Why didn't Dooku scream?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
The tough Mace was screaming like a sissy when his hand was cut off, but Dooku was surprisingly silent. I don't even remember Anakin screaming in Ep II either. Does the light saber totally seal off the nerve endings and if so, then why is Mace screaming ? Was it because he was betrayed or in pain ?

zombiesnake7
Dooku didn't scream because he was surprised.

DeVi| D0do
Because Dooku's a man. Mace is a pussy... and a drama queen.

DarkYoda
Because Dooku was Palpatine's ***** and could not speak without the master Sith's permission.

Real reason: Would anyone WANT to hear what Christopher Lee sounds like when he screams?

Edit:

Sarcastic reason: Obi-Wan was sleeping and nobody wanted to wake him up. stick out tongue

jango fat
Dooku 's a Sith. Pain is nothing to him. He has learned to bear da pain. Palpatine doen't want his apprentices to scream so they don't. It would be a disgrace for a Sith

DarkYoda
Originally posted by jango fat
Dooku 's a Sith. Pain is nothing to him. He has learned to bear da pain. Palpatine doen't want his apprentices to scream so they don't. It would be a disgrace for a Sith

Maul screamed... Vader did when a lightsaber hit his armor and when his mechanical hand was chopped off... and Palps yelled like a little sissy when he fell down the shaft of doom! Vader screamed when he caught on fire in Episode III. He screamed when he learned of Padme. He screamed when he was being put into the mechanical armor.

Therefore, your explanation means nothing! laughing

jango fat
Yeah, But Dooku's a man

Mist
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Sarcastic reason: Obi-Wan was sleeping and nobody wanted to wake him up. stick out tongue

laughing laughing laughing out loud

DarkYoda
Yeah, But Dooku's a man

I strongly feel he was missing a penis. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jango fat
C'mon Palpie=monster
Darth Maul= Zabrak
Darth Vader= machine
See i was right, men don't scream.
LOL hahahahahahahaha

DarkYoda
Palpatine is definitely human. Vader was human also... though he was more machine than man. If we have learned anything it is that the Sith are cowardly... they strike me as the type that would DEFINITELY scream when feeling pain. And like I said before... all of those characters do scream at some point. Dooku is an exception. The real reason is probably because Palpatine suppressed Dooku's scream so that Anakin would have an easier time killing him. thumb up

jango fat
Well to me they don't

DarkYoda
^edited my post above to add a few more things

jango fat
Huh? U serious?

DarkYoda
Well to me they don't

Remember... the sith are selfish... they refuse to let go of things... their power... their life... their limbs! They would not face the loss of any of these things with bravery... they would face them with anger and pain... hence the scream!

jango fat
Ok u have a point here

DiamondBullets
I'd say Windu definitely screamed out of betrayal and and suprise. He also didn't want Anakin to become a Jedi as a kid, or a Master a few days ealier---so for Anakin it was a form of revenge.

General Zodiac
Mace knew Sidious was about to zap him so he screamed.
Dooku didn't see Anakin killing him.

JKozzy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t352088.html

AmrothSkywalker
why do you keep posting this at the end of everyone's thread? Your thread isn't the only one that's gonna get action dude.

Darth_fury
he does it for pointless questions but true if all the people posted things there this would not be a forum it would be a chatsite

JKozzy
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
why do you keep posting this at the end of everyone's thread? Your thread isn't the only one that's gonna get action dude. I don't care if it's mine, I care because there are too many questions that could be answered in one or two posts that don't deserve their own thread, therefore cluttering the forum. I don't see why you need to complain multiple times when I post it, either.

Darth_fury
good point ill post there when i have a question thanks 4 lettin me know by the way

chubbychipmunk
i think they wanted dooku to look all tough u know?, then i think anakin in II did a little scream, like kind of a yell or somethingl ike that that lasted for like... a second

2Tidus!
Ok, look he screamed cause he was loosing his balance and about to fall off the window ledge. And he also screamed cause in a few miliseconds Sids would use Force Lightning on him.

