Mace Windu couldn't kill Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
The prophecy stated that the chosen one would destroy the Sith and bring the force back into balance. If Mace killed Sidious before Anakin arrived, the prophecy would be untrue. Its almost that fate saved Sidious from dying at the hands of Mace. Mace could under no circumstances kill Sidious. It just could not possibly happen.

Mist
yeah he couldve..all he had to do was stab...

Ken Kenobi
Don't get all philosophical.

He could have, but he had to go on and make his speech, he hesitated.

((The_Anomaly))
Humm...

interesting, i never thought of this before...

perhaps Windu couldn't have ever killed palps because of the will of the force...

interesting...

meditate on this, I will...

Tulak Hord
Windu couldn't have killed him because it wasn't in the script.

matreid
Originally posted by Mist

yes

General Zodiac
The chosen one will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force.
Sith= Sidious
Chosen One= Anakin
Conclusion= Mace couldn't have killed Sidious.

Mist
dont be so blind dammit, a few seconds more and mace woulda stabbed palps if he hadnt recited Halle Berry's oscar speech....

Tulak Hord
He couldn't kill palps because it's not in the script! ALL HAIL THE SCRIPT! THE SCRIPT KNOWS ALL!

Darth Somebody
Well, in all actuality, I believe Mace could have. But it's like cheating death. Just because one is capable of doing something, doesn't mean one actually DOES it.

Maybe Mace could have killed Palpatine. But obviously, it was Anakin who was MEANT to. So, the Force worked it's mystic vodoo, and made sure that it was Mace who died - instead of Palpatine.

Of course, we're not all sure if Palpatine was toying with Mace or not. Who knows?

LordSorgo

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

IF HE DIDN'T ARCH HIS ARMS UP LIKE A SLOW FOOL, AND JUST QUICKLY STABBED, IT WOULD ALL BE OVER!

I need more Coffee.

((The_Anomaly))
mace is an idiot

Ogami Itto
the prophecy- may have bin "misread"

mysterio69
nah. palpy woulnd't let an idiot like mace off him. if anakin tripped and sprained his ankle or something on the way to his chambers, palpy would've just blasted mace outta the window in the end anyway. if you were a sith lord, would you let samuel l. jackson stop you? christ, you'd never hear the end of it.

Apex512
dont be so blind dammit, a few seconds more and mace woulda stabbed palps if he hadnt recited Halle Berry's oscar speech....

laughing yes

Dirty Vader
The King and General bring fair points. The prophecy does indeed banish Mace from killing Palpatine.

That's why I hate the idea of a prophecy in star wars. I feel it should never have been brought up.

Gunship Pilot
But what keeped interesting the prophecy was that "misread" thing that yoda said...everybody until that moment thought: "ok...we just need to chill and wait until anakin comes and save the day once and for all"...

yoda gave an interesting change of perspective to the whole plot...

Red Superfly
Palpatine was blinded by the shine glinting off of Mace's bald head, he had loads of time to kill him.

Tulak Hord
NOT-IN-SCRIPT blink

jango fat
Why sidious did like he was losing
1. In the beginning Sidious fights superior to Mace
2. From the moment we see Ani leave from da temple Sidious fights less good.
3. Just when Ani enters the room he gets defeated.

He knew what would happen. He felt it in the force

LordSorgo
Why do people still say Anakin was the chosen one?

Yeah, of course he was.... Chosen to f*ck everyone's shit up.

Cipher
Palpatine was too much of a bad-ass for Mace....

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Why do people still say Anakin was the chosen one?
How is he not the chosen one? confused

Cipher
Right. Hasn't Lucas said as much?

Also, it should be obvious......

DeVi| D0do
Yes, he has

and yes, it is...

Cipher
Good.

I was worried I might be the only one who realized that.......

Valar Melkor

This is absolutely correct. Try and forget ths bias most of you have towards the Jedi. It makes perfect sense. Sidious was beating Windu in the beginning. When Anakin left, he began to lose ground. Its too coincidental not to be true. People are going to say how did he know? He used the force, fools. Just like Yoda used the force to detect the death of hte Jedi. Oh its Yoda, so i guess its ok? But really, Jango is speaking truth here. Heed it, it makes sense!
Im just waiting for someone to argue this, because they are most certainly going to...Bring on the lame excuses, Windu-lovers!

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Valar Melkor

This is absolutely correct. Try and forget ths bias most of you have towards the Jedi. It makes perfect sense. Sidious was beating Windu in the beginning. When Anakin left, he began to lose ground. Its too coincidental not to be true. People are going to say how did he know? He used the force, fools. Just like Yoda used the force to detect the death of hte Jedi. Oh its Yoda, so i guess its ok? But really, Jango is speaking truth here. Heed it, it makes sense!
Im just waiting for someone to argue this, because they are most certainly going to...Bring on the lame excuses, Windu-lovers!

