diablo 3 is being made!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

belly_jeans349
i was reading up on it, its said to be being made in japan as for right now smile

olympian
About time!

SaTsuJiN
it says on that cover in small print "Mock game cover design by an artist at Yazstudios.com " which is no longer a working web page... I think that should tell you something.. and blizzard north wouldnt trust their property to a japanese company... not to mention that cover uses a 2001 blizzard logo

that said, dont hold your breath on d3 being developed yet

olympian
More likely they are and are not telling anything. Like Diablo 2. Its too big a franchise not to be followed id say.

And if it takes long like it did Diablo 2 the wait its going to be long.

SaTsuJiN
Oh I didnt mean to say they werent going to work on it at all.. but having a japanese company working on it?.. thats a bit far fetched..

however, I have an interesting tidbit here :
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Diablo-3-a-secret-revealed-1545.shtml

Primitive Screwhead
As Satsujin said, Blizzard would in no way allow one of theirpremier titles to be worked on oustide of its studios over here. Furthermore, Blizzard prides itself on working on only a couple (if not only one) projects at a time before moving onto another one... and they are still well into development on Starcraft Ghost and maintaining WoW. If Diablo 3 begins getting the treatment, Blizzard will post news right on its website.

I hope they do get around to #3, but I'd much rather get a worthy follow-up to the Starcraft series, and not in terms of an FPS.

BackFire
They need Starcraft 2, big time.

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by BackFire
They need Starcraft 2, big time.

With Dawn of War engine eek!

Smasandian
Definitly Starcraft 2.

Where the hell is it?

Stop using Warcraft for new games.

DaRk Lotus
I've had Starcraft2 on hold since last year sad and it still has not come out yet mad

zammorak76
need for speed underground 2

diabloprimeevil
Originally posted by belly_jeans349
i was reading up on it, its said to be being made in japan as for right now smile
please say your not messin with my head oh for the love of god please

DarkCanadian
Japan?!

SaTsuJiN
Nope.. if anything its in conceptual stages in america somewheres.. blizz would never hand over their franchise to japanese.. thats just dumb

DarkCanadian
I know that would be retarded.

DaRk Lotus
I hope that you have new people to pic.

diabloprimeevil
every diablo fan say yea i have heard it is in development as we speek they started about 2 months ago i think

SaTsuJiN
if such is the case.. you can expect starcraft fans to be VERY angry...

MrBones
fabulous....just caaaaaan't wait!

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by diabloprimeevil
every diablo fan say yea i have heard it is in development as we speek they started about 2 months ago i think

All rumor and wishful thinking. Ghost and WoW maintenance are the only active projects according to Blizzard support, as mentioned earlier (not sure why people read the tail end of the chain and not pick up on these things from before). They may have something to announce in terms of upcoming projects at Blizzcon... but I highly doubt they're "two months" into development as of yet without any mention of it on the Blizzard website.

crazy_shadow
well....its what i read up on...erm

Primitive Screwhead
Blizzard is very good on keeping its fans notified of what is coming down the pipeline. If it's not mentioned during any trade shows (or on their website) that they are at, the rumor is pretty much baseless. Especially when the rumor starts with word that they are beginning development for Japan first. Being a North American company, they start here first... also, they would never outsource development on one of their biggest franchises. I think I mentioned that before.

Wait till October... that's when Blizz-Con is, and I'm sure they'll have details on their business plan for the upcoming months (or years, in the case of Ghost).

MadMel
BUMP...they're really making it now..the sight is up now....

forumcrew
there is no blizzard site of it up yet, but there is a lot of speculation..

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2006/02/rumor_diablo_ii.php

http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9257

MadMel
this probably isnt a blizzard site but i found this yesterday
http://www.Diablo3.com

SaTsuJiN
blizzard has been thought to purchase certain web domains relating to diablo 3 lately..

with Hellgate : London coming soon (by the creators of Diablo series), blizzard may do good by countering with a diablo of their own...I personally find it hilarious how world of warcraft paladin sucks.. so arena.net developers are making a game about paladins kicking ass laughing

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/downloads.html

MadMel
looks good

forumcrew
we should also remember the great minds that made D1 and D2 arnt all there anymore, Guild Wars was created by a lot of those guys who left.

crazy_shadow
diablo 2 had me addicted for 3 years straight....no lie....i hope diablo 3 has the same effect on my fat ass LOL

...omg did i read this right?

