Silver Surfer vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
who wins and WHY?!?!?

Quick Freeze
ha!
i knew it!
nobody knows anything!

colossus17
sentry wins.happy.....

Quick Freeze
you know i'm not!
i said why. . .

colossus17
becasue he can manipulate light and yellow is SS weakness......no wait....never mind thats the other guy with the ring........then i guess SS takes it big grin

Quick Freeze
sad

colossus17
sad

shaolin9976
Sentry...his powers are very similar to Superman...I guess he is the marvel version..but with Silver Surfer using all his might and cosmic power, he should take this one...He is going to need all his got though.

DigiMark007
Sentry's supposed to be Marvel Earth's "most powerful hero"...which would include, presumably, Dr. Strange. I'd put Strange (properly prepped of course) above Surfer, so I'd tentatively say Sentry...but then again, I've never actually read any Sentry stuff so I really have no idea. So yeah, you're right that no one knows anything QF.

-DM

whirlysplat
Sentry the forum member has told me loads of times "Sentry" the character is invincible, you will have read this in such posts as "Whirly says noone knows Sentry's powers but Spiderman said that", and "Whirly is a dick because he requires evidence Sentry has the power of a million, billion , trillion exploding suns".

Keep the faith

Sentry loses to "some guy" in a couple of issues time in New Avengers (allegedly)

Stay Whirly rock

Avalonofthewind
Well, if Sentry supposedly stalemates Galactus..then shouldnt SS have no chance? The keeper would be a better match up.

DEVILHULK
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Sentry's supposed to be Marvel Earth's "most powerful hero"...
-DM

scans,proof,pics,link,what you want.....

Quick Freeze
i just want to find out more about this character. from what ive seen here this should be a good fight. . .

i want sentry and kgkg here!

long pig
Where the hell are they?? Sentry, as the resident Sentry fan, he should be in here! mad We depend on his knowledge of this character! -shakes fist-

I seriously know nothing about Sentry, other than he's somehow.... his molecules make it where he lives a few moments in the future at all times.
He should be able to beat Surfer if he indeed did stalemate Galactus.

Quick Freeze
did he?

ZephroCarnelian
THAT is the question.

long pig
Well, I have heard from this guy who runs around back alleys in spandex shooting gooey white liquid on walls that he did.

ZephroCarnelian
George Michael....?

Quick Freeze
you shouldntbelieve everything george michael says, long pig. i mean the man rights love songs to GIRLS.

long pig
embarrasment I'm sorry.....I'll try harder.

olympian
Sentry so far has a lot of "it was said he stalemated Galactus, its sais hes the most powerful..."

So far in regular Marvel Universe he ripped Carnage in Half. I want statements to go along with actions and showings. So far he has statements only.

Until he shows what he really can do Surfer wins.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Sentry the forum member has told me loads of times "Sentry" the character is invincible, you will have read this in such posts as "Whirly says noone knows Sentry's powers but Spiderman said that", and "Whirly is a dick because he requires evidence Sentry has the power of a million, billion , trillion exploding suns".

Keep the faith

Sentry loses to "some guy" in a couple of issues time in New Avengers (allegedly)

Stay Whirly rock

DrDoom
*sigh*

We can't really do any decent vs. battles with Sentry until his arc in New Avengers is done. He'll more than likely show off his power there...before Ronin hands him his ass (allegedly).

Also, he has his own maxi series coming out, with Romita Jr. drawing. He's supposed to trash Attuma's army and fight Terrax the Tamer, among others.

Again, until we actually have something (besides statements) that shows what Sent can do, we can't really gauge his power.

We know he stalemated Galactus (unknown if he was weakened or not) so he's pretty high up there, and he's replaced Thor/Strange/ Hellcat as Marvel Earth's most powerful hero, but we don't know how high he ranks in the cosmic scale.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DEVILHULK
scans,proof,pics,link,what you want.....