Right indeed. And about the prophecy, in the beggining they were talking about the chosen one to bring balance to the force then, later did they started babbling about the chosen destroy the sith. But he did brought balance in the end. 2 Jedi remained and 2 sith. And that's that

LordSorgo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
How is he not the chosen one? confused

Well, he killed a couple million people. That could be one reason. Although a ton of people speculate that Luke is the chosen one. I am one.

Red Superfly
Anakin is the chosen one.

He killed the emperor. Ah not this debate AGAIN!

dark_apokolips
Originally posted by General Zodiac
The chosen one will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force.
Sith= Sidious
Chosen One= Anakin
Conclusion= Mace couldn't have killed Sidious.
no no no, it goes like this,
sith=sidious
chosen one= LUKE
con.=Mace could have because anakin was fated to become a sith regardless. and besides, luke destroyed the sith, not anakin.

matreid
No, Anakin did. He killed Palps.

dark_apokolips
yes, but luke brought out the good in him, CAUSING him to kill palps

Apex512
So Luke was a factor in Anakin's fate the same way Padme was.

FallenForever
the prophecy said that the chosen one would bring balance to the force not help the chosen one do it

so duh luke is not the chosen one

and i think the emperor was bluffing. he coulda killed mace as soon as he swung. he was just trying to convince anakin to come to the dark side

so, mace couldnt have killed him

Kenpokarate 2
So are you people telling me that a Sith Lord wouldnt strike a Jedi down? Lets see ... I am going to kill three Jedi but leave one alive to **** with? ****ing please ... If Sidious could he would have struck Mace Windu down but he couldnt. Mace Windu was to good of a swordsman to let that happen.

Sidious was fighting the same way all through the battle. Maybe Sidious underestimated Mace Windu and thats why he lost so easily I dont know. Maybe if Mace Windu didnt hesitate he would have been able to kill Sidious. We dont know... The only thing we do know is that Sidious lost to Mace Windu in a battle and Anakin punked Mace Windu like a little ***** and Sidious quit playing possum and gave it to Mace.

Jesus ****ing Christ quit with this ****ing thread. How many times do you nOObs have to discuss the same ****ing thing over and over again? Everytime I ask myself why I quit coming to this website, its dumbass threads like this that make me realize why!

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by FallenForever
the prophecy said that the chosen one would bring balance to the force not help the chosen one do it

so duh luke is not the chosen one

and i think the emperor was bluffing. he coulda killed mace as soon as he swung. he was just trying to convince anakin to come to the dark side

so, mace couldnt have killed him

Anakin was already turning to the freaking Dark Side. Have you not watch watched Episode 2 where he butt rapes the Tusken Raiders? Did you not watch Anakin ****ing behead Count Dooku? Did you not see Anakin NOT kill Palps. when he found out he was the Sith Lord?

No Mace couldnt have killed him because 4-5-6 dictate that there has to be a emperor. Thats like asking if Anakin had to become Darth Vader. It wouldnt be much of a story line if the Emperor got slashed down from one of the greatest Jedi Knights the Order has ever seen.

Captain REX
Kenpokarate, please hush. You have no right to be throwing the word noob about.

Originally posted by dark_apokolips
no no no, it goes like this,
sith=sidious
chosen one= LUKE
con.=Mace could have because anakin was fated to become a sith regardless. and besides, luke destroyed the sith, not anakin.

Incorrect.

Sidious was a Sith, Anakin the Chosen One. Anakin was not fated to become a Sith Lord, it just happened! Sidious took Anakin down a path that wasn't planned, but the Force went along with it, and ended up having Anakin toss Sids into a shaft.

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by Captain REX
Kenpokarate, please hush. You have no right to be throwing the word noob about.

Incorrect.

Sidious was a Sith, Anakin the Chosen One. Anakin was not fated to become a Sith Lord, it just happened! Sidious took Anakin down a path that wasn't planned, but the Force went along with it, and ended up having Anakin toss Sids into a shaft.

I have every right to 'throw' it around because that what you ****ing people are. You see Sidious with a lightsabre and you already want to start sucking his Sith deformed Derogatory Comment Removed! Im sick of it. He lost to Mace Windu in a lightsabre battle. Get over it

Ken Kenobi
Calm down and quit throwing the F-Bomb around like it's nothing.

BTW You just called a moderator who's been here for nearly 4 years a "****ing noob". Watch the language and member bashing from now on. This is your first warning, if I continue seeing these types of comments I will have you banned.

Ast Rofan
Breath in, and breath out, it will be alright. big grin

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by king_arthur
The prophecy stated that the chosen one would destroy the Sith and bring the force back into balance. If Mace killed Sidious before Anakin arrived, the prophecy would be untrue. Its almost that fate saved Sidious from dying at the hands of Mace. Mace could under no circumstances kill Sidious. It just could not possibly happen.

or its cause GL made the old trilogy first, so of course mace couldnt kill him, it would affect the old trilogy

Captain REX
Geez, that's appalling. Thanks, Ken. messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.