jango fat
Jeez Jkozzy, stop it

Red Superfly
Palpatine used force-shut-yo-mouth on Dooku.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jango fat
hahahaha, dats so stupid

muserke
Originally posted by king_arthur
The tough Mace was screaming like a sissy when his hand was cut off, but Dooku was surprisingly silent. I don't even remember Anakin screaming in Ep II either. Does the light saber totally seal off the nerve endings and if so, then why is Mace screaming ? Was it because he was betrayed or in pain ?
Well, Dooku is actually gay and wants Anakin. That's why he got rid of Obi-Wan for the moment. To be alone with Anakin (and Plaps) but Anakin developed feelings for Obi-Wan so that pissed him off. So when Anakin cut off Dooku's hands Dooku doesn't scream because he thinks Anakin would think he's weak and can't handle a bit of pain. But Anakin cuts of his head to. End of the love story.

jango fat
hahaha, no funny at all

muserke
yes funny at all

no you're right

matreid
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

Yes, same with Anakin. cool

Anakin'sWife2
Maybe Dooku is that stupid, that he doesn't even notice it.

General Zodiac
I think he did when his lightsaber and Anakin's were by his neck.

R2D2-89
anakin just faints, dookus got a huge ego problem, and mace is just a sissy boy

Eleonora
Originally posted by zombiesnake7
he was surprised.

That's definitely an understatement laughing

ps. DY Maul doesn't scream wink

ickeris2003
the reason he didnt scream is because its in the script thats why.

Captain REX
I still think that Dooku should have said something.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Eleonora
That's definitely an understatement laughing

ps. DY Maul doesn't scream wink

Watch him when he falls down the shaft and he splits into a set of legs and a torso... he clearly screams... you as the audience just don't hear it. But his mouth opens widely in a look of horror as he falls to his doom.

Captain REX
I think he's just dead.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
I think he's just dead.
He's going to die... yeah... that's why he screams! He probably doesn't die until he hits the bottom or somehow explodes the way Palpatine did. thumb up

Dark Thor

thank you for starting this thread. i was wondering the same thing. Qui-Gon didnt screa, maul didnt scream, anakin didnt scream, Dooku didnt scream, mace screamed, ESB Luke screamed, adn ROTJ Vader didnt scream when his arm was severed

General Zodiac
Maul was sliced in 2 and Qui-Gon was stabbed. Not to many people scream for that. But when Luke got his hand cut off its "AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!'

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Dark Thor
thank you for starting this thread. i was wondering the same thing. Qui-Gon didnt screa, maul didnt scream, anakin didnt scream, Dooku didnt scream, mace screamed, ESB Luke screamed, adn ROTJ Vader didnt scream when his arm was severed

Lucas likes to mess with fanboys... that's the only real reason. And who would want to hear Dooku scream? Seriously! You know it would be lame... they probably tried it and were like... nope... not gonna happen. laughing

I guarantee you the average person is not wondering the answer to this question... hence it is Georgie boy screwing with our minds. eek!

jabbar
Originally posted by Captain REX
I still think that Dooku should have said something.

Like: "Oh f*** me sideways, you did it boy!"

General Zodiac
Dooku: Anakin...Palp is the Sith Lord. Kill him not me.

DeVi| D0do
It is below Dooku to scream or beg for mercy.

General Zodiac
.......he's a Sith Lord. They don't scream...expect Sidious getting thrown to his doom...and Vader when he got his hand sliced off by Luke.

DarkYoda
I'm telling you all... Maul did scream... don't make me pull out my DVD and make a video to prove it! eek!

General Zodiac
He went guh and then a little moan then he fell.

DeVi| D0do
I'm telling you all... Maul did scream... don't make me pull out my DVD and make a video to prove it! eek!
I'm sure he didn't... I haven't seen it in a while though, so I could be wrong, but doesn't he just make a grunt or something then fall?

DiamondBullets
Maul didn't scream, his mouth fell open due to gravity. Zabraks are naturally resistant to intense physical pain. But Agen Kolar doesn't count--he screamed like a little ****!

DarkYoda
okay... you don't hear it because the music overwhelms it... but as he falls down the shaft and he splits in two you clearly see his mouth open as if to say, "AAhhhhh!"

chilled monkey
Why Mace screamed and Dooku didn't:

Some lightsabres have adjustable power settings. Anakin's sabre was on maximum power when he fought Dooku. With Mace, he turned the power down. That's why Mace screamed; it's the same as cutting someone with a sharp blade or a dull one. Which hurts more?

dflood
off the topic a bit ,,,,,,,,but is mauls face design supposed to be a tatoo or is it eu im hearing from my brother???????????????????????????????