"but Diablo is what they are really going to show coming to 360"

Does that mean Diablo3 will be on Xbox360?

crazy_shadow
i have researched hard on this game, and these are BELIEVED images..no one knows yet if they are real or not, but i guess some website said they got it from blizzard or something. ive researched and cant find any games on it so if u guys know, then maybe you can tell me now...
#1 diablo 3 screenshot

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2860/diablo31pv6.jpg

#2 diablo 3 screenshot

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1447/diablo32ce5.jpg

and last screenshot..

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3429/diablo33vi0.jpg

reason i have big wonders about these shots are because the items and damage details look very very similar to diablo 2 and stuff...so if you guys have true info on where these came from please lemme know, thnx...

Infinity
wow my friend that looks sick . anyways i play diablo 2 lod. anyoone wanna play with me ? i play USWEST LADDER .

Swe_Bum
Those pics don't look so amazing... in fact they are ugly, and i wouldn't be a surprise if that was how it was going to look before they made it how it looks now.

Swe_Bum
kinda 64:ish graphic

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Infinity
wow my friend that looks sick . anyways i play diablo 2 lod. anyoone wanna play with me ? i play USWEST LADDER . yeah my account names Crazey_Shadow

Originally posted by Swe_Bum
kinda 64:ish graphic Exactly what i was thinking...but i cant find anything on the pictures for what game it could be for...so it might be true or may not be....

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
i have researched hard on this game, and these are BELIEVED images..no one knows yet if they are real or not, but i guess some website said they got it from blizzard or something. ive researched and cant find any games on it so if u guys know, then maybe you can tell me now...
#1 diablo 3 screenshot

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2860/diablo31pv6.jpg

#2 diablo 3 screenshot

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1447/diablo32ce5.jpg

and last screenshot..

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3429/diablo33vi0.jpg

reason i have big wonders about these shots are because the items and damage details look very very similar to diablo 2 and stuff...so if you guys have true info on where these came from please lemme know, thnx...

lmao thats dungeon seige

Pandemoniac
Indeed! This guy did hard research on Diablo 3 and came up with this??

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lmao thats dungeon seige lol well that sites got a lot of fake info apparently i guess?

Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Indeed! This guy did hard research on Diablo 3 and came up with this?? actually i did 10 minutes of researching for pictures. i only researched hard for information on release and everything stick out tongue

Pandemoniac
Ah ok. Now Dungeon Siege was at it release nicked Diablo 3 for it's similarities. Probably why screenshots from that game came up during your search. A pretty cool game by the way, if you can forgive it stealing a lot from Diablo.

MadMel
damn...those screens looked kinda good..

crazy_shadow
Ah ok. Now Dungeon Siege was at it release nicked Diablo 3 for it's similarities. Probably why screenshots from that game came up during your search. A pretty cool game by the way, if you can forgive it stealing a lot from Diablo. lol yeah, i was all up n excited over nothing eek!

MadMel
lol...

SaTsuJiN
well with good reason.. although considering the old devs left.. I'm not sure how up-to-par D3 will be compared to D2

Ushgarak
People might be interested to know that at a recent financial presentation made within Blizzard (the details of which, apparently to Blizzard's irritation, are public) said that, from a financial point of view, it would be a good idea to make on-line games out of their other franchises, namely Starcraft and Diablo.

That doesn't mean anything is happening, but it means the financial pressure is there, even if they don't continue the basic Diablo franchise.

SaTsuJiN
ugh..... world of diablo-craft... roll eyes (sarcastic)

MadMel
lol, again....WOD i dont think would be as big a succses as WOW...if they do continue making diablo games, i think blizzard should just keep them as they always have..

VanillaCocaCola
I would play world of Starcraft over world of Wonderwoman.

MadMel
e....................................................................ok

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by MadMel
lol, again....WOD i dont think would be as big a succses as WOW...if they do continue making diablo games, i think blizzard should just keep them as they always have.. course it wouldnt, who makes a DIABLO game MMO, that's just...not worth it!!!! Diablo needs to stick with the story...devil tryin to take over world, heroes fighting them away to get off it....u know....the good stuff stick out tongue

MadMel
damn straight!

