Which K0T0R do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AmrothSkywalker
Which K0T0R did you like better you had all better vote for the first one or I'll sick master Vandar on you. no pressure.

matreid
Number 1. Hands down. smokin'

Fishy
1.) Hands down and it will easily win this poll like it did in the last thread about this..

Emperor Revan
Kotor 1 is far better IMO because (not really in any order)

1. Better story

2. Better plot twist

3. Better music

4. Better characters

5. A feeling of galactic importance, like its fate rests on your shoulders.

6. Bastila

7. Awesome ending leaving you with the feeling that you have everything you could ever want.

8. KOTOR 1 was much funnier

9. No stupid random items.

10. Better head choices.

Nactous
KotOR one is perfect. No ifs ands or buts.
Better worlds, and set more on a galactic grand scale. Wider view of things. Favorite game of all yime.

Nactous
"yime"
I ment time. sorry.

Emperor Revan
Yes I forgot to add better planets in my list. And you also feel much more powerful in KOTOR 1. In KOTOR 1 you can plough through the Sith academy on Korriban or the Star Forge killing dozens of Dark Jedi and Sith apprentices with ease whereas in KOTOR 2 you can be killed by 10 soldiers that have blasters.

AmrothSkywalker
So I guess everyone likes the first one better. Hooray!!!!!

Darth_Janus
I disagree.

While KOTOR I was more polished, made by a bigger company with a better timelimit and a bigger budget, it was horribly lacking. Let me explain:

-I hated replaying the game, taking up to FOUR HOURS to clear Taris before I could be a damn Jedi.

- Party AI was worthless.

- The battle system was imbalanced compared to KOTOR II and fights were either too short or you were dead.

- No jedi robes worth writing home about.

- Horrible lack of unique items and worthwhile items.

- Lots of running all over planets for simple, inane missions.

- Lack of making your own items and upgrades.

- No Obi-Wan beared face model.

- Playing as Revan actually really sucks. He's a better NPC I believe.

- More feats and powers in KOTOR II, and a higher level cap, meaning you can actually GET most of the feats and powers you want.

- No reason for most of the skill points in KOTOR I.

- Fewer characters, and less reason to use most of them.

- There is absolutely no reason to use guns in the game, unlike KOTOR II.

- Better dialogue options for your leader in KOTOR II.

Now, the sequel had its share of bugs, faults, and lack of content... But since the game itself was pushed up (cutting a whole planet -large one, too, I might add- as well as the official ending and other content) I rank it not only on its current merit but on what it could have been. Now, don't get me wrong... I love the storyline and character interaction in KOTOR I. I actually like a lot of things better about the first that the second dropped the ball on. Let me list them...

- Excellent character interaction.

- A reason to talk to your teammates more than once.

- A complete ending with an excellent dramatic effect, etc.

- More planets.

- Bastila.

- And some other stuff I can't recall because my copy frags every time I get to Dantooine... So like, I haven't rebeaten the game in almost two years.

JLRTENJAC
KOTOR 2'S STORY SUCKS

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I disagree.

While KOTOR I was more polished, made by a bigger company with a better timelimit and a bigger budget, it was horribly lacking. Let me explain:

-I hated replaying the game, taking up to FOUR HOURS to clear Taris before I could be a damn Jedi.

- Party AI was worthless.

- The battle system was imbalanced compared to KOTOR II and fights were either too short or you were dead.

- No jedi robes worth writing home about.

- Horrible lack of unique items and worthwhile items.

- Lots of running all over planets for simple, inane missions.

- Lack of making your own items and upgrades.

8. No Obi-Wan beared face model.

- Playing as Revan actually really sucks. He's a better NPC I believe.

- More feats and powers in KOTOR II, and a higher level cap, meaning you can actually GET most of the feats and powers you want.

- No reason for most of the skill points in KOTOR I.

- Fewer characters, and less reason to use most of them.

- There is absolutely no reason to use guns in the game, unlike KOTOR II.

- Better dialogue options for your leader in KOTOR II.

I'll respond just for the heck of it.

1. It took a while to become a Jedi but you still got your lightsaber WAY earlier than in 2.

2. I don't think so but whatever.

3. Didn't notice anything like that. I was probably distracted by the repetitiveness of the enemies in KOTOR 2, droids and Sith assassins constantly.

4. Robes were way better in 2 but you still got Revan's robes at the end of 1 which kick ass.

5. On the contrary, I thought 1 had way better items and I hated the randomness of 2.

6. True but 2 definitely had it too. Being the errand boy for Czerka or the Ithorians was retarded, constantly getting shot down, and having to prove yourself to the Mandalorians for instance, to get them to only to have to prove a man's innocence, just to get him to set up a meeting is pretty inane. I'd say they're equal in this category.

