X-Wing Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Who has read these books.....I've read the first 3 and I really like them. In addition, I've heard Starfighters of Adumar on a tape. I don't place these books in the same category as NJO; however, I do enjoy them and think they are woth discussing ....provided some of you have even read them

LanceWindu
I haven't yet.

Julie
They're good, but don't let them keep you away from NJO!

LanceWindu
Oh I'm gonna wait til after the NJO is over before I'll start reading them.

Julie
good...it'll be several years, but I guess that's ok because you've already waited several years and you didn't even know it smile

LanceWindu
Yeah, they'll still be there in a few years.

Julie
They can wait......but I'm getting anxious to read Rebel Stand and to see AotC.....only mere days to go and now I get anxious wink

LanceWindu
Hell I've been anxious for over a year now.

Julie
smile I remember when the countdown was more than 100 days and I lamented how long I had to wait....

LanceWindu
And because of that you created one of the most popular threads still alive in the forums.

Julie
Thanks.....yeah, but I don't think they liked my idea for a countdown to EpIII....as soon as the official release date comes out...I'm doing it all again

LanceWindu
But the official release date is a ways away from being announced.

Julie
Should we approximate it....I believe one of the mods shut down the last thread.......

LanceWindu
Yeah one of them did.

I think we should just wait a little bit longer before opening Countdown 2 again.

Julie
ya didn't wait long did ya wink

LanceWindu
A couple days is long enough in my book!

Julie
Yea I guess a few days here and there is nothing to worry about....unless we're talking about the release of EP III wink then a few days is a whole lot!

LanceWindu
Yeah, I just can't believe we are actually counting down to Ep3. I remember just under a year ago when most of the big news for AOTC started coming out. And we were speculating on what the name would be.

Julie
Yeah time does fly.....

Julie
Yeahhhh....I got Isard's revenge yesterday at Barnes and noble big grin Happy Dance

GordonSkywalker
You got a Barnes and Noble? Cool! I for one never read any of these books. I just couldn't see buying an entire series like that.

Julie
the x-wing series is nice because each is a seperate tale on its own with only vague mentions of past excitement....probably best to read in the right order but I haven't....people who don't like spoilers may not like reading out of order but it was fine for me

GordonSkywalker
I might try that.

Julie
there are a few different authors involved and I think they each wrote their own story arcs...

GordonSkywalker
I have been reading Rogue Squadron and have noticed the series is unlike any other SW I have seen or read. The series seems to focus more on the pilots that flew against the Death Star in Episode VI.

Myndon
I have read all of the X-wing books 3 times each and i thing they are brilliant big grin
i think the first ones on rouge squadron are a bit better than the ones on wrath squadron big grinbig grin

Julie
wow.....I haven't even read them all....let alone 3 times each....seem like your the expert in this area!

GordonSkywalker
He's the man! He's the man!

Julie
he's lucky he's got lots of time to read...and a dedicated X wing fan:-)

GordonSkywalker
I just couldn't get into the series after Rogue Squadron, which I barely finished.

Julie
I bought Isard's Revenge,.but I didn't read it yet...I', m not sure when I'll get to it.....though it does sound like a decent story

GordonSkywalker
I gave up on reading those after the second one in the series.

Julie
You might want to read some of the others...even though it is a series...they can be read out of order and still make a lot of sense in that they very much stand alone

treepwood728
I know you guys must think i'm some newbie, well i'm to this board, but not to the Star Wars Universe. I read the Rogue Squadron series and it's one of my fav, since i always wanted to fly an Xwing.
It's been a couple of years since i read them, but i still remember a bit.

yerssot
we don't think people are newbies, everyone starts as on smile

have you played some x-wing games then, treepwood?

treepwood728
yeah of course. Well i had Xwing, Tie fighter the originals and also the collectors edition, and then the editon which had the Xwing Vs Tiefighter graphics that came with flight schol or something. I also had Xwing Vs Tie Fighter and Balance of Power, and Xwing Alliance. Only 1 problem now. All those games where stolen last january. Someone broke into my house, and stole a shit load of stuff, including my CD wallet full of PC games.

yerssot
stealing star wars pc games! horrible sad

treepwood728
tell me about!
I don't have any off my old games.

rogue_jedi
i like the new jedi order series. the yuuzhan vong, with their organic technology, are very impressive and original. any thoughts?

rogue_jedi
it kind of sucked when they killed off anakin, though.

yerssot
hmm, not really x-wing series, no?

treepwood728
rogue jedi that was uncalled for. you just said a major spoiler about anakin

yerssot
dunno, since the next book will be Force Heretic III and they repeat that in every book five times, I'm not sure if it's a spoiler anymore

Julie
uh that's awful....how low can people go??? Anyway, yerssot's right...the NJO read out of order would give that away

Julie
I just finished SOLO COMMAND....it's a wonderful book with a bit of humor at both expected and unexpected points.....characterization was good,. plot was excellent...

Mark Jade
I have started to read the series it is good

star22
I really like the ones by Stackpoole. Aliston's ones are okay, but not nearly as good. The only thing I really liked about his were the Wedge/Wes/Hobbie humor.

Jedi7115
NJO is just D&D in the SW Universe. It was a sad day for them to have killed Chewie with Dungeons & Dragons. Keep sci-fi with sci-fi & fantasy with fantasy. Don't mix them you. You ruin the product that you are trying to sell. Face it if NJO wasn't baseded in SW then nobody would have read the only piece of crap that R.A. wrote. He is the best fantasy writer out there even above Jordan. He should have stayed with his strengths. Same thing with Elaine Cunningham and Troy Dening.

star22
I didn't like NJO at all.
However, that is off topic for this thread.
Which is your favorite X-Wing book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.