DiamondBullets
Yeah, they're Sith tats. Unlike Vader and Dooku--he was born into the Sith order and his devotion was absolute.

king_arthur
Dooku had a heart attack.

Cipher
Dooku was obviously too stunned to "scream".
As for Mace, he was being electrocuted! Luke, hero of the OT, didn't exactly
laugh it off himself.....

LordSorgo
Maul screamed... Vader did when a lightsaber hit his armor and when his mechanical hand was chopped off... and Palps yelled like a little sissy when he fell down the shaft of doom! Vader screamed when he caught on fire in Episode III. He screamed when he learned of Padme. He screamed when he was being put into the mechanical armor.

Therefore, your explanation means nothing! laughing

Incorrect. That makes EVERYONE a pussy except for Dooku.

Bicnarok

jango fat
yes

Cipher
Very good point, there.

LordSorgo

Vanquish
Well, actually medically speaking, it would be abnormal to scream when you get your hands chopped off. People in real life that have accidents that get limbs clearly severed off actually don't scream at all. They don't even feel it. They go into instant shock, and they feel no pain what so ever. You only feel it about a minute or two later when your brain has caught up with the fact that you are injured and you start to come out of the initial shock. So Dooku NOT screaming is actually the norm. Windu screaming like a b1tch is the thing we should be asking why.

example: My grandfather was a construction foreman overseeing the building of a new skyscraper about 30 years ago. There was a pipe with a chain running along with, and a tolerence difference made possible by a pulley on both ends of the pipe. He grabbed the pipe with both hands to move it, and the pulley broke, making the chain slap down onto the pipe, and his hands. He lost all of his fingers from the first knuckle on one hand, and his other hand was completely severed off at the wrist. He said that he didn't feel a thing, and he didn't make a peep. He simply fell to the ground looking at his bloody stumps and wondering how the hell that happened.

Creepy I know, but your body goes into shock when things like that happen. That's why often times also, people who have been shot have no idea it happened until later. Serious injuries don't hurt a bit. Minor ones hurt like a b1tch. Strange but true...

Lord Tyrant
dooku just got his hands, but mace got elbow and down

DarthLithic
I think the fact that he had 100,000 volts of evil lightening running through him helped. People do scream when electricuted. Trust me, been there, done that. And high voltage will make you scream, even if not hitting you in a vital part of your body.

jerlark386
I do concur. I wash foolish enough to grab a plug to close to the edge once. 120 volts = ouch! Only for a second, but I did have a few select words for the experience. smile

b-dan
probly cuz dooku was to busy lookin at anie crotch to feel any pain

Darth_Rankkor
he didn't scream be cause he was a true MAN. And a man holds his shit together. Or because he was to senile and he wasn't really understanding what was going on LMAO

Zabrine Qui
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
he didn't scream be cause he was a true MAN. And a man holds his shit together.

Anyone who is cowardly enough to leave the Jedi to become a sith is nowhere near being a real man.

jerlark386
I would'nt say Dooku left the jedi order because he was cowardly, but becuase the jedi order had little to offer him. Not every who uses the force is wants to live monk-like life of a jedi. And in the movie, if you're a force user there are only 2 routes given, Sith or Jedi. I think as far as villians go, he is relatively brave atleast if you compare him against the likes of grevious. Being cowardly doens't neccessarily make you evil. A cowardly person would be more than happy to contently hide under a rock. Dooku on the other hand LOOKED FORWARD to duels. Its just a matter of what motivates you. Sith = greed, lust
Jedi = desire to do good. As for why Dooku didn't scream, I think he was beyond words or voice.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I agree with Vanquish. I have seen some pretty horrible accidents involving loss of limbs and wounds getting opened up (wrong place at the wrong time) and people generally don't scream, they are in shock. Most of the time they wander around clutching their wounds in a daze. Same thing happened to me when I gashed my leg open to the bone. If they do make a sound it is usually a suprised yell at the suddeness of it all.

JLRTENJAC
he was in shock because his "Master" wanted him dead.

DeVi| D0do
The original script called for Dooku to beg for mercy but during shooting Christopher Lee thought it would not be in character for him to do that. Lucas agreed and the script was changed.

Nactous
Cause he was afraid.

JLRTENJAC
Why did the dodo die?

Moff jango
I once saw a guy lose his leg, didn't scream at all

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
Why did the dodo die?
The Dodo is not dead... It lives underground. Soon it will makes its return and conquer the Earth! You just watch!

