How did Vader put himself out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Someone at work made a good point to me the other night. When Vader was on fire at the end of The Duel with one remaining limb, how did he put himself out?

(If anyone answers "He used the Force" I swear to God...)

Darth Plagueis
He used the force.I swear to god.

stick out tongue

DarkAge
laughing miffed

Darth Plagueis
Actually, I think anything flammable probably burnt off rather quickly. He would continue to smolder and burn, but no flames.

Mist
Originally posted by DarkAge
how did he put himself out?

(If anyone answers "He used the Force" I swear to God...)

what other answer would you expect if you asked 'how did he put himself out'..

i have an answer....he quickly ran over to kamino, jumped in the water, ran back to mustafar, then lay down again while the camera was on obiwan...

p. skywalker
LMAO @ mist!!!

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Mist
what other answer would you expect if you asked 'how did he put himself out'..

i have an answer....he quickly ran over to kamino, jumped in the water, ran back to mustafar, then lay down again while the camera was on obiwan... Yeah, but he'd still have to use the force to do THAT.
stick out tongue

Darth Kip
man cant you jsut get a straight answer anymore

Darth Plagueis
nope, you jsut cant.

Mist
Originally posted by Darth Kip

nope, coz then this place would be boring...

oh wait....

General Zodiac
Didn't you see it? That guy selling DeathSticks in episode II came and throw a bucket of water on him. The 2 had a smoke, a drink or 20, went to Coruscant, when to Diseny World, took Anakin back before anyone knew he was gone.

Boris
The forks, of course.

Mist
Originally posted by Darth Kip

to quote you again..

plagueis already gave the right answer to it before. so now all thats left is insanity happy

DarkAge
Look, fire doesn't just get bored and wander off. It was his clothing that caught fire, so the fire should not have stopped burning for no reason.

Darth Plagueis
to quote you again..

plagueis already gave the right answer to it before. so now all thats left is insanity happy Amen, brother.

Boris
Spammaton? pirate

Echuu
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
nope, you jsut cant.

jsut who cares! laughing out loud

Mist
Look, fire doesn't just get bored and wander off. It was his clothing that caught fire, so the fire should not have stopped burning for no reason.

yes it does. go light a log on fire, eventually itll stop flaming and just smolder. all of anakin's flammable material (clothes, hair) burnt off, so he sat there and smoldered.

what other answer are you seeking?

Darth Plagueis
Maybe as a last act of mercy, Obi-Wan peed on him....we just didn't get to see it.

Boris
He used /ImprovedForceExitinguish.....

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Boris
He used /ImprovedForceExitinguish..... Thats what I said. Urine.

THEJEDIMASTER
he used his stupid robotic arm.... cuz his robotic arm doesnt affect his limbs...

DarkAge
yes it does. go light a log on fire, eventually itll stop flaming and just smolder. all of anakin's flammable material (clothes, hair) burnt off, so he sat there and smoldered.

what other answer are you seeking?

All of his clothes burnt off? As far as I can remember he wasn't naked when he was lying there.

Mist
All of his clothes burnt off? As far as I can remember he wasn't naked when he was lying there.

whatever dude whatever...

Boris
They burnt into him, creating....... Burnt-Clothes-Man!

theshakl
It was probably the weather conditions...that we have no idea what properties they have on a different planet...maybe the gust of wind that blew on him had no oxygen to keep the fire lit???

I unno use your imagination dude

jerlark386
Its Star Wars. Nothing has to make sense.

But really,

I think the gust of wind is probably the best explaination. Although a gust would be bring sudden end to the fire, rather than gradual as shown in the movie. If he could *force extinguish himself. I think he might have done it a little sooner. But maybe it was because was'nt thinking straight. If he was he would've just force choked Obi-Wan instead of doing that stupid flip thing. Then again Obi-Wan would've just thrown his saber at him, chopping off his limbs, Anakin falls in the lava and then the same thing all over again. *sigh

Ken Kenobi
Geez people, crappy answers. stick out tongue

The explanation Plagueis posted is the most logical, think about, experiment, it's true.

First, his hair burnt off, that stopped the fire there.

Second, leather is not the easiest material to burn through, the fire burnt some holes but didn't have the strength to continue burning. He was still smoldering and burning, but that doesn't necessarily need flames.

If you don't like that answer, go ask your buddy Mikey Suttle. stick out tongue

jerlark386
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
experiment, it's true.

Experiment?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by jerlark386
Experiment?

Go set some leather on fire.

jerlark386
Oh. For a second I thought you were suggesting...

