Let's Twist Again ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Hello all,

Hmmm ... it seems that things are getting a bit too "cosy" around here for my liking. We've all become far too complacent of late; it seems that, these days, all we do {for the most part} is post in existing threads that have been around for months now! SO ... I guess it's time then for a new thread to shake things up around hyah ...

Out of interest, what do you guys think is the biggest twist from the entire James Bond film series? I should really clarify here by saying that I'm referring to actual twists, rather than just shocks {e.g. Tracy Bond's death in "OHMSS", whilst gruesome and shocking, was surely a moment that we could all see coming - after all, Bond was hardly gonna stay married for long, was he?}.

If you wish, you may include any of the James Bond films for discussion here, even the so-called "non-canon" entries like "never say never again" {hell, I don't know about you guys, but I was certainly shocked when I saw that Felix Leiter had become black all of a sudden stick out tongue }.

Oh, and one more thing: I realise that, especially for hard-core Bond fans such as ourselves, it must be difficult for us to still be "blown away" by a twist that we've probably re-watched about 50 times, and that we first saw when we were around 10! But please - really try and put yourselves back into that same frame of mind that you had when you saw the film in question for the first time ...

Here's my two cents: in recent terms, how about the moment from "DAD" when it was revealed that Gustav Graves was, in fact, the presumed dead Colonel Moon eek! ?

I await your opinions. Let the discussion begin!

yerssot
you're right, it aint easy if you know them by heard. But one of the twists I liked was Alec "rising" from the dead and becoming Janus.
Certainly cause you saw Ouromov with his gun practicly against his head, no escape possible. I thought the main enemy would just be Xenia and Ouromov and not Alec... with DAD I saw it more comming since they did that trick in GE

silver_tears
Yerss' is very good, I did not see that coming at all......
I also didn't see the Elektra King thing happening embarrasment

yerssot
ah yes, that was a very good one too. Especially cause her cut-off ear got her off the hook... and her explanation to Bond the second time yes
good job silver eek!

Originally posted by silver_tears
Yerss' is very good, I did not see that coming at all......
naughty

silver_tears
I'm a pro smokin'

yerssot
at what? wink

silver_tears
Many things actually hmm

yerssot
could you make a list?

silver_tears
What for? ninja

yerssot
to dazzle me wink

silver_tears
Haven't I already? flirt

yerssot
this is to dazzle me even when you're not around wink

silver_tears
Hmmm I dunno hmm

yerssot
you don't like to dazzle people?

silver_tears
I don't feel the need to wink

yerssot
you do it naturally? wink

silver_tears
that's the one diva

yerssot
the tex-style? *shivers*

silver_tears
Better wink

yerssot
well, it couldn't have been worse wink

silver_tears
could have stick out tongue

yerssot
how?

silver_tears
if it was actually tex laughing out loud

yerssot
that's the lowest a human being can go no

silver_tears
oh I love mattex love

yerssot
me too... if he's far away and not onlinewink

silver_tears
I miss him weep

yerssot
you actually can miss him ? blink you must be sick

silver_tears
I do sad

yerssot
nono, you are wink

silver_tears
I'm perfectly healthy, if you ignore the dizziness and fainting and such wacko

yerssot
and throwing up? if you do that, you should think about how to name your unborn child wink

silver_tears
I think I'm pregnant myself confused

yerssot
you think? well, you either are or not, it's clear when you are stick out tongue

silver_tears
laughing out loud I'm not, that would require sex first

yerssot
how come people are always tripping over such little details stick out tongue

you could make a checklist next time and check those things that gets you closer to getting a kid confused

silver_tears
I dont want one no expression

yerssot
but then there can't be a misunderstanding about it anymore eek! think about how much stress you'll save out stick out tongue

silver_tears
How much? eek!

yerssot
this big! *spreads arms* eek!

silver_tears
Wow, that's big alright naughty

yerssot
that aint half of it ... let me give you some stress wink

silver_tears
Stress you say shifty

yerssot
we'll get the bloodpressure up wink

silver_tears
That's dangerous eek!

yerssot
I laugh at the face of danger! hahahaha!

just like Bond laughs in the face of Alec who became Janus eek!

