The Padwan`s haircut...???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dgeniu
What is it supposed to symbolize? (if any) I mean, most themes in SW were inspired by oriental beliefs. (Lucas must be a big fan, eh?) But the padawan haircut.... I just don`t get it... Not that I hate it, no, it`s rather...interesting...

BTW, are chick Padawans wearing the same haircut, `cos I haven`t seen any.

Gunship Pilot
c`mon!!!

pointless thread dude...yi yi yippie yay

dgeniu
I JUST WANNA KNOW!!!

Gunship Pilot
oh btw it`s spelled PADAWAN not padwan....maybe you`ve watch "the phantom lettuce" attack of the clowns" and "revenge of the shit"

Gunship Pilot
ok...here it goes:

no padawan chicks never used this haircut. for example barris ofee in aotc (luminara`s apprentice)

dgeniu
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
ok...here it goes:

no padawan chicks never used this haircut. for example barris ofee in aotc (luminara`s apprentice)

Thanks! You can ignore the thread now. My curiosity on this subject is next to othing now! Oh, and about the spelling mistake, yeah, I know.....he, he.... embarrasment .... Sith happens!

dgeniu
Damn, I did it again! It`s "nothing", not "othing", but whateve`...

Gunship Pilot
it`s ok man, I was just joking around

anytime!!!

muserke
whatever, not whateve...

stick out tongue

dgeniu
Why has everybody suddenly gained interest in my spelling? blink
I hope it isn`t catchy...

Darth_Rankkor
Already one thread at least about this subject.

DenKi
Its a Under rated Mullet

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by muserke
whatever, not whateve...

stick out tongue
he meant that sarcastic!
''Urge to be sarcastic rising...''

muserke
Whateve

jango fat
Padwan

Matt_Leonhart
jesus christ almighty, have you all nothing better to do than contradict each others' spelling and grammatical errors?

Moff jango
You want a serious answer?

Lana
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
ok...here it goes:

Barriss' hair is hidden under her hood, though, so really, you can't tell if she's got the braid or not.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lana
Barriss' hair is hidden under her hood, though, so really, you can't tell if she's got the braid or not.

Isn't it always? stick out tongue Also, in the clone wars cartoon, when Anakin becomes a Knight, he bends to one knee, and Yoda uses his lightsaber very much like in old movies about Arthur when they christened knights. When he moves his saber the last time, he cuts his braid of hair off.

Yoda: Jedi....*cuts off braid* Knight of the Republic

something like that ^

~wickerman~

Lana
Originally posted by Wickerman
Isn't it always? stick out tongue Also, in the clone wars cartoon, when Anakin becomes a Knight, he bends to one knee, and Yoda uses his lightsaber very much like in old movies about Arthur when they christened knights. When he moves his saber the last time, he cuts his braid of hair off.

Yoda: Jedi....*cuts off braid* Knight of the Republic

something like that ^

~wickerman~

Yeah stick out tongue

I'd guess that girl Padawans would still have the braid....just not necessarily the short haircut.

Gunship Pilot
here`s what I think...the male padawans have the short hair and the female padawans...hmmmm...geez.....well, a short haircut but not that short....

you`re right Lana, we indeed don`t see barris ofee`s haircut

you don`t miss a thing!

Lana
Barriss Offee is my favorite Jedi big grin

I'd think that female Padawans would probably wear their hair tied back from their faces, in some sort of braid or ponytail or something, or cut fairly short.

I don't think we ever see any female Padawans other than Barriss though, except for a few younglings.

Gunship Pilot
true!!! I like that!!!

Matt_Leonhart
just a bit obsessed, people?

bilb
Originally posted by Lana
Barriss Offee is my favorite Jedi big grin

I'd think that female Padawans would probably wear their hair tied back from their faces, in some sort of braid or ponytail or something, or cut fairly short.

I don't think we ever see any female Padawans other than Barriss though, except for a few younglings.

The only other human female padawan we really see is Bene and she does in fact have her hair pulled back .. others of different races.. well alot of them dont have hair at all! I cant really imagine Aayla ever having a padawan braid, or Kit Fisto, or Plo Koon, Shaak Ti , etc....

stick out tongue

bilb
Originally posted by Matt_Leonhart
just a bit obsessed, people?

Yes, yes I am big grin

ShadowKing
meh1meh1meh1we Are NOt OBSESSESSED!!meh1

do the alien Jedi grow little tentacles to cut off?

Captain REX
Gunship Pilot, this is not a pointless thread. It actually is an intelligent question, maybe you can't answer it and so you gun it down? stick out tongue

If it's a physical part of their body and not hair, I think it stays. Otherwise, Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto would be very deformed...

Siri Tachi from EU had decently short female haircuts most of the time, just past her jawline, straight hair. *shrug*

I suppose female Jedi have the braid...somewhere...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.