Well nvm. I don't think ill be starting any fires tonite.

Mist
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
If you don't like that answer, go ask your buddy Mikey Suttle. stick out tongue

perhaps i will then schmoll

oh wait, thats right, i have better things to do than analyze every spare frame of the movie roll eyes (sarcastic)....

theshakl
nah cause if your hair catches fire... it ain' gonna stop when it's all gone lol

and i tried the leather thing.. i put some leather pants and shirt and lit it on fire...

to my suprise..the leather went on fire..then it stopped.....

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by theshakl
nah cause if your hair catches fire... it ain' gonna stop when it's all gone lol

and i tried the leather thing.. i put some leather pants and shirt and lit it on fire...

to my suprise..the leather went on fire..then it stopped.....

Yes, once the hair is gone, the fire from that will not have strength or substance to continue, it will singe the skin and cause some surface damage, but it will go out very easily.

bilb
If anyone wants to UTFS there was already a thread on this right after the movie came out in which several people pointed out that since the body is composed primarily of water that is most likely the reason he didnt burn completely.. smile

Ast Rofan
*lights match behind back*

Come here man, I got your damn answer! evil face

big grin

Red Superfly
Just burn a piece of paper and see what happens to it.

Sometimes it will go out, sometimes it will stop and smolder. It's the nature of fire.

Skin doesn't light. It gets scarred and burned, but it has trouble setting alight. When the clothing and hair is mostly gone, it will stop and smolder because it doesn't have enough to carry on.

He had little bits of clothing left because that's what happens. EVen after fires there's still remnants of fabrics left. It doesn't all turn to ash and magically dissapear, a lot of it turns to carbon and stops burning - so thats why he had loads of little bits of fabric all over him.

leowyatt
how it was put out... someone used snow

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Maybe as a last act of mercy, Obi-Wan peed on him....we just didn't get to see it.

laughing Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance laughing

tee hee hehehehehe.... good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oswald Kenobi
It was Anakin's stunt double that was on fire, not Anakin himself. Geez, when you're as big a celebrity as Anakin Skywalker, do you really think you do your own stunts?

mysterio69
this thread sounds like science class. sad

Tulak Hord
Why hasn't that one guy posted the link to his oddball questions thread? He always does that.

mysterio69
give him time.

ShadowKing
fire burns skin, hair, and clothing..

what's left behind is burnt skin, layers of carbon flaking off....

if he had fallen in the lava, the heat would have eventually burned off all of his soft tissue, melted his prosthetic arm, and turned his bones to liquid.

once the flammable parts of his body burned, there was no fuel left to catch fire...it was not hot enough where he was laying to burn further into his flesh...

smart Science is Fun!

darthmaul1
Originally posted by ShadowKing
fire burns skin, hair, and clothing..

what's left behind is burnt skin, layers of carbon flaking off....

if he had fallen in the lava, the heat would have eventually burned off all of his soft tissue, melted his prosthetic arm, and turned his bones to liquid.

once the flammable parts of his body burned, there was no fuel left to catch fire...it was not hot enough where he was laying to burn further into his flesh...

smart Science is Fun!

I agree, i think most of the people here have a brain the size of a peanut, the clothes and hair burn, but after it is gone there are no more flammable materials so it reduces to a smolder.

theshakl
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT!?! SKIN DOESN"T CATCH FIRE?!?! U GUYS CRAZY?!?! GO STICK YOUR HAND IN FIRE SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

when i was little... (don't wanna go into detail here ... i was little alright)
basically 3 of my fingers caught on fire burned right through my skin...

had to put it out with water, and i unno what would have happend if my whole body caught fire..but it certainly wouldn't stop with my skin

darthmaul1
if you stick you had in fire you will get burnt and your hair on your hand will burn but your hand will not have a flame on it.

ShadowKing
the top layer of your skin will burn as the greasy fat layers underneath give off vapors..if you continue to stay in the flame, eventually you will be carbonized tissue on a bleached white skeleton.....

Vader/Anakin caught fire due to the ambient heat from the lava river that started his clothing on fire....the flames burned up his body due to the angle he was laying on the hill so legs to body to head...there goes his hair...

because his clothing was gone and his outer skin layer was burnt and dripping/flaking off, there was nothing left to catch fire from the ambient heat without him getting closer to it or staying in the same spot longer... that was why he pulled himself further up the hill. if he had stayed in the same spot and died, he would have eventually turned into a dry husk of carbonized tissue and bone...

put a piece of fresh chicken on a grill until it's gone for the experiment

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sick

Sith-Nerd
this thread is stupid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.