Ushgarak
Well... I would have thought if any franchise of theirs was easily adapted to MMO it was Diablo. I mean, battle.net Diablo is most of the way there already.

But I will repeat again- this was a business presentation relating to entirely financial interests. It says nothing about what Blizzard wants creatively.

SaTsuJiN
I think they're gonna do 'choose your alignment'.... like how one of the books in diablo 1 stated that "Some daring and powerful mortals have allied themselves with either side"... they would prolly do that... "Choose Heaven or Hell" thing.. which could prove for some interesting gameplay if it actually affected the look of the world.. plus it'd have to be a prequel , cuz noone knows what happened at the smashing of the stone

BackFire
It looks like the next game Blizzard will be making is another RTS. Seeing as they're hiring RTS developers right now.

DarkC
Originally posted by BackFire
It looks like the next game Blizzard will be making is another RTS. Seeing as they're hiring RTS developers right now.
If it's not StarCraft 2, I'll....cry or something.

crazy_shadow
I think they're gonna do 'choose your alignment'.... like how one of the books in diablo 1 stated that "Some daring and powerful mortals have allied themselves with either side"... they would prolly do that... "Choose Heaven or Hell" thing.. which could prove for some interesting gameplay if it actually affected the look of the world.. plus it'd have to be a prequel , cuz noone knows what happened at the smashing of the stone U READ THE FIRST BOOK? eek!

dude if diablo3 is based on the book, i'll cry of happiness, the book ROCKED....it deserves to be a movie ..

or are you talking about "Diablo 1" the game's little books in it? -.- :'(

SaTsuJiN
I'm referring to the game books... cuz they kinna give you a history of the world that you're in... this one OCremix includes most, if not all of those 'books'... while I couldnt find the mix on the site, I uploaded it to Yousendit in case any of ya wanna hear it

Its a pretty basic mix.. but its a good listen just for the lil lore speeches with that dudes cool voice lol

the mix :
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A2A5C2305E38EB22

Its called "The Sin War" by Daknit, Bard of Tarot

MadMel
lost of people believe (and these are just rumours) that if 3 is made, it will be set in the past, before 1..and that you will be able to choose light or dark side...too bad they're just rumours..

crazy_shadow
lost of people believe (and these are just rumours) that if 3 is made, it will be set in the past, before 1..and that you will be able to choose light or dark side...too bad they're just rumours.. ....i really hope it's not heaven vs. hell...cause to me, that sounds like an MMO...and that's not what im looking for sad

i really wish they would make a movie based on the first book...it would make me fall in love with blizzard forever XD!!!

Kayne Archeron
well, Diablo 2 did kind of take an MMO direction... so i don't see why 3 won't be one

Himo
Starcraft Online? I would kill to play that. Become a Zerg and kill me somes Terrans. You have to admit, that's sound like damn good fun.

SaTsuJiN
I liked the idea of starcraft ghost.. shame its vaporware

Swe_Bum
Whats "vaporware" ??

MadMel
anyone remember that april fools hoax about that world of starcraft screen...that was funny laughing out loud

Swe_Bum
Yeah laughing

To bad that one isn't true
I would get it if they made it

SaTsuJiN
vaporware are games that never get completed
(like duke nukem forever)

Swe_Bum
Ohh.. And Starcraft Ghost.... If its going to be completed..

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
well, Diablo 2 did kind of take an MMO direction... so i don't see why 3 won't be one how can u even say it took mmo direction? it had a storyline. mmo's are just about doing random weekly updated quests.

Vinny Valentine
That was made years ago.

MadMel
really!!..omg!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

forumcrew
anyone remember that april fools hoax about that world of starcraft screen...that was funny laughing out loud

Id really like that if it were done, I knew it was april fools but i was so upset cause i started thinking about how f'n great it would be. And finnaly something thats not warriors/elfs/mages/etc.. setting.

MadMel
you mean blizzard..or MMO's in general?

Ushgarak
Well, it is a fair point either way.

From what can be told form subscriber figures- which are hard to get accurately but a large effort has been made- some 93.5% of the entire MMO market is fantasy, and 4.1% sci-fi- and that is counting Superheroes as sci-fi.

Does make you wonder about how stagnant it is getting- but on the other hand, it seems to be what people want.

