the most violent movie ever made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

romper_stomper
just wondering what you think are the 5 most violent movies made they dont have to be horror nessacarily heres my list in no order

sin city
bad taste
battle royale
irreversible
i spit on your grave

Gaetane
violent shit
re-animator
return of the living dead 3
day of the dead
cannibal holocaust

eggmayo
No way in hell Battle Royale, no way.

Cinemaddiction
Battle Royale was mostly weapons and CGI blood. Hell, "The Running Man" was more violent that BR, god love it.

ROTLD 3? Hilarious stuff. Nothing says violence like half a foam rubber zombie being knocked up against a sealed door.

My picks:

Saving Private Ryan
Reservoir Dogs
Scarface
Natural Born Killers
Sin City

MildPossession
Dobermann was pretty violent.

BackFire
Guinea Pig - Flower of Flesh and Blood

WindDancer
Some of the most violent films are link to action films, Italian-Westerns, and Horror. I'll go with these titles:

Hard Boiled
Riki Oh!
The Killers
Kill Bill
The Great Silence
Django
The Untold Story
Any Charles Bronson flick.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

My picks:

Saving Private Ryan
Reservoir Dogs
Scarface
Natural Born Killers
Sin City
About sums it up, I haven't seen Sin City yet, but I'll trust Cory on this one.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by WindDancer
Some of the most violent films are link to action films, Italian-Westerns, and Horror. I'll go with these titles:

Hard Boiled
Riki Oh!
The Killers
Kill Bill
The Great Silence
Django
The Untold Story

Is Hard Boiled based on the comic? That would make it pretty violent

grey fox
Rcki oh is preety col actually

WindDancer
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Is Hard Boiled based on the comic? That would make it pretty violent

To be honest I really don't know. But I think that John Woo got the inspiration for the film from police crime mangas.

whirlysplat
Straw Dogs even today its violence still stands up big grin

Dresta
god straw dogs was crap and not even that violant

Dresta
Event Horizon had some pretty gruesome and violent scenes. i can't think of many of the top of my head but i've seen loads of violent flicks.

jaden101
i thought some of the violence in dog soldiers was superb...especially when spoon starts knifing one of the werewolves and starts screaming like a mental patient while frantically stabbing it

or what about the scene in 28 days later after the 2 zombies have burst into the house and the guy is left with a cut on his arm...and then the chick just chopped him brutally with the machette...i loved that

GCG
I would have to go for:

Tha Last Boyscout and Natural Born Killers

jaden101
Cavolian

i think you need to change that now...or is it harking back to the good ol' days

GCG
latter , yes yes

or should i change that to 'Cinephilian' ?

jaden101
Originally posted by GCG
latter , yes yes

or should i change that to 'Cinephilian' ?

uuuhhh...no...its sounds a bit morally and sexually and perhaps even legally dubious

laughing

ragesRemorse
man on fire is up there

KidRock
Definetly not the most violent, but Black Hawk Down had a lot of violence and gore.

Freaky Zeeky
Predator

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City/Kill Bill

romper_stomper
just thought about another one, the manson family

Thoma5
House of the wax

LordSorgo
Originally posted by WindDancer

Hard Boiled
Riki Oh!
The Killers
Kill Bill
The Great Silence
Django
The Untold Story

You stole my list. List thief!

Although i think Riki Oh was more violent than Hard Boiled.

Murray
Sin City was pretty violent, but is was surprisingly a good movie. Kill Bill is pretty up there as well, and still an excellent film. Black Hawk Down is one of my favorite movies of all time, but it wasn't as bad as Sin City or Kill Bill

ickeris2003
sincity, kill bill & predator

ragesRemorse
Is kill bill really that violent? It's all humor. Maybe if the gore wasnt exaggerated i would understand why it would be considered overly violent.

DarkCanadian
Passion of the Christ?

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Is kill bill really that violent? It's all humor. Maybe if the gore wasnt exaggerated i would understand why it would be considered overly violent.

Nah its not really violent...alot of men get choped limb by limb, but nah its not violent roll eyes (sarcastic)

DeVi| D0do
But it's kinda done in an unrealistic way...

The beginning I'd say was violent, though... and the end of the fight with that one-eyed chick. eek!

