave me out of it. All right? Cool.
And don't start with me about 'fair' ok? You showed clear favourtisme last time. Course... what do I know about 'fair' ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nataku8188
I'm deadpool. Winkies dinkies.

Tron
Sticking...

Nataku8188
To my winkie ?

Va N E L L A 13
o.o

laydiiplayette
All right, Ladi. Don't get bitchy with me, All right? I really don't need it right now. All right? cool.
Now, to business. Oh, before I begin, who's complaining? Please tell me. You open the thread, you ask us for our opinion, you get a suggestion you don't want and suddenly I'm complaining? All right fine. Maby your memory good? Good.
Now, to business. No, you're right. People voted for Khell. But, you see, it's hard to campaign for president when you don't actually know that you are. See, as I remember it- from the pms I just finished reading, so... five minutes ago- I asked to be captain before we even began, when i didn't know any of the rules, only trhat we'd have a captain. Everyone said yes to that, so I just... figured that I was captain. Dunno what sparked that idea though... man, I'm WACKY!!!!! Anyhoo, later, when it was just starting, Khell brought up the subject again, and I said that I was allready boss. People started voting without my awareness, through PMs, so I had no idea. I only found out when someone PMd me about it, voting for me. By then Icouldn't give my opinions or remind everyone that they'd voted me in allready. I was told after Khell was publicly deemed chief that we hadn't voted officially, so I was not boss. And, as I recall, I voiced my annoyance, but wasn't that peeved, and didn't really pursue anything angry. I just want a fair game this time, All right? Is that so hard to ask, Ladii?
And, for the record, if you really don't want my opinions, fine. Just say so and I'll leave. Just say the word, Kay? Cool. But, I asked for better voting maby twice, so what is your problem? Seriously! I don't know or care, really if this is lady issues, just leave me out of it. All right? Cool.
And don't start with me about 'fair' ok? You showed clear favourtisme last time. Course... what do I know about 'fair' ? roll eyes (sarcastic)
I only called it complaining, because you bring up things over and over again. I took note of your concerns the first time you said it, I don't need you to be saying it over and over again. Do you have an obsession with forms of the word b*tch. You sound like a little boy who just heard it and found out what it means. Now, I remember you saying that you wanted to be captain, and people said okay. I don't think they were voting for you, I think they were just saying, like, "Thats great". If you don't like the way I am doing things, fine, thats great, don't be a part of this is you don't want to deal with me.

life is cruell
Laydii how many more votes for a restart do you need so we can get the inferno going???

laydiiplayette
I don't think that that is really an issue. I think that most people want it to restart. Its just a matter of getting people together to start it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>