Kayne Archeron
how can u even say it took mmo direction? it had a storyline. mmo's are just about doing random weekly updated quests.

you could play online with many other people... MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

crazy_shadow
you could play online with many other people... MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

8 players is normal, not massive

Burning thought
WORLD OF SANCTIOARY (spelling)

Diablo online would be awsome, as long as they didnt charge you so much to subscribe, a small amount would be fine but with all their Warcraft subscribers givin them money i think they should lessen any other MMORPG games they make

Also Diablo should be back, usual thing happens, tries to destroy the world but we stop him, NO WORLD OF WARCRAFT GRAPHS, awsome graphs of this generation of gaming and Please i wanna see Diablo large, about the size or much bigger than WoW bosses like Ragnaros or maybe twice the size of him, that would be awsome with all the Diablo classes fighting that in teams of like 100, Crazy and almsot uncontrollable indeed, but a fight to remember

MadMel
nope...no giant teams.........teams of 16 (8 light side, 8 dark side) to 20 maximum..
man i wish i could go online on 2 sad...i dont have a working CD key sad sad

Burning thought
why not big armies sad ? i think its ridiculous that the ruler of hell who even is a threat to heaven is defeaten by a group of humans, maybe if the character classes were Angelic or immortal beings but humans would need at least 60-100 people to beat Satan, and thats if they could realistically OFC

MadMel
i doubt any of the heroes in diablo are human...more like inhuman...in the diablo world, noone seems to be able to jump, but the barbarian can laughing out loud....incredible!! it must be magic!!!...
do you still play 2 online?

Kayne Archeron
MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

8 players is normal, not massive

that's about the size of your usual MMO party anyway

crazy_shadow
that's about the size of your usual MMO party anyway

the party but not the multiplayer world itself. it contains from 1000+ players per a world, diablo only goes from 1-8. so it's not concidered MMO.

Originally posted by Burning thought
WORLD OF SANCTIOARY (spelling)

Diablo online would be awsome, as long as they didnt charge you so much to subscribe, a small amount would be fine but with all their Warcraft subscribers givin them money i think they should lessen any other MMORPG games they make

Also Diablo should be back, usual thing happens, tries to destroy the world but we stop him, NO WORLD OF WARCRAFT GRAPHS, awsome graphs of this generation of gaming and Please i wanna see Diablo large, about the size or much bigger than WoW bosses like Ragnaros or maybe twice the size of him, that would be awsome with all the Diablo classes fighting that in teams of like 100, Crazy and almsot uncontrollable indeed, but a fight to remember
Diablo 2 is based on Diablo comming back to take over. mainly mephisto, but diablo comes back because of diablo1. At the end of Diablo1 you kill him and your character takes the stone and uses it thinking it'll make him all powerful. but in diablo2 later the character gets weaker from it, and eventually mephisto turns the warrior into Diablo, and yeah that's how hes back to take over. so there you go :/. Warrior = dark wanderer, if you have only played diablo2.

MadMel
yea, you can tell from the cinematics...

Pandemoniac
the party but not the multiplayer world itself. it contains from 1000+ players per a world, diablo only goes from 1-8. so it's not concidered MMO.

Diablo 2 is based on Diablo comming back to take over. mainly mephisto, but diablo comes back because of diablo1. At the end of Diablo1 you kill him and your character takes the stone and uses it thinking it'll make him all powerful. but in diablo2 later the character gets weaker from it, and eventually mephisto turns the warrior into Diablo, and yeah that's how hes back to take over. so there you go :/. Warrior = dark wanderer, if you have only played diablo2.

Indeed, and I've gotta admire the twist in that. The hero of D1 turning painfully becoming a prime evil in D2, nice!
Word has it that Bloodraven in D2 is in fact the rogue from part 1, also corrupted, alike the mage in hell (forgot the name) which might be the sorcerer from part 1.

MadMel
hmm...maybe....

crazy_shadow
Indeed, and I've gotta admire the twist in that. The hero of D1 turning painfully becoming a prime evil in D2, nice!
Word has it that Bloodraven in D2 is in fact the rogue from part 1, also corrupted, alike the mage in hell (forgot the name) which might be the sorcerer from part 1. yeah cause if u talk to kashya she talks about how she was one of her greatest rogue warriors. and that actually did make me think about the first game, but then i kind of doubted it. but now that someone else has said something about it, it makes me wonder about it.

are you talking about the summoner? i never thought of resemblance there. Or you talking about someone else?