Moff jango
Seamen hunted them all down and ate all Dodo's

king_arthur
How do you think Dooku would scream like?

Darth Nhilus
Dooku was surprised that Anakin beat him because he was expecting to win.

neo313
dooku didnt scream, he gasped in surprise like GyHoOooOOOO---!

SithHappens
Why should everyone react the same way? He was probably just like: "Well, **** me"

Moff jango
Yeah, he was shocked by Sidious's betrayal

Darth Nhilus
If you are really good at some thing and you lost easily how would you feel, the same way as dooku, he probably did not feel pain.

combat190
Because Dooku was Palpatine's ***** and could not speak without the master Sith's permission.

Real reason: Would anyone WANT to hear what Christopher Lee sounds like when he screams?

Edit:

i agree that would be scarry

combat190
Because that would draw attention to himself and he doesnt want that does he.Because hes a good boy and wishes to serve others.....NOT!!!!!!

The real reason is that the new movie wasnt good it was too corny.
For instances bad graffics in some parts,and retard line and stances, for instence obi-one standing at the ship ramp doing his gay superhero stance telling little Anie to let Padme go!!

The only reason the movie made money was because people have waited like 20 yearsto find out how vader went bad.Other wise the movie would have hadno customers!!! mad

Captain REX
That's super, Combat. Most of the crowd here will beg to differ, just to tell you now.

The Biker Scout
Why didn't Dooku scream?

RU SERIOUS? sad

Aduruth
I think the "speeches" especially anakin to obi, and vica versa, are emotional(not teary emotional, but,.....moving/inspiring) actually due to the last 20-35 min, of the move(becuase of the speeches made me watch it 98 times again.)

And dooku prolly didnt scream due to the intial shock, of either his hands getting cut off(the pain=shock) or that anakin beat him type of shock. But the real question is why didnt dooku say , "anakin wait chancallor p. is the sith lord."

Tulak Hord
Anakin looked up to Palps, he wouldn't believe the guy who cut off his arm. If you just heard that, would you believe him? In one hand, you have the one person who's been sympathetic to you, while the Jedi Council has been unfair to you. In the other, you got a sith lord who cut your arm off two years ago, I think I'd go with the old raisin.

lordofwar
I think it would of sounded awful if Dooku did scream. Mace screamed like a little girl when his hand was cut off.

chinabing
Mace screamed like a little girl when his hand was cut off.

... so did Luke, Vader, the cantina alien, Zam Wessel, Bumble the snow monster, the Acklay beast, etc., etc.

I think you entitled to scream like a baby when your hands are chopped off!

lordofwar
Mace screamed worst. He was suppose to be tough and bad ass. He screamed as if he lost his manhood.

JenR1215
I guess Dooku was more suprosed than anything. He was probably like "WTH did i do wrong??"

Tangible God
Dooku was half stoned when that shot was taken. He was probably thinking, "Yo, ow............WO HO OAH!"

chilled monkey
Originally posted by chinabing
... I think you entitled to scream like a baby when your hands are chopped off!

No offence, but think again. If your hands are chopped off you won't scream because you go into shock.

jainasolo55
Originally posted by b-dan
probly cuz dooku was to busy lookin at anie crotch to feel any pain

haha laughing

GreenIsCool22
Originally posted by Tangible God
Dooku was half stoned when that shot was taken. He was probably thinking, "Yo, ow............WO HO OAH!"

laughing lol thats funny

p.s. nice sig. stick out tongue

starwarsrules14

Agreed. Mace is one of those melodramtic fools. embarrasment

Lord Mader
He should have screamed... but it wouldnt be right for the seen lol.
Anakin holding to lightsabers to his neck while screaming in agony? I dont think so lol. Dooku was suprised also

Tangible God
Originally posted by GreenIsCool22
laughing lol thats funny

p.s. nice sig. stick out tongue TY.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Anakin holding to lightsabers to his neck while screaming in agony? I dont think so lol. Dooku was suprised also EXACTLY!

I don't know how long I argued this with Sorgo (I think) but Mace Windu screaming like a b*tch just doesn't suit his character.

spencerspider
i know y DIE ****ER DIE he sucks.anyway dooku didnt scream because he got his throat cut buddy.his head fell off.come ill show u.it cuts ur vocal chords im guessing so u cant make a sound lol that was so stupid.

