Dragonball Z vs Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest Holmes
Dbz roster-Goku,Vegeta,Gohan,Piccolo
Street fighter roster-Shin Akuma,Balrog,Sagat,M.Bison
Who Wins?

CorderaMitchell
In a fight, dbz, in a game sf

Dannyslr28
Why the hell would Sagat be there instead of Ryu?

CorderaMitchell
No take out balrog, and put in ryu!

Dannyslr28
This would be my 4V4
DBZ: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks
Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, M. Bison, Shin Akuma

WAF3001
Any one character from DBZ could beat every character from Street Fighter. Hands Down.

Dannyslr28
If you're talking about Preist Holmes roster
maybe
If you're talking about my roster
SF will win

Darth_Otaku
Dude he says EVERY character would be beaten by a DBZ character.EVERY character.And he's right,for once.Tenshinhan(Tien),used a move he called ''New Energy Blast''And it just blew a triangle formed hole in the groung.I think every (I'll use the Dutch word,i mean one of the lines in a Triangle.)ribbe was about 10 feet long.And he is one of the weaker characters.Know your saying Ryu would survive this sort of things?The SF fighters are all really strong,but no real Earthling can take them.Maybe completed Devil Jin after you see what he can do in his Tekken 5 ending.

Dannyslr28
Maybe Capcom should create a game so we would see who would really win

Darth_Otaku
They can't,they don't have the DBZ rights.Besides they should work together with the people who make DBZ games,cuz else the SF fighters would be given better stats.

Dannyslr28
But wouldn't the DBZ characters would get better stats?

Darth_Otaku
No if Capcom would be the only producer,the Capcom fighters would probably be made stronger then the DBZ fighters.Thats why SNK insisted on cooperation when making SNK vs. Capcom,or like Marvel did when making Marvel vs. Streetfighter.

Dannyslr28
oh

Dannyslr28
Doesn't street fighter have an edge against Dragon Ball Z because street fighter could parry

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Dannyslr28
Doesn't street fighter have an edge against Dragon Ball Z because street fighter could parry

The only one who would stand a chance is ryu, akuma, gill, and oro at their best, and they can beat demitiri, a 5000 year old vampire, and pyron a guy who lives on the sun.

Other than that, no. Gameplay wise, hellyes.

Darth_Otaku
No cuz DBZ characters can do that to.And if they would be in the same game,the DBZ characters would've been given the same basics.(Like block,punch,kick,jump etc.)And the ability to parry isn't of that great importance.Besides DBZ char. can do Killer Ki(or Chi) Moves,where SF characters are stuck with Hadoken like Ki moves.

CorderaMitchell
No I mean in a game, as in the fun in a game. Street fighter characters are toned down in the game ALOT.

The raging demon eats, soul, mind, and body, it matters not the strength of an opponent, but still, they aren't winning an a fight anytime soon.

Darth_Otaku
IThat was meant for Dannys Edge thingy.But you posted a moment before me,but the SF games ARE better.Your right about that...

CorderaMitchell
lol

Darth_Otaku
though COMPLETED Devil Jin beats all!

CorderaMitchell
Amen there

Darth_Otaku
And then The Jin,i mean LORD.Said there was destruction upon the DBZ characters,and there was Destruction upon the DBZ characters!Amen said the Jin,i mean Lord.

CorderaMitchell
I still say shin akuma eats Jin evil face , or Oro, or Gill

Darth_Otaku
No he wouldn't.I have a question bout Akuma.As a Sf fan you must have the 10 year's of SF2(WTF?) Collectors Edition.In the Anime movie with it.Why the fu(k did they put in this one scene in Bombay showing Akuma Meditate,just to put him in there?He isn't of any relevance there or in the whole movie.

CorderaMitchell
No it wasn't, but they did that with street fighter 2 v, akuma was everywhere, they also removed parts of the chunli shower scene.

Shin akuma would own him. stick out tongue

Darth_Otaku
I wanted to see the shower scene!!!Have any pics?And not COMPLETED Devil Jin.Cuz bassicaly he's Satan and Satan can destroy the world!!!

CorderaMitchell
Akuma can do so too. stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
Here the link, click on the first one, I couldn't open it being at the library.. evil face

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chun+li+shower+scene&btnG=Google+Search

EvilCap America
Budokai 3 Piccalo is boardline Broken and would pwn them all

CorderaMitchell
basically

Darth_Otaku
No.(to finish Cordera's sentence.)

CorderaMitchell
lol

olympian
Top guys like Gill or Dark ryu and Akuma at his strongest can match with Dbz guys.

Now winning is another matter. Dbz guys even the weakest are easily in the blasting cities range and more, by the end of the saga. The Humans ( Tien, yamcha, Krillin, Chaos ) are all by the Buu saga stronger than the ginou force and some in the first Freeza levels.

And thats firepower right there to give work even to the strongest of the SF universe.

CorderaMitchell
No Shin Akuma does....

Mako Victim
I think street fighter would put up one hell of a fight, from what I heard Akuma is alot like Goku in power, speed, ki, ect.....

But to be honest, I think it would take more then just Akuma to beat the whole DBZ team... the rest would do decent, but still...

Overall I'd say DBZ would bang them up pretty well, but then again it's been a while since I last read the street fighter comic, so I could be wrong

DaRk Lotus
Street Fighter all the way smile

Creshosk
Isn't it Ironic how "Street fighter" is a misnomer?

In two ways. . I mean the SF's are not "street level" fighters.

And the other is. . the street ain't fighting noone. . .

CorderaMitchell
nope, only in terms of game play do they win.

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
nope, only in terms of game play do they win. Who? The streets?

StaT1c
What a stupid thread

CorderaMitchell
SF by gameplay, this is the game forum too..

