Will of the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
In Episode I, if it is the will of the force for Qui Gon to meet Anakin, then it stands to reason that the will for the force was for Anakin to be trained as a jedi, then does it also stand to reason that the will of the force was for Anakin to fall to the Dark Side and destroy the Jedi Order?

DeVi| D0do
Possibly. But then it would also have been the will of the Force for him to return to the light and restore balance to the Force thus making the prophecy true.

In the Episode III novel it speaks of Obi-Wan leaving Anakin limb-less and burning on Mustafar so that the 'will of the Force' would decide his fate.

I think the Force had an idea of what was to happen with Anakin but when Palpatine came along he screwed everything up for the poor old Force and it had to rethink its strategies... But in the end it came through...

Good ol' Force huh?

But perhaps it was all in 'the Force's plan for Palpatine to turn Anakin to the Darkside in which he would then have the power and position to destroy the Sith... or maybe not.

confused

jango fat
To be able to kill ur enemy u have to understand him

DarkYoda
Originally posted by jango fat

In this case I tend to agree with you... but not in all cases...

jango fat
yeah, that's right too

chilled monkey

Good point, but I find it hard to imagine that it was 'the will of the Force' for thousands of Jedi to die.

Yes, I know about 'the greater good' and so on, but still.

DiamondBullets

Tru dat. "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." -Sun Tzu

General Zodiac
The Will of the Force is hard to understand. It guides you but you also control it.

Red Superfly
Will of the Force - to destroy both The Old Jedi and The Sith because they both f*cked up. Luke brings in the new Jedi which have the right idea.

jango fat
YEAH, i like that

Vanquish
Ya but the will of the force has nothing to do with the clones, which were responsible for the destruction of the Jedi's (except for a few that either vader or palps killed) So the will of the force and the chosen one prophecy has nothing to do with the destruction of the Jedi's.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Vanquish
Ya but the will of the force has nothing to do with the clones, which were responsible for the destruction of the Jedi's (except for a few that either vader or palps killed) So the will of the force and the chosen one prophecy has nothing to do with the destruction of the Jedi's.

Yes it does. Chosen One saved Palpatines life, Palpatine executes Order 66.

General Zodiac
yes yes yes yes

Vanquish
Ya, I guess if you actually believe that the chosen one saved palps life LOL.

bilb
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Tru dat. "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." -Sun Tzu

I thought that was Don Corleone confused

Eleonora
Originally posted by king_arthur
In Episode I, if it is the will of the force for Qui Gon to meet Anakin, then it stands to reason that the will for the force was for Anakin to be trained as a jedi, then does it also stand to reason that the will of the force was for Anakin to fall to the Dark Side and destroy the Jedi Order?

That's an interesting question and if you want my opinion I think it was all meant to be, so that Luke could get rid of the Sith completely, which is something that probably couldn't have happened without Anakin's fall.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Vanquish
Ya, I guess if you actually believe that the chosen one saved palps life LOL.

Erm.....what does that sentence mean?

The Chosen One did save Palpatines life. Then he killed him some 20 years later.

Captain REX
PALPATINE: I owe you my life!
ANAKIN: Aw, shucks, it was nothing...shit, I just wiped out Master Windu...****! My wife's dead! Dammit! My son just cut off my arm!
PALPATINE: Gee...that sucks...
ANAKIN: Well, you SAID you owed me your life...
PALPATINE: Wait...what are you doing?! Ahhh!
*ANAKIN tosses PALPS into the shaft*

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Erm.....what does that sentence mean?

The Chosen One did save Palpatines life. Then he killed him some 20 years later.

what he means is, did anakin actually save palpatine? because like myself, he prolly believes palps could have killed windu had he wanted too.

Vanquish
Ya, that's what it meant. Just the old debate of whether palps actually did toy with Windu or not ya know. The jury is still out on that one...

((The_Anomaly))
i think he could have killed windu had he gone full out.

i mean he was hardcore against yoda, he hardly did that with windu, had he, windu would have got the force equivalent of anal.

Vanquish
Actually I don't believe that palps could have, I was simply pointing out that it is still a debatable point. Personally, I do believe that Windu beat palps outright. I have to believe that. Anakin is the main character in the movie, and it seems to me that he did very little to effect the outcome. The clones killed most of the Jedi's, and palps rose to power on his own. What the hell did Anakin do?

I have to believe that the main character had something to do with all of it. The only thing left, is that palps actually did need Anakin to save his life. I doubt Windu could beat palps, but Anakins role is totally diminished to nothing if Anakin didn't actually save palps life.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by bilb
I thought that was Don Corleone confused

Pacino made the quote famous, but it was written in China in 600 B.C. in the military strategy book "The Art of War", by Gen. Sun Tzu.

bilb
ahhh . see the net IS useful after all ! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.