Murray
that was f***ing awesome, but the scene in Passion of the Christ was horrible, my family couldn't watch it, unlike my b/c I can stand that stuff.

king_arthur
Bad Boys 2

Murray
Bad Boys 2 WASN"T bad compared to some other flicks!

ariwin
gummo. without a doubt.

MildPossession
Gummo definitely isn't one of the MOST violent. Violent to poor cats yes.

T.M
Scarface is quite violent yes

Originally posted by king_arthur
Bad Boys 2

really.... What the f**k?

GGgrievous725
scarface
texas chainsaw massacre
high tension
saving private ryan
godzilla films

LordSorgo
Originally posted by king_arthur
Bad Boys 2

W T F

Dresta
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
Passion of the Christ?

yes that was very gruesome the whipping scene most of all. Mel Gibson tends to overdramatize and put in too much needless violence.

Originally posted by Thoma5
House of the wax

are u serious how was that violent.

G.P
Two other possible choices : Park Chan-Wook's Sympathy for Mr Vengence and Old Boy.

whirlysplat
David Cronenbergs Crash maybe, if not the most violent certainly the most devian mainstream movie of recent years

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Disturbing, Erotic, Psychodrama, Racy, Gay/Lesbian, Infidelity, Surreal

Tagline: Love in the dying moments of the twentieth century.

Plot: This dark, moody, erotically-charged film examines the theme of sexual fetishes, and their impact on one's life.
Philandering husband James Ballard has been seriously injured in a car crash. But after bonding with Helen, the woman in the other vehicle, the two begin a sexual relationship.

Their lives are further altered after meeting kinky hospital worker Vaughn. Vaughn runs a secret club that re-enacts (to the minutest details) famous car crashes, such as the one that killed James Dean. Lovemaking between the club members follows the re-creation.

The combination of kinky sex and danger creates an unusual fetish for Vaughn, Helen, James, his wife, and others in their circle. And soon, the fetish leads to obsession for many involved...

Cinemaddiction
Cronenberg and "mainstream" are infintely contradictory, lol.

whirlysplat
Cronenberg and "mainstream" are infintely contradictory, lol. It had a full release till it bombed. unlike most of his filmsbig grin So yes it was mainstream, as was the casting of James Spader at the timebig grin

Cinemaddiction
BoxOfficeMojo.com claims its widest release was 339 theatres nationwide? I think even "eXistenz" has a more broad release.

whirlysplat
It had a pretty standard European release

whirlysplat
Existenz was almost straight to video in the UK although it was popular in Germany I believe.

liqidluv4urface
Though this movie may not be "violent" per se, it depicts some very intense physical trauma as experienced by unwilling people. That being said, it should be noted that many people willingly perform these things, just not so common in America. The movie STRANGELAND by Dee Snider is amazing in that the acts depicted in the film are very true to what people have actually done in the real world.

Cinemaddiction
Strangeland..love

bilb
Kill Bill 1 stick out tongue

ShaKoon
Jason, and The Silenc of the lambs

ravin psycho
sin city aint that violent coz its black and white! a work of genius tho!

Cannibal holocaust is the worst movie eva so ova rated!

u want a violent movie see Switchblade Romance!

House of 1000 corpses is pretty violent also!

kill bill rocks but then agen so duz tarantino!

aint sin battle royale shud i watch it?

ichi the killer is also ova rated so fake!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by ravin psycho
sin city aint that violent coz its black and white!

What the krunk are you squawking about?!?!?! 'sin city aint that violent cos its black and white'!?!?!??!?! The color of a movie does not determine its content!

By your ridiculous rationale a movie like 'House of 1000 Corpses' shouldn't be considered violent because it is basically a black comedy.

I'd have to say 'Platoon' is one of the most violent movies I've seen.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
What the krunk are you squawking about?!?!?! 'sin city aint that violent cos its black and white'!?!?!??!?! The color of a movie does not determine its content!
Indeed, that is quite absurd rationale... blink

bilb
well Schindlers List was B&W.. and I'd definitely say it is a violent movie (yes I know its really a drama but you know what I mean)

Rapscallion
I don't really see that many super-violent movies. Schindlers List was pretty violent, But it didn't have a specific violent scene that really jumps out at you, except for when their burning the corpses and the guy scoops the ashes of his car.