7. Yeah, that was way more fun and made the difference to me. (sarcasm)

8. Got me there.

9. I sure don't think so.

10. More powers and feats but most were stupid IMO and I would basically get the same feats from KOTOR 1. As for the level cap, it was much more realistic in 1, and more like the RPG game.

11. Too true. They still didn't have a lot of purpose though. a 2 on security would open almost everything.

12. 2 had more characters but most were annoying, boring, weak or all of the above. And 4 of them conveniently are Force sensitive but need your help to awaken their ability. Too unrealistic I thought. 1 had a much better crew of characters.

13. Yeah I guess, but most people want to use a lightsaber.

14. I totally disagree with that. 1 had WAY better dialogue options for everything in general. Much funnier ones too.

Atlantis001

darth yoda
number 1 all the way no question

Tulak Hord
KOTOR 1! KOTOR 1!

Nactous
Kotor 1 should be dipped in gold. There are so many movie snoobs in the Episode 3 forums. They think just because it's not in the movie they think its not Star Wars, well there fools.

Tulak Hord
Amen to that. They all think the Movies are Canon and EU is not.

Nactous
EU is Star Wars and Kotor is better than all of the prequels combined. Vader 476 will STRONGLY disagree. We passed a few death threats around about the subject.

Tulak Hord
Well, Ep 3 was kinda better than KOTOR, because it was darker, from a certain point of view. You can make KOTOR as dark as you want, but you can't slaughter younglings. You can only kick the one off your ship, and that's kinda cruel.

Nactous
Hold on Tulak, these things can lead to insults, se E 3 forums for details. ROTS is good but its just a movie, Kotor is an experiance. Why see something when you can control it.

Tulak Hord
This is a truth. And it's never the same way twice. Maybe it's "The Duel" That got me to like ep 3 more than KOTOR, but by just a tiny fraction.

Nactous
Stay loyal to the game and well have no problems.

Tulak Hord
I'll always be loyal to KOTOR. It's got a better badass. To choose between a jawless sith and a whiney little person who wants to save his wife, I choose jawless sith.

AmrothSkywalker
Who is the whiney little person?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

I didn't like it either, but I felt the gameplay was more polished in doing so than KotOR II, that entire game was repetitive and sometimes gratuitous.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Party AI was worthless.

Definitely, the AI was lacking; but it's a trend you see in both games.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - The battle system was imbalanced compared to KOTOR II and fights were either too short or you were dead.

I agree with this. KotOR II had the luxury of feedback off KotOR I and was able to produce a more balanced battle system. I heavily dislike the queue system.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - No jedi robes worth writing home about.

I wouldn't go so far to complain about the robes, but they were a bit bland.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Horrible lack of unique items and worthwhile items.

I disagree, I felt that KotOR had enough of these items that it made you want to complete the task; KotOR II was the one where it became tedious and repetitive.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Lots of running all over planets for simple, inane missions.

True with both games, so I wouldn't isolate the first one. Inane missions that really didn't contribute much to the grand design and felt like place holders did seem to annoy me.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Lack of making your own items and upgrades.

Yes, I suppose this was a nuisance, but some of the items in KotOR II were completely unnecessary and just random.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - No Obi-Wan beared face model.

Are you seriously complaining about this? :-P

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Playing as Revan actually really sucks. He's a better NPC I believe.

He could have been more intriguing as a PC; but I felt the way they set up Revan's character was lacking, they could have made the entire game more balanced.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - More feats and powers in KOTOR II, and a higher level cap, meaning you can actually GET most of the feats and powers you want.

I felt the limitations were good ones; for me, they added challenge to the game.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - No reason for most of the skill points in KOTOR I.

I agree with this.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Fewer characters, and less reason to use most of them.

I've been annoyed by some characters in both games; personally, I don't feel it's an aspect that would be too much of a turn off.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - There is absolutely no reason to use guns in the game, unlike KOTOR II.

There are niches and small bits of purpose for guns; but the lightsaber trumps them, like it SHOULD. You could use a gun, but it'll be far more wise and likely more fun to use a saber.

Originally posted by Darth_Janus - Better dialogue options for your leader in KOTOR II.

I disagree, I felt KotOR's dialogue was pretty well executed, if not very deep.

Both games had some high points; but to say KotOR II is better than KotOR I would be going against popular opinion. The original, IMO, had far better storyline, characters, and the fun factor of its gameplay was definitely there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.