I decided I'm going to play the whole game and listen to every single detail that townsfolk say about the game. I listened to all of act1, including cains non-talking style...it really gives you a LOT of information.

Kayne Archeron
i usually listen to info in games anyway... i keep trying to get myself to read the books in Oblivion XD

MadMel
lol...i want this game made....thats a plea, pleople...a plea!!

crazy_shadow
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727896p1.html

MadMel
oooh..

crazy_shadow
droolio

MadMel
i just hope it isnt 360 only..whatever this suprise is shifty...

Bicnarok
funny enough Ive just been playing Diablo 2 for the past few days, the game rocks.

Hope 3 comes out.

K73SK
http://www.diablo3.com/cmps_index.php?page=diablo3information

K73SK
http://pc.ign.com/articles/761/761079p1.html

read the top one /w diablo3. i hope it means before 2010, because i can't wait till 2017...we're all gonna die in 2012 xD

also this is REALLY interesting

http://pc.ign.com/articles/757/757996p3.html

MadMel
ive seen all of those already...read the forums at Diablo3.com..there is a lot of stuff there..

K73SK
well....well....ur a hoooore xD lol

MadMel
laughing

Pulse2
Still excited about this game, its got lots to do to even reach WOW level though.

K73SK
well, on diablo2 release, they sold 1 million copies in the very first week. i have no doubt diablo3 will be similar.

^ which made world record of...whatever year that was big grin

MadMel
plus why would they want it to be "on the same level" as WOW..people who play diablo wont always like WOW and vice versa...to make it "as good" as WOW they'd have no choice but to make a wow clone outta diablo, and if they do that, lots of D fans wont buy it..

G U I T A R
I heard its coming out for xbox 360, I had a thread for this but lana locked it..

MadMel
i doubt it will be for the 360..it would piss off any diablo fan with the sense to realise that diablo is a PC game..the 360 pad wont be able to handle the multi tasking that the daiblo series needs..

Pulse2
i doubt it will be for the 360..it would piss off any diablo fan with the sense to realise that diablo is a PC game..the 360 pad wont be able to handle the multi tasking that the daiblo series needs.. Exactly what I said. I wouldn't even mind it so much on Wii, if Wii could handle it that is.

Burning thought
i dont know about consoles....i cant imagine people playin Diablo 3 as smoothly on any handheld pad than on a PC mouse and keyboard

hmm i think the design will probably be very much like World of warcraft, quests..that sort of thing, hopefully theyll be using the same sort of graphics engine as Hellgate london which is looking superb imho

however unlike world of warcrafts strong lack of atmopshere which has slighlty been covered by the grind of items ime hoping it will keep the atmosphere of its predessors...Demons taking on the might of the worlds heroes, powered and aided by the high heavens.....that sort of thing..i would certainly enjoy seeing old favarite characters...i dont kno about good old Cain coming back...i think hes had enuf..would like to see him tho..perhaps a spirit but he seems very old

i think more adventurous classes should be added such as actualy Seraphim warriors from heaven..perhaps innovations such as puzzals to reach various places...like getting a certain set of items like in diablo 2, only more difficult, perhaps more pieces to the puzzle to get to a end of act boss...and ofc..everyone prob would like to see the powerful bosses come to life in latest game engines

since environs would be 3D, perhaps a small amount of desturcability in single player

Pulse2
I refuse to pay to play online, so I hope they don't go and pull a WOW on us and charge us to play the game online as thats the only mode it has. That will suck big time.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Pulse2
I refuse to pay to play online, so I hope they don't go and pull a WOW on us and charge us to play the game online as thats the only mode it has. That will suck big time.

I'm with you there. I play on LAN only. Pay to play is BS. I hope they don't stray to far from D2 because D2 was nearly perfect if you ask me. Maybe add more cows to cow town. I would also like a bird man race were you can fly for periods of time and fling arrows down on mungsters.

MadMel
i agree...no consoles, and no online pay..