Saving Private Ryan might be the most violent movie I've seen. That or Akira. Akira doesn't seem too violent, but it would feel alot more violent if it were live action. At the same time the fact that it's a cartoon makes it creepier because we're not as used to seeing cartoon characters getting shot or vomiting blood.

Zilverz
Many of the Friday the 13ths are very violent. My personal favorite

Friday the 13th: Part 4 the final chapter

BackFire
Originally posted by G.P
Two other possible choices : Park Chan-Wook's Sympathy for Mr Vengence and Old Boy.

Two movies I've been meaning to see, both sound ace.

Gypsy
Natural Born Killers
Blair Witch 2
Kill Bill
Most of the Zombie flicks are pretty gruesome, but I don't know if they qualify for the most violent film catagory.
Gypsy
sick

jaden101
zatoichi was pretty violent...some nice gore in it

evildeaddesigns
House of 1000 corpses is pretty hardcore

EmceeMart
I guess it depends on one's definition of violence:

Or the amount of percieved violence in any given movie.

Natural Born Killers is obviously violent from beginning to end - but the movie still has great merit, the story explains the reason(s) for all the violence (from Rodney Dangerfield's portrayal of the abusive father - to the media manipulation of the main protagonists).

Movies that have been mentioned in this thread that struck a chord with me are:
Saving Private Ryan
American History X
Passion of Christ (I haven't seen it yet but I have had first-hand reports from folks who have)
Scarface

I think there is a difference between gore and violence (gore being the result, violence being the cause).

Straw Dogs, The Wild Bunch & Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia by Sam Peckinpah were considered "violent" in their day (not by today's standards maybe).

Of course just about anything that Quinten Tarrantino has a hand in is bound to be violent and gory! (I love his movies) Dusk Till Dawn .... heehee

Marathon Man was particularly violent in many ways (I still have dentist phobia to this day!).

As a conclusion I would submit Tom and Jerry (and the Simpsons parody Itchy and Scratchy).

Then again there is real life, but who wants to go there? smile

asoylentorange
The part in American History X where Ed Norton stomps the guy's head on the curb - I have a stomach and nerves of STEEL and that was one of the only violent moments in a film that really "got to me."

I'll cast my vote for Sin City although I haven't seen some of the other films everyone is talking about - Sin City is the only one I know of to show someone ripping off someone's balls and someone chopping off all of a guy's limbs and then letting him get eaten by a dog. Mm, I'm getting kind of hungry all of a sudden.

EsteemedLeader
That scene from Rainman (the one with Matt Damon, not the comedic drama) where he beats the guy in the kitchen and they destroy everything, and then hearing her club the guy in the head, that was pretty violent.

Conan the Destroyer had a lot of violence, more than Conan the Barbarian did, and Barbarian had decapatations. The fight against the pseudo-god where they rip his horn off is awesome.

The number 1 most violent movie of all time has to be:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. one guy was crushed by a cow, one guy had a sword thrown through his head, a plagued village, a guy gets all of his limbs hacked off, a small army gets decapitated, and of course the scene where Launcelot kills nearly everyone in the castle. real hardcore violence.

EmceeMart
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
The number 1 most violent movie of all time has to be:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. one guy was crushed by a cow, one guy had a sword thrown through his head, a plagued village, a guy gets all of his limbs hacked off, a small army gets decapitated, and of course the scene where Launcelot kills nearly everyone in the castle. real hardcore violence.

You forgot the Killer Rabbit. smile

Solo
Kill Bill Volume 1
Sin City
Saving Private Ryan

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by EmceeMart
You forgot the Killer Rabbit. smile

"a small army gets decapitated"

what else could that be but the rabbit? big grin

Bicnarok
Blade has the best action voilence and effects in my opionion, brilliant.

Family_guy725
scarface,sin city, saving private ryan, holy grail

Dresta
Originally posted by ravin psycho
sin city aint that violent coz its black and white! a work of genius tho!

Cannibal holocaust is the worst movie eva so ova rated!

u want a violent movie see Switchblade Romance!

yes i've seen that it was pretty disgusting wasn't it.