silver_tears
That was something, I liked the bit in Goldeneye where he had to ask Valentin (who is a favourite character of mine to boot) for help, wasn't expecting that, neither was he laughing out loud

yerssot
perhaps it would have been better if they had shown how he got the limp instead of just refering to it... perhaps then the impact would have been bigger

silver_tears
I thought the joke was hilariously done, Pierce has a way of delivering a line love

yerssot
of course, just in the cinematographical view, it would have given a bigger impact if it was shown

silver_tears
I dunno, I prefer subtlety over flamboyance, this was you can use your imagination, if you have any happy

yerssot
ah true... I just wanna see how hard he squeeled when Bond pumped lead in his knee evil face
Valentin appears to have been a spy himself judging on the movie, since he killed 2 people that carry the Walther PPK

silver_tears
You are so vicious stick out tongue
I like Valentin cry

yerssot
and hungry!
he was a good relief from always hooking up with Felix but I thought his dead was necessary to give a new push to the franchise though he did it in a silly way (dying I mean)

silver_tears
Hmmm me too shifty
I thought it was funny, then I remembered he died embarrasment

yerssot
they all have to die one day... preferably in a Valentin-way than a Countessa-way. Luckily not many people die in Bond... which might as well be a weakness

silver_tears
I wish John Cleese would disgust

yerssot
that's rather unkind cry

silver_tears
I'm sorry angel_not

yerssot
and he tried so hard already... ... and failed big time sick

silver_tears
It's a simple fact then yes

yerssot
that you fail when you stop trying?

silver_tears
No, that you could never completely replace someone so much better than you, true in relationships too thumb up

yerssot
well, it was forced and at least Desmond went out the right way

silver_tears
agreed

yerssot
that's better!

how about Maydays sudden change? what a twist... right around the neck wink

silver_tears
oh you're just hilarious stick out tongue

yerssot
well, be happy I wasn't talking about the Bottums Up club

Ahnold
Hmmm - this is interesting: the last thread I made before my unexpected departure. Whilst I perhaps would have preferred not to have "abandoned" this thread for six months, that at least, I suppose, gives people a chance to really get the discussion going - as has thankfully been the case here!

Originally posted by yerssot
One of the twists I liked was Alec 'rising' from the dead and becoming Janus, 'cause you saw Ouromov with his gun practically against his head - no escape possible. I thought the main enemy would just be Xenia and Ouromov and not Alec...

With DAD I saw it coming more since they did that trick in GE

I also didn't see the Elektra King thing happening embarrasment

I liked the bit in Goldeneye where he had to ask Valentin {who is a favourite character of mine to boot} for help. Wasn't expecting that; neither was he laughing out loud

{Ahnold nods head in agreement} Some excellent suggestions there - particularly the one about Elektra King - didn't see that one coming at all. It's not like the producers to have TWO major bad guys in a Bond movie {i.e. her AND renard}, so her being evil was a nice twist.

But about the Alec twist - to be honest, I wasn't TOO suprised when I found out that he'd faked his own death {after all, the bullet could easily have been a blank}; after the way they built him up in the pre-credits sequence, I had a nagging suspicion that Alec would turn up again. Heh - yeah, yeah I know; everyone says that they figured out the twist long AFTER having seen the movie. It's that whole 'Bruce Willis in the 6th Sense' thang all over again stick out tongue ...

Ahnold
And I gotta disagree with ya there, yerss, on one thing; even though I saw "GE" long before I saw "DAD", that Gustav Graves thing still completely threw me. Sure, Colonel's Moon death at the start of the film seemed a bit abrupt and suspicious, but I never would have guessed about him having not only survived, but also receiving plastic surgery ...

To be honest, though, like most of "DAD", though this twist really did surprise me, I felt it was more silly than shocking ...

yerssot
he got Gene-therapy, not plastic surgery ... or is that your way of trying to diminish the crappy influences? wink
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hmmm - this is interesting: the last thread I made before my unexpected departure. Whilst I perhaps would have preferred not to have "abandoned" this thread for six months, that at least, I suppose, gives people a chance to really get the discussion going - as has thankfully been the case here!

{Ahnold nods head in agreement} Some excellent suggestions there - particularly the one about Elektra King - didn't see that one coming at all. It's not like the producers to have TWO major bad guys in a Bond movie {i.e. her AND renard}, so her being evil was a nice twist.

But about the Alec twist - to be honest, I wasn't TOO suprised when I found out that he'd faked his own death {after all, the bullet could easily have been a blank}; after the way they built him up in the pre-credits sequence, I had a nagging suspicion that Alec would turn up again. Heh - yeah, yeah I know; everyone says that they figured out the twist long AFTER having seen the movie. It's that whole 'Bruce Willis in the 6th Sense' thang all over again stick out tongue ...

well, my idea was that Bond would go on a new revenge-mission like he did in LTK, trying to get a bullet through the general, revenging 006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.