Burning thought
i agree...no consoles, and no online pay..

no i think there should be online play, just for free like the orginals, if all you had was lan then you wouldnt be able to get as mant people, they would probably use the old Battle.net

MadMel
i said PAY! laughing out loud

Burning thought
i said PAY! laughing out loud

oh yeh sry laughing ..quiet its early for me stick out tongue

G U I T A R
They can change the control settings though to where it is 360 capable.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by G U I T A R
They can change the control settings though to where it is 360 capable.

or just have it come with a mouse and keyboard.

Burning thought
controls a poblem or not, i just wouldnt feel right holding a pad when playing a diablo game....gotta have a mouse and keyboard stick out tongue

dirkdirden
they could make a cool mouse and a 10 key pad for the 360 and Diablo 3 is ready to go.

Except Xbox live will make it incompatible with the PC version.

MadMel
blizzard and ms could have some sort of battlenet/live agreement, then everyone would be complaining about how WOW isnt on the 360 either..
so yea, stick to the PC, blizzard..

Burning thought
WoW on 360? HAHAHA..erm...just imagine that laughing

Pulse2
No, Diablo on 360 would still suck, could you imagine how restricted it would be online, thats a major suckage, no mods, no hacks, no edits, thats gay.

Besides, it is more likely to be a best seller on PC then it is on 360, besides, if WOW didn't port, why should Diablo? The fact you would have to go and buy a mouse and keyboard just to play Diablo would be a major turn off. On top of the $50 price of diablo (or so), another $20 or more for accessories would be rather annoying. PS Diablo sucked -_-

SaTsuJiN
I'm still hoping for a diablo 2 on nintendo ds.. that could soo work

dirkdirden
I'm still hoping for a diablo 2 on nintendo ds.. that could soo work

That would steal my life all over again, in a good way.

K73SK
finally being able to get online i can post what i was reading at school (computers wont let me log in -.-)

Diablo1 was on the playstation 1 and it worked perfectly fine /w the controls, i doubt it'd be that bad to have diablo3 on the 360. the only true difference between consoles and pc for diablo is the potion using. otherwise, it's just as easy to play either one. I actually liked diablo1 better on the ps1...

SaTsuJiN
I'm guessing after world of warcraft is over (as in full on content, full on patches), blizzard will be a giant mega corporation and have multiple MMOs busting out

i.e. world of diablo / world of starcraft

NCsoft has quite a large amount of MMO's under its belt, so blizzard isnt that far off

I dont envision blizzard creating something that isnt a constant money maker (like the pay to play online games are)

K73SK
no.........

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727896p1.html
As he says...

In terms of what these games could be, we asked if they would fall in line with the major success Blizzard has had with World of Warcraft. "I want to be clear that we're not just content to be an MMO company," Sams explained. "Some other companies get into the role of making just MMOs, but Blizzard lets the developers pick what they want to work on, and it's not all MMOs."

which i mean..gives me a HUGE doubt of "world of diablo" ...they should know that wouldn't make near as much money.

MadMel
exactly..

dirkdirden
Originally posted by K73SK
finally being able to get online i can post what i was reading at school (computers wont let me log in -.-)

Diablo1 was on the playstation 1 and it worked perfectly fine /w the controls, i doubt it'd be that bad to have diablo3 on the 360. the only true difference between consoles and pc for diablo is the potion using. otherwise, it's just as easy to play either one. I actually liked diablo1 better on the ps1...

Yeah the PS1 diablo was fun with 2 players.

Pulse2
Well, I hope they first of all don't name it "world of diablo", that sucks, lol.

I don't think its fair that Diablo players will have to pay to play thier next sequel unless its got a single player mode as well as a MMO mode, thus giving fans an option, rather then forcing them to go P2PMMO.

Considering the game unlike Warcraft is based on a specific person or creature, that being Diablo, Diablo would have to feature in it somehow, first of all, they'd have to work out how in the heck Diablo gets reborn, unless summoned back using evil or something. Also, it would have to have some kind of plot, what made Diablo 2 great was its awesome storyplot, I loved watching the movies in between, they were almost like watching LOTR. I really thought Diablo would have been an awesome movie, imagine that big burning demon in LOTR: Fellowship of the ring as Diablo, now imagine a battle scene like that of the third part of LOTR with Diablo as part of it.

As a Diablo fan, it made me annoyed looking at LOTR, as a lot of the ideas used in LOTR would have been awesome in a Diablo movie.