Um...let's see here. I made no claims of stating fact, only what I had read and heard. My post even says this, but you deleted that part of it to make it seem like I was claiming soemthing that I couldn't prove (which I can't, but I stated as much in my post). So nice try calling me out there, Mr. Devil, but I'm hardly embarassed.

Sentry's fought the Void, ripped Carnage in half, and the Marvel Directory states that "in effect, Sentry's powers are limitless." Take that how you will, but everyone assumes he's Thor-level until proven otherwise, but given the rumors and brief showings (and Marvel bio), I'm going to assume he's near-Galactus-level until proven otherwise.

-DM

emraldguardian
I think this would be an awsome fight!!!

Wynndar
Surfer has more wisdom, versatility, experience. Sentry is ultimately more powerful...but Surfer has a tendency to defeat people with more "power"

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Wynndar
Surfer has more wisdom, versatility, experience. Sentry is ultimately more powerful...but Surfer has a tendency to defeat people with more "power"

How do you know Sentry is more powerful?

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt

Just going off the stats for each character that Marvel has released. But we should know more today when the new issue of New Avengers comes out.

gamewarrior
Ive heard of this Sentry guy but dont know a thing about him. Could you perhaps fill me in with this Sentry fellow.

yahman
As there isn't really anything to go on, this becomes a Hand Book Stats war. Silver Surfer Wins this quite easilly:

POWER GRID (1-7 scale)
INTELLIGENCE: 5 out of 7
STRENGTH: 7 out of 7
SPEED: 5 out of 7
DURABILITY: 6 out of 7
ENERGY PROJECTION: 3 out of 7
FIGHTING SKILLS: 2 out of 7

Silver Surfer:

INT = 3
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 6
EP = 7
FS = 2

Mainstream
Silver by a surf board

yahman
Originally posted by Mainstream
Silver by a surf board

Nah Apocalypse Wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by yahman
Nah Apocalypse Wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

aren't you a sinister fellow yahman mrsinister2

Solidus Snake
i see silver surfer disintegrating him

his lack of firepower and speed will make him vulnerable

Pointinel

cosigns.

nimbus006
If Sentry has all the power he says he has " the power of 1000 exploding suns" then i think Sentry takes it, if not and thats just an exageration then Surfer wins.

Mainstream
Originally posted by nimbus006
If Sentry has all the power he says he has " the power of 1000 exploding suns" then i think Sentry takes it, if not and thats just an exageration then Surfer wins.

It's more like 895 exploding Suns...marvel loves to pull our legs.

BlaqChaos
Actually, they said a million exploding suns; but if that were really the case NO ONE could defeat him.

Mainstream
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Actually, they said a million exploding suns; but if that were really the case NO ONE could defeat him.

not even the Ultra Namek!!!!huh

Whirlysplatt
not even the Ultra Namek!!!!huh

Well I think reality manipulators couldsmile

Mainstream
Well I think reality manipulators couldsmile

we Namek can multiply the Sentry not just fighting one he's fighting many madrox

gamewarrior
Sounds like this Sentry is quite powerful but Im going with Silver Surfer on this one.

golem370
A pic of Sentry

Dizzle
I'm saying Surfer. The "million suns" thing isn't literal... He's supposed to actually have insane control over light energy, which would put his energy projection pretty far up there... Which doesn't mean much, since Surfer controls a whole lot of things besides light. His power could also be so low because he cannot use his real power without sending the Void on rampage...

Depending on how large his reserves are, Sentry may be drainable. Surfer also has him in speed, as well as versatility.

leonheartmm
sentry is a heck of a lot more powerful than surfer, he stalemated galactus didnt he, with ease.

Quick Freeze
ahem!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353274&perpage=20&highlight=surfer+sentry&pagenumber=2

long pig
QuickFreeze!

big grin

Sentry
You guys seen the Void tearing up the FF, X-men, Avengers, The Inhumans, Namor and Dr. Strange right? The Void was beating on them like mules. If the Void can do this, then the Sentry technically could do the same, since the Void and Sentry are one in the same. Like I said, his feats will contradict the stats.

