What exactly is Heaven?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

travesty87
I know there's a thread on what Hell is, so I was wondering what do you think Heaven is?
Is it just a happy mental state or another plane of existance?
I know it's usually seen as some kind of eternal reward after death.

debbiejo
It's my happy place.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by travesty87
I know there's a thread on what Hell is, so I was wondering what do you think Heaven is?

Whatever you think Hell is, Heaven is the opposite.

Morning_Glory
streets of gold in Heaven
no fear
no pain
no evil
all good

Freaky Zeeky
Exactly

sk8stuff09
yes

piccola_nuvola
I have no idea

sad or should it be smile

Morning_Glory
wow! ... such interesting comments in the last 2 posts... Im overwellmed

piccola_nuvola
well, your comment was interesting too!

Congratulations!

Atlantis001
Another state of being.... just like hell. smile

pr1983
if it exists...

an individuals idea of a perfect life...

HimoKun
It is your paradise. It is a place of complete harmony.

travesty87
wat if it's just a concept created by man to encourage more moral behaviour?

cking
heaven is god's home and earth is his footstool it is the place of the righteous.

Fishy
Its nothing, it does not have streets of gold it probably won't even have your family. If heaven does exist it will probably just be a feeling. A feeling of perfection and bliss. The chance we could ever live in a perfect place is very slim. If we would go to heaven and it would be a city our entire personality would be changed and our only reason for living would be destroyed. Why test us if you are going to destroy us? So heaven will probably be a feeling. Or just a life as the one we have on earth only with less suffering.

cking
true, going to heaven is very slim. heaven is indescribable.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Heaven is a place you enter if God decides to invite you there when you die. Thus, Hell, if you're bad.
I believe Heaven has an entrance but no exit. The entrance is a white gate high in the clouds where God greets you into his Kingdom. Heaven is a place you re-greet others you've known through life that've died and can eternally be in peace, etc.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Heaven is a place you enter if God decides to invite you there when you die. Thus, Hell, if you're bad.
I believe Heaven has an entrance but no exit. The entrance is a white gate high in the clouds where God greets you into his Kingdom. Heaven is a place you re-greet others you've known through life that've died and can eternally be in peace, etc.

Can you tell me where it is?

cking
heaven is an invisible place. a place of spirits. Jesus said that the flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

A believer
i believe heaven is here on earth so isn't hell !
with out the bad you cant appreciate the good like when the sun is shinning for say 3 days and then a storm hits and it rains for a week wow! thats a bummer then u say i wish this weather would clear up like last week and then the weather breaks and its a bright sunny day because u just experienced a bad day now with out the bad u cant appreciate the good. simple enough, don't u think?
u see i believe in reincarnation
i really cant see a heaven and everything so good and perfect
don't u think it would get boring?
"so here comes the karma"
a beatles lyric ill always cherish and believe .the song "the end"
"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" cool

cking
my vision of heaven is in the bible, not on earth.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Can you tell me where it is?
Wherever the dead souls of good people want it to be.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Another state of being.... just like hell. smile

Yup......

JimMorrison227
Heaven is a place where pink and purple bunny rabbits hop around, on gold and silver streets. Heaven is where fruit is always ripe, and none of it ever goes bad. Heaven is a place where there is no such thing has rape, guns, racism, homophobics, fright, disease, blood, or pain. Heaven is the place where you can steal old man Stuart's pie that is cooling on his window ledge, but catch you in mid-act, and yell at you screaming "Gosh darn you little rascals" but you know deep down, he loves you guys. Heaven is the place where everyone is beautiful.

SaTsuJiN
I know it's usually seen as some kind of eternal reward after death. I believe heaven to be a sanctuary of appreciation and forgiveness

cking
true, it is a place of the forgiven and the appreciation.

Fishy
Originally posted by A believer
i believe heaven is here on earth so isn't hell !
with out the bad you cant appreciate the good like when the sun is shinning for say 3 days and then a storm hits and it rains for a week wow! thats a bummer then u say i wish this weather would clear up like last week and then the weather breaks and its a bright sunny day because u just experienced a bad day now with out the bad u cant appreciate the good. simple enough, don't u think?
u see i believe in reincarnation
i really cant see a heaven and everything so good and perfect
don't u think it would get boring?
"so here comes the karma"
a beatles lyric ill always cherish and believe .the song "the end"
"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" cool

Thats why I said that if it does exist its going to be a feeling not a real place.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Fishy
Thats why I said that if it does exist its going to be a feeling not a real place.