Going back to the game, hmm, I dunno how an MMO would incorperate into the plot.

NinthSith
By the time Diablo 3 comes out the 360 will be a fossil and more then likely won't be able to play it.Im assuming Diablo 3 will be next-next generation.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by NinthSith
By the time Diablo 3 comes out the 360 will be a fossil and more then likely won't be able to play it.Im assuming Diablo 3 will be next-next generation.

Never thought about that PC games are already truping 360 and PS3 capabilities. I am very excited for Diablo 3 but they have so much to live up to it might be a let down.

SaTsuJiN
so do you think world of warcraft makes more money or less money than their other "battle.net" titles?

6+ million people's purchased copies + 15 dollars a month from all of them

sure they say they wont be a strict mmo company.. but right now it seems like almost 100% of their revenue is coming from world of warcraft.. what would make them diverge from that?

dirkdirden

Pulse2
so do you think world of warcraft makes more money or less money than their other "battle.net" titles?

sure they say they wont be a strict mmo company.. but right now it seems like almost 100% of their revenue is coming from world of warcraft.. what would make them diverge from that? They can't depend on one source, and are you forgetting that Blizzard has multiple studios, each working on a different project, and there are fans of each of these. Each off these games from Blizzard offers something unique, Warcraft is a race war, Diablo is a fight against a hell beast, and Starcraft is a futuristic war.

dirkdirden
They can't depend on one source, and are you forgetting that Blizzard has multiple studios, each working on a different project, and there are fans of each of these. Each off these games from Blizzard offers something unique, Warcraft is a race war, Diablo is a fight against a hell beast, and Starcraft is a futuristic war.

Nicely put.

china would revole if they turned star craft into a MMO. Seriously people will die by the thousands.

SaTsuJiN
each working on a different project, and there are fans of each of these.

"working" ?... I doubt they have diverged their creativity away from world of warcraft

granted they have multiple studios, but most of their manpower is on world of warcraft at the current time

as for the other series popularity.. I dont doubt that.. I'm personally a fan of the diablo universe first and foremost.. but from a financial standpoint, it just seems more stable for blizzard to hang on to world of warcraft for a few years more

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Nicely put.

china would revole if they turned star craft into a MMO. Seriously people will die by the thousands.

actually korea is most known for its love of starcraft, and hold nationwide / international gaming competitions for it

Burning thought
just to clear things up, Diablo is not dead incase anyone thinks he is, his body was merly destroyed on the mortal plane...i dont think Diablo can be stopped since he is the embodiment of a human emotion, hes also the Devil...and Tyreal clearly states he was simply banished to the deepest pit of hell...

the next games plot would prob feature all hell letting itself lose on the world since breaking the world stone sort of messed up the forces holding realms apart...and now hell is being blurred into earth

MadMel
or like the original rumurs, d3 could actually be set in the "sin war" just to clear things up about the past

mith fox
is diablo II good to play online?? im buying warcraft III with all those expanisons today to play mainly online. but i hear diablo II is good do a lot of ppl play online with it?

K73SK

sure they say they wont be a strict mmo company.. but right now it seems like almost 100% of their revenue is coming from world of warcraft.. what would make them diverge from that? it's not that, it's the fact most WoW fans hate diablo (said most not all) and most Diablo fans hate WoW. If you step into a Diablo chat room and attempt talking about WoW, i bet you most of the people will tell u to get the hell out. If blizzard were to change Diablo into an MMO, most of the diablo players may quit, and concidering most WoW fans hate diablo, why would they go buy the 3rd one?
or like the original rumurs, d3 could actually be set in the "sin war" just to clear things up about the past
yeah, the 4th book of diablo was about the sin war, which makes me always wonder. the 1st book had bartuc, and diablo2 had him as one of the minion sets from Baal at the end. the 2nd was...well nothing really like the game IMO...and i never read the 3rd.
Originally posted by mith fox
is diablo II good to play online?? im buying warcraft III with all those expanisons today to play mainly online. but i hear diablo II is good do a lot of ppl play online with it?
playing non-hardcore can get you addicted. I've never been so addicted to any other game in my life. Hardcore used to be addictive, till the people made hacks and killed other players.

mith fox
I hate hackers. I used to have a little item that helped me in a rpg i used to play witch name will not be mentioned to keep its identity a secret. But i quit all that now i only use cheat codes not hacks but if on occasion ppl are dumb enough i will scam. =p

Pulse2
K73SK, thats true, during the period I was playing Diablo, Diablo gamers still playing wanted nothing to do with WOW, and if anything, WOW has sort of stolen the gameplay format from Diablo, WOW is what I pictured Diablo 3 to be before WOW released. Except without the ORC, and dwalves and whatever else races there are, just the heros such as paladins.