Impediment
Probably the most violent movie I've ever seen is We Were Soldiers. That movie was brutally violent with the realistic war-gore. The part that made me shudder and cringe out loud was when that Japanese guy got caught in the napalm and the meat on his legs came peeling off like a banana. I was also proud to serve in the same battalion as those soldiers, Alpha 2/7 CAV Infantry when I was stationed at Ft. Hood.

hm_chevygirl90
so what is up

hm_chevygirl90
that movie is cool we were soldiers

Mandorallen
Battle Royale was mostly weapons and CGI blood. Hell, "The Running Man" was more violent that BR, god love it.

ROTLD 3? Hilarious stuff. Nothing says violence like half a foam rubber zombie being knocked up against a sealed door.

My picks:

Saving Private Ryan
Reservoir Dogs
Scarface
Natural Born Killers
Sin City

that sounds about right.

Dwight_McCarthy
Ah yeah, I got this list down PAT!

I Spit on your Grave

Sin City

Land of the Dead (not a GREAT movie, but violent as hell)

War of the Worlds Spielberg remake (think about it: they show the aliens spraying human blood by the tons all over the place.)

The Last House on the Left

Desperado

Hard Boiled

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dog Soldiers

Fight Club

Pieces

Cannibal Holocaust

Day of the Dead

House of 1000 Corpses

The Devil's Rejects
These movies were not put in any specific order and were put on the list not for the ammount of blood, 'cause we all know that that doesn't count for much, but in terms of realism and general violence.

JenR1215
Sin City!!!!

The Passion of the Christ (im not really sure if it's the most violent but i crenged a lot.)

GreenFist
Sin City and KILL BILL mostly anything that Deal with QT

Juliet Echo
Originally posted by GCG
I would have to go for:

Tha Last Boyscout and Natural Born Killers

i forgot about natural born killers, good choice, but the last boyscout......???????? compared with even 'kill bill v.2' that was nothing by way of violence.

if you want to keep a bruce willis movie in this catagory, try "last man standing".....much more violent than LBS.

JenR1215
it's not the most violent, but it's a little bloody for my taste.

The Messenger

Pepito
28 days later
kill bill
Hellraiser
Fight Club (for realism)

house
the toxic avenger big grin

Chazwazzer
Punisher Warzone

MildPossession
^ That's on my rentals.

Another to add is one mentioned in the Horror section, a film called Martyrs. It's got a whole section that is about 15-20 minutes long of continuous torture. Excellent French film though.

Impediment
I just recently re-watched Saving Private Ryan. I forgot how very violent it is. Still, it's a wonderful movie.

Horror-wise? I'd definitely have to go with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. The violence is all too real.

MildPossession
I was really quite disappointed when I first saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Saw it only last year for the first time.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
Horror-wise? I'd definitely have to go with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. The violence is all too real.

I'll have to add that to my rental list.

jinXed by JaNx
Inside is worth mentioning. That has some of the best gore

Nemesis X
I think the Friday the 13th movies are most violent. What Jason does is incredibly gory and awesome.

If Marvel Studios ever thinks about making an R rated Wolverine movie then that would be the most violent movie ever made.

MildPossession
Inside is fantastic.

Nordicdusk
Originally posted by BackFire
Guinea Pig - Flower of Flesh and Blood

I gotta agree 100% with that.

The Nuul
Romper Stomper.

Nemesis X
Treevenge

MildPossession
Ha ha!!

jinXed by JaNx
i just saw, End of the Line. That movie has some nice gore and a great story.

bzuka
hostel and well of dead brains

Tattoos N Scars
Saving Private Ryan was violent, along with several other war films...Thin Red Line, Hamburger Hill, Platoon, etc..

300 was very graphic as well.

Darth Martin
Saving Private Ryan's opening was one of the most violent I've witnessed.

wicker_man
High School Musical - Seriously you'd have a Clockwork Orange moment watching that.

MildPossession
That's incredibly violent to the face, all that cringing. Never again. On the plus side, I might have lost a bit of weight from my face because of the amount of cringing, some nice facial exercise there.

celestialdemon
Ichi the Killer

OnlyCoolMovies
Without a doubt, Irreversible. Not only the most violent but also the most disturbing.

Darth Martin
Sin City? Man On Fire? Did I miss something?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.