If you really want to know...you have to visit the Religious Forum and click on the thread "Who's in Hell." laughing out loud

Fishy
Well Gandi will be, everybody before Jesus was born all the people that never heard of God. Hitler of course is not he believed in god so he is forgiven...

debbiejo
To get to Heaven....you have to answer St. Peters questions.....Juns have to...

A nun dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter says to her, "I'm sure you've lead a virtuous life, Sister, but before I can let you into heaven, you must answer one question. What," asks St. Peter,"were Eve's first words when she saw Adam?"
"Boy," says the nun, "that's a hard one."
"That's right!" says St. Peter, and the pearly gates open wide

Shakyamunison
This cosmos is heaven, if you want it to be.

debbiejo
Heaven is a place in your mind......

occultus
heaven is whatever you want it to be.

occultus
Originally posted by Fishy
Well Gandi will be, everybody before Jesus was born all the people that never heard of God. Hitler of course is not he believed in god so he is forgiven...

wtf? Hitler was evil, he is not forgiven! Dude your world veiw is seriously messed up. Unless this is a joke... it has to be.

finti
due to christian logic all those who accept christ as their savior and seek forgivness for their sins should receive redemption, that away Hitler can get it, even Satan can get it

debbiejo
Only if he answers the question right......

big gay kirk
According to the bible, and Jewish tradition, Heaven is built on ten levels, with the Lord living on number seven, and the Creator on umber ten.... and when you get to heaven, your reward is to sing the praise of the Lord for all eternity, without break, rest or pause.....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by big gay kirk
According to the bible, and Jewish tradition, Heaven is built on ten levels, with the Lord living on number seven, and the Creator on umber ten.... and when you get to heaven, your reward is to sing the praise of the Lord for all eternity, without break, rest or pause.....

So this is really just one big audition for a job in god's quire? laughing

BackFire
Prostitute + Vegas + Money - Willpower = Heaven.

finti
ha ha ha

Deano
hell is at west brom, heaven is at molineux and thats where i come from

finti
wolves laughing out loud draw me a picture a draw this game .....yet again

debbiejo
Paradise is in Michigan...not to far from hell....seen the signs...Really...

Regret
Heaven is the ability to progress beyond the limits of this human existence, to become more than man currently can.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by cking
heaven is god's home and earth is his footstool it is the place of the righteous.

laughing

mahasattva

The Buddhist principle of the oneness of self and environment (esho funi) means that life (sho) and its environment (e) are inseparable (funi). This means that although we perceive things around us as separate from us, there is a dimension of our lives that is one with the universe. At the most fundamental level of life itself, there is no separation between ourselves and the environment.

Life" means the subjective self that experiences the effects of past actions and is capable of creating new causes for the future. The environment is the objective realm where the karmic effects of life take shape. Each living being has his or her own unique environment, place or condition. For example, a person whose inner life is in a state of hell or suffering may perceive the environment of the inside of a crowded subway train as being hellish, while a person in the state who might manage to feel compassion and sense of joy makes a place a sense of camaraderie and serenity with fellow passengers.

People also create physical environments which reflect their inner reality. For instance, someone who is depressed is likely to neglect his home and personal appearance. On the other hand, someone who is secure and generous creates a warm and attractive environment around them. So, everything around us, including work and family relationships, is the reflection of our inner lives. Everything is perceived through the self and alters according to the individual's inner state of life. Thus, if we change ourselves(our minds) our circumstances will inevitably change also.

This is a liberating concept as it means that there is NO need to seek enlightenment outside ourselves or in a particular place(i.e after death). Wherever we are, in whatever circumstances, we can bring forth our innate reality, thus transforming our experience of our environment into Heavenly or "Pure land"--a joy-filled place where we create value of peace and harmony for ourselves and for others.

As my great teacher Nichiren wrote, "If the minds of the people are impure, their land is also impure, but if their minds are pure, so is their land. There are not two lands, pure(i.e heaven) and impure(i.e hell) in themselves. The difference lies solely in the good or evil of our minds."

debbiejo
OK this sounds hokey.....Heaven is where your heart is...So, it better be in there right place, or it won't last long.

ThePittman

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
Wherever the dead souls of good people want it to be.

However we don't experience death, we only experience life.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK this sounds hokey.....Heaven is where your heart is...So, it better be in there right place, or it won't last long.

Heaven is where the heart is, as is the home, ergo my home is heaven.... Egad! I truly am a God of my own realm!