This battle between Surfer could go either way. Sentry probably also has the power of teleportation which he in the New Avengers 8.

yahman
It's more like 895 exploding Suns...marvel loves to pull our legs.

I don't know why but this is verry funny laughing laughing

(No sarcasm) laughing laughing

Sentry
Originally posted by Sentry
You guys seen the Void tearing up the FF, X-men, Avengers, The Inhumans, Namor and Dr. Strange right? The Void was beating on them like mules. If the Void can do this, then the Sentry technically could do the same, since the Void and Sentry are one in the same. Like I said, his feats will contradict the stats.

This battle between Surfer could go either way. Sentry probably also has the power of teleportation which he in the New Avengers 8.

Sentry
895?

You guys are getting it mixed up.

It's ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/sentry.jpg

yahman
Originally posted by Sentry
895?

You guys are getting it mixed up.

It's ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/sentry.jpg

Where you born with a sense of Humour, or did you loose it sum way down the line. Cum on man sad

zachrivard
sentry wins

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by long pig
QuickFreeze!

big grin

yo!

thesilverspider
the sentry is the most powerful super hero in the marvel universe he will beat the surfer and i love the surfer

Nataku8188
Originally posted by yahman
Where you born with a sense of Humour, or did you loose it sum way down the line. Cum on man sad

Don't cum on man.

Fieldy69
Who wins

leonheartmm
easy, sentry.

Acrosurge
I'd like to see more feats from Sentry. A direct battle with top tier guys like Thor (or the Silver Surfer) might help too. Until then, I'll take Surfer every time over Sentry.

Jabba the Hutt
We've done this how many times?

Thunderstrike
You know what, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate, AGAIN! Surfer kicks his ass. Why? Because Sentry is gonna try to H2H him, and get slapped away.

S.S
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
You know what, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate, AGAIN! Surfer kicks his ass. Why? Because Sentry is gonna try to H2H him, and get slapped away.
Going H2H is the best and really only way to beat Surfer......... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Surfer wins by default......

Rick/Genis
Surfer wins because I like him better wink

Plus Experience

Mider
how would surfer do against dr strange?

S.S
Strange get's speed blitzed.

spetznaz

batdude123

spideycarnage
Surfer wins, he has more experience, also he's been the most powerfullest hero marvel had for years. My heart will go with him instead of the new kid on the block (for now). I just feel that sentry has not proven him self yet as being the greatest hero. Him stailmating a jobbin Galactus was stupid, i guess it was marvel's way of showing off their new hero.

spetznaz
Originally posted by spideycarnage
Surfer wins, he has more experience, also he's been the most powerfullest hero marvel had for years. My heart will go with him instead of the new kid on the block (for now). I just feel that sentry has not proven him self yet as being the greatest hero. Him stailmating a jobbin Galactus was stupid, i guess it was marvel's way of showing off their new hero.

When did he do that? (stalemate Galactus)
I've heard it mentioned a lot, but I've never seen it. Thus if you could give me a lead I would truly appreciate that.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by spetznaz
I've heard it mentioned a lot, but I've never seen it. Thus if you could give me a lead I would truly appreciate that.

I got it form hersay..I accually never say any scans of it happening, many memebers on this fourm has being sayin that fro the last few weeks. Mr. Valentine may know the real deal about sentry's confontation with Galactus, he's a big sentry fan.

Accel
We know it happened because Spider-Man said it happened, but it was never actually shown on panel; therefore, anything could've happened really (Galactus could have been starving to death, Sentry could have used the Infinity Gauntlet, Wolverine could have helped him, ect). The possibilities of how the battle actually went down are endless.

S.S
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes, but you have to realize that Sentry tore Terrax apart faster than Silver Surfer could even wet dream of! big grin
And you no nothing my friend.......... wink
Sentry didn't ko Terrax,Terrax fled.Now the encounter would have been different if Terrax went at Sentry with the same hate and motivation he has when fighting Surfer.

