Tarkin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
Here's another probably Ep2 character we haven't discussed in a while. What do you think his role will be and who do you think will play him? I'd like to see him played by Ralph Finnes.

King Jedi
I think Gabriel Byrne or Robert Carlyle. I think the character will be on the Republic side to start off with but will quickly change when the Empire is formed. I think he will be a very complex character, always changing sides.

tainted one
in Rogue Planet by Greg Bear, Wilhuff Tarkin has a substantial role. he manipulated people almost as effortlessly as palpatine, and admits his allegience to palpatine as chancellor. he even discovers plans for a huge round space station prepared by an engineer (i forget the names, i read the book a while ago), and you can almost see the gears turning in his head. he is sent to do some nasty stuff by palpatine. you can see a relationship forming. he hints that the future of the Republic (soon-to-be Empire) is humans. Not alien creatures and certainly not droids (meaning the coming clones i think). a good book. i hope he finds a place in II and III. he's been one of the more interesting characters that never quite get enough screen time (probably because he died, but still . . .)

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't think we will see Tarkin as early as Ep. II but we should definitely see him during the III episode.

Xizor
Perhaps he gets minor time in Ep2 as one of Palpy's loyalist and deadliest followers. Maybe he could lead the space attack during the clone wars(fighting for the clones). In Ep3 he should have a larger role as the military commander of the new Empire, or he has something to do with the death star prototype. Anyway, Bryne would be cool too, I was holding out hope on him being cast as Thrawn. The guys not as thin, evil and emancipated as Finnes.

Dim
I could see Robert Carlyle in the role. He's got that gaunt onery look.

Xizor
Yes, he's be very good. Do you know who Coloin Hanks is?

Dim
...Is in Roswell, Tom Hanks' son...I don't know what he looks like though.

Xizor
I spelled it wrong, Colin. I dodn't know who he is but I was told he's play a good Tarkin.

Dim
hmmmmmmm...he was on the short list for anakin ya know.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
interesting...

Xizor
Man, i didn't know that either. Want to tell more more about him if you know who he is, and what he's been in? If he was being considered for Ani though I doubt he'd be good playing the evil 30 something Tarkin in Ep2-3.

Dim
Yeah I think he's only 22, so him being Tarkin probably won't pan out...
I still haven't found a pic of him...but the fact that he was up for Anakin kind of speaks for itself

He was in "That Thing You Do" as a male page...(you'd think he could have gotten a bigger role considering it was his dad's pet project). He was also in Whatever it Takes...He played someone named Cosmo if that helps...I haven't seen either one of the movies..

UnknownBountyHunter
Haven't we covered the Colin Hanks scenario? If not, I think he might be too young for the job. I think a 30 year old is adequate for Ep.II or III.

Xizor
Fiennes is 35, guant, hatchet faced and mean. He's a great actor who could esily pick up Tarkins mannerisms and accent. Bryne is 43, and I don't know about Carlyle but I'm guessing between 27-33.

theEviljedi
Definitely Gabriel B.

Xizor
I'd take Bryne as Tarkin in a second if I wasn't still holding out in my dream of seeing him play Thrawn.

theEviljedi
Xizor I thought you didn't like the books?Anyway go to the Jedi Council Forum I added something about us.Tell me if you like the idea.

Xizor
Me not like the books? What are you talkin about?

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
I think Tim Roth would make a great Tarkin. I must say Finnes and Byrne sound good too.

theEviljedi
On the JC you said you hate books unlike KJ.

Xizor
It's the opposite of that. I love him KJ hates em. Tim Roth would be a great Tarkin. Did anyone see him in Rob Roy with Neeson? He was great.

TLeeT2012
Tim Roth would be really cool as Tarkin. Byrne also. either one would be great!!!

Dim
I love Tim Roth. He's like the dorky sleazo that you just want to knock the crap out of...I think I would rather see him as Tarkin then Bryne..

King Jedi
I still say Robert Carlyle. I saw him last week at a petrol station so he isn't with Lucas just now, but I'm still hoping.

Dim
Oh yeah...He's my first choice but then it's Tim Roth. Maybe he could have just done a few days of work...

I've never seen anyone famous...at least not that I recognized.

King Jedi
Carlyle is a big Star Wars fan and said that his ambition for the new millenium was to be in a Star Wars film. Hopefully Lucas saw this and asks him. Telling the press that you want to be in Star Wars worked for Samuel L Jackson who's next film stars him and.......yes, Robert Carlyle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.