I quite like that idea.

debbiejo
Yeppers!!!! You are the master of your domain..............(sinfield quote..sp)

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yeppers!!!! You are the master of your domain..............(sinfield quote..sp)

Now I just have to become the master of every body elses domain and I'll be set.

Storm
It is in your mind.

Alliance
ooooh....I like that one.

debbiejo
Welll that's what I just said..........

ADarksideJedi
It is what they say in the bible.Or in some movies cloudly.I think heaven is different for everyone through.jm

JesusIsAlive
Simply put Heaven is God's abode, God's home, God's house. Heaven is not a state of mind or figment of the imagination. Heaven is a "literal" place as revealed in God's Word (the holy Bible). All questions about what Heaven is should be researched from the Bible not from external sources. External sources (such as someone's personal testimony about Heaven) serve only to confirm what God has already said in His Word.

http://option-wizard.com/aa/17.shtml

http://members.aol.com/wnichint/heaven.html

Heaven is replete with opulence all around. God is so wealthy that His streets are made of gold (not lined with gold). The gates (and there are twelve of them) of New Jerusalem in Heaven are each solid pearl (not that little pearl that you are accustomed to seeing either).

Revelation 21:21
The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass .

This is going to be my new hometown for eternity.
The entire city in Heaven (it is called New Jerusalem) is pure gold and it is surrounded by a wall made of jasper. The foundations of New Jerusalem are twelve precious stones.(

Revelation 21:18-20
18 The construction of its wall was of jasper ; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass . 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

The Bible does not really describe what Heaven looks like but it does describe what the Heavenly city, New Jerusalem, looks like. Heaven is not this city, but the city is a subset of Heaven. Heaven is perhaps a planet. The Bible does not say that so I will just stick to the Bible's description of New Jerusalem.

The wall of New Jerusalem, is made of Jasper and is 600 feet high, its length 1500 miles, and its width 1500 miles. I got one word to describe this: Wow! Amazing! Huge! New Jerusalem is half the distance of the United States, and it is a city! There isn't a city this large anywhere in the world.

http://www.hasilvestre.org.br/advir/imagens/GoldSat1/images/people%20in%20heaven%20happy.jpg (Heaven)

http://www.hasilvestre.org.br/advir/imagens/GoldSat1/images/new%20Jerusalem%20heaven%20city.jpg (New Jerusalem in Heaven)

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Revelation 21:21
The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass

You lying little shithead....in my previous thread GATES OF HEAVEN you argue that there are NO GATES...and NOW you argue that there ARE GATES ?????????

Another Contradiction....thanks a lot ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison

Storm
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You lying little shithead....in my previous thread GATES OF HEAVEN you argue that there are NO GATES...and NOW you argue that there ARE GATES ?????????

Another Contradiction....thanks a lot ! roll eyes (sarcastic)
That was uncalled for.

Zen2nd
I'll tell you what heaven is when I die.

JesusIsAlive
"...Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country...."

Remember I am a semanticist (hair-splitter). There is a difference between "Heaven" and the city (New Jerusalem) in Heaven. I said all that to reiterate this: there are gates that lead into the city of New Jerusalem but Heaven is like the country and New Jerusalem the city within the Kingdom of Heaven. So I do not believe that there are gates that lead into Heaven, they lead into New Jerusalem (the City of God).

Shakyamunison
Remember I am a semanticist (hair-splitter). There is a difference between "Heaven" and the city (New Jerusalem) in Heaven. I said all that to reiterate this: there are gates that lead into the city of New Jerusalem but Heaven is like the country and New Jerusalem the city within the Kingdom of Heaven. So I do not believe that there are gates that lead into Heaven, they lead into New Jerusalem (the City of God).

Edit:

Don't get upset by what Lord Urizen said.

Lord Urizen

Fair enough, but why are thier Gates in the first place ?

Alliance
beacuse heaven is open to ALL!

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
beacuse heaven is open to ALL!

No it's not...ask JIA wink

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
If what you say is true, then you would be filled with love and be a totally different person then you appear to be on this forum. Let me suggest that you do not know what God wants. You do not understand the true nature of God, because you do not manifest this knowledge.

The Disagreer
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If what you say is true, then you would be filled with love and be a totally different person then you appear to be on this forum.
From what he writes I actually believe he probably is a good person in person. Sometimes its too easy to be taken out of character when not face to face with someone.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Disagreer
From what he writes I actually believe he probably is a good person in person. Sometimes its too easy to be taken out of character when not face to face with someone.

Yes I agree, but I'm not talking about a good person. If you have the Holy Spirit in you and you know the will of God, then you have to be a saint.

Lord Urizen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.