Surfer can beat Terrax just as fast if he felt like it.
When Surfer doesn't hold back he'll pawn Terrax just as fast but he'll actually record a KO.

S.S
Originally posted by Accel
We know it happened because Spider-Man said it happened, but it was never actually shown on panel; therefore, anything could've happened really (Galactus could have been starving to death, Sentry could have used the Infinity Gauntlet, Wolverine could have helped him, ect). The possibilities of how the battle actually went down are endless.
Which is why it's a mute point when someone brings it up.

spetznaz
I got it form hersay..I accually never say any scans of it happening, many memebers on this fourm has being sayin that fro the last few weeks. Mr. Valentine may know the real deal about sentry's confontation with Galactus, he's a big sentry fan.

No scans then I guess.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Accel

Is there a scan of SPiderman saying this?
That would help clarify things ...for one that there this insinuation even exists in the first place.

Anyways, it is largely a moot point. But nonetheless I would love to see a scan of Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus, because even such a scan hasn't appeared.

batdude123
Originally posted by S.S
And you no nothing my friend.......... wink
Sentry didn't ko Terrax,Terrax fled.Now the encounter would have been different if Terrax went at Sentry with the same hate and motivation he has when fighting Surfer.

Surfer can beat Terrax just as fast if he felt like it.
When Surfer doesn't hold back he'll pawn Terrax just as fast but he'll actually record a KO.

Dude, c'mon, I was just joking. stick out tongue

spideycarnage
they probally dont exists, lol.. only spiderman knows,according to ACCEL.

spideycarnage
http://www.leaderslair.com/sentry/sentry-spider-man.html

go there, its the 3rd paragraph down, spiderman does mention sentry stailmating Big G.

spetznaz
they probally dont exists, lol.. only spiderman knows,according to ACCEL.
Hmmm.

S.S
It was mentioned in the first Sentry mini by spider-man.There's no evidence of this though it was just spidey thinking to himself as they waited for the void to show up.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by S.S
It was mentioned in the first Sentry mini by spider-man.There's no evidence of this though it was just spidey thinking to himself as they waited for the void to show up.

its probally gonna be used as a plot device.

Lord Magneto
I vote Sentry. After all, his alter ego ripped the hulk a new one. And bonus, Hulk fears him. Who has the Hulk ever feared?
And if you aren't goin to count his alter ego, think about how much fear he stirs up in the Marvel-verse. The F.F. willingly took on Silver Surfer alone. But when it came to the Sentry, it was the combined might of the F.F., Avengers, and even the X-Men. (And it's usually a really big threat for anyone to team up with the X-Men)

S.S
Originally posted by Lord Magneto
I vote Sentry. After all, his alter ego ripped the hulk a new one. And bonus, Hulk fears him. Who has the Hulk ever feared?
And if you aren't goin to count his alter ego, think about how much fear he stirs up in the Marvel-verse. The F.F. willingly took on Silver Surfer alone. But when it came to the Sentry, it was the combined might of the F.F., Avengers, and even the X-Men. (And it's usually a really big threat for anyone to team up with the X-Men)
So would you mind telling me when an on panel fight happend between all these characters you named.

Lord Magneto
Originally posted by S.S
So would you mind telling me when an on panel fight happend between all these characters you named.

New Avengers #9.

Lucid Lui
Is there a scan of SPiderman saying this?
That would help clarify things ...for one that there this insinuation even exists in the first place.

Anyways, it is largely a moot point. But nonetheless I would love to see a scan of Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus, because even such a scan hasn't appeared. Here's the famous scan, which never seems to be posted when people claim that Sentry did fight Galactus to a standstill.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6089/sentrygalactuscomment9ac.jpg

Is it because of the overly evident man-love Spidey has for Sentry in the issue. Possibly.

I don't think it should be taken seriously until it's backed up with actual proof. And i don't know why everyone's salivating over it anyway. Thor made Galactus turn tail and run back in the day. Galactus jobs a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.