“The ten worlds” Buddhist philosophy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Well that is a quite a list...I guess I've been there all at once time or another but guess I'm looking at My life at this point....hmmm,.

like feel like a 10, but could also see in me a 7 many times....I did live in a state for many years in a state of 9 and that was before i came awear that I was livng a 7...Seven opened up my eyes....Guess now 10 has given me more happiness in living in the present and making and more injoyavle..When able to retain it....does get easir al time though, but I wouln;t concider myself as perfect as that... big grin

Next Venom_girl
<--- Buddhist. Wow, Explained well. cool

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well that is a quite a list...I guess I've been there all at once time or another but guess I'm looking at My life at this point....hmmm,.

like feel like a 10, but could also see in me a 7 many times....I did live in a state for many years in a state of 9 and that was before i came awear that I was livng a 7...Seven opened up my eyes....Guess now 10 has given me more happiness in living in the present and making and more injoyavle..When able to retain it....does get easir al time though, but I wouln;t concider myself as perfect as that... big grin

Take a closer look at the list... 9 and 10 are very difficult to attain. Jesus was a 9 and 10.

debbiejo
OK...I'm not god yet, but do try to see things from a whole view.. I look beyond the words and actions of others to see what caused the difference, and it is our course and how we deal with it... and our experiences... we all seemed to start out the same...just like most... But have different experiences...and tragedies.... just like many of them. we .are the same all the same,all all have the same opportunities on how to live this inner and outer live...mostly inner though .....So, maybe an 7/8 would be more appropriate..Not perfect yet? Definably not a 2-4....sorry to say...I've been there. Did enjoy 6 though....still do.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK...I'm not god yet, but do try to see things from a whole view.. I look beyond the words and actions of others to see what caused the difference, and it is our course and how we deal with it... and our experiences... we all seemed to start out the same...just like most... But have different experiences...and tragedies.... just like many of them. we .are the same all the same,all all have the same opportunities on how to live this inner and outer live...mostly inner though .....So, maybe an 7/8 would be more appropriate..Not perfect yet? Definably not a 2-4....sorry to say...I've been there. Did enjoy 6 though....still do.

You might be surprised to know that Hell was my home turf form many years. I've only in the last couple years learned how to get out and stay out. Most people will be in the first 6 worlds bouncing from one to the next hundreds of time in a day.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
1. Hell = Painful suffering, depression or grief.

What do you think?

Hell is where I had spent most of my life.......................................

Now I've CHOSEN to make a different life.............HELL ONLY GETS DEEPER, YES..................Can relate....very much.... sad

And it was hard getting out.....very!!!! So, I'm never goin back.

Freaky Zeeky
Take a closer look at the list... 9 and 10 are very difficult to attain. Jesus was a 9 and 10.

True, but 6 and 7 are also astonishing achievements to accomplish.

Atlantis001

Freaky Zeeky
lol

lil bitchiness
Different branches of Buddhism take on the levels of worlds in a different way. Some branches take worlds literaly while others take it as state of mind as opposed to state of being.

Buddhism is the true religion of peace (although it is more of a philosophy rather than religion)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
True, but 6 and 7 are also astonishing achievements to accomplish.

I think most people don't realize that, but that's OK. I'm just trying to introduce some Buddhist philosophy. Tell us what you know.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Different branches of Buddhism take on the levels of worlds in a different way. Some branches take worlds literaly while others take it as state of mind as opposed to state of being.

Buddhism is the true religion of peace (although it is more of a philosophy rather than religion)

I am a Nichiren Buddhist, we believe the ten worlds to be a state of mind and body, and that there is only on vehicle not three.

Freaky Zeeky
I think most people don't realize that, but that's OK. I'm just trying to introduce some Buddhist philosophy. Tell us what you know.

lol, I don't nothing.

Atlantis001
I am a Nichiren Buddhist, we believe the ten worlds to be a state of mind and body, and that there is only on vehicle not three.

Thats what I believe too. That they are states of mind and body, its just make more sense to me.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

That sig is fire.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
That sig is fire.

I don't understand, please help me and explain in more detail what you are trying to say.

alcoholicpoet
Would nirvana be considered a world or a state of mind?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
Would nirvana be considered a world or a state of mind?

Nirvana is another name for heaven or #6 Happy Dance

Atlantis001
My dog is a 2, I think thats because shes fat ! Whatever.

Shakyamunison
There were questions about the ten worlds. So I bumped this threat to give people a better place to ask questions.

Symmetric Chaos
What's with all the torture?

If you shed the blood of a Buddah you get locked in a box under the ground and constantly burned to death (then revived) for trillions of years.

Shakyamunison
This is a another good explanation.

http://www.nbaa.tv/introbook/ch6.html

Deja~vu
Is one of the worlds where you breath under water? I'll choose that one, please.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Is one of the worlds where you breath under water? I'll choose that one, please.

These are not real worlds, but worlds of the mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.