Tangible God
Originally posted by spencerspider
i know y DIE ****ER DIE he sucks.anyway dooku didnt scream because he got his throat cut buddy.his head fell off.come ill show u.it cuts ur vocal chords im guessing so u cant make a sound lol that was so stupid. Yeah.....I'm gonna file this one under illiterate.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Anakin holding to lightsabers to his neck while screaming in agony? I dont think so lol. Dooku was suprised also

No he should NOT have screamed. That would have been unrealistic.

truejedi
In fact, i am really surprised that Anakin didn't scream when he lost his arm, b/c it would seem like he should say something along the lines of, this is holding me back! i am the greatest, one arm is so unfair! i hate it. I hate everbody. He should have been saying things like that, at least to stay in character.

El_NINO
wasnt DOOKU looking at Palps when he was beheaded, and im sure Anikin did scream when his arm was chopped just listen closely. As for mace well...... having BMF on his saber means nothing if he screamed like a sissy.

Decay
i think dookus jedi background and pride wouldnt let him. its just not in his character. qui gonn didnt scream either (dookus apprentice), and neither did obi wan (qui gons apprentice). and if you want to get into it neither did anakin when he turned back to the light and was hit with palpatines lightening (obi wans apprentice). maybe yoda or dooku instill their apprentices with a sence of quiet pride and acceptance for whatever happens. anakin screamed when he was burned, but he had turned his back on everything obi wan taught him. plus i think even yoda would scream from something as painful as that. in the end though i think it was a matter of shock, fear and pride. he didnt scream when it was done like mace beacause he was just stunned and couldnt rationalise that hed lost. and he didnt scream or bed after because of pride.

DarkC
Christopher Lee screaming?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Decay
i think dookus jedi background and pride wouldnt let him. its just not in his character. qui gonn didnt scream either (dookus apprentice), and neither did obi wan (qui gons apprentice). and if you want to get into it neither did anakin when he turned back to the light and was hit with palpatines lightening (obi wans apprentice). maybe yoda or dooku instill their apprentices with a sence of quiet pride and acceptance for whatever happens. anakin screamed when he was burned, but he had turned his back on everything obi wan taught him. plus i think even yoda would scream from something as painful as that. in the end though i think it was a matter of shock, fear and pride. he didnt scream when it was done like mace beacause he was just stunned and couldnt rationalise that hed lost. and he didnt scream or bed after because of pride. Every single scream, with the exception of Vader's, was made when someone got a limb cut off or when they were stabbed, rather quickly I might add.

When Anakin got burned, that was much slower. So he would scream.

ESB- 1138
Dooku didn't scream in ROTS because he is not a pussy.

DarkC
It's more to do with the actual acting really, IMO........not the characters.

spencerspider
Let me chop your head off see if you scream, especially with a burning lightsaber(are the hot)

overlord
No, when his hands were chopped off he didn't scream. But hey! New good point!!

Why didn't Dooku scream when his head got chopped off?!! COOL!!

ESB- 1138
Because Dooku died the moment the lightsabers hit his throat and he didn't have enough time to scream.

overlord
No kidding..

DeVi| D0do
Actually, being beheaded isn't an instant death. And I'm sure the cauterisation would have slowed things further...

eggmayo
Actually, being beheaded isn't an instant death. And I'm sure the cauterisation would have slowed things further...
Im sure it would have cauterized his nerve endings, actually.

spencerspider
How would you know being beheaded isn't instant?

DeVi| D0do
There was an article in the newspaper with answers to strange questions... Does beheading hurt? Yes, but how much depends on the executioner's skill.

If you don't believe me I could give you some first hand experience... big grin

overlord

Dooku always uses marihuana before going into battle, it helps him concentrate and when he got his hands cut off he felt little to no pain. Killer cool. thumb up

spencerspider
lol they really cannot tell if it hurts unless someone tells them somehow... but they have no head so

Tangible God
Anakin was zapped by lightning before, and after a quick cut was immediately blasted off his feet. He must have been used to pain at that point.

Dooku was like an 80 year old practioner of the Force who was instilled with pride, dignity and restraint, moreso than most Jedi at the time.

Mace was weakened slightly already by the effort of holding Palpatine's lightning off and had been hit shortly by it as well, he had no reserve of resiliance left to hold back a scream.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.