Blizzard can and will hang onto WOW for as long as they can, and as long as they keep expanding, they will always have gamers in WOW, there are millions playing it as I type this, and I doubt that will change in the next few years, it would take a new WOW or something to shift those gamers away from thier beloved MMO.

Diablo wouldn't be an MMO, its a journey to defeat Diablo, nothing else. Just Diablo and anything else that gets between you and Diablo, thats what it will always be. Its a completely different game, and starcraft is a tactical RTS, again completly different, so there is no reason for Blizzard to wait for WOW popularity to die down before making the next Starcraft or Diablo, give me a game that has FF or Oblivion gameplay, and that will make the perfect Diablo for me.

As for Starcraft, it doesnt really stand up as an MMO because you do not focus on one character at a time, you focus on a whole base or army, therefore, the most Blizzard can do is expand the worlds, make then superb looking, lots of mechs etc to choose from and allow more then 20 people onto a battle field at a time.

MadMel
just about the gameplay style-
the perfect diablo 3 gameplay style would be be the same as the first 2, since the only game to use the same thing in over 5 years is titan quest, so itll feel even better..

Pulse2

Burning thought
meh, i dont rly want it point and click, i like to see scale and size in games...i feel like everythin is a bit small in point and click, not that their bad games..i got titan quest and luved it but i think Diablo 3 should be diffrent

Pulse2
If it is different, I only want it to look like that of FF11. Nothing else.

I don't want it changing too much, I gotten used to the gameplay, and it won't feel like the Diablo we all know if it changes drastically.

SaTsuJiN
WoW stole everything it could from diablo 2 lol.

blizzard isnt intelligent enough to create something new and good so they had to leech from thier forefather's games. Thats not even counting the stuff they ripped off of everquest and other various MMO's

right now their mindset is very japanese... "take a technology that exists and 'make it better' "

the only thing that really disgusted me about WoW was how they gave a warrior class barbarian AND paladin skills and then leave paladins in wow with garbage support skills
-------------------------------------------------

As for WoW and Diablo fans hating their "opposing" game, most people I know like all 3 franchises

Burning thought
so do i, whats wrong with likeing all 3?...nothin..their only good games, and all are great games indeed...id just like Diablo 3 in a perspective like most modern RPG's, but with their free online battle net paving the way for online play and ofc new graphics and the original plot and atmopshere carrying on

MadMel
it would kill the diablo franchise if they changed the gameplay, because a lot of people (a good 70-90%) wouldnt like it..daiblos point-and-click is what made the series so great, and if they changed it, it would be a diablo game in name only..

Pulse2
Diablo is my fave, Starcraft was cool, but after playing Ground Control, and Dark Reign, I haven't gone back to Star craft and C&C and other RTSs, GC owns :P

And Warcraft I have always found boring until WoW, and I can't be bothered to pay for WoW, I don't even pay for XBL, what makes you think I am gonna pay for WoW. Not in a million years, some people have better things to spend thier cash other then to see other gaming nerds online. Lol, never liked pay to play online modes, I'm a cheapskate, so what! I'd rather spend my money on sexy lingerie for my gf, at least I'm getting something out of it, lmao.

I really hope Diablo does not go P2P, the second they anounce it does and has no single player option, I will be turned right off the game. Free online? Yeah okay, Pay? Hell no!

dirkdirden
I think Diablo 3 will turn all our brains to shit, but in a good way.

I have full faith that it will be worthy of the franchise and make us shoot a load in the underwares.

Pulse2
Lets hope, Blizzard games outside of the three famous titles seem to have a reputation for sucking, some vampire game was released by them for PS2 a while back, never heard from it since. And Starcraft ghost? What happened to that? Did it ever see the light of day? Or are we still waiting for it? Cos I know nothing about it, and if its out already, it couldn't be that good if I know nothing about its existance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.