Creshosk
SF by gameplay, this is the game forum too.. Some of the older DBZ fighting games. . . ugh. . . those characters are so broken they have to be powered WAY down just to be able to be added into mugen. . .

SaTsuJiN
*Recalls kid Buu's Warp Kamehameha from Budoukai 3* hmm... I think Dbz takes this one

CorderaMitchell
obvious, just not in gameplay.

Creshosk
obvious, just not in gameplay. You've never played the older DBZ fighting games have you.

I had DBZ characters in and SF characters. both set to do 100% of their normal damage. . . I had to take the DBZ characters down to like 10% before the SF characters started to win fights.

SaTsuJiN
cordera means dragonball games have no good combo or fighting system.. however with todays technology, dragonball simply cannot be replicated to perfection.. you either sacrifice DBZs beam battles.. and get a better hand to hand.. or you get crappy hand to hand for better energy fighting.. budoukai 3 came close to satisfying both aspects.. but it ends up being a cutscene festival

Creshosk
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
cordera means dragonball games have no good combo or fighting system.. however with todays technology, dragonball simply cannot be replicated to perfection.. you either sacrifice DBZs beam battles.. and get a better hand to hand.. or you get crappy hand to hand for better energy fighting.. budoukai 3 came close to satisfying both aspects.. but it ends up being a cutscene festival

Yeah, the SF games themselves are better than the old dbz games. . . and has always been better than MK that only had graphic graphics going for it.

CorderaMitchell
lol

EventHorizon
Ok, i don't know if this game is suppose to be on a console or not, but i downloaded it earlier and can't open it as it's 16 bit. is there s 32 bit version of this somewhere?

CorderaMitchell
I couldn't tell you...

theobvious
sf if you were fighting average players in vid game but playing against a master in budokai 3 is better cuz of thr rush you get with the teleporting and pursuing. but in a fight dbz would win unless goku fought ryu and they were equal in power then it would be a tie.

Shazman
I dont even know why this is even a subject. i would have thought it was common sense by now that DBZ fighters could take any one no matter what.....
If any of you have seen even a single epsidoe of DBZ or even read the comin you would see how powerful they are. No disrespect to strret fighter but they clearly are no match for DBZ. DBZ are in a league of thier own. Even characters such as Tien, Yamcha, piccolo ect on thier own could take the whole team of SF..this really is out the question.....DBZ hands sown would win

Sonic x 20
Fighters such as Ryu and Akuma can surely take on some of the Z Fighters like Yamcha, Tien, and other Fighters. It all depends on their skill.

EvilCap America
Budokai 3 has some pretty nice gameplay and in a Gameplay battle would win easily.Cancelable chains especially from characters like Piccalo would let them attack constantly in almost total safety any hit they land will end in a cancel combvo that on their own scale for health can do 2/3rds or more damage and Teleport Counters and teleport canceling can render hits by the SFer chracters useless.

Specific match-ups might help elaborate the topic though and maybe a decision on which games are available for both

Hit_and_Miss
KRILLIN "the human punchbag" VS Akuma "The fanboys fave"

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
KRILLIN "the human punchbag" VS Akuma "The fanboys fave"

Krillian in Budokai 3 is one of the top 5 characters in the game though smile

Sonic x 20
I think you can also play as Krillin in Story Mode also.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by WAF3001
Any one character from DBZ could beat every character from Street Fighter. Hands Down.

Tha C-Master
KRILLIN "the human punchbag" VS Akuma "The fanboys fave" Top fanboy characters in game forum.

Sonic
Master chief
Jin
Superman (comic versus fave)
Goku
Ryu
Akuma

Hit_and_Miss
master chief???

I'm the only one supporting him in half of the threads.....

Tha C-Master
Halo, nuff said...

you are the only one left,lol.

EvilCap America
Id like to see a great SF3:TS Urien player with Aegis relfector go up against a well played B3 Light Grenade wielding Piccalo player

Tha C-Master
Gill would fare better...
but poor gill...

Sonic x 20
Gill is nearly INVINCIBLE and can control ice and fire.

Hit_and_Miss
Yup and none of that matters when DBZ chars could distroy the earth....

Inspectah Deck
Yup and none of that matters when DBZ chars could distroy the earth....

True

Linkinpark200
Originally posted by DaRk Lotus
Street Fighter all the way smile

ok i dudde want proof 2 c if SF could blow a planent with a lil finger without trying.
make the earth sake wile fighting
invisible 2 the human eye
when moving leave afterimages

Linkinpark200
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
Gill is nearly INVINCIBLE and can control ice and fire.

weve seen goku break out of ice b4 in dead zone or worlds strongest not sure
broly suvived lava in second coming
the dude IS INVINCIBLE RITE but could he hurt goku no way in hfil
could he destroy a planent at the beggining of his sereis

Violent2Dope
WHAT. THE. FVCK!? DBZ RAPES THEM!!

shin_gear
Mos def. I want to hear someone say Akuma can take a super saiyan. I'm bored as hell..

shin_gear
Originally posted by Linkinpark200
ok i dudde want proof 2 c if SF could blow a planent with a lil finger without trying.
make the earth sake wile fighting
invisible 2 the human eye
when moving leave afterimages Gouki can do all those things while not even trying and not Shin, holding back, and while taking a shit. You know next to nothing about the SF verse. no expression

Bat Dude
Shun Goku Satsu...

'Nuff said...

Em Dot Bison
WTF, this thread is as old as dirt, not to mention it's against the rules, not to mention this is an ABSOLUTE mismatch ...

nice job guys.

shin_gear
Yep SF wins.

Lana
Don't bump ancient threads.

Especially ones against the rules.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.